Two Different Worlds

ztupefyingly által

Romans 8:18 The pain you have been feeling cannot compare to the joy that is coming. Több

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4

Chapter 1

175 3 2
ztupefyingly által

I am Victoria. They call me Vic.

I'm not a girl. No, I'm actually a girl but not really. I mean, I'm a girl but not the typical one. I'm not the kind of teenager who goes out for shopping. I don't paint my nails. I don't like putting make up on my not-so-pretty face. I prefer watching sports and horror/action movies than to waste my time crying over romantic films and all that. I'm simple. Short hair, blah blah. Damn, I don't even have a boyfriend.

I reckon you understand me now, I'm not a girly girl.

But not until he came into my life. Not until I met him.

Boy, you started messing up with my feelings. You made me act like a total girl. I am Vic but to you, I am Tori.

----------------------

Saturday, an ordinary day, I'm all alone at the coffee shop, trying to kill some time. I was supposed to meet my friend Margot today but earlier this morning, I received a text from her saying that she had to cancel our plan.

Now here I am, a lone wolf, sipping awkwardly from my cup of coffee.

I am seated in a table for two that is near the glass window so I could clearly see the outside. I saw a cute guy passing by, take note, a cute guy.

ASDFHHKSLALSLFJKGGS

DID I SAY CUTE?!

Nah. I didn't.

I stand up as I finish my last sip. I grabbed my small bag and walked out of the shop. All of a sudden, heavy rain came pouring down. Running as fast as I can, I headed to the lot where I parked my car and hopped in. I was about to leave when someone knocked on my window. The cute guy is knocking on my window. I noticed that he's-- I'm not sure-- I think he's crying. But I can't really tell because the rainwater keeps pouring on him.

That's when it hit me. He's wet and soaking. Maybe I could help him. I rolled the window down. "How may I help you, sir?"

"Hey, um, I- I really need your help. Um, don't worry! I'm harmless. I'm not a rapist! I'm not gonna hurt you and I'm definitely not gonna kill you!" He's panting and sobbing. With that, I could actually tell that he's crying. He looks nervous and worried at the same time so I didn't hesitate to unlock the door.

"Hop in."
"I just need a ride." He said, gulping.
"I know, come in."

He got in the car and now everything's wet. Gosh, what am I doing? Letting a stranger ride with me?! I'm losing my mind.

"Where to?" I asked him.
"What?" He asked back.
"I said, where am I taking you?"
"Ah, sorry. Um, please take me to the, uh, hospital. I need to be there." He's obviously catching his breath.

"You okay there?" I'm trying to be a concerned citizen. He looked at me, like a lost puppy, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I'm just worried about my sister. She's not okay."

I nodded.
Silence covered the whole car.

Now that we both are not speaking, I thought to myself, I've never done this, I've never helped a stranger before.

What if he's up to something bad? What if he's just playing make-believe and then later, he's gonna kill me? I have trust issues! This is sooo not me.

No, no, no. Scratch that. I can handle myself. I can handle myself. I ca--

"Hey." He muttered. He's talking to someone on the phone. "I'm glad she's okay now-- yeah, I'm on my way." He ended the call and turned to look at me.

He started speaking, "My sister's okay now. Thank you. Thank you so much. I appreciate your effort more than I can express."

I smile as I tell him "Yeah, sure. It's fine. What happened to your sister, by the way?"

"Well, let's put it this way, her heart isn't healthy."

"Oh, I see. Sorry about that."
"Don't say sorry." He laughed. Weirdo.

We arrived at the hospital and he's about to leave now. "Again, thank you! Thank you so much!"

"Don't mention it. I hope your sister's fine now." I told him and he thanked me once again. He waved at me and started taking his steps towards the hospital entrance and before I realise it, he's walking back to me and my little car.

I rolled my window down, "Did you forget something?" I asked.

"Um, yes."
"What is it?"
"Your name."
"What?"
"I forgot to ask your name." He said once again.
"Ah, tell me yours first and then I'll tell you mine." I uttered.
"Fine. The name's Tyler. Tyler Torres."
"Mine is Victoria Galang. Call me Tori."

Who the fuck is Tori?! Why did I say Tori? I am Vic, not Tori! I've lost my senses! I'm drained!

"Oh. Beautiful, see you around." He told me and I was confused.
"Around?" I asked him.

"Yeah, if I'm not mistaken, we're in the same school. I think I've seen you there." He retorted.

"Really?! You're from LaSalle?" I cried.
"Yeah. See ya there." With that, he bid his last goodbye and I drove myself home.

----------------------

Sunday afternoon, Margot and I decided to resume our plan. We're meeting at the same old coffee shop. Our favorite getaway.

I arrived at 2pm. Now it's 2:30 and where the hell is she? What's taking her so long? This is very unusual.

"Vic!" Hearing that voice, I already knew who it is.
"You're late!" I accused Margot.
"I know, I know. I'm sorry!" She insincerely apologized. Best friends are best friends, ya know.

"Explain yourself now." I demanded.
"Fine, fine. Just keep your chill, will you?" She started explaining, "Yesterday, I canceled our plan, remember? I was at the school gym. I asked about the tryouts for the women's volleyball team! We're gonna be there, Vic! We have to be there!"

"What?!" I lost my chill. Margot and I used to play volleyball back in highschool but we stopped when we got in LaSalle for college. I've always wanted to join the LaSalle team and play for the university but I never had the guts.

"Yes, beshie! I wanted to surprise you! We both miss doing this! Back to start, beshie. Tryouts! It's gonna be fun! Fun! Fun!" She exclaimed.

Feeling all excited and happy, I wholeheartedly hugged Margot.

----------------------

We got ourselves ready for the tryouts and made our way to Taft.

The school gym is crowded right now. Are they all interested about getting into the team?

While waiting for the tryouts to begin, I saw Margot applying lip tint on her lips. I never knew she does this kind of thing. I looked at her blankly and she just shrugged.

"Where's Margot and what did you do to her?" I joked.

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes.

The crowd started getting wild and loud as some guys enter the gym. The men's basketball team, I reckon.

Right then and there, I noticed that the students here are mostly girls. So, they are here because of the basketball team? Not because of the tryouts? Oh. What's new?

A few minutes later..

"Tori?" I heard someone called from the back.

"Tori?" That voice again, it sounds familiar.
"Tori!" The voice is now beside me, waving right at my face.

"Tyler! It's you!"
"I thought you forgot me already," he laughed, "because I've been calling your name for the nth time!"

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't realise that you were calling out for me!" I explained.

He was about to open his mouth when someone screamed his name, full name.

"TYLER TORRES!"

All eyes on him, on us.

He was taken aback. I looked at Tyler's face. His expression is priceless. I tried to look away to keep myself from laughing.

"YOU'RE LATE AGAIN!" Hearing that made me realise that the angry voice is not just an angry voice. He's the coach of the men's basketball team. Which means, Tyler is a member of the team?

Tyler poked me and whispered "See ya around." Smiling, he then rushed his way to where the team is seated. Some other girls inside the gym are glaring at me as if I did a crime.

"Tori? Who the hell is Tori? Where's Vic and what did you do to her?" Margot's voice, "Tori who? Explain yourself now, beshie." She demanded.

Wow. She's throwing all my words back at my face.

"Chill. I'll tell you later. After the tryouts." I retorted.

----------------------

We got in, Margot and I. We made it to the team. It was a very tiring Sunday but come night time, over the phone, Margot still insisted to know the story behind me (Tori me, not Vic me) meeting Tyler Torres. I told her every bit of the story and from hearing her voice, I could tell that her face is crumpled. She's still wondering how I got the nerve to let a stranger ride with me but that's not the point here. She's even more confused about the the fact that I called Tyler a stranger.

"I mean, you never knew Tyler? When you gave him a ride yesterday, you didn't know who he was?! How is that possible? Everyone knows him!" She cried.

I defended myself, "You know me, Margot. I'm not socially inclined. I don't care if someone's famous or not. If I don't know the person, I don't know the person. Period."

I heard her laugh from the other line.

"Keep laughing." I tell her. She just won't stop teasing me.

We spent another 30 minutes talking about getting in the team, about Tyler, about getting in the team again, about Vic becoming Tori, and about getting in the team once more.

Since we're now part of the women's volleyball team, our trainings will begin tomorrow. This is going to be a hectic schedule for Margot and I but I know we'll enjoy this.

Right after Margot ended the call, I immediately changed into my pajamas and now I'm off to sleep.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

85.7K 4.8K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
117K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
344K 16.6K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
134K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...