Young Killers [The 72nd Hunge...

By crazy-fangirls-life

"I don't think I could do this" Meredith cries "You'll be okay, I promise" Answers her Mentor Finnick Odai... More

Characters :)
Chapter 1: the Reaping
Chapter 2: The capitol
chapter 3: The chariot Parade
Chapter 4: interview
chapter 5: Training day
Chapter 6: memories
Chapter 7 : Day 1
Chapter 8: The Snake
Chapter 9: Mercy
Chapter 10: Saved
Chapter 11: Kill or be killed
Chapter 12: Bad dreams
Chapter 13: Swimming
Chaper 14: Hopeless
Chapter 15: fear, Death & Pain
Chapter 16 : the final battle
Chapter 17: The victor
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Silence
Chapter 20: The Victory Tour
Chapter 21: Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever
Chapter 22: the 73rd Hunger Games
Chapter 23: Kill me
Chapter 25: The Little Girl
Chapter 26: The kiss
Chapter 27: The Quarter Quell
Young Killers Book 2
Prologue: Young killer Book 2

Chapter 24: The Letter

301 6 0
By crazy-fangirls-life

Meredith, Finnick, Juniper and the others who worked with the district 4 tributes all wondered what had happened to Serena Atwater after that attack she pulled on Meredith. She hadn't been back at the district four chambers and wasn't at any trainings or interviews, she had just disappeared. Meredith wondered if President Snow had killed her which wouldn't be a surprise if he did but the day of the games she had suddenly reappeared. When all the tributes stood waiting for the countdown, Meredith and Finnick had spotted Serena standing there looking terrified and sick. She was very pale and had scratches all over herself.

  "What do you think happened to her?" Meredith asked Finnick has they watched the game in a public view place with other mentors and capitol people.

  "I don't know, looks like she's been beaten" Finnick answered

  "Beaten yes." Said Juniper who had suddenly arrived and sat next to Finnick and Meredith with a drink in her hands "She has been beaten several times and starved has well. Wasn't fed during the whole time before the games. That's all she deserves anyway, after what she did"

  "No one deserves that!" Spat Meredith

  "Keep your tone down young lady" Juniper said slightly raising her voice

  "Why didn't they just kill her?" Finnick asked

  "Because it wouldn't look good. Of course President Snow wouldn't want Serena's attack to go public and that's exactly what would've happened if she wasn't in the games. People would start asking questions" Juniper explained has she took a sip of her martini.

The countdown what over and the tributes started running towards the cornucopia. Meredith watched Serena Atwater run for the closest bag. She wasn't running fast but was able to get that bag. She ran towards the forest but was pinned down by a district six girl. She threw her knife down at her but missed Serena, who moved away, by inches. The district six girl was then killed by the district 2 boy who had then shot an arrow at Serena who was dead instantly. The boy smirked, took the two bags for the dead tributes and made a run for it. Meredith had covered her eyes had the camera's zoomed in onto the two dead bodies.

  "Well there she goes" Sighed Finnick.

  "What about Salton?" Meredith asked.

She and Finnick looked back up at the screen to see Salton still at the cornucopia trying to get has much stuff has possible. Trying to find the best bag and the best weapons. He looked like a greedy kid at a candy store. He had picked up the crazy looking sword and stared at it with a smirk. A little boy was running away from the cornucopia and Salton ran after him and killed him. He had this creepy smile on his face has he did so. This made Meredith feel so uncomfortable, he looked like some crazy killer who enjoyed death. He then ran into the woods followed by a girl in district 1 who seemed to be in alliance with him.

  "It seems that the Career tributes have separated" Said Cesar Has he and his cohost appeared in a small box on the right side of the television so we could still see the game has they comment.

  "Who know's, either this is a strategy or the Career tributes have not kept their alliance" Said Cesar's cohost

  "Do I have to get Salton sponsors?" Meredith asked Finnick.

  "I don't think you'll really need to help him get any. The capitol's people already seem to like him" Answered Finnick has he looked around.

Many of the colourful haired people pointed at the district 4 boy and many talked about him saying he was a ruthless killer and how much they loved that about him. Meredith didn't understand how these people could be okay with murder which is exactly what these games are. She hated needing to be a mentor and being in the capitol, she would much rater be at home and not watch the games as they just got worse and worse. The Mentor from district 7, Johanna Mason had come to join Finnick and I.

  "Look at this, that stupid girl from my district is already dead. All she know's how to do is cry anyway so what to I care" Johanna said carelessly.

Finnick smirked. "Not everyone is fit to be a victor"

  "Clearly not. I'm going to get a drink, want one?" She asked

  "No thanks" answered Finnick

  "Suit yourself" Johanna said and went to get a drink from the bar.

She then came back with a glass of what seemed to be rum and took a big sip. She looked over at Meredith who watched the games anxiously.

  "Calm down kid, have a drink" Johanna said to Meredith "none of these people are important anyway."

  "I'm only thirteen" Meredith told her

  "Well better start young cause it's going to be a long life" Johanna sighed taking another sip of Rum.

Meredith didn't feel to comfortable being with Johanna and so she walked away and sat down on a stool at the bar and looked down at her feet. A man with long blondish hair came to sit next to Meredith and ordered some vodka. He took the glass and drank all of it in one shot and then ordered another. Meredith looked up and turned her head facing the man who looked at her has well and gave her a big fake smile and then drank up again. It was pretty disgusting how much he drank.

Meredith then remembered what Finnick said about making friends. She knew that maybe making friends with this man wouldn't work or anything but she told herself to at least try and use this had practice for the next time.

"Hello, I'm Meredith" She said to the man.

  "Hello" he answered

  "What's your name?" Meredith asked

  "Wouldn't you like to know" the man smirked and drank.

Meredith sighed and turned away, this was no use, this man wasn't worth it.

  "Haymitch Abernathy" The man said "I saw you in the game's last year, your a pretty lucky lady"

Meredith turned around "not so lucky" 

  "Being a victor isn't has great has it sounds, aint it"

  "What district are you from?"

  "District 12. Only victor"

  "I'm from district four"

  "Oh I know. I know everything about you. Famous for being so young and winning the games. But hated since you won by getting saved all the time"

Meredith didn't answer to that. She just looked down at her feet. She did feel bad about it, how Jack had saved her which most likely caused him to die. Everyday she feels guilty for his death since she finds he deserved to win, not her.

  "Don't worry kid, your alive and that's what counts" he sighed and took a sip of his vodka.

The day went on and Meredith talked a bit more with Haymitch before he left to help the tribute from his district get sponsors. The boy from district 12 was already dead but the girl wasn't. Meredith went back to find Finnick and they went back to their headquarters. It had gotten very late and Meredith got ready for bed but Finnick did not.

  "Where are you going?" Meredith asked him.

  "Out" he answered

  "Out, out where. We were just out" Meredith said

  "I have huh, something to do" Finnick told her hesitantly has he put a small piece of paper that he had in his hand back in his pocket.

Meredith watched him has he left the room and closed the door. She sighed heavily and started to walk towards her room but stopped in front of Finnick's. She was curious about were he was going and she knew snooping was bad but she couldn't help herself. She pushed his door open and walked inside his room. She looked around and it all seemed pretty normal, she walked towards the bed and saw one of his drawers opened. She peeked inside and found letters inside. Meredith wasn't sure if she should pick one up or not but she did anyway. The letter read:

You are amazing Finnick Odair, absolutely passionate. Your touch on me is indescribable. I send you my wishes since you are mine.

It was signed by some name that Meredith did not recognize. The made her feel uneasy since she didn't understand why he was getting letters from this women when he was in love with Annie Cresta who was back home in district four. Meredith put it back inside the drawer guiltily. She wasn't to sure what that letter meant. She wondered if the other letters were from the same person but she felt to guilty to read another one. She left Finnick's room and carefully closed the door and went into her room. She laid on her bed and closed her eyes thinking about whether she should ask Finnick about the letters or not. It would probably be awkward and make Finnick uneasy but she had this burning curiosity in her that made her want to know...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 638 25
'𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉, 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖊, 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝕬𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖓𝖆 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖓𝖔...
2.2K 52 12
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔" It is the 66th Hunger Games when Oceana Fonta...
5.7K 98 13
"One, the Princess of Panem. Extremely dangerous took out sixteen tributes during her Games. Do not underestimate." "How is she a weakness then." "...
354K 7.5K 57
"we were the first." "when people thought we won... we had actually lost." "and i lost a lot." Corde...