Fighting For Life (published)

By KylieAlyssa

Aubry Hill is a quiet girl with a scary past and even scarier future. Aiden Clark is a guy who is pissed off... More

Little girl
Get out
The Underground
Plan
Hurt
Maybe I can see that bitch get knocked on her ass- Aiden's POV
Biceps
Before I change my mind- Aiden's POV
Truth
Wanna spar?- Aiden's POV
I forgot where I was
Long day- Aiden's POV
This Is Going To Be A Long Day
Done
Livid
Hulk super smash angry- Aiden's POV
Act
My life is a joke
Emotionally drained- Aiden's POV
Are we friends?- Aiden's POV
We're not together
Miserable dinner -Aiden's POV
Wear something flattering
She's with me -Aiden's POV
Hope on the back burner
Tired of living
Every scar has a story
Can't get close -Aiden's POV
Suffocating
Distance -Aiden's POV
You know...
Hope- Aiden's POV
Nice to have a friend
The sleepiest girl ever -Aiden's POV
We're taking it easy today
Aiden's girlfriend
Friend -Aiden's POV
The Best Christmas
You got yourself a good one - Aiden's POV
The ugly duckling
Weirdo -Aiden's POV
What are you thinking about?
Calm Down -Aiden's POV
Get away
Who Hurt You? -Aiden's POV
Please Let Her Be Okay -Aiden's POV
Plot Twist
Free book!
FREE book
Ready, set, launch!
We're live!
Future Works
Know you -Aiden's POV (bonus chapter)
Mother of the year -Aubry's POV (Bonus Chapter)
FREE BOOK! 8/12/23
FREE BOOK 10/30/23

Now that we're friends

169K 5.5K 2K
By KylieAlyssa

Aubry's POV-

I woke up to a warmth I had never woken up to before. The hard bench wasn't the thing underneath my head like had I expected, it was warm and soft. I still hadn't opened my eyes yet, I wanted to let the warmth and softness sink in a little bit longer. I didn't want to deal with anything yet.

Suddenly, the memories of the night before flashed through my head. Abruptly, my eyes shot open. However, I was slightly blinded by the beginning of the sun's light of the day. With the sun just rising over the horizon, that meant that it was still quite early in the morning. I was surprised, that meant that I had to have gotten the most sleep that I had gotten in such a long time. I almost felt refreshed... almost.

I turned towards Aiden and took in his appearance and position. I was laid across his lap and his arm was thrown around my waist protectively. The top half of his body was laid to his right and twisted awkwardly. He didn't look comfortable at all.

His hair was messy and out of place, the thin layer of dew on his skin made him look like he was glowing, and the fact that he didn't have his jacket on made him look cold due to the chilly weather. I soon realized the weight on me and my warmth was due to his big jacket being draped across me. I quickly sat up and pulled the jacket off of me. My sudden movements must have jolted him awake because his eyes shot open and he sat up abruptly looking around for danger instinctively. I held his jacket out towards him when he finally got his bearings back from getting woken up so abruptly.

"Sorry for waking you..." I sputtered out hastily, embarrassed.

He half smiled and shook his head at me, "it's not a problem... we probably should have woken up anyways. It's almost time to go to the gym." He paused and cleared his throat, "you keep it, I'm not very cold. You need it more than I do..." He gestured at my shivering. "Just give it to me at the gym, later."

He got up and stretched as he fished his phone out of his pocket. "Dang, it's seven-fifteen already!" He sighed and glanced at me. "I've got to get going. I'll see you at the gym at eight, yeah?"

I stayed in my place and nodded my answer to him.

"Great," he then walked off leaving me to my thoughts on the bench.

I stayed on the bench for a while, thinking about the surprising turn of events the night before. I was pretty baffled, especially since he had been so against me being his friend in the first place. Perhaps he felt the same pull that I had...

After a few more minutes of thinking, I finally got up and started walking to the gym. I was still kind of dazed. It was a quiet morning in town, not too many people were on the streets. It was making me uncomfortable as I began thinking of what happened last time I was on a not so busy street. I quickened my pace accordingly and made it to the gym before everyone else, just like usual.

Tommy showed up soon and unlocked the door for to let me in. As soon as the doors were unlocked, more people began filing into the gym. I made my way back to the trainer's room to ice my ribs and wait on Aiden.

Just as I was beginning to take off Aiden's jacket, the door opened and in walked Brandon, Tommy, Aiden and a girl I recognized as Sofia. The girl was cradling her hand as if it was about to fall off. I didn't know the girl, but the way she was looking at me reminded me of Bridget. Aiden gave her a bag of ice simply and dismissed her easily.

"Shouldn't I maybe stay in here? Let my hand rest a little bit?" She whined, Aiden looked at her hand once more.

"Nah, it looks like you barely hit it. You'll be fine in a few minutes," he said motioning towards the door.

She turned to me and sneered when Aiden dismissed her. She then walked out of the door defeatedly. I couldn't help but to smile triumphantly at her for being a bitch.

I took Aiden's jacket all the way off once she closed the door. I could feel that everyone in the room had their eyes on me. I suddenly felt very self-conscious due to their stares as I turned my back to them.

"What?" I asked shortly while looking around.

"So now we know who you ditched us for last night." Brandon said with a sly grin. "If you wanted to get laid, you could have just told us and we would've understood." He added with a shrug.

I turned toward them, not completely understanding what they were talking about.

"Brandon, it's none of your business." Aiden stated quickly giving him a stern look and an eyeroll.

"So Aubry, how was it?" Brandon asked with a goofy smile and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Wh-what?" I asked as he put his arm playfully around me.

"Brandon, shut up!" Aiden yelled at him pushing his arm off of me with a huff. "Aubry and I didn't sleep together. Now, that's enough."

I shifted uncomfortably, Brandon didn't look like he believed him so I chimed in, "um we actually ran into each other while walking after a particularly bad night for both of us, ya know... shitty thanksgiving and all. Then we both just came and worked out together for a bit... When we were done, Aiden lent me his jacket because I forgot my big one at home in the haste of escaping my crazy family. That's pretty much it... nothing else is going on between us."

Aiden looked at Brandon with an 'I told you so' look and nodded at me. "Yeah, that's it. Nothing scandalous or anything. I swear, B, you're than a female about gossip."

We all laughed along with his words, even B. Though, he did seem to catch the noticeable difference in mine and Aiden's interactions that day.

Aiden was a lot nicer that day. Though he was still abrupt and uncouth, he was respectful and more patient. He was still a very good teacher though.

He explained to me the game plan for meeting with Trey, the Underground's owner, the next day. It was supposed to be just a simple little meeting just introducing me to him, so he would schedule the fight for the next day. He was explaining all of that to me. The man seemed pretty volatile. However, I needed to know what I was up against so I was glad that he wasn't sugar coating it.

Once I was loose and ready, Aiden called us ready for the sparring match.

I walked up to the mats and did a quick once over of the men that were standing before me. I was both nervous and excited at the prospect of fighting the large men. Nervous because pretty much all of them were giant and scary looking. However, Daniel was at least twice each of their size, so I wasn't too intimidated by them. I was excited because I believed that I could beat them, I wanted to. I knew that I could. They were elite, but I was desperate. I believed that my desperateness could beat their bulk.

As soon as Aiden explained that I was going to be their opponent, they laughed. That irritated me and I let myself get angry at their dismissal. I was better when I was angry.

The first one stepped forward and scoffed. "This is who I'm fighting?" He asked.

Aiden nodded and backed off the mats. "Fight!" He yelled with a smirk.

However, the boy was still looking around making fun of me. With him distracted, I quickly went towards him and nailed him right in the jaw. His head snapped to the side and I punched again before he could get his bearings back. He stumbled back and I kicked out making him gasp when I came into contact with his stomach. With the air knocked out of him, he tried to punch out to me, but I weaved to the side due to his slow lacked-oxygen sloppy punch. Once I weaved, I punched again. Though, he dodged it, I turned and did sent a powerful kick right to his chest. He fell and clutched at his chest for air. He didn't get back up as he tried to breathe.

I smirked in triumph.

That was pretty much how the other two fights went. However, the fourth one, my last one, was long and grueling. We were pretty much evenly matched, but in completely different ways. He was big and strong while I was small and quick. I ended up having the advantage because I was so small and quick. He eventually got worn out by me and I was able to lay one ending punch to his mouth making him fall to the ground and pant in defeat.

I smirked proudly at the guys who underestimated me. I had a long way to go, but I was doing good... and that felt good.

After the fights I went and showered. Due to the holiday, they were closing early, just like how they opened early. It was barely five, but every one was beat from working out all day... especially me. I was so tired and so very hungry.

"Aubry?" Aiden asked hesitantly. I turned to him as I was doing my make up. "Now that we're um, friends... would you like to come to my house for dinner tonight? We're having spaghetti and my mom always makes way too much." Aiden asked.

My eyes went wide in panic, but my mouth watered with the prospect of food. I had never ever met anyone else's parents before... not in that way at least. I had never had friends before and the thought of meeting someone's family was terrifying to me. I mean, even the people who were supposed to love me, hated me. I couldn't fathom people who didn't need to have anything to do with me liking me.

Aiden must have sensed my uneasiness and added, "Brandon and tom are going to be there as well... I just thought that maybe it'd be nice, but if you don't want to..."

"Spaghetti, you say?" I said with a smile at his nervousness. "Spaghetti is my favorite! Yes, I'd like to come to dinner with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 1.9K 40
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪 𝘥𝘪𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮" Alesia amor has been antisocial since the b...
11.8K 479 22
After getting into college, Cassie has no intentions of going back to her old habit of street fighting- but as the streets of her hometown would have...
609K 32.1K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...
4.3M 99.7K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...