Nothing Lasts Forever

By RockofAges

Two years have gone by, life was going great for the couple until something happened that no one could of pre... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen (Short)
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Finale

Chapter Thirty-One

7.9K 447 75
By RockofAges

 K A S H M E R E

Our flight was at ten so after only a few hours of sleep I had to get up, get dressed and as I did August took me and Kaliyah's bags to his truck. He was going to drive us to the airport but before that we still had to pick up Kaliyah and his mom from her house.

I was in no mood to be cute so after my shower I threw on some sweat pants and a t-shirt and some sneakers. I made sure I locked up everything and then me and August headed down in the elevator to his truck. He called his mom to tell her that we were on the way.

"What's wrong with you," he asked me when he got off the phone as if he didn't already know.

"I'm exhausted and sore thanks to you."

He smirked as if he found what I said funny but I didn't think it was funny at all. If I wasn't pregnant before last night than I'm sure I was now.

As soon as we got in his truck I climbed in the passenger seat, got comfortable and dozed off. Next thing I know I was being shaken awake by August.

"What," I asked him annoyed that he had woken me up.

"We here," he told me and I looked out of the window and indeed we were at his moms house. I unbuckled my seat belt.

"Before you get out the car you might want to get that drool off your face," he pointed to my mouth.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes at him, "I don't drool," I rolled my eyes at him but wiped my mouth with the back of my hand just to be sure. After checking my face I got out of the car and was greeted my Kaliyah coming down the steps with a big smile on her face and her backpack on her back.

"Hi mommy."

"Hi baby."

I kissed her cheek and then helped her get into the car. August came out of the house carrying his moms bag and she came out soon after.

When she got to the car I greeted her and covered my mouth to yawn immediately after.

"Long night," she asked with a smile and with the look on her face it seemed like she knew exactly why I was so exhausted.

"I'm fine," I told her. I got in the back next to Kaliyah and let her ride up front with August. During the ride to the airport I let Kaliyah talk my ear off. This was going to be her first time on an airplane and unlike my first time getting on a plane she was looking forward to it.

After doing everything we needed to do we sat down in the boarding area. Kaliyah was sitting next to August and they were talking and laughing about whatever while I watched them. I knew this day was coming and that didn't mean that I was ready.

I was sitting next to Ms. Sheila but I didn't realize she was talking to me because I was zoned out until she nudge my shoulder.

"Are you okay," she asked looking at me with concern written all over her face.

"I'm fine," I nodded, "Just tired."

"I bet," she smiled and another yawn came through and this time I used my hand to cover my mouth before I could lower it back she had snatched my hand and was admiring my ring. She looked at me and then glanced over at August before looking back at me.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Were engaged."

"Again?"

"Yes," I smiled looking down at my ring. It was different then my old ring, the old one was more modern

but this one had a way more classier feel. It wasn't to flashy which wasn't my style, it was just right.

"Congratulations. Maybe you two can get it right this time," she looked over at August and her statement caught his attention, "And get to walk down the aisle this time."

"That's the plan," he told his mom looking at me an I agreed with him, "The sooner the better."

"I guess in that case then when we come back we can start planning," I told her.

"Who has to wait that long," she stood up from her seat, "I saw a magazine shop not to far from here."

Before we could tell her anything she got up and walked up. I was happy that she was going to be helping me out with this wedding because I didn't know a thing about planning a wedding.

"Are you excited that mommy is going to be daddy's wife," August asked Kaliyah but was looking at me.

"But I thought you were already daddy's wife. That's what he calls you when hes on the phone to uncle Trey."

I smiled at this bit of information as August further explained it to her.

"I call her that yes but after the wedding she will really be my wife."

"And daddy will be your husband," she looked at me.

"Yes he will. When we come back from our trip were going to have the wedding and then mommy and daddy will be married and living together."

"In one house together?"

"Yeah and were going to live in a house to. A big house like grandma's."

"A house," she smiled, "That means we can have a backyard and I can play back there?"

"Yes and we'll have a lot more space to do lots of things."

She was excited about the news and I was glad. We made small talk and when Ms. Sheila came back she had about four magazines all wedding related. She didn't even get a chance to sit down before the announcer came on announcing it was time for us to board our plane.

We all stood up and I was last because I was procrastinating. Kaliyah who was excited hugged her dad with a big smile on her face because she was oblivious to what was going on. Next he hugged and said goodbye to his mom and she kissed him on the cheek and then it was my turn. Instead of waiting for me to walk the short distance to him he closed the distance between us and wrapped his arms around me.

We stood wrapped in each others arms for what felt like hours but in reality was only probably a minute. I didn't want to let go but I had to so after they announced that our flight was boarding again I pulled away from him.

"Stop pouting."

"I'm not pouting," I told him but I probably was.

"I love you," he smiled at me.

"I love you too," I smiled back at him. He leaned in and kissed me and hugged me again and after we pulled away this time we boarded the plane and as we all waved goodbye to him I only hoped that we wouldn't be away from each other to long.

-

After the first flight to California, August had hired a private plane service to fly us to Jamaica. When we got to the airport we were met by a driver who took us to the house we would be staying at while we were here. When we got to the house I pulled out the keys that August gave me the day before and inside of a truck stepped out two huge linebacker sized guys.

I was immediately on edge until I realized that they were hired by August as our security, just as a precaution. They weren't serious and uptight, they were down to earth and nice but I could tell that if anything went down we could depend on on them. But I honestly thought they we were going to be good. We arrived late at night so after checking in with August and eating some dinner we all went to bed.

The next morning after getting up I woke up later than I thought I would. Ms. Sheila already got Kaliyah up for the day so I got myself ready for the day. Now that it was daylight outside I got a chance to better explore the house. The house looked like something out of a magazine and the backyard was had a pool, jacuzzi and a small beach house. After exploring the house I figured August went all out because he wanted us to enjoy ourselves and relax but I couldn't. Not until I knew that all of this was over.

After spending a day in the pool with Kaliyah and Ms. Sheila we all planned to go out to dinner tonight and do some exploring. After taking a shower I went through Kaliyah's suitcase to pick her out an outfit and found a large envelope in one of the front slots with my name on it.

From the writing I immediately knew that it belonged to August and wondered why if the envelope was for me did how did it end up in Kaliyah's bag. I sat on her bed and dumped out the contents. The first thing that caught my attention was a letter that he had hand wrote and for some reason I just knew that I wasn't going to like whatever I was about to read.

He started off by saying that he put the envelope in Kaliyah's bag so I wouldn't find it so quickly. The net thing he wrote was tell me that the plan to move on Mace was in two days. He hoped that Mace wouldn't be a problem anymore but the next thing I read set me on edge. He went on by saying that he didn't know what might happen but he wanted me, Kaliyah and his mom to be taken care of. He told me if things went bad then to get in contact with his lawyer who had further instructions on what to do if he didn't make it. He ended the letter on a somber note telling me how much he loved me and Kaliyah.

Once I was done reading the letter I sat on the bed in a state of shock. I didn't understand how he could do this to me. Propose to me and talk about getting married as soon as possible when he knew that there was a possibility that he wouldn't be here.

I didn't' waste any time grabbing my cell phone and calling him but I only felt worse when there was no answer. I called back to back but there was still no answer. By this point I was in a slight panic. After I calmed myself down I realized exactly what it was I needed to do. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 2 30
Two years later and everything is going well for our friends, but there are some unexpected twists on the way. Yes, everything is still unexpected. T...
1.9K 58 38
Some surprises can change your life forever. That's what happened to Chey and Hannah
454K 23.3K 38
A year and a half later August and Kashmere are still together. Nothing and no one can come between the love that they have for one another. They say...
13 0 12
It was difficult to put her past behind her. All the pain, anger, and betrayal. Kathryn felt she was on the right track. That was until someone from...