Spellbound (Ghost Hunt Fanfic...

By marieyoonminnie

After three years, the SPR team is back. With more cases and an extra hand to help. Gene is Alive and kicking... More

Prologue: SPR a.k.a Shibuya Psychic Research
(File 1: Two times the Trouble) #1: Inside the Case
(File 1: Two times the trouble) #2: Mai's first encounter
(File 1: Two times the trouble) #3: Under constant protection
(File 1: Two times the Trouble) #5 : Ending The Case
Side Story 1: A Confession
(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #1: Sudden Appearance
(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #2: MAI IS WHAT?!?!
(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #3 : First Day Accident
(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #4: The Search for Her
(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #5 : Nearly causing death
(File 2: Haunted Carnival) #6 : Purifying what was once Pure
Side Story 2: Staying under one Roof, A Promise and A New Power
(File 3 : The Unknown Identity) #1 : "It Happened"
(File 3 : The Unknown Identity) #2 : Attacked by the Unknown
(File 3 : The Unknown Identity) #3 : Exposed and Hurt but STILL Standing
(File 3 : The Unknown Identity) #4 : DON'T DIE ON US GENE
(File 3 : The Unknown Identity) #5 Purging Foes at End
(File 3 : The Unknown Identity #6 : After All that's happened
Side Story 3 : What is THIS?!?
(File 4 : Ghostly House #1 : Ticket to Abroad)
(File 4 : Ghostly House #2 : Welcome to Philippines)
FILE 4 : GHOSTLY HOUSE #3 : ARIA IS A ???
(File 4 : Ghostly House #4 : Sealing Kamisama (God))
(File 4 : Ghostly House #5 : Mourning for a Lost Case)
Side Story 4 : The Best Gift Ever and the Worst Nightmare Ever
File 5 : New Ex-Mate #1 : He's my Stupid Idiotic Brother
File 5 : New Ex-Mate #2 : Inside her Head has a Lot of Doubts
File 5 : New Ex-Mate #3 : JUST WHO ARE YOU?!
File 5 : New Ex-Mate #4 : It was That Person..
File 5 : New Ex-Mate #5 : Please wake up
File 5 : New Ex-Mate #5 : Finally..
Side Story 5 : A Surprise Visitor
Side Story 6 : Gene's Resolve
Side Story 7: The Most Awaited Moment
Epilogue 1: Meeting the Twins
NEVERMORE

(File 1: Two times the Trouble) #4: The worst predicament

4.4K 126 8
By marieyoonminnie

File 1: Two times the Trouble

#4: The worst predicament

MAI'S POV

"Naru! What happened?!?" I suddenly said slamming the door open to the clinic. I saw Gene was sleeping on the bed with Naru and Masako beside him. Bou-san and Ayako were behind me while I'm guessing that John and Lin-san are still investigating. Naru stared at me blankly as Masako went near me and suddenly hugged me.

"What's wrong Masako? Please tell me. ." I said and she suddenly sobbed uncontrollably. I hushed her down and tried to guess what happened. I looked at Naru and I mind-linked him

'What happened?' but he just sighed and turned back to Gene.

'Naru. . What happened tell me now!!' I shouted mentally at him and he suddenly rubbed the bridge of his nose. Oh he was irritated.

'Gene just lost his consciousness and is in a coma. We don't know how or why it happened, he just doesn't wake up even if I transferred some of my energy to him. . Hara-san was a wreck ever since he was like this. .' I suddenly tensed with what he said. Usually transferring energy to his twin worked but why didn't it work now?

'Do you want me to try something?' I told him and he nodded. I'm sure Naru would take any chance to wake his brother up. I nodded as well handing Masako to Bou-san.

"Don't worry Masako. . I'll do anything to make Gene wake up again. ." I smiled at her and she nodded her head. I know she likes Naru but she loves Gene. Yeah, I get that vibe from her. She's just too shy, actually both of them are to shy to tell each other how they actually feel. So much for them. Speak for yourself Mai.

I sat beside Gene's bed and held his hand. I concentrated hard and tried entering his mind. His walls were so weak at the moment. What happened to you Gene?!? A surge of energy suddenly released every tension in my body and I was suddenly pulled away from it and total blackness took over.

Dreamscape

I opened my eyes and saw the sun setting in the distance. . Was I already inside Gene's mind??

"Gene. . Gene where are you??" I called for him yet he did not answer. Where was he?!

"Gene!" I called for him louder but a hand yanked me backwards. I saw. . myself. .I slapped her hand away and backed away a few steps. My Replica had hand behind her and I knew what it was.

"Don't you dare take a step closer!" I shouted at her yet she just smirked at me.

"You're the one that ganger wants. . And I'll bring you to him so that I can live your life!" she said and suddenly attacked me with a knife. I dodged it and cast a spell on her.

"Nau manku san dabara zan dankan!" I chanted hurriedly and she was blasted away. I ran and ran where my feet would take me and I looked back to see her coming after me. I still ran and bumped against a hard surface. I looked and saw R.Gene. . who was sliced in half. His hand reached for me yet I slapped it away taking a step back.

"Got you!" I heard my voice and suddenly I felt pain shot up my whole body. I felt weak and my knees buckled falling to the floor. I felt wet and sticky. What the. . heck?

Total Blackness. .

GENE'S POV

Dreamscape

I suddenly woke up to find myself in a miasma filled room. I covered my nose and looked outside. It had a dark bluish glow so that means I'm in a dream. I looked around me and saw Mai chained up on her wrist and was slumped to the floor unconscious. I tried to call for her but my voice didn't work. I tried to mind-linked but still didn't work. I walked towards her but was suddenly yanked back only to see I was chained myself.

The only thing I remembered was slicing my replica in half but suddenly blacking out. Maybe I still haven't restored my energy.

'Mai! Mai wake up!' I mind-linked her one more time but why was there a wall in her thoughts?!? And stronger than her usual ones! Shit!!

I'll try Naru. . I thought to myself and instantly tried to have connection outside.

'Naru. Naru can you hear me?!?' I shouted at him hoping to contact him.

'Gene? Gene is that you?'

'Yeah it's me Naru. Listen. . Mai's in danger, well both of us are. But listen. Mai's bleeding and I can't get to her because we are both chained up. I can't mind link her because the walls around her head are too strong. And she's losing energy because of it.'

'What do I do? Do I take her hands off you? She's bleeding! Hara-san get bandages, Matsuzaki-san get a towel NOW!' I froze. Mai's bleeding in the real world? The dream became reality?? This is worse than I thought.

'No don't take her hands off me. She might never get back to the real world if you take her away in the state she's in just keep her hands on me. Just keep it there or else she'll die brother' I told him and I knew it affected him. In a way.

'She can't die! I won't let that happen!' I suddenly heard a scream in the background of his head.

'Shit! Gene I'll mind link you later! A bunch of bloodied students are attacking you and Mai. We'll stop them. Try to think of a way to save her. Please Gene' I heard his voice crack a bit. But just a bit. So he really did care for her. Little brother maybe after this case, you'll realize how much she means to you.

'Don't worry you can count on me' and I cut the link. I just hope they're all right. Masako. . please be all right. .

NARU'S POV

Shit! Shit! This isn't what I envisioned this spirit to be. It's a repulsive one which means it wants something. . Or someone. Shit! They want Mai! or even Gene for that matter!

"In God was the word and the word was God" I heard John chant while Matsuzaki-san and Hara-san were by Gene and Mai's side.

"On baishiramantaya sowaka"

"On ishanaya intaraya sowaka."

"On jiterashi itara jibaratanō sowaka"

"On hayabaishiramantaya sowaka."

"On nōmaku sanmanda basaradan kan."

"On aganaya in maya sowaka"

"On irotahi chanoga jiba tai sowaka."

"On chirichi iba rotaya sowaka."

"On a ra ba sha nō sowaka!!!"

Bou-san put a protective barrier by the door of the clinic and stabbed his tokkosho (A/N Is a knife like tool which uses psychic energy to create barriers and such) on the door pane.

"That should hold them off for awhile. ." he said while panting. He lost more energy than ever. The number of students outside were slamming the barrier but they couldn't break it. These students were on the list of people who had doppelgangers. What the heck how are we suppose to exorcize this kind of spirit. It was repulsive and I can't just stand here doing nothing.

"Gene!" I suddenly heard Hara-san shout and I looked around to see my brother getting cuts all over his body. What the heck was happening inside their dream. He suddenly coughed up blood and I felt the pain as well.

"Ugh!" I grunted as I slumped to the floor clutching my abdominal area.

"Naru!" Koujo walked over to me supporting me while I stand up.

'Gene, Gene! Answer me!!' I mind linked Gene and all I could were pants and grunts.

'A little busy here brother. Mai's safe but they want to kill her. And in a not so good way. They want to kill her so that her ganger will replace her. The ganger's true form is of a small child. Conjoined twins. . They're both dead and they want revenge because their mother shunned them away and buried them alive. . Mai's talking with it right now Calming it down I just hope it works. She's Mai after all' I suddenly got angry and slammed my fist on the wall. Wait . . Why am I getting angry? Was it because Mai's been targeted by spirits again? Or because of Gene's tone of voice when he mentioned Mai's name? I don't know!

'Naru. . Are you okay?' a sweet voice suddenly asked me and my knees had gone weak and I sat on the floor.

'Mai. . Thank God you're awake. .'

A few moments of silence from her. What was she doing?!?

''Mai? Mai!'

Still Silence. . .

What the heck?!?

Mai! Answer Me!

#######################################

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 2.1K 40
Oliver Davis (Naru) and Lin leave to England. One question from Oliver makes Mai Taniyama want to leave the world. But, she stays strong and decides...
994 22 8
Shibuya Psychic Research is hired to investigate a delapidated Tokyo schoolhouse. The same day they begin, Ghost Hunt fan girl Nira Narumi falls into...
270 0 8
Just when SPR thought it was time to head back to Tokyo and recover from the Yoshimi case, Naru finally discovers what he'd been looking for and anno...
8K 220 35
After Naru left for England Aki Tsukino from the police force had Mai join the psychic research unit and the Chief forced Mai to be Aki's partner. Wh...