In Love With The Game || Core...

By mialuvlyy

"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger... More

Chapter 1 : My Home
Chapter 2 : Left and Right
Chapter 3 : Ruin Me
Chapter 4 : Worst Things
Chapter 5 : Sibling Love
Chapter 6 : Liberty
Chapter 7 : Deserve
Soundtrack
Chapter 8 : Kiss and Tell
Chapter 9 : Cute
Chapter 10 : Little Sister
Chapter 11 : How Do I Dress For A Date
Chapter 12 : Truly Falling
Chapter 13 : Movie Night
Chapter 14 : Sick
Chapter 15 : Kill Me
Chapter 16 : Family Reunions
Chapter 17 : Use Me
Chapter 18 : Unbelievable
Chapter 19 : You Don't Know
Chapter 20 : How Hurt
Chapter 21 : Fake
Chapter 22 : First Day
Chapter 23 : Dead Meat
Chapter 24 : The Boys
Chapter 25 : Ederson
Chapter 26 : Closer
Chapter 28 : She's Perfect
Chapter 29 : OTP
Chapter 30 : What Did You Do
Chapter 31 : Say Goodbye
Chapter 32 : Danger In A Coffee Shop
Chapter 33 : Make My Day
Chapter 34 : Can't You See
Chapter 35 : The Worst
Chapter 36 : Yelich?
Chapter 37 : Mixed With Hate
Chapter 38 : Elevators
Chapter 39 : Therapy
Chapter 40 : Love, Corey
Chapter 41 : Seager Smooth
Chapter 42 : Prove Yourself
Chapter 43 : I'm In Love With You
Chapter 44 : What You've Done To Me
Chapter 45 : Marriage?
Chapter 46 : Blues
Chapter 47 : Close Strings
Chapter 48: Brother
Chapter 49 : You Just Don't Know
Chapter 50 : Beautiful Death
Chapter 51 : Letting Go
Chapter 52 : Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 53 : There She Goes
Chapter 54 : Stronger Without Him
Chapter 55 : I Lost Her
Chapter 56 : Rethink
Chapter 57 : Back In Time
Chapter 58 : Needed You
Chapter 59 : Changed Woman
Chapter 60 : Last Night
Chapter 61 : The Rock
Chapter 62 : Gas Pedal
Chapter 63 : Sound
Chapter 64 : Not So Loyal Corey
Chapter 65 : Let Me Go
Chapter 66 : Running Back
Chapter 67 : The Party Love Pt. 1
Chapter 68 : The Party Love Pt. 2
Chapter 69 : Mothers and Fathers
Chapter 70 : Gone
Chapter 71 : This Is It

Chapter 27 : Million Dollar Smile

2.6K 35 4
By mialuvlyy

"Come on Julia!" Joc yells. I run downstairs and grab my purse before running outside. "Finally." Joc says as I slide into the passenger seat. I roll my eyes and turn to Corey who sits in the drivers seat.

"Hi." I say leaning over to him for a kiss. Trayce gets into the car after locking the house. "We're good to go." He says. Corey nods and pulls out the driveway.

"What time do you guys have to be there?" I ask looking at the time and seeing that it's two AM. "We have to be there at least by 12." Corey says. I nod and smile as Corey places his hand on my thigh.

I turn to him and he smiles. "You two realize you have company back here." Joc says. I turn to him and he smiles. "Get used to it buddy." I say before turning back around to make the music louder. "Oh god this is going to be a long ride." Joc groans.

I smile and place my hand on Corey's hand before looking out the window.

~*~
Two hours later we took our first stop. We walk into a McDonalds and order our food and use the bathroom. We all walk back to the car since we decided to eat on the way.

I get into the car and someone pops up outside my window. I turn and see Kiké, Chase, and Charlie. They all smile and Corey laughs at my reaction. I roll my window down, "What the hell Kiké." I say placing my hand over my heart to feel it racing.

Kiké smiles and I look over to Chase and Charlie. "Hello." I say. "Hi Julia." They both say. "What are you guys doing here?" I ask. "Well Chase needed a bathroom break so we stopped." Charlie says pointing at Chase.

"You guys were driving together?" Corey asks. They nod and Corey raises his eyebrows surprised. "We're gonna be late." Chase says. Kiké nods and checks his watch. "Let's go out for dinner tonight." Kiké says. "Actually, Julia and I are going on a date." Corey says leaning over me. "You two have fun." Kiké says smirking before heading to the backseat window to talk to the single men; Joc and Trayce.

They both agree to dinner and then we get back on the road. "So where are you guys going to dinner?" Trayce asks. "It's a surprise." I say. "Corey?" Trayce asks. "Julia is planning it this time, not me." Corey says.

"Oh wow, good luck. Julia isn't good with surprises." Joc says. "Lies! I am very good with them." I say. "Sure you are, I'm warning you Corey. Protect yourself at all costs." Joc says.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Corey and I say at the same time. "Your just jealous because I am very good at surprises." I say. "And what makes you think that?" Joc asks. I turn around in my seat and look at him. "Because I happen to always surprise you with birthday parties every year." I say.

Joc stares at me before placing his hand under his chin as if he was thinking. "You got a point there." He says nodding. "Exactly so shut it." I say before turning in my seat.

Joc chuckles and I smile.

~*~

We finally get to Arizona and as soon as we do we check into our hotel rooms. "So rooms are Corey and Chase, Trayce and Joc, Charlie and Kiké, and Julia and Marley." Clayton says walking to us. "Marley?" I ask raising an eyebrow. Clayton nods and I stare at him waiting for him to tell me it's all a joke.

"That will not do." I say. "I tried my best to ask for someone new." Clayton says. I sigh before putting my hands in the palm of my hands. "You can stay in our room." Kiké says pointing to Charlie and himself. "Same here." Chase says.

"No it's fine." I say. "No it's not, stay in our room." Corey says. "It's fine Corey. I can protect myself if she tries to harm me again and I'm sure I can go a whole night without speaking to her." I say. "Well if you have any problems you can always come to one of our rooms." Joc says motioning to everyone.

They all agree and Clayton looks at me nervously as he heads me my key. "Good luck J." He says. "I'll do my best." I say grabbing the key from his hand. Clayton smiles and Corey and I head to the elevators to get ready for tonight.

~*~

I walk into the hotel room and see Marley on the couch eating. She turns to me and raises her eyebrows. "I'm surprised you didn't request a new roommate." She says.

"Trust me I tried." I say before heading into one of the rooms. I shut the door and lock it before walking to the bathroom to get ready.

When I was finished getting dressed I walk out my room and see Marley not on the couch anymore. I leave the room and see Corey standing there with flowers in his hands. "Hey." He says smiling. "Hi." I say leaning up to kiss him.

Corey looks down at my outfit before staring at me. "You aren't going out like that." He says. "And why is that?" I ask. "Because boys are going to be looking at you." He says. I chuckle and Corey puts his serious face on. "Why don't you just scare them away with your bad boy face your using on me right now." I say.

Corey thinks for awhile and stares at my outfit. "Deal." He says grabbing ahold of my hand. "By the way you look beautiful." He says. I smile and look at his outfit. He wore jeans, a white shirt, and a tuxedo jacket. "You look handsome like always." I say. Corey smiles and lifts my hand to plant a kiss on it.

I blush and Corey grins before stepping onto the elevator. "So where exactly are we going?" Corey asks. "It's a surprise, which means I cannot tell you." I say. "Fair enough." He says nodding. I smile knowing he was so eager to know where we were going.

~*~
We get to our destination and I blind fold Corey as we walk the rest of the way. "What's that noise?" He asks. I smile and forget he couldn't see me. I take off his blind fold and his face lights up. "No way." He says as he sees a helicopter. "Yes way." I say smiling.

Corey smiles in amazement before grabbing my hand. "Ready?" I ask. Corey nods eager and I smile as we walk towards the helicopter and get in.

We were going on a Grand Canyon tour. I smile as Corey puts on the headphones he's given then turns to me to help me with my seatbelt.

His million dollar smile was stuck on his face for the rest of the ride which made me smile. I'd do anything to make him smile.

~*~
After the helicopter tour we get off and Corey pulls me into a hug. "That was incredible, thank you." Corey says before kissing me. "Anything for you." I say smiling. Corey wraps his arm around me. "You aren't cold?" He asks. "Oh I am." I say. "Here." Corey says taking off his jacket.

"Corey it's fine I have a jacket in the car." I say shaking my head. "Yes, but it's a long way to the car." He says pointing out. I blush and Corey lays the jacket around my shoulders then wraps his arm around me.

"You know, I tell you this all the time. But I sure am lucky to have a girl like you." Corey says smiling. I smile and look up to him. "Why me?" I ask. "There's just something about you. I haven't really found out what, but the more I get to know you, the more I love you." He says smiling.

I smile and stop walking to look at him. "You just know all the right words to make me smile don't you?" I ask. "I try." He says pulling me closer to his chest. "You don't have to try, just seeing you makes me smile." I say laying my head on his chest. "I love you Julia." Corey whispers as he kisses the top of my head.

I smile even wider and look up at him. "I love you too."

~*~
The next day I wake up early to get ready for an early game. I walk to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready. I change into some black nike shorts, a Corey Seager shirt, and a random dodger jacket incase I got cold.

I walk out my room and find Marley eating cereal on the couch. She looks up from her bowl to stare at me before returning back to eating.

I walk out the hotel room and start making my way to Corey's room. I knock on the door and a little while later Chase opens the door. "Hey Julia." He says moving aside for me to walk in. "Corey's getting dressed." He says motioning to a bedroom door. I nod and knock on the door. "Come in." Corey yells. I walk in and see Corey standing in the middle of the room with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hey." He says walking over to me to kiss me. "Hi." I say before looking at the bed and seeing different clothing laid out. "What do you think?" He asks. "The blue checkered shirt, black dress pants, the blazer, and dress shoes." I say pointing at everything. "Thank you, you're a life saver." He says grabbing the things and walking to me again to kiss me.

I smile and walk out the room.

"So how was Marley?" Chase asks. "She was okay, didn't bother me." I say. Chase nods and motions to the tv. "You can turn it on if you want." He says as he eats a breakfast sandwich. I nod and sit across from him at the counter.

"How's your wife and children?" I ask. "They're doing really well, thanks for asking." He says smiling. "Of course." I say smiling.

Soon Corey walks out of his room dressed and ready to go. "Hey." Corey says to Chase. Chase nods at him and I check the time. "We should get going." I say pointing at my watch. Corey nods and grabs his backpack before we head out.

~*~
When we get to the field Joc and Trayce were already there. "Hey Julia." Dave says. "Hi." I say smiling. "So I was thinking of batting practice and then we head in for a meeting." He says. "Sounds good." I say nodding. Dave smiles and our photographer Jon walks to us.

"Picture?" He asks. Dave and I nod and smile at the camera. Jon nods and moves along to take other pictures.

I start batting practice and by the time we're finished it was getting close to the game so we all rush into the clubhouse. Dave stands in the middle of the room with someone and we all get seated to listen to what he has to say.

"We have someone new to join our staff team, his name is Myles and he will be helping us with equipment, I suggests you welcome him and say hi." Dave says. Myles smiles at all of us before sitting down.

"Also let's welcome back Julia, even though she wasn't gone for long we can all admit it, we missed her." Dave says smiling. I blush from all the attention and Dave chuckles.

"Playoffs are around the corner and our goal is to make them. We'll be getting more strict around here so don't get surprised if your yelled at." Dave says. Everyone nods and Dave talks about today's game and things the boys need to know.

"Um Julia and Marley are you going to the players girlfriends and wives fundraiser?" Dave asks turning to Marley and I. "I am, but Marley isn't dating anyone on the team." I say pointing to myself.

"Correction, I am." Marley say standing up. Everyone raises their eyebrows and Alex Wood stands up. Everyone stayed quiet and Marley turns to David. "I will be attending." She says nodding.

I turn to Corey and he shrugs not knowing what to say. "Also the All Star game is coming up and we have a few boys who have talent." Dave says. Everyone cheers and I immediately look at Clayton who has a grin on his face.

"We'll be announcing them tomorrow before the game." Dave says nodding. The boys cheer again and we look at the clock to see they needed to warm up their arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 478 34
A vivacious and quirky story revolving around the bond between a talented young baseball player named Trayce Thompson and an unconventional aspiring...
87.4K 872 28
~~Completed~~ You and best friend go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game and you end up bumping into Number 35. Is it a dream?
59.2K 828 49
One sometimes finds what one is not looking for - Alexander Fleming Completed February 25, 2017 ✓
605K 3.5K 7
Keep the ones that heard you , When you never said a word. Nate Segler has spent most of his life in the spotlight. He's knew that baseball was his g...