Durmstrang's Sister

By whinnyy

Everyone int he wizard world knew of the famous Bulgarian quidditch player Viktor Krum, and those who knew of... More

intro
quidditch world cup
first day back
hogwarts
hermione
invitations
dragons
yule ball
the golden egg
hogsmeade
second task
rita skeeter
third task
remembering cedric
reader to author
Announcement

october

14.3K 327 28
By whinnyy

Katya sat in the common room on the 20th of October waiting for her brother to come down from his room as it was almost time for them to leave. Once he made his way down, knowingly taking his time just to make everyone wait, he offered his arm to Katya who slipped her red cloak over her shoulders before accepting Viktors arm once again, Vûlk trotting on her heels. He led her out of the common room and down to the grand entrance where the whole school waited. The group shook as many hands as possible and the boys nodded their heads accepting the luck being thrown their was while Katya blew soft kisses to her few close friends before they exited the doors of the castle into the bitter mountain air where they all followed Igor to the large boat that floated waiting for them to arrive.

The inside of the boat had completely changed since they were in last. The separate rooms that held red velvet benches with a large table in the middle had turned into luxurious suits, each persons name had been placed on a brass plaque and nailed to the door, indicating which was their room. The room the group now stood in worked as a common room with multiple red couches and chairs, tables, chess sets, and a grand fire place that, to Katya's surprise, had already been lit and sent a warm light through out the lower deck.

"It will be a long trip- captain predicts ten days at the least. Inside you room you will find you're personal belongings. When we get to Hogwarts we will be sleeping on the boat, but eating in their dining hall and attending their classes. Katya, you will be in charge of translating since you know the best english. I expect all of you to be on your best behavior, we will not be leaving Hogwarts viewed as a bunch of idiots. Aright, to bed with all of you." Igor said, and with that Katya opened the door next to Viktor's. A soft gasp escaped her lips as she walked into a room a lot bigger than what she expected. The room had high mahogany walls and floors with a huge round carpet in the middle. A large king bed rested on the wall opposite from the door. There was a fire place to the left of the bed and another door to the right. Katya walked curiously to the door and pushed it slightly to revel a large bathroom with a shower and a bathtub. Katya smiled to Vûlk who was already laying on the bed, watching her with excited eyes and she explored.

Katya laid in bed with a book she had brought about Hogwarts and read, turning pages with one hand while the other softly stroked the light grey fur of the animal who had fallen asleep hours ago. She didn't know what time it was but when Vûlk's deep voice interrupted her reading to tell her the sun was almost up she cursed throwing the book to the floor and rolled onto her stomach facing the fire that she used her mind to bring down to a low glow.

They arrived at Hogwarts exactly ten days later, and when the boat began to surface they each ran to their rooms to look out the small circular window that they usually only looked out to see deep creatures lurking along the boat. This time, they looked to see a large castle sitting on top of a cliff that met the lake they were now sailing in. A large man who was struggling with, what Katya assumed were the large winged horses of Beauxbaton, waved at the boat before walking around to the side, leading the horses.

"The plan!" Igor shouted causing everyone to enter the common room. "We will get dressed for the feast they have prepared for us and the other school as soon as I'm done talking. I want you all in your brown uniforms. When we enter the great hall we will enter like any event. Got it? Good, off we go."

Katya was ready wearing her brown leather pants, turtleneck, thigh high boots, brown leather coat that had a fur collar and a fur box hat that was placed over her long brown wavy hair. Walking out of her room she once again linked her arm through Viktor's. The school was huge. A prefect, who's name already slipped from Katya's memory led them up the hill and through a large set of wooden doors that once they had entered they could already hear a booming voice letting the Hogwarts students know about the new students that had just arrived.

Katya let Viktor lead her to the great hall where they met with the girls of Beauxbatons, who were standing around their very tall headmistress. Soon the doors opened for them and they began to twirl and sigh as they ran down the center isle. Katya smiled softly at Viktor who was making a funny face before looking down to Vûlk and patting his large head just as their schools name was called. Katya mimicked Viktor's harsh gaze that he fixed onto the front of the room from where they stood behind all of the other students. They walked quickly, following the other boys who were creating sparks with their walking sticks and fire with their mouths. Katya wanted to smile at the friends she had met at the Cup, but decided against it as she walked infront of Viktor and Karkaroff. Voices flooded the room with Viktor's name as the Hogwarts students laid eyes on him.

To Fred, he couldn't care less about Viktor storming down the aisle that set between his table and Ravenclaw's. To Fred, he was transfixed on Katya, who looked stunning as she held her hands in her pockets, her wolf sticking close to her heel.

"Welcome everyone, we are so please to have to here, find yourself a spot amongst these four tables, I highly recommend sitting by students you don't know. The whole purpose of this tournament really, is to meet students just like yourself." Dumbledore said after shaking hands with Igor.

Katya left her group who were starting to sit at the table she saw Malfoy at and looked for Hermoine, who was surrounded by the others she had met at the World Cup. Walking quickly, she took the seat next to Hermione smiling, which happened to be right across from Fred.

"You looked so intimidating walking down!" Ron said to Katya making her smile.

"It's Viktor's thing. He yells at me if I don't look at tough as him cause I makes him look soft." Katya answered, taking her hat off and setting it under her chair for Vûlk to rest his head on.

"How did you even get permission to bring him here?" Ron asked confused about the giant wolf sitting between Harry and Katya. Katya watched as Harry dropped a hand to stroke the wolf.

"It is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, Ron." Katya started. "Vûlk is my heart, and you wouldn't take someone's heart away." Katya smiled, joining the table as they laughed at the loud groan that escaped Vûlk's throat.

The feast lasted a lot longer than the normal Durmstrang feat would last, but Katya didn't mind. She spent the night talking with Hermione about potions and other things laughing when ever Fred would try to include himself, given as he didnt know anything about what it was they were talking about.

Katya watched as Fred bickered back and fourth with his twin, laughing at how truly funny they were. Every time Katya would laugh Fred would look at her, taking in her features as her eyes shut and she gained a little crinkle at the top of her nose. He'd wait till her eyes slowly opened so he could quickly catch a glimpse of her clear blue eyes, that always seemed so bright against her tanned skin. Katya knew he was staring, but didn't mind in the slightest bit. There was something different about the way Fred watched her. It reminded her of the way her father would watch her mother, which was very far from the way her classmates back home would stare at her.

Katya smiled softly at Fred, who nervously rubbed his hands, smiling at her before looking to his lap where his hands sat ringing themselves. Before any conversation could go on further, Professor Dumbledore caught every ones attention before explaining the new rules of the Tournament, which a majority of the students who were under the age of 17 groaned in response to. Viktor caught his sisters eyes from across the room and smile giving her a thumbs up since he had turned 17 six months ago.

After explaining the rules Dumbledore lifted a cloth that reviled what he introduced as the 'Goblet of Fire'. He explained how the goblet worked, told us when they could enter their names, and when the names would be drawn. It was all very exciting, and as soon as they were dismissed Katya met with her school and started to talk with them about the Tournament when Igor, who was leading the group suddenly stopped. Katya, who had been trying to ignore the one student she disliked the most of the group, Poliakoff, looked around him to see Harry, Ron and Hermione staring at Karkaroff, who was staring back.

Katya furrowed her thick eyebrows telling Poliakoff to shut up a few times before he hit her arm with the back of her hand.

"Its Harry Potter!" He said, one hand still hitting Katya gently as the other tried to wipe the food that he had spilt onto his robes off.

Katya walked forward to say something to get Igor to finally move forward but before she could say anything an old looking man with a fake eye and leg hobbled over to call Igor out. Katya couldn't quite hear what he had said since now Poliakoff started hitting her again saying 'Mad-Eye Moody" but Katya didn't need to hear because the look of pure terror crossed Karkaroff's face as he started to move.

"Sorry about that." Katya said to Harry. She waved one last time before leaving the hall and walking back out into the chilled darkness and onto the Boat where once again she curled up under the brown fur blanket, already planning what it was she would do the following day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 102 12
During the Quidditch World Cup, Ember Malfoy dismissed the thought of making eye contact with the ever so popular Viktor Krum. But him showing up at...
161 0 6
It was 3rd year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizarding, Harry didn't know he had a sister until a couple of month back, Severus Snape(Profess...
8.6K 320 36
Celia Diggory is the younger sister of Cedric Diggory. While her older brother is the most popular boy in the school, Celia has no friends and her go...
112K 3.3K 80
Diana Dursley turned 12 and her whole life flipped as she knew it once that Hogwarts letter arrived at her parent's doorsteps. After her family was f...