Marked by the Alpha

By zabellerain

"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shud... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter: Weston's POV
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
** AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
author's note: a proposal
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
UPDATE.
Chapter 25
QA
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Sequel Preview
Author's Note

Chapter 2

2M 52.8K 32.4K
By zabellerain

Hi Guys! So here is Chapter 2. (: Enjoy! This is dedicated to LoveEnchantedWinx because her comment made my day. :D

VOTE. FAN. COMMENT. LIKE.

Xo, zabelle06

“Danny!” My mom yelled and ran out of the house engulfing me in a bear hug. I almost fell from the impact. I laughed when she smothered my face with kisses and tears streamed down her face. Her perfume filled my nose and I instantly relaxed. I sighed in contentment. I knew for sure my mother would never betray me. She would never give up on me. This is the first time I smiled in days. I felt so safe in her arms. “You’ve grown so much! I missed you!”

“Mom, you saw me two weeks ago.” I chuckled and sighed again. “I missed you too,” I said seriously. My dad cleared his throat and I scowled. What did he want this time? I turned around and glared at my dad, but he just smiled at me. I narrowed my eyes at him and he just turned to smile at my mother.

“Ella, you look great as always,” My father greeted. It was true. My mother looked gorgeous. She’s forty two and she looked like she was still in her early thirties. Her long straight, dark brown hair was pulled into a tight pony tail and she wore a black dress that hugged her body nicely. Her high cheekbones complimented her black eyes and her red lipstick made her look professional, yet lovely. I looked just like her, except my hair was slightly curled at the bottom making it look like I’ve curled it with a curling iron and my eyes were green, just like my father’s own. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t good looking. It ran in my blood and most of my family members were models.

“Thank you, George. I’ve got a meeting in an hour,” she groaned and looked at her watch. “I hate to leave Danny because she just arrived, but duty calls.” She looked at me apologetically. “I’m sorry. I was hoping I wasn’t going to be busy today. I hope you don’t mind because it’s going to be held in the house.” I looked over at the mansion my mom called home. It was beautiful, of course. She was filthy rich, but she didn’t take it for granted. It was two stories high. Inside, there was twelve bedrooms, ten bathrooms, one huge kitchen, a dining room, a living area, a work out area, my mother’s work shop, a basement, an attic and finally a huge meeting room for when she has meetings for her job.

I shook my head and smiled at my mom. “Mom, this is your house. Stop freaking out. I understand.” She smiled sweetly at me. I saw Feli, one of my mother’s maids coming outside and I ran up to her, hugging her. She was like my Aunt. She had short curly gray hair and she was short and stubby. She had a huge smile on her face that brightened up her whole face. “Aunt Feli, how you doing?”

“Oh, I’m doing fine. No need to worry about me, sweet heart. How ya’ doing?” She smiled, trying to smooth out her hair. “By the way, I made your favorite southern pot pie to make you feel better.”

“I’m alright. Could be doing better. Oh, I can’t wait to eat that.” My mouth watered at the thought of her famous pot pie. She chuckled at my expression.

“Feli, it’s good to see you again!” My dad said enthusiastically, interrupting my conversation once again. He looked at me with a serious look on his face. “Danny, can we talk?”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” I simply said, shrugging. “Mom, I’ll see you inside,” My mother looked concerned. Her hands were knotted together in front of her. She started twiddling her thumbs and she bit her lip. She did that often when she was deep in thought or when she was nervous. I started stalking off towards the main entrance of the house, while Feli followed me, rubbing my back soothingly.

“Daniella Jean Wrode Saunders,” I froze in place when he said my whole name. My back was still facing him and I tensed up. Feli noticed and she stepped away from me. She knew that when I was tense, I was mad. And it isn’t pretty when I’m mad, trust me.  “I expected you to understand. You’re not a child anymore, Daniella.” My father’s voice sounded angry. He was getting tired and impatient with me, which pissed me off some more.

“I do understand. You love Sandra more than me.” I spat out and walked into the house without looking back. I was on the verge of crying again. How much tears can a girl hold? I was just one person and I certainly couldn’t handle this crap anymore. I was only seventeen and I shouldn’t be worrying about these things. I wished I was normal. I wished that my parents were still married, that my dad took care of his ‘little girl’, and that my boyfriend loved me unconditionally. But I wasn’t normal. I was Daniella Saunders. I was far from normal.

Half an hour later, my dad finally left. He tried to say good bye, but I ignored him. My mom left me with some Ben & Jerry’s strawberry ice cream before going to her meeting. I wished my brother were here. He would’ve been comforting me and he would’ve told my dad to leave me the hell alone. He would’ve protected me. He would’ve tickled me until I started smiling again.  

My brother, Darren was two years older than me and right now, he was at college all the way in Washington. I missed him terribly. He was working on getting a degree as a mechanic. My father wanted him to become a star baseball player, but Darren didn’t listen to him. It was his life after all. That’s how I learned to stand up to my father. Darren was my inspiration. His voice popped into my mind. “Hold your head up high and smile. Stand up tall and remain strong. You are strong. You know why?” I would smile at him, knowing what he would say next. “Because I’m your brother.” We would laugh and he would tickle me until I was almost out of breath.

It was getting dark already and I could see the stars in the sky began to appear. I was sitting in my huge bedroom, looking out the window to the back yard. The only thing I didn’t like about this place was the forest that was a few feet away from my house. It was strange and creepy. It looked like one of those forests in those scary movies they tell you not to go into. The fog surrounded the trees mysteriously and I shivered at the thought of walking into the forest and what could happen if I did.  Just when I thought that, I saw something black zipping through trees. What the hell was that? I started to panic. Was it a dog? Dogs certainly weren’t as big as that. Maybe it was a bear. But bears didn’t move that fast, a little voice in my head said. Goosebumps rose all over my body and my heart started going in overdrive. I closed my eyes and shook my head and looked back at the forest. There was nothing. It just looked creepy as usual. Maybe I was hallucinating, I was tired after all.

Someone knocked on my door, waking me up from my reverie. “Come in,” I called, still looking outside. The door opened slowly and my mom’s head popped inside. She looked concerned and worried. She came in and obviously, she changed into something more comfortable. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore a white loose shirt and gray sweats. “Honey, you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m just mad at dad.” I sighed.

“You have every right to be. I can’t believe he married a skank.” My mother spat and shivered in disgust. “I can’t believe he chose her over his own daughter.”

I stayed quite the whole time my mom ranted about the reasons she divorced him. “He was selfish. He wanted things to go his way. Gosh, when is he ever going to learn?” My mom just kept going on and on until I got up and started unpacking my clothes. She watched me curiously and started helping me unpack my stuff. It was silent and I appreciated it. I didn’t feel like talking about my dad anymore. What’s done is done.

By the time I was half way done, my right shoulder started aching. I winced and started rolling it. I rubbed it, but it did nothing to help my burning shoulder. My mom noticed and she looked at me worried. She bit her lip. “What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Nothing big. It’s been happening for a week.” I rubbed my shoulder, wincing. I closed my eyes and counted to ten, trying to calm myself down. “It’s probably because I’m tired.”

“I think your sh-“ my mom stopped herself midsentence and looked scared for a moment. I looked at her curiously. She bit her lip again and she looked off into space.

“Huh?” That seemed to jolt her out of whatever she was thinking. Gosh, what is wrong? Weird things just keep happening. “Mom, are you alright?”

“Yeah. It’s probably because you’re tired. I mean, you’ve been stressed. You’ve been through a lot.” She said nervously. I looked at her suspiciously and she sighed. “Honey, you do realize I’m sorry? You don’t deserve any of this.”

“Mom, it’s not your fault. Trust me. I’m with you now and I couldn’t wish for anything else.” I hugged her as she began to cry.

“I feel like a horrible parent. I mean, my daughter is not happy. What’s wrong with me?” She said upset. She wiped her tears away. I felt a pang in my chest. She thought this was her fault. “Let me make it up to you. Spa day Saturday.”

“Mom, it’s not your fault. And I’d love to.” I sighed and hugged her once more. She looked excited and I smiled. I missed these moments with my mom. The moments where it was just the two of us, either shopping, relaxing, getting our nails done or just talking. She always found a way to make my day.

“That way, the aching in your shoulder would go away,” she winked. “And you look like crap.” She said, her face scrunching up. “And you stink too. You really need to take a bath.”

“Jee, thanks mom. I love you too.” I said sarcastically. “Anyways, what did dad say to you?”

“He didn’t say anything. He was a chicken,” my mom rolled her eyes. “I did most of the talking. I told him that you needed space. I also said some violent things, but you don’t need to hear those things.” She said proudly. She didn’t like it when someone messes with her or her kids. When she gets mad, she gets mad. Never get on my mom’s bad side, just saying. “So, how’s you and Chase?”

I broke down. I couldn’t take it anymore. Holding back my tears was too hard. My heart was aching some more. My mother looked at me curiously while she held my hand. She looked sorry for me. She probably thought I only missed him. To tell you the truth, I do miss him and I hate myself for that. “He cheated on me,” I said between sobs. My mom gasped and embraced me in a motherly hug. “W-with Ali.”

“What!” She said angrily. Her eyes narrowing and she looked like she was going to kill someone pretty soon. “I swear, when I see those two, I’m going to –“

“Mom, forget about it. They’re nothing to me anymore. Since I’m here, I’m going to leave the past behind and start fresh.” I interrupted, putting on a fake smile. “I’m going to take a shower since I stink.” I said, emphasizing the last two words. She laughed and I smiled. I loved my mom’s laugh. It made me happy to know I made her happy. “Do you have some Epsom Salt? My shoulder is really hurting.” I started rubbing my shoulder again, wincing when the pain intensified.

“Yeah, it’s in your bathroom drawer.”

“Okay, thanks.” I started walking to my bathroom. “Good night mom. I love you. Thanks for everything.” I could tell she smiled even if I wasn’t looking at her. I could feel the happiness radiating off of her.

“Good night Danny. No problem, sweet heart.” She said softly. “By the way, you start school in two days.”

Great, I thought. Here comes the torture.

Sorry if it was boring. I just needed to fill you guys in with some information. Next chapter will be longer and much more interesting. I promise. Love you guys.

Xo, zabelle06

Preview of Chapter 3:

I walked through the hallway looking for class A232. I was getting impatient. Oh God, I’m going to be late for my first class on my first day, I thought. My teacher is going to think I’m one of the people who think they’re ‘bad ass’. I rolled my eyes. Teachers were so judgmental. Oh well, it’s not my fault the classroom numbers were faded and so hard to read.

I was busy trying to decipher the classroom numbers that I accidently bumped into someone hard. I stumbled back a bit from the impact, but luckily I caught myself before I fell. “Oh gosh, I’m so sorry,” I said scared. Would’ve this person killed me? This school scared the shit out of me already.

I looked up at a tall, muscular guy who looked about my age. He had jet black hair and blue eyes. He was really hot and good looking. He was scowling until he looked into my eyes. The whole world seemed to stop for a moment. It felt like we were the only two in the hallway. My heart skipped multiple beats and I saw something in those blue eyes. It was as if I was looking at the scene all by myself. It was a gray wolf and he looked as if he found something he has been searching for his whole life. For some reason it made my heart swell up.

The scene disappeared and I closed my eyes. I felt dizzy. I opened my eyes again when I felt normal. The guy’s face softened a bit, but before I could blink an eye, his eyes hardened and he scowled. “Watch where you’re going, bitch. Are you blind or something?” He said harshly and he continued walking in the other direction, but before he left, he bumped my shoulder hard that I fell on the ground. I grabbed my shoulder in pain. It was bad enough that it was hurting already. Everyone started laughing at me and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. He walked away and for some reason, I felt like my heart broke in two.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

398K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
167K 3.1K 29
Julia, just months from becoming a full-werewolf, is now halfway through her pregnancy, has officially hooked up with the father of her babies ...sor...
56.5K 3.2K 54
It was the end of times. A brother betraying another and a cruel heartbreak later, I found myself wrapped around my only soulmate, Knox. That was un...
134K 529 4
*WARNING!!!!!! EXCERPT ONLY!!! Full version available only on Dreame and Amazon.* "Soon, Ellie." He takes a whiff from my neck before whispering se...