Stars Hold Our Fate (SCOROSE)...

By live_fully

PG13 with some language. (Completed April 3rd 2017) {*AMAZING COVER BY @grangxr*} Rose Weasley is outraged. H... More

Hook
⊚ MONTHS EARLIER ⊚
Studying With... Malfoy?
Bleachers
An Admirer
A Plan
What I Want
Three Times a Charm
Out of Your Comfort Zone
The Stars
Marrying Birds
A Certain Redhead
Eternity
Hi!
What To Do
Thousand Years (Scorose Feels)
Dear Lily
Grindylow
Preparation
Mermaids, Umbridge, Voldemort!
Surprise
Would You Dance
Lovestruck {Chily Feels}
Drunken Nights
It's Official Now
Party Crashers
An Announcement
Thank You
Out Of Reach
Of Romance
Rescuing Potter
A New Nemisis
Awkward Moments
The Malfoy Name
The Weasley Clan
Cliché
Finally The End
A Potter
Once Upon A Nightmare
The Overgenerous Boyfriend
Where Darkness Died
Reunion
A Traitor
One More Day
Hell's Angel
Bride to Be
Go Green!
Property Of Scorpius
Face Off
Love Is Complicated
Treasures
Never Be Alone (Feels)
Skanky Situation
Running
Almost Dead
The Headstone Entrance
Pluto
Future Fantasies
Epilogue: Night To Remember

Almost Kiss

3.7K 98 31
By live_fully

Rose's POV

I leaned against the back of my chair, my fingers drumming the table.  Where is he? It was almost 6:55 and we had a Transfiguration essay to write.  If he fails this, he fails this.  But he's NOT bringing me down with him!

So I started to write.

When it was 6:59, the Library door opened, "Hello?" A familiar voice called. "Weasley?"

"Over here," I called back, before looking back down at my parchment as I wrote.  Footsteps got louder and I sensed a figure across the table.

"What are you writing?" He asked, but his eyes were roaming the quiet bookshelves around him.

"Our Transfiguration essay," I answered, still not looking at him. "If you didn't show up, at least I would have three paragraphs."

"Wow.  What an amazing tutor you are," Scorpius said sarcastically, rounding the table so he could take a seat next to me.

I looked up and was about to make a snappy comment but I stopped and stared at him.  His usually wavy blonde hair hung straight and a bit over his blue eyes.  It looked a little damp and was dropping slightly, but that didn't effect how he looked.  In fact ... he looked a little cuter, of that was possible.

I found my cheeks growing red at the silent comment I'd made to myself.  Scorpius stared at me, "Why are you blushing?"

"I'm not blushing," I denied, looking away.  Changing the subject before he could protest, I quickly asked, "Why is your hair wet?"

What a stupid question.

His pinned me with a strange look, "I went Scuba diving in the Black Lake.  What do you think?" He asked, making small gestures.

I sighed, "Never mind. Forget I asked that." Shut up. "Just write the essay, okay?"

He sat down.

We started to work.  Well, he started, I continued.  But Scorpius kept getting distracted, his eyes either scanning our surroundings or his wand levitating his parchment.

I glowered at him for the eight time that night, "Scorpius!" I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Will you at least pretend to concentrate on the bloody assignment?"

His head snapped in my direction, "What did you say?" There was surprise on his face.

I huffed, "I said —"

"No — before that.  You called me Scorpius."

I was about to suggest he get those ears of his checked into St. Mungo's, but I froze when I realized he was right.

"Well ..." I turned away from his gaze, looking everywhere but at him. "That's your name, isn't it?"

He just shook his head in disbelief before turning back to the essay, "We have one more paragraph left.  But we've used all our options."

"The last paragraph isn't an option, silly," I said. "It's the conclusion." Then I grabbed my quill, scanning it across the last five lines so fast Scorpius didn't even have time to respond when I put my quill down.

I smiled proudly, "Finished," I turned to him. "You?"

His jaw dropped, "Of course I'm not finished!"

"Well.  Bye," I said, and grabbed my assignment faster than a horse, almost off the edge of my seat when Scorpius snatched my essay out of my hands.

I whirled around. My eyes glowed in shock, "Hey!"

He turned his back on me as he pretended to observe it.  I glared at his back, poking my hand through the gap between his arm and torso.

"Give.  That.  Back!" I snapped, my fingers reaching for the essay.

Scorpius smirked, "Make me -"

He turned his head and froze. 

Our faces were barely inches apart, our noses almost touching. I saw Scorpius wasn't smirking anymore, his cheeks a flaming red, but I knew I looked just as bad.

Probably worse.

My pulse was thrumming like a hippogriff's hooves. What the hell. What the hell. What the hell.

We stayed in that awkward position for God knows how Long.  But I didn't complain.  I just stared into his pools of pearly liquid, and after a Long while my mind came plummeting down to earth and I snatched my essay from his now-loosened grip.

I tore my eyes away from his, looking down as I stuffed my essay carelessly into my bag.  I felt his eyes on me the whole time.

"We should wrap it up for today," I said quietly. "The Library is closing." Lies.

I grabbed my quill and ink bottle, throwing them inside too.

"I'll see you, Malfoy," I said distractedly, giving him once last glance before leaving the table.

I walked out of the Library, my footsteps echoing across the halls.  We were so close! And he didn't pull away! I thought anxiously. We were so close we could've kissed!

At the thought, an unconscious blush appeared on my face, following me all the way back to the Gryffindor Tower and into the empty common room where I sat for eternity, listening to my thoughts.

$$$

Scorpius's POV

I stared after her as her calm footsteps left the Library.  I couldn't believe what just happened. Especially with Rose Weasley.

What would Father say?

Who gives a damn what he says?

But she's a mudblood.

Enjoy the moment, idiot!

So I did.  I ran a hand through my still damp hair.  It was an almost kiss.  An almost kiss with Weasley. How should I feel about that? How DO I feel about that?

"Excuse me," A shrill voice said, behind him, making him jump. "The Library is closed.  Get out."

I stared at Madame Pince, waiting for her to leave but she never did.  She stood there, waiting for me to pack my things.

"GET OUT!!!" She bellowed when I didn't move.

Immediately I started gathering my things and dumping them in my bag.  Then I slung it over my shoulder, hurrying out of Library without another thought.

$$$

I entered the Slytherin common room and sat next to Charles on the couch without a greeting.  Charles glanced at me briefly before doing a double take.

"Scorpius?"

"Yeah?"

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Are you sick?"

I blinked, "I don't think so."

I waited for him to explain why he had asked, but he just sat there, staring funnily at me.

I sighed, "Are you gonna tell me -"

"There's just something off about you," Charles said, examining every feature of me. "I can't put my finger on it-"

He froze suddenly.  I watched as he faced me again, this time with a smug grin.  I realised he was going to start talking about a certain 'girl' again so I stood up.

"You know what? I'm tired."

I started to walk towards the boys dormitories but Charles followed, "Come on, Scorpius! What happened today? You can tell me, I'm your best mate! Hey, Scor!"

I ignored him, quickly changing and sliding into bed, "Good night, Charles," I muttered, but you couldn't hear it over the babble of his voice.

So I shut my eyes, instantly dreaming.

But I'll never admit about who ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 521 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...
1.6M 40K 66
• Smut Warning • Completed • ~ Aria Rowen, A 7th year Hufflepuff returning after the Battle of Hogwarts. A certain Slytherin, coming back for his 8th...
11.7K 144 22
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...
Trio By Bellleeee

Fanfiction

10.7K 223 17
A Potter, a Granger-Weasley, and a Malfoy. Three unlikely friends that somehow made there way through all the Love, hates, and prejudice of the wizar...