Adopting the Bad Boy

By jade775

When mum and dad sat us down and said they were adopting, me and my two brothers were shocked, we are all in... More

1- Adopting?
2~ Welcome to the family
3~ School
4~What Zach Thinks
5- Run ins with Evil
6- Kisses
7- The "Boyfriend"
8- He punched who!!!
9// "I want to help you"
10//Bad Boy
11//"I have to do this"
12// Stop!
13// "What do you mean she's not in a good place?"
14// Family Night
16// "Summer's missing!"
17// Troubled new guy
18// Parting with the New Guy
19// A little game I like to call, Never Have I Ever
20// "I came to Talk to You."
21// What if she doesn't love me back?
22// You are too cute!
23// What is your heart telling you?
24// Let Him go back to His Drugs & Girls
25// I'm sorry, I can't help myself
26// Please put your clothes on!
27// You think you're the only one with a little problem?
28//May I Have This Dance
29// Soon we'll make our baby again
30// The Plan
31// Really Life Is Great
32// Son, We will Get Her Back

15// Hospitals

1K 46 3
By jade775

Summer

There was a man or a woman, I don't know I couldn't tell, but it was just standing there in the dark corner looking at me. I was all alone, no Zach, just me and the black shadow in the corner. I pretend to be asleep but it's hard when my breathing gets quick and I cant help it. The shadow moves and the extremely tall figure comes out of the darkness. I still cant tell who it is even as it steps closer and closer and just as it's about to grab me, I scream.

"Summer!" I hear a voice.

"Summer open your eyes." I hear the voice again. I probably blacked out from screaming. My body starts to shake and I peel my eyes open and look up to see Zach.

"Finally your awake, you were screaming, did you have a nightmare?" He questions looking over me.

"It was only a dream?" I say more to myself and let out a sigh of relief.

"It was only a dream." Zach repeats.

"What's the time?" I ask.

"Seven." He say casually.

"Why am I always sleeping in lately?" I question more to myself.

"Ok get ready for school we are leaving in an hour." Zach says exiting the room.

I get in and out of the shower as fast as I can cause it takes me forever to find an outfit for school. When I get out I walk to my wardrobe and I decided to go very casual. Since the cold weather has started to set in I wear jeans, with a jumper saying 'just do it later,' I wore minty blue vans and I throw my hair up in a bun. I moved to makeup and decided to only put on mascara but I poke myself in the eye making my eyes water causing mascara to go everywhere. I wipe all the black away from my face and throw my glasses on because my contacts have mascara all over them.

I walk down stairs and into the the kitchen. Zach is sat at the breakfast bar with mum and dad and he was kinda tense.

"Hey guys." I say announcing my presents.

"Good morning princess. Wow, I haven't seen you in glasses in so long." Dad replies.

"That's because I never wear them." I reply, for once my answer isn't 'because you're never home.'

I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and by the time I'm finished, it's time to leave. Zach and I get in the car, just the two of us because apparently Jayden and Greyson left earlier.

"You look cute with glasses." Zach randomly states as we drive out of the driveway.

"Shut up, don't lie to me." I say playfully slapping his arm.

"No I'm serious, you look cute with glasses, pinky promise." He held out his pinky while keeping the other hand on the wheel.

"Fine." I say wrapping my pinky around his.

We drive in silence the rest of the way to school and when we arrive there is a big crowd out the front of school. I hop out of the car as quick as possible to see what all the ruckus is about. I could feel Zach hot on my heels as I almost run to the large crowd. I could hear cheering and shouting, it is just a whole load of noise. I managed to get through the crowd to see what was happening. Greyson and Chase were fighting and no one was going down without a fight.

"Zach please go break it up." I say turning to him with pleading eyes.

"Ok stay here," He says pushing through and pulling Grey away. In that moment Chase's fist connects with Zach's jaw and I know it isn't going to end well.

I run into the middle of the circle after Zach sends a punch to Chase's jaw.

"STOP!" I scream but that is it, it's like it goes in slow motion as my body falls to the floor and everything turns black.

~~~~~~~~

Zach'a POV

I freeze, everyone freezes. It happened to fast for anyone to stop it and now she is just lying on the ground not moving. I am the first to move, falling to my knees and crouching next to her.

"Hey Blue, come on Blue please wake up, come on," I whisper to only her but no doubt everyone can hear me because of how quiet it is.

"Goddamnit Summer wake up!" I shout this time, my voice roaring and I see people taking a step back.

"Someone call an ambulance!" I shout when she doesn't wake up.

"They are on their way," Someone from the crowd replies.

"This is your fault! It is always your fault! This isn't the first time she has been hurt because of you!" I say each word taking a step closer to Chase.

"Leave it Zach, not now, not here," Jayden says coming up behind me.

Sirens are heard and people start to clear away, school completely forgotten. Chase goes to run but I stop him.

"You aren't going anywhere," I say grabbing his shirt.

"Zach she's going pale and she still isn't breathing!" Greyson shouts over the noise.

I let go of Chase, completely forgetting about him and I run over to Summer's still body.

"Keep breathing Summer," I whisper. Wait I haven't even checked her pulse, what if she isn't breathing. I place to fingers to her neck and hold them there, I'm unable to find a pulse anywhere, goddammit it's taking so long for the ambulance.

I take no chances and I start CPR remembering what to do from my lifesaving course I did when I was a lot younger. I run through it in my head, 30 compressions and 2 breaths.

As I tilt her head back opening her mouth and pinching her nose I'm interrupted.

"I'll do the breaths Zach." Ariel steps forward and blows into Summers mouth once, then twice. "Quick continue the compressions." She says stepping back from Summer.

Why did Ariel butt in and stop me from doing the breaths?

Finally after what feels like years the ambulance pull up.

"What happened?" They question as they approach us.

"Who cares what happened! Just get her to the hospital already!" I shout becoming very anxious.

"Ok calm down," the guy says.

"Your telling me to calm down? Well maybe I will be calm once she's in a hospital and when I'm told she will be alright!" I scream.

The paramedics lift Summer onto the bed and she is wheeled into the van.

"Zach go with her!" Grey shouts running to his car.

I hop in the back of the ambulance and we are off, speeding down the road. We arrive at the hospital and everything is so fast after that. She is taken into a room and we aren't allowed in. I continue to pace around the waiting room as they take tests because I just can't sit down.

It seems like hours before we hear any news and I'm freaking what if it's really serious what if-

"Summer Young." My attention changes to the doctor that stands in the waiting room looking around. I run up to him slowly but fast.

"Is she ok?" I rush to ask.

"Young man please calm down and let me explain." The doctor responds. I follow the doctor down the hall closely followed by Jayden and Greyson.

"Ok so Summer was hit very hard in the temple and she is lucky to be in a stable condition, she is going to be ok. She is still unconscious and we don't know how long she will be out but all is going well so far. It could have been worse." The doctor explains and a huge weight feels like it's been lifted off my shoulders.

That Chase kid is going to get his head kicked in by me personally.

I've lost to many people I care about and he is lucky I haven't lost her.

___________________

Thank you all so much for reading once again, it means so much when you vote and comment, love y'all xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 123K 49
(Previously known as Mr vs Miss Delinquent) Dylan, turned to me slowly before kneeling and collecting my books, when he stood back up he was welcomed...
159K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
14.8K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
30.5K 709 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...