Ahkmenrah: The Fourth King of...

By HackedByAWriter

He was prepared to say his last prayer. But the blow never came. Instead his saw the Nubian fall to the groun... More

Cast
Copywright
Prologue
Chapter 1: Race
Chapter 2: Wrath of the Pharaoh
Chapter 3: Banquet
Chapter 4: The Tablet
Chapter 5: Fair "Maiden"
Chapter 6: The Heirs
Chapter 7: Three Ways To Kill A King
Chapter 8: Cobra
Chapter 9: The Knife
Chapter 10: Poison
Chapter 11: Sea Storm
Chapter 12: Big Brother
Chapter 13: Self Defense
Chapter 14: Crocodile Tears
Chapter 15: Resurrection
Chapter 16: Long Live the King
Chapter 17: Dreams of Serpents and Victory
Chapter 18: The Storm Has come
Chapter 19: Being Reckless
Chapter 20: Fear Silence and Secrecy
Chapter 21: The Crown of the Nile
Chapter 22: The First Flash of Lightning
Chapter 23: Dark Horse
Chapter 24: Ramses the Great
Chapter 25: Wild
Chapter 26: Learning of Sargon
Chapter 27: Keeping the Peace
Chapter 28: The Messenger
Chapter 29: The First Blow
Chapter 30: Man, Woman and Child
Chapter 31: Remembering
Chapter 32: Nightmares
Chapter 33: Threads of Mortals
Chapter 34: This War
Chapter 35: Martyrs
Chapter 36: Have Faith
Chapter 37: The Most Spectacular Fashion
Chapter 38: Fight Song
Chapter 39: Blood Gold and Lions
Chapter 40: Conquered
Chapter 41: Defiance
Chapter 42: New Hope
Chapter 43: Phase One
Chapter 44: Vengeance
Chapter 45: Most Dangerous Job
Chapter 46: Thirst and Hunger
Chapter 47: A Promise
Chapter 48: Return of the White Lioness
Chapter 49: Thirteen
Chapter 50: Hathor and Sekhmet
Chapter 51: Fame and Glory
Chapter 52: Pain
Chapter 53: Life and Death
Chapter 55: Death March
Chapter 56: Lies
Chapter 57: Tears
Chapter 58: Rogues of the Nile
CHapter 59: Embody
Chapter 60: Heated Moments
Chapter 61: Food is Power
Chapter 62: Love and Hurt
Chapter 63: Raging Hearts, Nervous Smiles and Sentimental Slop
Chapter 64: Shattered Rain
Chapter 65: Strangeness and Honor
Chapter 66: Old is Gold
Chapter 67: Flesh and Bone
Chapter 68: Heartless
Chapter 69: Scars to her Beauty
Chapter 70: Love's Labours
Chapter 71: And This
Chapter 72: A Race
Chapter 73: Guardian
Chapter 74: Knives in Hearts
Chapter 75: The Plummet
Chapter 76: Method and Madness
Chapter 77: War Against Love
Chapter 78: Monster
Chapter 79: Blind Fools and Thieves
Chapter 80: To Kill A King
Chapter 81: A Clash of Swords
Chapter 82: The Truth of Kings
Chapter 83: The Plunge
Chapter 84: Of Whores and Mothers
Chapter 85: Fire and Water
Chapter 86: The Winged Soul
Chapter 87: The Smile
Chapter 88: The Throne
Chapter 89: Threads of Silence
Chapter 90: Racing the Sun
Chapter 91: Queen
Chapter 92: Exile
Chapter 93: Gifts
Chapter 94:
Chapter 95: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 96: Queen Slayer
Chapter 97: An Ambrosia of Ashes
Epilogue 1/3 - The Stories of Our Lives
Epilogue 2/3 - Who Would Want to Live Forever?
Epilogue 3/3 - King of Kings

Chapter 54: The In Between

243 18 20
By HackedByAWriter

He heard the shouts and scream. Exclamations of surprise, of horror filled the air ringing in his ears. The sword clattered at his feet, he could feel the coolness of the metal despite the heat of the day. Kahmunrah opened his eyes and saw chaos. People, the ones forced to watch, trying to rush over to help? To rebel? He wasn't sure. The guards pushing them back. Some people were on the floor, he could already see two dead.

What could have caused such an outburst? His own death? But he didn't feel dead. Unless...

He turned. His executioner was dead, an arrow through his neck. On further inspection something was scratched on to the wood of the arrow. Thinking quickly he picked the sword from his feet and cut the roped tied around his wrists. Despite his weakened state he jumped to his feet, sword in hand and approached the dead executioner. He drew the arrow from the man's neck. It was slick with blood.

The scratching were hardly perceptible, only to be noticed by sharp eyes. In hieroglyphs it said:

Your Reflection

Kahmunrah smiled. Ismara, she had shot the arrow. He turned to see a flash of white cloth disappearing from the top a building.

Where no one else could save them, not only them but hope. She had done so. For killing them symbolised the killing of hope and she had presented them with hope.

Ismara the Mother of Hope. He thought. No realising how true that statement would become one day.

Suddenly he was thrown of balance, without breath he stumbled to the ground. He stumbled, quickly spun around still clutching both sword and arrow in his hands. The sword felt strange and unbalanced in his hand. He saw the man that called their names for execution.

"You're not getting away so easily" he exclaimed through gritted teeth.

The Sumerian man attacked. Kahmunrah blocked as best as he could. He ended up successful and braced himself for the next move. An almighty battle ensued between them two. Though it was obvious Kahmunrah was losing. With the strength he had left he kicked the man's knees, making him collapse to the floor. His knees were broken and he was unable to get up.

Kahmunrah turned away from the man, dizzy out of breath. Suddenly he felt something pulling at his legs.

Be wary of the injured tiger. For he may strike out. His father had told him those word, a long time ago. He remembered it now.

He felt himself falling to the floor.

He succumbed to darkness before his body fell.

----------------------------

Sabra was by his side in an instant. She helped untie the rope around his wrists as Kahmunrah picked up the sword to cut his own bonds. A sense of relief washed over him seeing his brother alive and feeling his wrists being freed.

"Did you shoot the arrow?" asked Ahkmenrah.

Sabra shook her head. "No...and I don't who did it but I'm grateful for them."

She then motioned for them to follow out of the din of battle that had started between the guards and Sabra's army. Ahkmenrah and Sabaf wanted to help the fight or at least help the women and children out, but they were as defenseless as newborn babes. They needed to get out, besides there was more of a chance that they would be killed if they fought and the army's efforts will be in vain. As they ran to safety Ahkmenrah hoped that Kahmunrah would follow close behind.

After a few minutes Ahkmenrah turned seeing that there was no Kahmunrah following from behind he realised Kahmunrah was in grave danger. Ahkmenrah turned back.

"AHK!" Sabra cried. She couldn't afford to lose him again; neither can the rest of Egypt. This would all be in vain if they died. But she stayed where she was she had a job to do and that was to lead the people back to their homes or hiding places safely. Sabaf merely sighed and shook his head before rushing after Ahkmenrah.

Once Ahkmenrah arrived he saw the Sumerian man who called out their names for execution reaching out for his sword in order to finish off the unconscious Kahmunrah. Ahkmenrah cried out. The Sumerian man was startled, but before he could turn around Ahkmenrah lashed out and tackled him to the ground, delivering blows. Power coursed through his body and he knew the power of the Tablet was helping. When he was sure the man was unconscious or dead Ahkmenrah got off him and went to his brother.

But whatever strength had possessed him then had left him now; he tried to lift his brother's unconscious body from the floor. Pulling at his arms and torso Ahkmenrah tried to heave him away but he could only move him a few inches before his muscles were over strained.

He let out a frustrated scream but he tried again. And he failed. He tried again for the third time. He wasn't going leave his brother. This time he felt the weight lift slightly and he turned to see Sabaf helping him lift Kahmunrah. With silent look, a look of understanding and Kahmunrah between them they ran to safety.

--------------------------------

Once they reached the old tomb Kahmunrah was taken away for healing and Sabra immediately walked up to Ahkmenrah. He thought they would talk, maybe he would tell her how much he missed her.

But he was met with a slap to face. The sound of her hand connecting with his cheek resonated through the hallways. Luckily not many people were there to witness it.

"You idiot! You fool! You bastard!" she shouted. "Do you realise how much I went through to save your sorry ass! And what do you do? You run off!"

"I had save Kahmun!"

"Montu was already there. You blind stupid son of a jackal! Next time I swear I'm going to tie you up, and knock you unconscious to make sure you don't escape."

"I love you too." He answered jokingly.

Sabra's face softened slightly at his witty remark. Something ached in her heart. He hadn't been like this in a long time. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest. This sent waves of pleasure through his body. He returned her embrace and pulled her closer to him when he felt her body shake with sobs.

Ahkmenrah knew this was seriously crossing the line between friendship and something more, at least that's how people would perceive it. For him, he knew it was the closest he will probably get to her. He savored every moment.

She pulled away and wiped away her tears.

"Sorry..." she said "It's been a rough few days."

Ahkmenrah understood completely, especially with Kain's death, it must have been hard for her, almost as hard as it was for him.

"For someone who is usually stone faced it's kind of refreshing to see some emotion. Kain's death affected us all."

She let a sad smile escape her before she turned she said "Get healed and changed. You're barely wearing anything."

Then Ahkmenrah did something he never thought he'd do after he broke off with Ismara. He flirted. "No wander you couldn't resist being close to me."

Sabra shook her head and muttered "Bastard."

Ahkmenrah left with a smile on his face.

----------------------------------

Ahkmenrah sat beside him as his brother lay there, in a feverish sleep. He held on to his hand as if it were his own life that was slipping away. He prayed, prayed that he would return. Any smile, or whim had left him now and he concentrated fully on praying. For him to come back to him alive and well.

He'd been sitting in this position for many days, watching his brother battling death. First it was the concern of the loss of blood, but then the infection had set in, putting him in much graver danger.

Kahmunrah was slipping in and out of fevered dreams, blending vividly with reality. Ahkmenrah knew exactly what he was going through. He had experienced it himself when he had stupidly drunk himself beyond his limits.

"We need you..." he whispered. "I need you..."

-------------------------------

Kahmunrah was hanging in the greys. The line between darkness and light. Between black and white. The region between life and death.

The grey swirled around him, through his fingers toes, analyzing him, assessing him. Trying to decipher whether he should die or live. There was coolness, its fingers tracing every part of his body. Inside and out. Briefly there were splashed of color, and in that moment Kahmunrah could swear he saw a magnificent image of Anubis himself decked in rich robes, holding golden weapons which he could not find the name for. Flames surrounded him. He stoof beside a scale with a bloody heart upon it. Kahmunrah knew the heart was his own. The jackal face frowned and growled as it assessed the weighting of heart.

"You still have much to learn" he told Kahmunrah.

Then he disappeared.

The grey left him.

The coolness left him.

He knew Death had let him go.

Death would not be so kind or merciful next time.

-----------------------------

Yes guys KAHMUNRAH IS NOT DEAD. I know it was cruel of me, but to compensate I'll let you know the mains aren't going to die anytime soon. :D

So how did you find it. How did you like it?

Thanks you for 22k. Dedicated to Satanwillrise_ for her comments. Remember to vote comment and tell me what you think.

Who's hyped for Mr. Robot? Have guys checked out Rami with his Jesus beard photos?

See ya next week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108 32 21
"Dare you to say another word about my brothers and you will see how a woman can bury a bald man like you alive while doing her nails." She said with...
5K 303 24
Dragons of Egypt Book 1 Being an average teen didn't come easy for Eldwin Carmichael. He spent most of his days with his nose in a history book, keep...
52.3K 1.4K 40
"It says here you were born in 1776?" Larry Daley read the old brown sheet of paper in front of him. Rowena just smiled, but her eyes said more. "Tha...
1.7K 145 40
Through thick and thin the Law shall prevail. A new sense of purpose awaits us, children of light, in the land where it all began. The darkness in wh...