In Love With The Game || Core...

By mialuvlyy

"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger... More

Chapter 1 : My Home
Chapter 2 : Left and Right
Chapter 3 : Ruin Me
Chapter 4 : Worst Things
Chapter 5 : Sibling Love
Chapter 6 : Liberty
Chapter 7 : Deserve
Soundtrack
Chapter 8 : Kiss and Tell
Chapter 9 : Cute
Chapter 10 : Little Sister
Chapter 11 : How Do I Dress For A Date
Chapter 12 : Truly Falling
Chapter 13 : Movie Night
Chapter 14 : Sick
Chapter 15 : Kill Me
Chapter 16 : Family Reunions
Chapter 17 : Use Me
Chapter 18 : Unbelievable
Chapter 19 : You Don't Know
Chapter 20 : How Hurt
Chapter 21 : Fake
Chapter 22 : First Day
Chapter 23 : Dead Meat
Chapter 24 : The Boys
Chapter 25 : Ederson
Chapter 27 : Million Dollar Smile
Chapter 28 : She's Perfect
Chapter 29 : OTP
Chapter 30 : What Did You Do
Chapter 31 : Say Goodbye
Chapter 32 : Danger In A Coffee Shop
Chapter 33 : Make My Day
Chapter 34 : Can't You See
Chapter 35 : The Worst
Chapter 36 : Yelich?
Chapter 37 : Mixed With Hate
Chapter 38 : Elevators
Chapter 39 : Therapy
Chapter 40 : Love, Corey
Chapter 41 : Seager Smooth
Chapter 42 : Prove Yourself
Chapter 43 : I'm In Love With You
Chapter 44 : What You've Done To Me
Chapter 45 : Marriage?
Chapter 46 : Blues
Chapter 47 : Close Strings
Chapter 48: Brother
Chapter 49 : You Just Don't Know
Chapter 50 : Beautiful Death
Chapter 51 : Letting Go
Chapter 52 : Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 53 : There She Goes
Chapter 54 : Stronger Without Him
Chapter 55 : I Lost Her
Chapter 56 : Rethink
Chapter 57 : Back In Time
Chapter 58 : Needed You
Chapter 59 : Changed Woman
Chapter 60 : Last Night
Chapter 61 : The Rock
Chapter 62 : Gas Pedal
Chapter 63 : Sound
Chapter 64 : Not So Loyal Corey
Chapter 65 : Let Me Go
Chapter 66 : Running Back
Chapter 67 : The Party Love Pt. 1
Chapter 68 : The Party Love Pt. 2
Chapter 69 : Mothers and Fathers
Chapter 70 : Gone
Chapter 71 : This Is It

Chapter 26 : Closer

2.4K 41 7
By mialuvlyy

"No way I'm doing that." I say as Joc pushes towards a plate of sushi to me. "Just try it!" He says smiling. "Joc! You know I cant." I say glaring at him. "Chicken!" Kiké yells before copying the sounds of one. "Takes one to know one." I say before sticking out my tongue.

Kiké rolls his eyes and takes the plate of sushi away from me. "You don't deserve it anymore." He says sticking out his tongue. "Whatever weirdo." I say sitting back on the couch. "Don't you have work today?" Trayce asks as he walks into the living. "Yes I do." I say nodding. "When do you start?" He asks taking the plate filled with the disgusting sushi Joc loves. "I start at three." I say pointing to the clock that reads 12.

Trayce nods and I smile as Corey walks into the house with food. "Hey." He says walking into the living room and laying down the box of pizza."For the non-sushi lovers." He says. I smile knowing that he knew me so well now. "I have to go run an errand before the game so I gotta go." Corey says grabbing his bag filled with clean clothes for after the game.

"Oh okay." I say nodding. Corey smiles and leans down to kiss me. "I'll see you in 48 hours, starting at three." I say. Corey smiles and kisses me again. "Sounds like a plan." He says before waving goodbye to the boys. Corey leaves and it was just the three of us again watching The Longest Ride.

"So how have you and Corey been?" Kiké asks. "Great." I say nodding. Kiké smiles and I nod. "You two are so cute. Not to mention the cute babies you two will make." Kiké says winking. "Wait what?" Joc asks. "No babies." He adds. I smile and they all join me on the couch.

"So my brother Klay will be visiting and I just wanted to ask if it was alright if he spent three nights with us." Trayce says. "Sure." Joc and I say. Trayce nods and we all turn to the tv. "What's it like to date him?" Kiké asks out of the blue. "Date who?" Joc asks. "Corey." Kiké says as he turns to me.

I laugh and Kiké waits for an answer. "It's nice, he treats me well and he loves me for who I am." I say. "That's good." Kiké says nodding. "Indeed it is." I say smiling. At the thought of Corey I begin to miss him already. Kiké smirks and my smile fades as I see the couple in the movie having a good time.

"Julia are you okay?" Joc asks. "I'm fine. Um I'll be in my room if anyone needs me." I say walking upstairs.

~*~
I get to work later on and I'm the second one there. "Hello." Travis says handing me a folder. "What's this?" I ask. "A case." He says leaning against my desk as he drinks his coffee. "Oh you found one?" I ask. "Of course I did." He says smiling. I chuckle and open it to find evidence from the scene. "Okay why don't you call Jeffrey and make a plan with him. I'm not feeling well." I say sitting down.

"What's wrong?" He asks. "I don't know." I say shrugging as I look at the floor. "Okay well I'll give you some space, and check in with you later." Travis says as he walks out my office.

I stare at the clock 48 hours to go. I guess my expectations of working and being close to Corey and Joc were not going well. I put my head in the palm of my hands and sigh.

I look around the office and stare out the window to see everyone else arriving to work. They all wave to me and smile and I do the same. They all talk to Travis then turn to me and give me a warm smile.

I didn't know why I was down. I was going to leave to Arizona with Corey in a few days and the office was going to be ran by Jeffrey.

The truth is that didn't even make me feel better. A knock on my door interrupts my thoughts. "Come in."

Everyone walks in and they try to give me their best smile. "You guys look scary." I say as they widen their smile. "What's wrong Julia?" Kelly asks. I turn to her and sigh. "Nothing." I lie. "Julia we may be your coworkers but we're also family. You know that." Jeffrey says.

"I know." I say nodding my head. "Well then what's the problem?" Jeffrey asks. "When I said yes to this job I thought that I would still be able to spend time with Corey and Joc, I barley have time." I say. "Julia you just went on a date with Corey." Sam says. "Yes, but now we barley talk and when we do its to say good morning or goodnight." I say.

Sam sighs and nods. "You two were meant for each other Julia. You should know that by now." Sam says. I look away from them and to my desk. "I'm gonna do some paperwork, you guys go get some answers to the unsolved case." I say pointing to the folder on my desk. They sigh and nod leaving the room.

40 hours to go.

Why was I so worried about my relationship failing? I loved Corey and I didn't want to lose him over us not spending much time together. I turned the tv on to watch the boys play against the Angels. It was the top of the first and Mike Trout was up to bat with two on base and one out. He sends the ball far out to center. Next thing you know Joc was watching it as it went over the fence. I sigh they know led the Dodgers 3-0.

36 hours to go.

The game was done and the Dodgers lost 6-4. Corey was going to be mad and I knew Joc wouldn't be able to control him so I tried calling them both but they wouldn't answer.

I walk out my office and into the break room where I find Sam sitting down and eating. "Hey Sam." I say as I open the refrigerator and grab one of the salads. "Hey." She says without looking up from her phone. "How is the case?" I ask. "It's a hard one." She says placing her phone down so she can eat her sandwich.

"Have you seen Travis or Jeffrey?" I ask as I begin to make the salad. "Yes they're in the interrogation room." She says finally looking at me. "Thank you." I say grabbing my salad so I can eat and walk to the interrogation room.

Once I was there Travis was outside the room watching as Jeffrey questioned the suspect. "Who's the suspect?" I ask. "Henry Lord, 32, male, and a friend of the victim." Travis says. "What did he do to make him a suspect?" I ask. "He was seen leaving the scene shortly after the victim Elise died. No one could find any evidence backing up their statement that he was the one who did it." Travis says.

I nod and eat my salad as I watch. Jeffrey walks out and sighs. "Go do your magic because I couldn't." Jeffrey says. Travis smiles and nods. "It's good to have my job back." Travis says. Jeffrey rolls his eyes and turns to me. "You tried cracking the suspect?" I ask. "Yes." He says grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

"I'm guessing it didn't go well." I say. Jeffrey shakes his head and I chuckle.

27 hours to go

"Julia you have someone here for you." Kelly says knocking on my door. "Send them in." I say fixing my hair. Kelly soon comes back with Kiké by her side.

"Hey." I say smiling. Kiké smiles and hands me a bag. "What's this?" I ask. "Stadium food from Joc." He says. "Life saver." I say looking into the bag and finding a cold hot dog and still hot nachos. "So how's it going?" Kiké asks. "Slow." I say standing up. "And why is that?" He asks. "So much paper work it makes everything seem slow." I say. Kiké
smiles and sits down.

"What's Joc up to?" I ask. "I have no idea." He says shrugging. "Corey?" I ask. "Ditto."

I groan and Kiké raises an eyebrow. "I just want to go home." I say closing my eyes. "Hey there's only 27 hours to go and if you take a nap time will pass by much faster." He says. "You're right." I say thinking of taking a nap since I haven't got much sleep.

Kiké nods proud of his bright idea. "Well I have to go, but make sure to eat and get some rest." He says. "Thank you for stopping by." I say. "Anytime." Kiké says before leaving my office. I sit down and lay my head on my desk. My office door opens and I don't bother to look up knowing it was either Kiké who forgot something or someone else to update me on the case.

"Hey." They says. "What's up?" I ask. "Um the ceiling." They say. "You really going to make me look?" I ask. "Yes."

I look up and smile as I see Corey standing there with a smile on his face. "Hey." He says. I walk to him for a hug and he gets pushed back a little from me basically jumping on him.

"Someone missed me." He says. "Of course I did." I say taking in his scent that I love. Corey pulls away from the hug, sits down, and pats his lap for me to sit.

I do so and he wraps his arms around my waist. "So everyone tells me you aren't doing so well." Corey says pushing my hair back. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"When I said yes to this job I knew I was going to not be able to spend some time with you, but I didn't know it was going to be this much." I say. "What are you talking about Julia? We always spend time together." Corey says. "Corey the only time I see you is at your games or on tv. When I'm there we only exchange a few words and that's only when I check up on you." I say.

"Julia if you want to spend more time together all you have to do is ask." He says. "Corey you know I always want to spend more time with you." I say. Corey frowns and kisses me. "Okay well I'm sure this weekend we can spend some time together." He says smiling. I nod and smile. "Sounds like a plan." I say placing my head on his shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 2.7K 50
"baby watching you break is like going through hell" trigger warning: contains and/or mentions: eating disorders, depression, sexual assault, and ph...
241 3 10
Madison Lee, Ryan's sister, always loved to play baseball with him and her friends. But what happens when one day something happens to Ryan and Madis...
15.6K 395 200
Everything took place dodgers stadium game when a group of high school varsity baseball team got invited to see the game stay after for Meet & Greets...
87.4K 872 28
~~Completed~~ You and best friend go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game and you end up bumping into Number 35. Is it a dream?