lukey

By StarbucksSophie

where two people fall for eachother, even if they are 18 years apart {book one of the fangirl series} More

Prologue/ Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

chapter 8

24 1 2
By StarbucksSophie

Jess pov

"So you're pregnant?" 

I awkwardly sip on the straw in my drink, unable to reply with a simple "yes."

Hannah's eyes widen. We were hanging out at a cafe nearby Calums house, and we were in a booth, Hannah sitting comfortably on her boyfriends lap. 

"Oh god, Jess. That's so...so naughty!" 

I groan, its not like I haven't heard that one before. Calum doesn't give off much of a reaction, which I don't know whether it's a good or a bad thing. Good that he doesn't make me feel like a collosal mess up, but bad that he could have expected that of me.

"I don't know what to do guys. I think I'm going to put the baby up for adoption." I finally announce whats been going on in my mind.

Hannah gasps, and Calum stares at me as if I were an alien.

"What? N-no, you have to keep it!" calum splutters, slightly pushing Hannah off her. He leans against the table and stares at me deply.

"Look, Jess. I was adopted, and I felt like my real parents didnt care at all. It was stuoid because they must have a good reason as to why they put me up for adoption, but its just really shit ya know? Please, don't do that."

"What else am I going to do Calum?" I cry desprately, "I have no other options."

"Yes you do!" Hannah relatiates. "You can keep it and raise it as your own child. Or, or you could just do one of those things where one of the parents leave the baby with the other and run, so the other parent is forced into looking after it!" You would think that was a joke, but the way she looked at me showed that it actually wasn't.

"I can't do that, Han! How on earth - what world are you living on where that's an acceptable thing to do?"

"And adoptions acceptable? At least with that they will know one parent. Double standards much." I groan at his comment, and get up.

"You know what? I don't have to hear this- especially from you two!" And with that I stormed out. I'm so angry. How dare they think they know what's best for me and my baby? It is in my stomach so I have complete permission to do whatever I want with it.

Though if I was going to be so pissy about it why did I tell them? Ugh, pregnancy hormones are already controlling me.  Checking the clock in a nearby shop, 5:30, I think it's best that I come home now. They don't know where I am, in fact I didn't even tell them that I'll leave, so they will be pretty confused and worried. I do feel bad on my behalf, but I had to get out of there. If Luke was being so romantic with his girlfriend I couldn't bare it.  I turn the right corner into the alleyway, where a bunch of teenagers were hanging out. Warily, I walk past them, hoping to not get caught. It is quite late, and in England you never know whether they will attack. I just about made it, until a girl pulls at my shoulder.

"Well, lookie here," the girl snarls, "You look like you're going to give us money."

My heart pounding at 100 beats per minute, I fish through my jeans and cardigan pockets. "Uh, yeah, sure." I only have £10, so I hope this is enough. When I give it to her, though, she eyes up my ring. My mothers ring. When I was 16, Michael and I had been searching through our family box when we found my mothers favourite ring. She used to wear it all the time.

"Give me your ring." she orders, nodding towards it. I wrap my hand around my finger defensively.

"Please, can I just get passed?" I whisper in distress. "I'm pregnant, and this is my mums ring she always wore before she died. Just - please."

I didn't get away with it.

-

I sneak into the house, well try to. My head and my right leg hurt, but she and her evil ass friends made sure they didn't hit my stomach. How lovely of them. I look sadly at my now naked finger and blink away a mixture of upset and pain filled tears. When they finished, I couldn't move.  I was frozen in shock and agony. 

"Holy shit." Looking up, Luke is examining my face. Without barely trying to control it, I burst into tears. He makes it to me before my knees buckle and he catches me when I fall to the ground. I let out a blood curdling scream and he holds onto me because thats what I need.

We, well Luke sits there in silence, whilst I sob into his shirt. 

"Who did this?" He whispers calmly, brushing his thumb over my tear stained cheeks. I don't reply, because I have no idea.

"Come on, Jess, talk to me. Who did it."

"Just these people. I have no idea who they are and they-" a sob gets caught in my throat, "they took my mums ring. That's why they beat me up, Luke, I wouldn't give it to them. But, they got it." We both look down at my finger where the ring used to be, which was cut and scratched at.

"Jesus, Jess." My dad comes running in, breathless. He's only wearing his boxer shorts, which frankly was strange.

"I was, uhm, I heard a noise." His features harden. "Who hit you, I'm gonna kick their ass."

I'm about to reply when I realise that I screamed over 20 minutes ago.

"Wait, why are you just coming here?" Luke closes his eyes, as if he knew why it took him so long to come over. My eyes wander over to my dad and I finally adjust to his appearence. Not wearing much, his hair dishevelled, and his lips swollen...Damn.

"So you just had a quick one before you went downstairs to your screaming daughter?" I can't believe this. Stupid me, for thinking that he had changed. He's still the sick and rubbish dad he always is.

I get up away from Lukes hold and angrily walk up to my dad and push him.

"Thats what you were doing right dad?" I push him again, without any luck though as his feet stay firmly glued onto the floor. 

I bitterly laugh and stare up menacingly at my dad. "You know, my babys dad is going to be absent and yet he will still be a better father than you," I spit. Shooting him one last nasty glare, I storm off up to my bedroom.  

Nobody comes up for me.

-

With a sigh, I turn on my shower. The water runs down my back as I just stand there. My baby bump, I've realised, is small for where I am at the pregnancy, but at two months it shouldn't be too large. I only take a couple of minutes to wash my hair and clean, before turning the shower off and grabbing the warm fluffy towel  from the towel rack and wrapping it around me. I bob my head casually to teenagers by  My Chemical Romance as I get my other towel and start drying my wet hair. Because of what happened today, I completely miss out on my face cleansing session. The last thing I would want to do is to see my purple face. So blindly I add some foundation to the purple patches, just enough so that I could do it near a mirror. Once I was happy with that I left my en suite and went into my room. Luke is just casually sitting on my bed, and I jump, because I had no idea he was creepily in my room.

"Luke." I wrap the towel around my body tighter. He gets up, and backs me into a corner. With his two arms, he cages me and I can feel my heart begin to rapidly beat.

"I broke up with Nicole." A grin reaches to his face and he latches his lips onto my neck. "That means I can do this now."

Uh oh.

"Luke, are you sure?" I say, rather breathlessly. He kisses me frantically.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure."  I laugh, and he pushes me untilI fall onto the bed. He climbs above me and attacks his lips with mine.

"Wait, wait." I whisper, as his hands run up and down my arms. "What about everyone else?"

"They're out." And those are the only two words I need to hear before he takes off my towel.

-

"Luke?" 

"Yup." I look up at him and smile. "Please can you get me some marmite later? Sorry, its the cravings." 

"Course I will."  With a sheet wrapped around me, he pulls me closer to him. The smell of his shampoo and conditioner makes me feel so calm and relaxed. I haven't felt like this before. Even though I've only been with one other person this time was so much different. With Frankie, it was just lust. But with Luke, I felt connected to him. It's a strange feeling, yet I knew that it would feel like that with him. 

Whilst I'm snuggling up to Luke, we can hear someones car pull up. Luke jumps up instantly and kisses me quickly on my mouth.

"Love you." I smile at that, and say the same to him. Thankfully he closes the door so theres no danger in anyone coming in. Still, I get dressed and have enough time to make up my bed before someone knocks at my door.

"Jess, can I come in?" my dad asks. I didn't want to see him, so I don't reply. I can hear that he slouches against the door, and exhales.

"Okay, you probably aren't going to let me in and I can't force my way in, so I'll talk from here. What I did was bad. But I really like her Jess, we are so simular and I get on with her really well. I didn't go straight away because I thought there must be someone down there to help you. Luckily there was, otherwise I would never be able to forgive myself..."

"But there was a strong possibility that it would be the case. You knew that they all had left, and nobody except you and your...your - skank, were the only ones here."

Dad folds his arms. "Don't you dare call her that."

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have been such a terrible parent-" Without warning, my dad slaps me. Not hard, but hard enough for it to hurt- especially when I litterally got jumped two hours ago. It's like you could hear our hearts race, the room was deathly silent. I stare up at my dad, my eyes slowly filling up with tears. He looks as though he is in pure shock; like the action hadn't even computed in  his mind before he did it. Dad doesn't even apoligise, but runs out of the room. Luke rushes in to see me fall back onto my bed, holding my face. Very slowly I move into a fetal position and just burst out crying.

"Oh oh God," I cry, rubbing the cheek that dad's hand stuck. My dad. Instead of comforting me, Luke rolls up his sleeves.

"I'm going to kill Ashton," Luke announces angrily. He has this look in his eyes that I've never seen before. Pure hatred. I never thought that this would ever be directed towards my dad because they are such good friends. I wish that  I could help Luke, and tell him that I was okay, but obviously I wasn't. The pain I've endured tonight alone is already traumatic enough, and havin Luke beat up my dad would make it worse... or better. It's difficult. Finally, I gather up enough strength to sit myself up.

"Luke, please," I whisper, "just stay here with me. Please." Luke looks at me and sighs. He reaches up to my now red cheek and strokes it tenderly. I close my eyes, otherwise this affection would be too overwhelming for me and I will start crying.

"Thank you Luke." My eyes open, and I see Luke lovingly looking at me. He twists around in embarrasement, I giggle and turn him back to face me. Without warning, he kisses me, and the same feeling as being high gets to me again. Usually these kisses only happen in movies, but now I am experiencing them for the furst time and I don't ever want this to stop. To be fair, I would be so naive if this was to go on forever, seeing as our age is our most likely reason why this relationship will fail. Also, he's known my dad over 20 years now and this could be like betrayal to my dad... Who cares though? Not only has he spent my 17 years on this earth ignoring me, less than 24 hours later after he apoligised he slaps me. 

No, I shouldn't care about his opinions on me and Luke. Right now, I'm certainly sure he doesn't either. 

"I'm going to close the door," Luke smirks, getting up. I'm sure this isn't good for pregnant women.

{Word count: 2227 words}

I know this isn't much, but I want to finish this and go onto Cals! Ps, I haven't checked spelling, sorry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 1.3K 36
In which a girl falls for her stepbrother's best friend who she wasn't allowed to fall for. [in editing]
10.4K 302 33
in which a regular every day girl talks to a famous celebrity online and falls in love. book 1 in the social media series