Black Rose

By -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... More

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

10.

17.5K 988 900
By -starsailor

Majesty A. Collins

My breathing became quick and heavy as my feet continued to move under me. The music blasting through my beats motivated me to keep going. My other motivation was Ford, who continued to pull on the leash, forcing me to speed up.

He finally began to slow down a bit, allowing me to catch my breath. My free hand held my chest as I let out a breath of relief.

The crisp fall air cooled my body temperature down as I practically fell back on a bench. One of my hands gripped Ford's leash tightly and the other one held my sweating Dasani to my lips. The cold liquid felt like heaven on my dry tongue. It was the best feeling at the moment.

My arm was pulled harshly as Ford went running. The other half of the cold water poured right on my chest. I didn't have time to react to the coldness because I was being pulled across the park. I yelled out Ford's name a few times but he only sped up. My hand dropped the leash, allowing him to run free.

He wasn't running after a squirrel like a normal dog. He's running after a human.

Clutching my empty water bottle in my hand, I took off after Ford. Some people in the park stared at me in confusion and others grabbed their kids to make sure my dog wouldn't attack them. Little do they know, he doesn't attack people unless he feels threatened. But if I were a parent and a dog bigger than my kid was running at full speed, I'd hold my child also.

I slowed down as I saw Ford stop at someone's feet. The guy squatted down and began to rub Ford's furry face. Furrowing my brows, I now stood in front of the two of them. When the guy looked up and pulled his hood off of his head I had to refrain myself from snatching Ford and leaving.

"You still want that plate back?" I cocked an eyebrow and folded my arms across my chest.

He stood up straight and stared down at me. Instead of looking down at him, I was now tilting my head back just to see his face.

"Nah." He licked his lips while shaking his head. For some reason I felt my stomach tingling as I studied his face. The sun shined on his face, making it look like something straight from a movie scene. "Look, I apologize for how I acted that day. Lemme take you out to make up for it." He pleaded with a look of sincerity on his face.

Glancing down at Ford, he seemed to like him. If your dog likes someone then that says a lot.

"I don't go out with people whose name I don't know."

I couldn't give in to him too easily though.

"Go out with me on a date and I'll tell you." He challenged.

"Will food be involved?"

He nodded his head yes and pursed his lips, waiting for my answer.

"Okay, I'll go out with you Breezy." I cracked a small smile.

He smiled also, but his was bigger than mine.

"I'll text you everything. Is there a day you're free?"

"Saturday." I replied.

"Aight. Saturday." He nodded. "I gotchu."

We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

"You're going on a date with a guy whose name you don't even know?" Keiara asked suspiciously. "That seems a little fishy if you ask me. Also sounds like something a black person wouldn't do, but you're nosey as hell."

Rolling my eyes I replied, "I'm not nosey."

"I don't think you should go." She sighed. "He can be a murderer or something."

"Pretty sure he would've been killed me Keiara." I replied while looking through my closet.

"Is this the guy you left with at the party? The one who you fucked?"

I scrunched my face up and looked over my shoulder. She was slumped on my bed, scrolling on her phone.

"I didn't fuck anyone." I snapped.

"Why're you getting so mad then Maj?" She inquired.

I turned my head back around and continued to organize my closet. "Please leave Keiara, I'm going to work soon."

I heard the bed creak then her footsteps dragging against the hardwood floor. I kept doing what I was doing until I heard the front door slam close.

First Harlan now her.

People should really learn to mind their own business. I know we're friends and all but who I'm going on a date with and having sex with isn't her business. I don't ask her who sleeps with since she broke up with her ex.

Guess that's just the way people think now.

Unplugging the curling wand from the wall, I ran my fingers through my dark hair while examining it. I almost never put heat to my hair, but today's different. I want to do something different today and actually attempt to look nice.

I even put a little makeup on my usually bare face. I was a bit skeptical on the red lipstick, but according to Pinterest it's a 'go to'.

I observed myself through the mirror, and gave myself a small nod of approval. Skipping to my bedroom, I passed Ford and went for my clutch. As soon as the soft black leather clutch was in my hand, the doorbell echoed throughout my petite apartment. A small smile appeared on my face as I said goodbye to Ford and caper to the front door.

A small grin played on the end of his lips as my face came into his view. Looking him up and down, I realized we were sort of matching with our jean jackets.

"I guess great minds think alike." He chuckled, tugging at the large jean jacket on my body.

A giggle escaped my lips as I gazed in his chocolate colored orbs. "I guess so."

"Nonetheless, you are a prepossessing sight to view." He spoke with a captivating smile.

"Aw, you're using words I use." I placed my hand over my heart as I felt flattered.

"When you're taking an educated college girl out you kinda have to." He chuckled with a small shrug. A light blush crept onto my cheeks as he stared down at me with that charming smirk. Breezy held his arm out for me, so I laced my arm with his. "Ready?"

I gave him a small nod and closed the door behind us. We both decided on taking the elevator down instead of the stairs.

Breezy grabbed one of my large curls and played with it for a second before dropping it and placing his hand on my cheek. He attempted to kiss my lips, but I placed my hand on his chest.

"I don't kiss people whose names I don't know." I teased.

"But you f-"

"I was drunk and high." I scoffed and playfully pushed him out of the elevator.

He gripped my hand, pulling me out of the elevator with him. I nearly fell on my face but his hands slid down to my waist, holding me tightly.

I blushed and thanked him. I thanked him once again as he opened and closed his car door for me. I watched as he pressed start on the expensive car and began to pull into the dangerous New York City traffic.

The flashing city lights were eventually not in view anymore as Breezy now drove on a back road to somewhere. My eyes squinted as the setting sun shined directly on my face.

The car was fairly quiet considering the radio wasn't on. We sat in a comfortable silence as he drove. I kept myself distracted by staring out the window and trying to figure out where he's taking me.

After another forty minutes he pulled into an abandoned area and parked on a bunch of rocks.

"We're here." Breezy announced.

I looked around seeing nothing but a lake and trees. Tall grass blocked some of my view of the small amount of water though.

Breezy came around and opened my door. I grabbed his hand and pulled myself up with his help. I didn't even notice he held a picnic basket in his other hand as we walked down a narrow path in the grass.

After walking for a few minutes a short pier came in our view. A small gasp escaped from my lips as I saw the magnificent view.

"This is breathtaking." I spoke barley above a whisper as I let go of Breezy's hand and stepped onto the pier, looking over the clear water of the lake. I was one that loved nature so the sight of all the autumn colored leafs floating on the clear lake made me feel warm inside. "Wow..."

"You like it?" His raspy voice asked from behind me.

As I turned around, I realized we were closer than I thought. Slowly looking up, I met his soft stare.

"I love it." I admitted. "I love nature, it's soothing."

He nodded and sat down at the end of the pier with his feet hanging off of it. After taking my shoes off I joined him. We stared at nothing in particular, just taking in the scene in front of us.

Across from us were hundreds of trees with colorful leafs. Some leafs carelessly fell into the lake that's the habitat of many marine insects and such.

"Can I know your name now?" I turned my attention to the beautiful man beside me.

He met my eyes and let a raspy chuckle leave his throat. I found myself smiling up at him as he looked down at me.

"After you tell me your full name."

His eyes never left mine as he searched them for some sort of answer.

If telling him my full name will get him to tell me his, then I don't mind. I don't have anything to hide.

"Majesty Anne Collins. Now tell me yours, Breezy."

"Majesty Anne Collins." He repeated with a small smile. "How fancy."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. I got that a lot.

At some point I hated my name. Kids in middle school used to make fun of me because my name's Majesty, my family wasn't the wealthiest.

Naming you Majesty is like a poor person naming their kid Mercedes even though they can't afford the car.

Eventually I learned to ignore them. But when ignoring didn't work, I fought back. With words of course. I'm not a physical person.

When I defended myself I got called 'the girl with anger issues.' I guess in the end you can never win.

"I like it though, it's cute." Breezy complimented. "It fits you."

I kept my eyes on his although I was blushing so hard. He's made me blush more than I ever have in my life.

There's something about him..

"I guess it's my turn." He sighed heavily, breaking eye contact.

"I bet your name isn't even as bad as you're making it seem." I chuckled and turned his head back to me.

Breezy took my hand in his, moving it from his face. He squeezed my hand and rested our tangled fingers on my thigh.

"Alexander." He spoke after a few minutes of silence between the two of us. "Alexander Princeton Turner."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I examined his face. "There's nothing wrong with that name. I like it. How fancy." I laughed a little at my attempt to mimic him. He laughed along with me. "Can I call you Alex? Or Princeton sometimes because I'm sure everyone calls you Alex, and I don't want to be like everyone."

He chewed down on his bottom lip before nodding.

"Yeah." He cracked a small smile. "No one calls me Alex, besides my mom. Everyone else calls me Breezy."

"Why?" I tilted my head a bit.

"Street name I guess." He shrugged.

I nodded as if I understood, but I really didn't. It's weird how everyone can call him something that's not his name.

"Now tell me.." I popped a grape in my mouth and kept my eyes on Alex's. "How old are you?"

"Twenty seven." He replied. "You?"

"Twenty one. When's your birthday?"

"November the eighth. Lemme guess..." he swallowed his strawberry, "you're a spring baby."

"Wow, your birthday's next month! We have to celebrate." I smiled. "But no, I'm a winter baby. January the thirty-first is when I made my beautiful entrance onto this earth."

"Mm." He nodded with a gorgeous smile. "What're you majoring in school?"

"Literature."

"Who made you fall in love with it? Ernest Hemingway or Kate Chopin?"

I bit the inside of my cheek before answering without hesitation. "Ernest Hemingway."

We learned more things about each other as we ate the healthy food he packed for us. Well, somewhat healthy. Other than the fruit and juice he packed, he also found a way to put fried chicken and white wine in the basket.

"Since you majored is business, are you a business owner?"

I kept my eyes on Alex's jawline as he stared across the lake. He slowly sipped the wine in his glass before placing it in the small space between our bodies.

"Somewhat.. Yeah, you can call me a business owner."

"Hm, okay Mr. Turner." I teased with a slight laugh.

"Don't call me that." He chuckled. "Unless you're trying to do other things."

A shocked laugh left my lips as I hit his shoulder. "I'm not into that kinky stuff."

"If you say so." He chuckled. "But it's getting dark, we should get going before Jason come out."

I hopped up from my spot and dusted my butt off before grabbing Alex's arms tightly.

"Don't say that." I frown.

Alex began to make Jason noises. I let go of his arm and speed walked to the car.

It really is getting dark, and I don't think I want to see how this breathtaking sight looks at night. It probably looks like something from a horror movie.

I leaned on the expensive car as my eyes watched Alex. He put the things in the trunk before coming around to the passenger side. He placed his hands on both sides of me, trapping me.

We stared in each other's eyes as the loud locusts made their noises in the woods. Alex pressed his body to mine, making the space between us nonexistent.

"Are you going to kiss me?" I raised an eyebrow and switched my eyes from his eyes to his lips.

Alex constantly looked from my eyes to my lips, but never leaned in. Taking the lead, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down a bit so I could reach him. His hands slid down to my butt as our lips connected to one another's. My lips slightly parted and Alex wasted no time in sliding his tongue in my mouth.

My hands slid down to his biceps as he pecked my lips two times before slowly pulling away with my bottom lip between teeth.

"Damn." He barely whispered.

I blushed and broke our eye contact as I became shy suddenly. "Look." I pointed to the sky as it was a orangish pink color because of the earth tilting.

"Almost as breathtaking as you." Alex grinned as he looked down at me with his bottom lip between his teeth.

My blush from just seconds ago appeared on my face once again. I forced myself out of the somewhat awkward situation by getting in his car.

I closed my eyes and allowed the soft music to flow through my ears for this long car ride back. Car rides at night time with the right music is everything.

Something so simple to many, but so amazing to me.

"Wake up." Alex's raspy voice whispered as he lightly shook me. "We're here Majesty, wake up babygirl."

My eyes slowly fluttered open, coming face to face to my apartment building.

"I don't feel like moving." I muttered and closed my eyes once again.

I began to dose off to sleep once again until I felt my body being scooped up. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes once again.

I got about two minutes of sleep until I was rudely awoken and placed on my feet.

"Where's your key?"

I mumbled inaudible words before nearly falling on the ground. Instead of hitting the ground, I felt his chest. One of Alex's hand slipped in one of my large pockets. My eyes immediately popped open, only to realize he was searching for my keys that were now between his fingers.

Alex picked me up once he managed to get the door open. I wrapped my legs around his waist and laid my head on his shoulder as he shuffled around Ford. My eyes slowly shut as he laid me down on my bed.

"Goodnight Majesty." He mumbled while kissing my forehead.

"Wait." I mumbled sleepily and held my arms up. "Can you take my clothes off?"

"Your c-clothes?"

"Mhm." I nodded with my eyes still shut.

I felt his shaking hands pull my jacket off before he got to my shoes then jumpsuit. Alex hands eventually stopped shaking as he made it to my spaghetti straps. His cold hands brushed against my skin as he pulled the jumpsuit off of my body.

Goosebumps covered my body as I was now only in a bra and panties.

Alex put my legs under the blankets before tucking me in tightly. I snuggled my face into my soft pillow as I felt myself in and out of sleep.

"Goodnight Majesty." Alex spoke softly as my bedroom door creaked.

I mumbled something that he probably couldn't understand.

As soon as I heard my bedroom door close quietly, I was out like a light.

• • •

Aww, they went on a date. 🤗

Thoughts?

Second day of school and I'm already done. Fml. Anyways, how was y'all day?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 8.6K 39
❝THEY SAY EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON AND PEOPLE CHANGE LIKE THE SEASONS.❞ - BOOK 1
3.3M 120K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
36.3K 1.1K 26
(read Is This Love first) Waves don't die Let me crash here for the moment I don't need to own it No lie Waves don't die, baby Let me crash here for...
3.7M 129K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...