My Mate's Choice

By xoxosecretlover

Beatrix found her mate on her 16th birthday. Calvin isn't the perfect guy like every girl would want but that... More

My Mate's Choice
My Mate's Choice 02
My Mate's Choice 03
My Mate's Choice 04
My Mate's Choice 05
My Mate's Choice 06
My Mate's Choice 07
My Mate's Choice 08
My Mate's Choice 09
My Mate's Choice 10
My Mate's Choice 11
My Mate's Choice 12
My Mate's Choice 13
My Mate's Choice 14
My Mate's Choice 15
My Mate's Choice 16
My Mate's Choice 17
My Mate's Choice 18
My Mate's Choice 19
My Mate's Choice 20
My Mate's Choice 21
My Mate's Choice 22
My Mate's Choice 23
My Mate's Choice 24
My Mate's Choice 25
My Mate's Choice 26
My Mate's Choice 27
My Mate's Choice 28
My Mate's Choice 29
My Mate's Choice 30
My Mate's Choice 31
My Mate's Choice 32
My Mate's Choice 33
My Mate's Choice 34
My Mate's Choice 35
My Mate's Choice 36
My Mate's Choice 37
My Mate's Choice 38
My Mate's Choice 39
My Mate's Choice 40
My Mate's Choice 41

My Mate's Choice 01

37.1K 980 142
By xoxosecretlover

Hello everyone! I just wanna let you know that I am writing this story as to mark my one year being on Wattpad <3

Beatrix

"Beatrix, are you up darling?" I heard my mom asked from behind the door.

"Yes Mom, I'm up," I answered her, "Gonna be down in a minute."

I was already up as early as 7 in the morning which was 1 and a half hour before school actually starts. Usually, I'd wake up about 45 minutes before that and just get a refreshing shower and picked anything that would be suitable. But today, I just wanted to be different. I just still got a feeling that I would meet my mate today.

Thus, I decided I should dress up a little for today. I stayed in the bath tub for 30 minutes, trying to have some relaxation feeling with the new rosy body soap that I just bought a few weeks back. Then, I applied a little bit more make up than I usually would. I made my cheeks look flushed and applied a red tinted lip balm on my lips. I then tied a fishtail braid on my light brown hair with a cute little pink bow.

I put on a floral legging with a plain black over-sized sweater. I sprayed my favourite Love Spell from Victoria Secret and took my bag before heading downstairs. I really hope I did look presentable.

I greeted a few mothers I met on my way to the dining table. I lived in the pack house seeing my brother was now the Alpha of The Red Crescent Pack. My brother, Eddie and his mate, Celina took over Mom's and Dad's position because they wanted to retire early.

The pack house were consisting of the Alpha's family which included – the awesome- me and a few other families. Not all of the pack lived in this pack house though. They chose to live by themselves but my Dad had made it clear that they shouldn't live too far away from the pack house in case of emergency or anything that needed immediate attention from the whole pack. I wasn't very close with everyone in the house but I do make good friends with the mothers who always worked in the kitchen and Jean. She was five but she was always with me. Sometimes I would make a little mess on her face with my make up or even played Barbie dolls with her.

"Uh I'm so excited, you're gonna shift for the first time tonight! We have to end your birthday party not so late tonight. Plus, you still have school tomorrow," Mom gushed as soon as I took a seat on the chair next to her.

"Woah Mom, don't I at least get a birthday wish first before you talk about shifting tonight?" I joked. My mom was way much more excited about me shifting tonight while I was much more excited about meeting my mate today and of course my birthday party tonight.

"Happy 16th Birthday, little sis." I looked up to find my brother and his mate coming towards us. He planted a kiss on top of my forehead before his mate came over to give me a kiss on my cheek, wishing me as well.

"Thank you Alpha and Luna," I thanked them jokingly. I was just in the mood to joke, smile and just laugh.

"How many times do I have to remind you not to call me Luna?" Celina glared at me but I just stuck my tongue out at her. Celina was definitely a good sister to me. I would sometimes steal her to just go shopping or girl's night which involves gossiping a little bit of my brother. My brother was of course a jock before he found Celina but I still loved him nonetheless.

"Alright Beatrix, have fun in school. Your present should be here by the time you reach home from school," Dad said and waved for me to go to school. My dad is a serious person except with my mom and especially in bed I guess. Uh, gross I know.

"Thanks dad," I said and Dad left since he was done with his breakfast. I proceeded with my breakfast which was just two pieces of plain pancakes. I loved plain pancakes. I always loved the buttery flavour of the pancake.

"Come on Bea, we have to get going," Eddie called. I didn't have any car nor any vehicle that could bring me to school so I had to drive with my brother and Celina which wasn't a very good idea because if I happened to leave the car 2 seconds late, then I would have to watch live telecast their making out which was superb gross.

"Coming," I called back and quickly pecked my mom's cheeks before grabbing my bag and ran for the door. I dumped myself in the back seat of my brother's metallic green Honda Civic and continued eating my half pancake which I brought along from the plate.

I didn't want to waste any food but I really should do some cleaning up of my mouth before I reach school because I definitely wouldn't want to give my mate the idea of me being a big-eater if we happened to meet today.

* * *

"See you guys later," I jumped out of the car and went straight to the lockers where my best friend, Sally, would be waiting for me.

"Hey Sally," I slapped her shoulder making her groan. Sally was my nerd best friend. No, really with no sarcasm added. Sally wore this type of big circle spectacles and she loves book. She could finish a book within 24 hours or even less than that. And she's not so girly. It could be her birthday today and I would be the one getting excited over her meeting her mate instead of herself. Oh yes, she's a werewolf too but we're not in a werewolf school. There were quite a population of werewolf students in here because the principal was a werewolf too and he usually would excuse us for not being in school due to matters like, war practices or even shifting for the first time overnight.

"Happy Birthday Beaaaaaa," she said and flung her arms around my neck, pulling me for a hug.

"Thank you Sally," I said and tapped her forehead where her bangs were resting on.

"I've got something for you," she said and went to dig inside her backpack. Her hand came out a few seconds later with a box, wrapped in floral wrapper.

I snatched it away from her and asked while grinning, “Why did you have to wrap this thing? Can I open it now?"

"Yes you can but if you do, we're gonna be late for lesson because Maths will start in less than 2 minutes and you haven't gotten your books out from your lockers," Sally told me in almost one breath.

"Oh girl can't you talk any faster?" I asked sarcastically but quickly opened up my locker and took the books I needed for Maths and walked with Sally to Maths.

She was an awesome best friend that anyone could ask for. I didn't need like a group of girls to be my friends which people will then call a group of whores or sluts nor did I need to be known by the whole campus because I have Sally.

"RING!"

Oh finally it's lunch. Why did time have to pass so slow today? Or was it just me? I was getting real impatient to meet my mate even though I wasn't sure whether I would meet him today, tomorrow, next month or whenever. But I just got a feeling that I would meet him today.

I tried sniffing around during Maths, Music and Geography but I couldn't find that sweet smell of my mate. How did I know that it's sweet? Well, that was what Celina and Mom told me. They said our mate would forever smell sweet to us.

"I'm gonna return some books in the library first," Sally said and told me to get a seat in the cafeteria first. I nodded and headed straight towards the cafeteria.

The moment I entered the cafeteria, I sensed it. The smell was so sweet and so refreshing that I never could get used to. I looked around, trying to find where the smell came from but it got mixed up with the other scents like my brother's, Celina's, the beta's and even humans.

The smell became stronger and stronger like it was coming to me. People were probably looking at me like I was some mad woman sniffing but this was my only way to find deeper for the smell. For my mate's smell.

"Have you gotten any seat?" A voice asked me from behind, shocking and pausing myself from searching for my mate's scent.

I sighed. "Not yet," I answered Sally. I turned back into the cafeteria and the scent seemed to just disappeared, making me sigh even louder.

"What's wrong?" Sally asked.

"Nothing," I lied, "You go get a seat while I put my books in the locker."

With that I just walked away. I was close, very close to finding my mate. I couldn't blame Sally for interrupting me because I was at the same time confused and mixed up with other scents in the cafeteria. Plus, the cafeteria wasn't a small space.

I walked lazily towards my locker when someone banged on me from the back, causing me to fell forward but a pair of arms quickly captured me before I got the chance I never wanted to kiss the floor. My nostrils were buried in this pair of arm's sleeved shirt and that was when I smelt it again.

The sweet, intoxicating and addictive smell. I looked up and met a very beautiful pair of blue eyes. My eyes travelled to his other face features and I instantly felt addicted to his beautiful face. I wouldn't say handsome. It was too beautiful. He was looking at me and his mouth was parted like he was shocked to have found me.

Then the magical word came out from his mouth and I knew I had found what I have been looking for.

"Mate."

"Yes," I told him right away. "We're mates."

I moved so that I was standing properly to have a better look of him and I was very glad that he didn't remove his arms from around me. My hands voluntarily went up to touch his chest. I was about to make it wrapped around his neck when someone came, interrupting our moments.

"Hey babe," that 'someone' said to my mate, making his arms dropped from around me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 14.9K 49
Parker rather have a rogue be his mate than a human. He thinks that they can barely compare to the strength of a wolf. He needs a strong Luna for his...
1.9M 48.9K 46
Today's the day I'm supposed to find my mate. He was the most gorgeous guy with black hair and blue eyes that was the color of the ocean. He smiled a...
471K 10.5K 23
Valentine Riley is a 'nerd'. Not really the nerds which you see around you but more of her pack, Blue moon's tradition is that the Alpha's child has...
564 11 23
What would you do if you find out your mate is a vampire? Rose is a sixteen year old hunter. She has a little brother and sister, no mother and her f...