Define Sociopath

By MyGirlAster

*** When Delilah Lancaster wakes up in a disheveled motel room covered in nothing more than crimson blood and... More

Copyright/ A:N
Prologue
Part 1: A stranger's grieving stare
Part 2: Somewhere safe
Part 3: Warmth
Part 4: Hope or Pessimisim?
Part 5: Fatal Attempt
Part 6: Blood Of Deception
Part 7: The Warmth Of A Sociopath
Part 9: Blood Bath
Part 10: Sympathy
Part 11: A matter of trust
Part 12: Unknown
Part 13: Pure Flame
Part 14: Troubled Mind
Part 15: Biological Cause
Part 16: Mistake
Part 17: Room Service
Part 18: Consequences
Part 19 : The Car Ride
Part 20 : Father
Part 21: Pain
Part 22 : The Escape
Part 23 : The Party
Part 24 : Help
Part 25: Finally safe
Part 26 : The Shattered Vase
Part 27: Screams of the wind
Part 28 :Ruby
Part 29: Chocolate

Part 8: The Wolf's Cave

7.4K 190 36
By MyGirlAster

  A/N: This is how I beg you guys for forgiveness on no updates for a month now.

{Chapter Eight}

The pounding at the door became more barbarous causing her to wince and shrink in her shoulder and scream at the vibrating oak door which was caused by a vicious sociopath who with clenched fists struck at what kept Delilah safe...for now. Strike after strike Issac's grunts became louder and unbearable for the poor girl. All she could do was ball up her fists in the strands of her dry blonde hair as fresh tears start to reveal their constant fear as they trailed perpetually down her cheeks which lacked color and health that her skin oh so longed for.

"Delilah, come on open the door!" His voice was vicious and slithered in fumed anger.

All the girl who was kept prisoner from the world did was sob every time he dared to speak. With one hand she clutched onto the wound on her lower abdomen and with the other, she wrapped her quivering arm around her legs which were brought up to her chest. Several minutes which felt like agonizing hours for Delilah had past and the loud and torturous banging had slowly faded until silence had once again consumed the world in which she was trying to survive.

She froze at the stale commotion which overwhelmed her.

Had he gone to get something that would help him get to me?

And if so what was he going to do to me once the door stopped being the reason for which I hadn't been hurt yet?

Was he going to kill me?

She asked herself over and over again until time went passing and her worries evolved into curiosity. She limped towards the sealed door and hesitantly shivered before prying it slightly ajar. Her swollen red eyes scanned every corner and inch of that room before knowing that it was in some way safe to step foot in, but once her bare feet made contact with the ice cold hardwood floor of the room, fear soon consumed her whole once again. Yet knowing that if she didn't fight for her life till the very end there was no guaranteeing the possibility of her freedom.

She pushed her worries aside and proceeded to open the door that kept her away from interaction and from any other living organism. The first thing that overwhelmed her vision was gleams of light which flashed from distant windows causing her eyes to wrinkle at the edges. She had been held prisoner by darkness for far too long that her eyes needed time to adjust. But tears bleed from them once more seeing how close freedom was from her.

She used the walls of the skinny hallway as her support, step after step and sob after sob as pain kept reminding her it was there and the reason it was present in the first place. Once the hall ended it lead into the small living room she was in before, the day she had first arrived at another prison cell.

"Hon, aren't you suppose to be resting?that was a nasty wound," A feminine yet raspy voice which assumed by alcohol or cigarettes was caused said in worry which was followed by rough coughs. Her heart skipped a beat and her goal of getting past that door, past the door that held sunlight's sensation, minimized.

"Please get me out of here!"Her throat was so dry from the lack of hydration which caused her voice to crack and dizziness to overwhelm her all at once.The lady with the stressed ocean eyes approached the poor girl who's stance lacked firmness as she pushed herself up against the wall using it as support.

"Oh, dear you really did lose a lot of blood. You are safe here don't worry, no harm will come to you." She assured Delilah and for some odd reason, she felt truth in the woman's voice.

But how could she be safe in a place where her kidnapper has put her in?

It's like a wolf who has placed its prey in its territory for later, when the wolf began to crave for something to satisfy its hunger.

"No! he will kill me, he will keep me locked up again. I don't want that please help me," She begged out in a whisper which just had her out of breath. She could sense her body begin to shut down as her stomach called for sympathy for over days.

The lady laughed but it was a short laugh and seriousness settled on her features. "I understand my son can be a hassle, he is incapable of hurting even the slightest of things. Did you guys get into a fight? Dear, I'm sorry he really isn't boyfriend material and all,"She informed Delilah and wrapped an arm around her shoulder for support and lead her slowly and cautiously into the kitchen.

After hearing what she did. Life didn't have meaning anymore.

This was the sociopath's mother who was nothing like the son.

She believed that Delilah was the lunatic's partner. And that he wouldn't and couldn't hurt anything in particular, which just flooded her mind with the memory of what had happened the day she woke up entangled with Isaac. When he killed the police officer with that knife. Her body was now trembling as Isaac's mother guided her to sit on the chair from the miniature bronze kitchen table.

Delilah couldn't manage words to leave her lips just a humorless laugh which dried out her throat even more.

"Here, have water you haven't had any liquid in your system for a day now," The middle-aged lady said, placing a cup of the hydrating serum on the table in front of her.

Her weak fingers grasped tightly around the cup as she downed the water in a few gulps causing some of its substance to drip down her chin and trail down her neck at the rapidness she had consumed it. What the woman didn't know was that it had been two days since water had entered her system.

She placed the cup down on the table and glanced at Isaac's mother with thankful eyes, eyes which have been weighed down by lack of sleep and long night of drowning herself in tears.

"Thank you."

She gave Delilah a lopsided smile. "No problem sweetie it was just water. I'll make you breakfast don't go anywhere."

She froze and thanked the Lord for finally something positive in her life. Delilah rubbed the drowsiness from her face as she watched the lady take some eggs and bacon from the fridge.

Curiosity had invaded her once more as soon as the raw egg was cracked over the warm oil in the pan. "What's your name?" She questioned and furrowed her eyebrows.

Delilah's eyes met the lady's deep blue seas. "My name is Grace." She tossed bacon into a similar pan, hearing it sizzle immediately.

Once the egg and bacon were fully cooked she placed it on a ceramic plate and fork and placed it in front of the starved girl who hasn't had a well-filling breakfast for a while.

Grace sat on a chair next to her, propping her hand on her chin as she laid her elbow on the table and studied Delilah with her eyes, watching her devour the plate of food just like she had with the water.

"And your name is Delilah, it's a very beautiful name. And by the looks of it, it seems as if you haven't eaten for ages." She said jokingly with a smile which caused wrinkles of age to appear on the corners of her eyes. Silence soon consumed them for a few minutes before a gleam of something indescribable took place in Grace's eyes.

"Can I asked you something dear?"

Delilah slowly stopped chewing the last spoonful of delicious heaven. "Sure."

Grace fumbled with her slim fingers before speaking. "I know my son told me not to ask but I'm curious. What would want to harm a girl so sweet as you?" She questioned gesturing at the area which blood had tainted the white t- shirt.

Delilah held herself back before speaking for a while because who knew if Isaacs mother would be capable of locking her back up again. She couldn't trust anyone even thought Grace seemed like a person that could immediately be trusted. But appearances can lie apparently. She didn't even know how to answer the question herself.

Why would someone want to hurt her?

"I don't know," Delilah responded with the simplest thing to say. Grace sighed, tying back her strands of honey blonde hair and stared at the girl with tension.

"Well let me tell you something hon. It's about my son."

Delilah's limbs froze. The last thing she wanted to hear or speak about was about that man.

"I don't believe he ever told you what I'm about to say but...after your rampage and speaking all those things about Issac I guess It's just time to tell you," Grace informed, staring at her with sincerity in her prickled eyes.

"He is a very special boy... which means he'll do anything for those he loves, but... gets aggressive bipolar attacks and is mentally ill." Her eyes became sad as those words spilled from her now quivering lips.Now she just wasn't dealing with a psycho who was psycho because he wanted to be, he was sick because he had no other option to be which held Delilah petrified.

Worry sat on her shoulders once again.

"As in what do you mean mentally i-ill?"

At the question, something in Grace was switched on, something that withheld fear, shock, but mostly sadness. It was something that overwhelmed her body so much that it began to shake violently as tears neared the ledge.As scared as Delilah was she wrapped her fingers around the dreaded lady's hands and gripped onto them with sympathy.

Grace automatically pulled away but blinked back the tears and smiled brightly at Delilah. "uh...how about when I finish taking a shower I change your dressing because by the looks of the stain on your shirt it's time to change it. And then we can talk more. How about that?"

Delilah sighed inwardly. "Okay, Grace." She said and watched as she pushed herself away from the table and walked away down the hall Delilah once came from frightened, and once she heard the door click shut the questions and worries she once had locked away for her own good were all cut loose, which weighed her down all at once.

Her kidnapper seems to have had a dark past with that other "mental illness" that wasn't specified which made her circumstances even worse.If Grace wasn't capable of telling her what was wrong with him, something that seemed worse than a bipolar disorder.Imagine what type of monster Isaac could be after what she has already experienced.If she stayed in the wolf's cave and waited till hunger struck him...he could be capable of doing what he hadn't when he was trying to force himself into the locked bathroom. She couldn't risk dying once again.

She forced her limp body up and away from the chair and proceeded to pace towards the front door, her freedom. Once she was out and about, a soft breeze caressed her skin and gave her a taste of life again. And the soft rays of the yellow sun kissed her as well causing a long sob to leave her throat as tears fled her eyes in hope.

She walked,

She limped,

and she crawled,

as fast as her weak and worn down body allowed her to and without looking back once went on for thirty minutes until a small grocery shop came to her vision.

A sigh of relief escaped her chapped lips but once her fingers were able to touch the entrance door of the store something ruff and painfully agonizing enabled her to. There were frigid hands which withheld her and forced their palm on her mouth which was about to be opened in acts of protest.

"Do you really think, I'd leave without having a bit of fun with you," A stomach twisting voice irked her and had her paralyzed at just that disgusting voice. She well knew it wasn't Isaac. It was the man with the black ski mask, the man who treated her worse than Isaac, the man with the compass tattoo.

At this point, she knew there was no such thing as hope.

And that if there was that it will be crushed in a tug of fingertips, shattering that hope and turning it back into pessimism.

______________

Author's Note:

Song / Halsey / Control

Sorry that I haven't updated these past Tuesdays. It's just....time is very limited to me right now which I most distaste but here I am I have defeated time finally and have updated this juicy chapter leading in a cliffhanger. Muahaaha hope you guys enjoy and have fingers crossed to see if I do update on Tuesday of next week. And if I don't update well....pray I don't update in a month like it took me to update a chapter right now. Well other than that hope you guys are enjoying "Define Sociopath" and if you thought the action and terror of this story has appeared a few chapters back.....it has just began. There will be more darkness to come. But thanks for the votes on the story. I really appreciate it :)

Love - Aster <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 10.7K 58
After five years of heavy studying, Beverly Frazier finally graduated as a psychiatric nurse. When she, much sooner than she ever thought, got a job...
60.4K 1.8K 59
This is chapter two of the MADMAN series. - While Beverly Frazier tried her best to recover from the previous traumatizing situations at St: Nicolai...
572K 21.8K 71
»beginning is rough and quite awful but it gets better as you go along« »book one in the series« When she gets stolen from her wedding, Emerald Vale...
263 36 27
Madeline Curtis, a runaway from small town in Washington, finds herself in the streets of Hollywood looking for a place to stay when she encounters a...