Craving

By HazieLeBon

What do you crave? For Astraea, it's Dean. For Dean, it's her. the problem is Astraea is a Succubus and Dean... More

Chapter One- Bad News
Chapter Two- Disowned
Chapter Three- First Day
Chapter Four- Clashed Intimacy
Chapter Five- The Morning After
Chapter Six- The Revealing
Chapter Seven- Tasing
Chapter Eight- Voices
Chapter Nine- Unorthodox Option

Chapter Ten- Alter Ego

3.9K 132 31
By HazieLeBon

<<<V*O*T*E<<< COMMENT<<<ENJOY :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Would you like to explain yourself?” Aunt Becky stood with her arms defensively crossed over her chest, hip popped pristinely for disciplining purposes.

“Huh?” Not once had it crossed my mind to inform my aunt about the recent goings on.

“Your school informed that you missed nearly all of your classes today, unexcused. Care to elaborate?”

“Oh, I didn’t feel well…” I averted my eyes, wondering if I should just tell her or quickly fabricate a believable lie.

“Look, I grew up with your mother. I always knew when she’d been feeding, don’t think for one second that I’m okay with it,” I looked into her face and saw more of my mother seeping through her features.

“I wasn’t feeding,” I retorted tersely through clenched teeth.

“Then why did the school tell me you left campus with Dean Cooper?  You lie to me, Astraea, and you’re back to your moms.”

“Some girls were making fun of me, he just took me to get some lunch and we caught a movie, okay?” I did my best to look embarrassed and slightly hurt. The lie was going to have to do for now.

“What were they making fun of you for?” Her eyes changed to the concerning aunt she had been days before.

“I’m the new girl, it comes with the territory,” I shrugged.

“I’m so sorry, honey. Well next time, at least text me and tell me what’s going on. And I don’t want you spending too much time with this Dean, it’s dangerous for you and him.”

“I know, thanks,” I smiled and went upstairs, hoping to escape the third degree.

How are you holding up?

My mind welcomed the soft voice of Dean.

I’m fine, my aunt interrogated me, though. Do you think I should tell her about all of this?

I was getting used to the intense connection Dean and I developed, it felt natural and comforting.

Let’s wait until we know exactly what we’re doing. I’ll pick you up for school tomorrow, is that okay?

I smiled, thinking about how pointless my phone was now, texting was a thing of the past.

Ya, good night, Dean

Night beautiful

Hot water stained my skin red as I breathed the steam deep into my lungs. I lathered my skin, attempting to wash away all the problems my life was producing and throwing in my face.

“Clair, I don’t think she’s fed yet,” my aunt’s voice was low and different, altered in some way I couldn’t tell.

“What’s taking her so damn long?” My mother’s voice was impatient and crisp.

I held the loofa to my skin, frozen under the hot droplets of water as my ears brought the conversation from somewhere in the house to right under my skin.

“She’s with a boy, though. It won’t be long until she can’t control herself.”

“We’ve waited so long for this, she’ll be stronger than ever the more she waits. That bitch had to go have sex… we could’ve let her develop a couple more years! But it’ll have to do,” my mom’s words were cryptic.

“How many times are we going to let her feed?” Becky’s voice was exempt of any caring she once had.

“We’ll let her take one life. She won’t know what to do and will be forced to tell you. That’s when I’ll come up and we’ll do it.  Her succubus will be strongest if she drains a whole life.”

“I still don’t know why you had to stick her with me during all of this,” annoyance dripped through my aunt’s words.

“I told you, because of your little… wolf problem up there, it will be a lot easier to get rid of the bodies. No one will think anything of it, the wolf community can cover up something like this to perfection. I have to go, don’t pressure her, we need her to grow stronger,” and then it was over, the only thing I could hear was the splashing water all around me. I didn’t realize tears had been flowing from burning eyes, melding into the droplets rolling off my body.

What were they talking about? Why did they need me stronger? What did they mean by easier to get rid of… bodies?

My hands were violently trembling as I ran my fingers shakily through my hair.

Dean, I need you. Now

Even in my mind, my words revealed my emotions.

I’m coming

I stumbled out of the shower, clutching a towel to my chest. Steam hid the mirror and moisture covered the tiled room. I threw on clothes as fast as my appendages would let me.

Knock knock knock

“Hey, sorry about earlier. I shouldn’t have been so hard on you,” my aunt opened the door, entering slowly.

Wait outside, I’ll be down soon

I warned Dean. My heart beat quickened excruciatingly and bile rose in my throat looking at the alter ego of my own flesh and blood.

Okay, I’m here if you need me, waiting just in the woods behind the house

“It’s no problem, really. I skipped school, I should’ve asked permission,” I attempted an apologetic smile but my voice was shaky and I had a feeling my eyes deceived my persona.

“Are you okay? Do you need anything?” My heart broke as her melodic voice painted a picture of care and concern… but I could hear it now, something I didn’t recognize earlier. I heard her soul, the black obscurity filled with evil and hate.

“Fine, just really tired,” I shrugged nonchalantly.

“Alright, well I’ll see you tomorrow. Get a good night’s rest,” she smiled that candy apple smile, this particular apple happened to be poisoness.

 “You too. Night Aunt Becky,” I breathed a sigh of relief as she shut my door.

The window slid open silently as I climbed out of my room and onto the roof. The drop was a good thirty feet from the second story and there didn’t appear to be any other way down.

With all the agility I had, I jumped off the ridge. A loud crack emanated from my leg as I landed. Agony swam through me as my mind was discovering what just happened. I covered my mouth to stifle a scream as pain blossomed from my knee and consumed my body. I held my obviously broken appendage to my chest firmly as hot tears rolled out of my eyes. Not ten horrible seconds went by before the pain started to subside and clear itself from my system. It felt like someone was poring cold water down the fire filled veins. As my leg began to heal, I wasted no time in running. I took off towards the woods, my knee feeling more and more like normal.

“Ash, what happened?” Dean ran to my side as soon as I entered the forest brush.

“My aunt…my mom, I think the-” sobs escaped my throat before I could finish my incoherent rant. I broke down, falling to the forest floor and letting the weight on my shoulders fall through my eyes in the form of salty tears.

“Hey, hey… it’s going to be okay. I promise,” Dean scooped me up as he sat on a pile of muddy leaves, cradling me in his arms as he rocked back and forth comfortingly.

A calm silence settled in around us as we listened to the sounds of the forest. I composed myself after my tear ducts had run themselves dry, “it’s not, Dean. I think they want to use me for something. They want me to kill someone…”

“What?” He held my face, looking into my eyes. I didn’t have the energy to explain everything, so I dug into my memory and relayed the entire conversation I overheard through mind link.

We sat there for achingly long seconds while they’re labyrinth of words sunk in.

“Ash, we need to get you to Brazil.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 1.4K 64
A tragic love story, about a werewolf who lost everything and a girl with no place amongst the humans, set in a world of war and Immortality. Through...
18 1 1
the story how i fell in love with a succubus and got her pregnant.
114 18 22
She's an average wolf with a horrendous past. Out for revenge, she goes by many names. Will finding her mate send her in a different direction? Will...