Deepest Thoughts [Narry]

By NarryPerfection

"Stop reading my mind!" In which Harry is a mind-reader and Niall just thinks a lot. Copyright © All Rights... More

DEEPEST THOUGHTS
Prologue: Mind-Reader
Chapter One: Realization
Chapter Two: People
Chapter Three: Green
Chapter Four: Damsel
Chapter Five: Prince Charming
Chapter Six: Saturday
Chapter Seven: Sunset Sugar
Chapter Eight: Compare
Chapter Nine: Blue Proposal
Chapter Ten: Blessed Curse
Chapter Twelve: Talk
Chapter Thirteen: Emotions
Chapter Fourteen: Somebody
Chapter Fifteen: Sundae Sunbae
Chapter Sixteen: Movie
Chapter Seventeen: Last Names
Chapter Eighteen: What About Love
Chapter Nineteen: Bullet
Chapter Twenty: Partners
Chapter Twenty-One: Haribo & Cupid
Chapter Twenty-Two: Ideas
Chapter Twenty-Three: A Dream & A Number
Chapter Twenty-Four: More to a Person
Chapter Twenty-Five: Lines
Chapter Twenty-Six: Partner over Partner
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Realization, again
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sketchy
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Project
Chapter Thirty: Invitation
Chapter Thirty-One: A Game's Ending
Chapter Thirty-Two: Residue
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bothering Stares

Chapter Eleven: Artwork

4.3K 311 95
By NarryPerfection

Niall Horan

"These are so heavy, I can't believe you convinced me to stay," I whined as I juggled the two brown boxes stacked on top of each other. They were almost as wide as I was, the weight of the boxes was a whole different story. I quickly glanced at my side to look at Harry. He was carrying an armful of long, colorful tubes of paper. The tubes created a large distance between us because Harry had them in his arms horizontally and I really wanted to avoid crashing into the paper supply. 

 "I can't even see where I'm going!" I said, trying to look above my box which did not help at all since my whole front view was unavailable. I had to lean my neck sideways to know where I was going just so I could prevent myself from tripping anything or anyone. But the sideways lean was starting to make my neck ache. 

Stupid crafting club

I have the creativity of a fucking goldfish. If I wanted to join the oh-so creative craft club of our damn school I would've done so but I didn't. Why? Because I'm not creative!

Honestly Harry, I'm going to shove those cardboard tubes so far up your ass they'll come out of your throat

The boxes began to slip from my grip and I had to stop to re-adjust them carefully. Harry continued walking ahead, laughing at my pointless rant. I rolled my eyes and I was about to tell Harry off again but I didn't have the chance because everything seemed to happen at once. There was the sound of a door swinging open revealing chatter until it came to a quick stop and the hallway echoed of what I assume the long tubes of paper falling out of Harry's arms.

You deserved that

"Harry? What did you do?" I asked, beginning to walk forward and wanting to stupidly rush to Harry's side. Right when Harry began to mumble an explanation, I felt my foot step on something round—something way too round.

"Niall, watch out!" 

Fuck you, Lou.

"Ah, shit," I helplessly cursed. My body began tumbling backwards and then forward, finding no balance between my weight and the weight of the boxes. With a small crack of my heart, the bottom box slipped from my fingers and went crashing down to the floor loudly, spilling some crafting supplies on the floor. I winced at the sound, my shoulders rising fast before I let them sulk. I stared at the box in my hands sadly before I noticed that the bottom box had landed on someone's feet. 

"Thanks for the help mate. You just keep standing there, alright? Not a damn problem," I sarcastically said, a bit irritated before looking up to the person's face. Elliot gave me a weak smile, his face expression somewhere between deep regret and apologetic. 

Of course

Yes. . . yes

Thank you sweet, sweet fucking universe

I saw Harry raise his hand up to his mouth and look away, not without hearing a small noise similar to a one of a laugh. Louis was pursing his lips together harshly but it didn't hide the way the corners of his mouth turned upwards. He also decided to look away and abandon me, to fend for my own. 

Take me right now

Save me from this embarrassment

I'm never going to live this one down

"I'm really sorry," Elliot bent down and picked up the box, putting the stuff that had fallen out back inside. Harry and Louis occupied themselves with recollecting the tubes of paper and I just stood there, watching everyone do something. 

. . .Bow down to me

Stop it. It's not the right time for that

Why was I born with the superpower of being the clumsiest person on earth? And why pair me up with the clumsiest second over here who also got an extra set of powers? 

Elliot finally stood up, having finished picking up the items. I placed my hands forward, ready to receive the box but he never gave to me. Instead, he pulled it to his side, away from me. I frowned, glancing at his eyes before stepping forward, reaching for the box. Again, Elliot held the box behind him, away from my reach. 

We continued doing our silent battle of whatever the hell this isjust give me the box Elliot. He continued to refuse to pass it over to me and it was only until Harry and Louis finished, both of them splitting the tubes between them, that Harry cleared his throat, catching Elliot and I's attention.

Louis gave me a look. 

I stepped back from Elliot and bit the side of my cheek, hoping my face wouldn't heat up. Harry's eyes flickered between us, his eyes furrowing together. "Are you two okay?"

He won't give me the box, Harry

Help

"Louis and I could help you get this stuff back to the classroom," Elliot finally suggested, looking at me, then at Harry, then at me again. I almost dropped the box I was holding. Louis shrugged. 

Why didn't you say that before we played some sort of whack tug-of-war

Harry was holding back a smile.

"Let's hurry this up lads, Elliot and I have to head down to the main office afterwards," Louis said, letting Elliot and Harry go first. He stuck behind them with me. I wanted to take the box in my hands and repeatedly hit myself with it. 

"I think Harry knows," Louis quietly said to me. I kept staring at Elliot's back as he made conversation with Harry.

"Knows what?"

"That you like. . . you know," Louis used his head to motion towards Elliot. Of course Harry knew. I was the one that indirectly told him. He still hasn't said anything to me since that day and I wasn't sure if I was suppose to feel glad or worried. I trusted Harry enough to know he wouldn't do anything irrational. 

"I trust him."

"Really?" He furrowed his eyebrows together. "You two are really bonding."

I stared at Harry's side face. He was talking to Elliot but all I could think of is how Harry and I really are getting close. 

I mean, I basically proposed to him. . .

. . .for friendship purposes

Louis didn't need to know that.

>>>

"See? It wasn't so bad," Harry said to me once we were outside the school building. It was around 6 PM and it was starting to get dark. I couldn't wait to get home and lay on my bed. I was also hungry as I could feel my stomach starting to growl.

"I guess it was fun," I grinned. "You still need to shower to take out the rest of the glue in your hair."

"That's still not funny," Harry grumbled, his hand touching the places where his hair was the most sticky. Most of the glue was at the tips of his hair, piecing together the strands into nasty tangles and making it impossible for Harry to run his hand through his hair.

"I still can't believe you gave me a piece of your hair to glue it onto this mess," I said, holding up a blue construction paper in the air for both of us to look at. It was my artwork. The paper was messily covered in poorly cut shapes, some colored yarn stuck to it along with tissue paper, pieces of aluminum, pictures from magazines, pieces of Harry's hair, and to top it all off, glitter everywhere

When I mean everywhere, I literally mean everywhere. Harry and I got carried away with the glitter and there was glue on our shirts, inside our shirts, hands, arms, hair, face, every exposed place on our persons. 

We're a mess

This is my aesthetic

Take that tumblr!

"Only because my hair made your artwork a masterpiece," Harry poked at the glue oozing out from underneath all the junk I stuck to it. He sneakily spread it all over my cheek and I laughed, smacking his hand away. 

"What's my mum gonna say when I get home sparkling like Edward Cullen?" I said as we both began walking down the stairs. The evening sun shone brightly on us, the shadows it created followed our every move.

"You missed your chance at pulling me into the forest and saying 'I know what you are'" Harry was looking at me and I could already imagine his wide grin. 

"And then what? We'd go up a cliff and you'd tell me every single complaint I was thinking on the way up."

"You're right. That would be annoying. You can barely carry a box much less go up a cliff."

I groaned and hit Harry again. I didn't want to remember that moment. It happened like two hours ago but it felt like it happened minutes ago. 

"All Louis could think was calling you 'The Lord of Embarrassment'."

I rolled my eyes. I know that name fitted me well but I still had the right to be offended. We reached Harry's car and I climbed into the passenger seat, throwing my artwork in the backseat. Harry seated himself in the driver's seat right after, starting the engine. 

"What did Elliot think of me?" I mumbled, reaching for my seat belt and securing it in. Harry was quiet for a moment, putting on his seat belt and his hands grabbing the steering wheel.

"Um. . . well," Harry started of. He sounded unsure. "He just. . . he didn't really think anything of it. Yeah. He just felt bad for not helping you because you kind of told him off."

"Great. I should start looking for a new crush then."

Harry glanced at me. 

I changed the subject and we made easy conversation on the road. There was a point where Harry heard the voice of Ed Sheeran on the radio and turned the volume up a little bit too high I almost went deaf. 

When we reached my house, I started to unbuckle my belt and Harry continued to talk about how he felt like he should get into gardening more only because of how he enjoyed his experience on planting the blue flower I gave him. 

"I could grow like tomatoes and maybe carrots," He said. "I don't know if I'll have enough room for carrots."

"Absolutely. We could have an annual get-together to celebrate your vegetables."

Just don't invite me

I began to reach over for my artwork in the back. It was too far away from my reach so I had to almost climb into the backseat. Harry was still talking but he wasn't talking about his garden anymore. He was questioning what was I doing.

I can't reach my pape—fuck

"Shit," I said as my hand that was holding me up almost slipped down from the seat and I was about hit my face against the seat.

"You could've just opened the door to the backseat," Harry stated and I almost kicked him. I didn't need him announcing the normal ways people would've done this. I obviously knew I didn't think this through.

"I almost got it, hold on," I forced myself to reach the paper. I felt my shirt rise up but that was the least of my concerns. 

Or it was until I felt Harry's warm hand brush against my hip causing me to blush as he pulled down my shirt. It took me a moment but eventually I gripped the paper in my hand and slowly got back in my seat, hoping my blush wasn't noticeable. 

"Finally," I breathed out. I smiled and looked at Harry. He seemed to be deep in thought again. It wasn't a frequent thing he did but it kept on occurring more than usual. I noted that he also seemed to have a faint pink color on his cheeks. 

Who knows what goes on in those deep thoughts of yours

He wasn't listening to me.

"Harry?" I said.

"Oh, what?" He quickly changed his attention towards me, giving me a small smile. His eyes met mines and I felt my cheeks grow warmer than they already were.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I returned his smile and grabbed my bag, taking the piece of paper with me. Harry nodded and got back into his driving position. I stopped on my way to my door, looking back and waving at Harry. Harry waved at me before getting back on the road and soon disappearing. 

I peered down at the paper in my hands and laughed again when I saw Harry's chopped hair still glued there. 

He's an idiot

|x|

I love their characters so much

There might have/might not have been a little bit of foreshadowing in this chapter (:

-Skyxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 292 15
just some fluff & smut one shots of narry storan. (niall horan + harry styles) || credit goes to rightful owners ||
182K 6.8K 47
"I just want to make you happy." Where Niall happens to fall in love with his best friend. Who's taken. all gif/pic credit to rightful owners :)
40.2K 2K 36
niall knows he fucked up when he realizes he had fallen in love with the married man he's shagging.
74.1K 2.6K 40
In which Harry takes a interest in girl clothes. ©Copyright 2016 Smiley_Miley_