Hostages (Book 2)

Autorstwa nanaedc

Which Bond Can Heal The Constantly Breaking Girl? The Completed Book 2 in the Aria Serrano Trilogies. ****Who... Więcej

Hostages (Book 2)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
The Dinner Of Truth
*Mature 16+* Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Cast

Chapter 43

42 1 0
Autorstwa nanaedc

*slightly more mature*

My eyes swept over the sentence-- over the command, over and over and over again. It didn't make sense. Why was such a command in Theo's office when he doesn't do business such as being a hitman and he already sent Zachary off to his lethal fate. And who's the ' 3 of them '?

"Why didn't you decipher the ' 3 '?" I asked looking up at Tyler briefly.

"That's what it was. I could of turned the 3 into the word ' three '," he shrugged "but the three is part of the message."

All the questions and irrational answers filled my head when two main emotions started to seem fit for this situation, I shot up from my chair to motion for them to come inside the café and you could guess who was the first person. Niall stood right beside me when I handed him the napkin.

We have to think, from what we know is that Naomi was supposed to die that night. Along with Theodore whereas me and Tim wasn't to be harmed, that paper has to be linked to that ambush. Or else why would they still have it and why does it feel like their connected? Always follow your instincts in scenarios like these, remember that. So. . . Theodore is 1 and Naomi is 2. Who's the third?

"This makes no freaking sense!" Naomi yelled and threw her hand in the air.

Everyone read it by now.

"Did you decode it right?" Niall smartly asked Tyler who still seemed chilled.

"Yes. It was sloppy penmanship which tells you someone wrote it down quickly but I'm positive that I worded everything as it says in those numbers." He answered and sat his cup far away from him, probably finishing its contents.

"Well no one knows what this means! We drove here just for a riddle to decode into another riddle!" Naomi went on with her rant making me roll my eyes.

"No. Theodore was supposed to die right?" Harry rhetorically asked.

"Which he did." Tyler answered for everyone.

"But Tim wasn't." Louis and Liam stated in unintentional unison.

"So that's one." Zayn said.

It went silent for a few seconds. My mind was moving close to 100 miles a minute, if that's even a thing but I was making progress.

"And Koby said that Nia was supposed to die that night too, for that drug she took." Harry remembered, having Tyler shoot up a brow.

"Koby? Koby Donoghue?"

"Yeah, you more than likely know him." Zachary spoke for the first time since we've been here as he raked a hand through his mildly long hair.

"So that's two. Maybe? We could be going at this all wrong!" Niall wasn't as yelling as Naomi but he showed his frustration.

Tyler leaned his elbows on the table. "Actually I think you can be on to something. Theodre was 1 and Naomi was 2. Now who's the third?"

"Zachary. It mentions him being alive, they could have planned to kill him that night as well." Louis said as he turned to Zach who shook his head.

"It couldn't have. Donoghue said that there was already a plan made for me."

"To kidnap Aria." Niall mumbled with his lip between his teeth.

"Why take her just to kill me in the end? That first bit of the message was clearly for something else."

How did they even know he was alive? My head started to pound and beep with all the thinking going on so I leaned on the back of my chair as I pulled at the roots of my hair, piecing the puzzle together. There wasn't any one else aside from the two T's, me and Naomi that everyone finds so intriguing to put a bullet in. I then started to pull that encounter with Bradley into the mental mix, the one who confessed to having part in that mini war.

My eyes just searched the crowd as I fumbled with my own lip.

"There was no one else in that house that night though, none that mattered." Naomi finally spoke rationally in this tight situation.

"What do you mean by ' none that mattered '?" Tyler asked then twisted his spine to look at her.

"The guys' were there that night beside Tim, Theo, me and Ari and Zachary." She clarified to him.

But--

"That fight happened on the same day everyone was together. In one house." Tyler started to think aloud "They wanted to take Aria and only get rid of Theodore and Naomi. . If they wanted that then why do it with you six there?" Tyler pointed to the men in the group.

"Why have witnesses, celebrity meaning popular witnesses. They could have wanted Zachary to witness the abduction of Aria. .and he's linked. He's now attached to the topic of Serrano's because his affection towards Aria," I kept my eyes on Tyler as I felt two stares into the side of my head. He was on to something.

"And for them to risk doing it in front of five BIG somebodies then. . ."

. .oh my God. .

"It's one of you." Tyler finished.

"What?" Someone asked.

"How long have y'all known the twins?"

"A few years now."

Tyler shrugged. "So you could most likely be linked as well."

"No. Wait, wait. How could the third be one of us?"

"I don't know but if they did it with you 5 in the house then more than likely, one of you was a target. They wouldn't have so much witnesses by will, we're dealing with professionals obviously."

"But they're pop stars. Celebrities, like you said. Why would they be a victim in whatever this is?"

My boss was the one who ordered it to happen.

"They are celebrities but they're still people. One of you might have had a past with them, something that made you a target."

My eyes widened and my breath got caught in my throat, I rose my posture as it all began to sink in.

"Looks like Aria figured it out."

"We need to go." I suddenly said after Tyler's statement.

All eyes fell on me as I started to breath heavy and my eyes stung. This can't be true.

"What is it?" Someone asked but I didn't listen.

Instead, I turned to Tyler.

"Thank you for all your help, for the drink and wonderful memories of my parents but we have to go." I quickly said to him.

"I understand. I'm glad I was able to help Tims' best girls. But Aria," He then pushed out his chair and walked, swift for an elder, to me and whispered "Remember this name; Killian. Okay? Don't forget it."

I didn't give myself time to digest what he said as I turned on my heel before a hand held my forearm, turning me back.

"Why? What's wrong, Aria? What do you know?"

I shook my head and tore out their grip. "Nothing, we have to get in the car."

I begun turning my head and looking at our surroundings, everything seemed so eerie now. The air was foggy as I inhaled and I felt like their was a sniper looking through the windows.

"We have to go!" That sniper thought scared me even further.

"We have to go, let's go." I didn't wait for a response before I grabbed whoever I could and tugged them to the front door. I pushed them out into the sunlight, scurrying across the street. Everybody's eyebrows seemed furrowed as they climbed in to the car which I made sure I was the last one to. I slammed the door shut then climbed to the back and sat on the end, gazing outside. I tugged at my hair and but furiously on my lip.

I hate Niall.

I'm so close to getting it.

Bradley played in my head. I clamped my lips together to stop any sobs that might appear and continued to look forward, trying to block out my loud subconscious.

My boss was the one who ordered it to happen.

I joined the illegal side of employment. . .

This can't be true. Why does my life have to be filled with so much danger and grief? Why does everyone that I begin to like and enjoy their company, leaves? They always leave. There's never been someone always there, I never had a forever someone.

Not the same eyes look at me from birth to now, not the same face that took up majority of my memories, not the same voice to coach and comfort me. Not the same arms to hold me through dark and great times. They always leave! If all that's gonna happen then why like anybody? Why love anybody if no one else in the world seems to care long enough to make sure that the person stays with you forever.

I feel like I feel something real with him. The butterflies, the blush, the flush feeling, the emotional intoxication. . I feel it all with him. I only read about it in books and watched romance movies but they seemed to have been telling the truth, you actually feel those things with a person and that's why there always that statement: then don't let them go in very novel and movie. Why do they say such though when its out of your hands? When you don't control whether or not he stays.

I'm losing so many people in such a short time, I'm losing everything. My sister, my parents, my birth parents, Zachary, and now Niall. Why is everything like this?

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the car stopped. My eyebrows frowned as I looked through the glass and saw that we were surrounded by trees and open land, we're not supposed to be here? I turned towards the inside of the car and saw I was the only occupant with all the doors ajar, I slid to the aisle and walked out the car then hopped on my feet.

"What are y'all doing?"

Everyone was just standing there doing absolutely nothing.

"You have to tell us what you know, Aria." My eyes snapped to Zayn.

"You're acting off."

I slowly began to shake my head, we're wasting time. We're out in the open, so exposed.

"Tyler said that one of us is a target. Do you know which one of us it is?" Harry careful asking, gesturing with his hands.

"It doesn't matter. Can we get back in the car now?" A lump began to lodge in my throat at the trees moving mysteriously, Niall can't leave me so soon. Not while I'm just realizing it and sure as hell not while I'm standing right in front of him.

"No Aria, you need to tell us what's going on!"

"No I don't, now--"

"Aria."

"No, okay!? I don't have to tell you. Why? Because it isn't going to happen! No ones gonna get hurt. Naomi will stay safe, I will get better, we will find who did this to Timothy, Zachary won't leave me and you five will be fine. You won't be harmed," I started to shake my head harder when my lip wobbled and my tears gave out "Everyone will be okay because I won't let them hurt him. He stays with me. . . he can't get hurt. He won't leave me too."

Just admitting it out loud overwhelmed me but it's true. I won't let them get to hi. They had their chance when we never crossed paths, I found him now so their opportunity to kill him passed. I hugged my arms to my body as my cries became audible, being out in this open space caused me great anxiety. If they just left it alone I wouldn't be crying like this! My chest heaved so much that it began to hurt just when I rose my hands to my hair then I realize that this is partly my fault. If I listened to my gut and stayed away from Niall I wouldn't feel so down about never seeing him again.

"No one's gonna get hurt." I quietly told myself, though I'm sure they heard. I then turned to look at their shocked, pity, and sad faces.

" He's gonna be fine." I told them through my tears, nodding my head all the while.

I chucked my heels through the soft ground and grabbed Niall's and Harry's hand. "So let's get back in the car and out of the open."

They obliged as I pulled them back to car and released Harrys' hand but tugged Niall back to his seat, I sat next to him this time and lifted his arm to nuzzle into his side and wrap the arm around my shoulders. My head rested on his shoulder as I coached myself to sleep.

Niall stays with me.

Niall can't get hurt.

Niall won't leave me too.

I won't lose Niall.

He's. . . .

~~

I woke up in bed this time and with the shampoo, aftershave and cologne, I knew that it was Niall's bed. I refuse to sit up away from his pillow so I tugged the blanket closer to my chin and closed my eyes tighter. From what feelings go, I'm still in my jeans and crop top but my heels went somewhere. I started to move back and forth, trying to rock myself back to sleep when I heard feet pad into the room making me still when they sat at the edge of the bed. They were silent, wasn't moving and I felt a stare burning into my face. My eyes twitched as I reluctantly opened them to where they settled on Niall instantly, he stayed silent and observed my face that still hasn't lifted from the pillow.

"How's your waist?"

My eyebrows formed a ' V '.

"Fine?" I answered with another question because that was a random question to ask. He nodded in acknowledgment before talking again.

"You can't do that to yourself ever again, you know that right?"

I pondered on nothing before slowly nodding my head and looking away.

"We probably should stitch it up. So it could have a chance to heal under the BandAid." Niall mumbled. I then looked at him.

"You're not still worrying about it right? You shouldn't be worried about it."

"I'm going to be, against your best efforts." He shrugged it off, making me sigh heavily.

We held our stares afterwards and instead of me thinking that he was trying to read me (because he specifically said he wouldn't anymore) I began to like this moment. To have him sitting next to me, safe and looking at me with the blue hypnotic eyes. To have him here with me and out of danger at the time, we're safe in the confinements of this suite because no one knows we're here. He's here, meaning he's safe. And sometimes that's all you ever need.

"What time is it?" I ask, changing the subject and glancing up and out the window.

"Takeout was just ordered so around 6."

~~

"What did I just drink?"

"It's a tranquilizer, it took the intoxication from you. . Well most of it, anyway." I hear Niall reply to my party self while looking in my dilated eyes.

"Why aren't you enjoying yourself? Do you always slouch in chairs at parties?"

"I do enjoy myself at parties, mainly in girls' company. I just don't have a feeling of being around any girl right now. . . except you." Niall again answered me with annoyance in his tone then began downing his drink.

His blond hair was messily done and his skin glowed as the fire illuminated off of him. He wore a multi blue colored, button up shirt with dark jeans as he drank whatever was in his cup. It made his blood pump faster therefore brightening his gorgeous blue eyes. Everything went in a blur one second then the next, Niall was in front of me. Holding my arms to the reclining chair I'm in and watching my face.

"Are you trying to ignore me Aria?" Niall's intimidated voice spoke to me, rattling my bones and causing goosebumps to rise on my hot skin.

His eyes bored into mine, shielding any thoughts or emotions that he has but was stirring my own. Confusing me by not knowing what exactly am I feeling in this moment. And if it couldn't get anymore confusing, I pushed my head forward and pressed our pink lips together.

Immediately, I felt shock flow off of Niall and onto me but then it was replaced by warmth and security once his large hands cupped my face and tilted his head to avoid our noses nudging us apart even the slightest. His lips dominated mine in an instant the second I gave him access to roam my mouth, surrendering my lips to his assault.

What happened? I watched my surroundings morph into some thing smaller, and more quieter. I looked down at my figure to see my dress was replaced with a towel.

"Why were you crying?"

I spun quickly on my heel to look at the bed where Niall was sitting, with a picture in his hand. His attire changed into a solid blue shirt and jeans, his feet sported socks.

"Don't make me repeat myself Aria." Niall's voice echoed around me again when I didn't answer.

That sentence was so foreign but familiar at the same time. He rose from the mattress with his eyes on me and set the frame back on the nightstand, he then started to approach me. I thought the fear I was feeling was stopping me from speaking but I did.

"I'm tearing because I just apologized for something I didn't have anything to do with. For you that might sound petty but to me that's a big deal."

His perfect smile showed as he got his answer. "It's a big deal for me too, that means that you're changing and I'm finally breaking you." His eyes averted to my hair and his hands found their way to the ends.

"All you have to do is listen to what people tell you, apologize for things that deserves an apology whether you did it or not, answer when spoken to, and use ' yes ' and ' no ' when someone older than you asks a question. Do that and I'll leave you alone because my job is done, I broke you."

"You will never get the satisfaction. I didn't give my bullies it, I'm not giving Zachary it and you more s*it than they are combined."

Niall's lips turned into a sicken smirk before his face dropped altogether and a stinging sensation spread throughout my entire face. My face flew to the side from the impact before he gripped my chin tightly and made me face him.

"I'm very good at what I do sweetheart, you're mine and I will break you." Niall spat before his lips crashed on my smushed ones and my back collided roughly with the wall behind me.

Pretty weird, right? Well, that was my dream. Last night. That's what I dreamt about. Oddly, it felt familiar. Like a Déjà Vú kind of feeling and after thinking of it, after brushing my teeth and washing my face, lying awake next to the same guy from yesterday, it does ring a bell.

Fire, alcohol, Niall's intimidating voice. . . The bonfire. That's why it was so familiar, because it was a memory in the form of a dream. And then the last bit, was in an entirely different scenery. First off I wasn't dressed and I was in front of him, secondly it was in mine and Naomi's room, thirdly his dominate scary side was on full display and lastly, he kissed me. That shocks me to be honest.

Why would he kiss someone he hates? Why would he kiss me of all people? That was a memory also because there's a foggy Déjà Vú surrounding that as well. I don't know why I had that dream or why my head wanted me to remember it but I know he did, for an unknown reason to me. My body shuddered at remembering his authoritive voice and that impact from that hit, to feel that past it kinda makes me think if that Niall is still here. . . But I know he's not. This Niall and that Niall are different.

But I can't shake that hold he had around my neck, that slap to my cheek nor the danger behind his voice.

"What's wrong?"

My eyes lifted up from the bed and to Niall who probably saw that shiver overtake my body. I pursed my lips, unsure if I should tell him.

He noticed the hesitation just for him to give me no choice. "A penny for your thoughts."

Why did I agree to that again?

I tried to stall. "When can I get the penny?" I asked with slight humor.

"My wallet's behind you."

Then he rose his brows expecting me to answer his first question.

I sighed. He already blames himself for my cuts and the last thing I should do is remind him of what he used to do.

"Remember when you wanted me to remember a time back at your house when you helped me find some clothes to wear?"

"Yeah." He answered in a state of a question, sensing my hesitation in telling him this.

"Well I remembered."

Niall's face then stretched into a big smile before he hid it.

"It was in my dream last night, along with. . ." I couldn't look at him as the thoughts surfaced again.

"Don't make me repeat myself Aria."

". . . I broke you."

"All you have to do is listen to what people tell you to do. ."

"That's for cursing which is something I specifically told you not to do. ."

". . And I will break you."

"Along with what?" The worry in his sentence wavered his voice and it only made me not want to see what it looked like.

"You kissed me but before that. . you. . ." I trialed off again.

"You remembered that part?" Niall asked, already knowing what I was going to say.

I nodded. "I felt that part." I glanced sideways before looking back up at his face. Exactly what I thought was there, was there.

The regret, the sadness, the hurt and so commonly, the anger.

"I still don't know why you kissed me," I shrugged, trying to change the mood "Just like I don't know why you did it the first time, when we were overly freaking out about my attempt to hack NASA."

Niall fell silent while he was in thought and it crushed me to know that I was the fault behind it. It's not like I think any different of him, and its not like I take back my forgiveness. I was bound to remember something from our past but it doesn't affect me. .as much because this Niall, the one lying in front of me, the one who showed emotions more than he used to, makes me want to savor and make memories with him. Not his past self. His vibrant eyes connected with my dull ones instantly pulling me in a trance.

His hand moved up from beside him and to my face where he slowly made a ' C ' around my ear, sweeping hair behind it while tingling my face with electricity. His hand lingered on the back of my jawbone and if we weren't so close already I wouldn't have noticed he got even closer. His head proceeded to lean closer raising from his arm that was on his pillow, I knew it was wrong when it happened yesterday and I know it's wrong right now but all I did is looked innocently up at him. He was an ant length away when I thought my eyes deceived me when I saw a grin play on his lips before he connected them with mine.

You can tell I'm in to deep when my eyes fluttered shut.

I brought my lips further on his just as he tilted his head and slid his hand to the back of my neck. My memory was screaming of the horrible times I had with Niall and they controlled some of my emotions by presenting fear and pain in my veins, he moved his body closer to mine before supporting himself up on one knee and swung it to the other to my other hip. My lips parted and I was immediately met with the crisp taste of the mouthwash he used as our tongues tied up like a chain, his hands slid down my sides, lower than appropriate and slipped under the cotton material of Louis' shirt. I felt my blood boil when he slid his hand torturously slow up my thighs and grab a firm grip of my hips, just above my underwear waistline. I tried to pay attention to the kiss as the skin contact caused me to almost faint from the heat that engulfed my body.

Niall's hands made my skin flushed and they weren't even moving. This was so wrong but feels far from it. A itch began in the back of my head in frustration. My body sparked again with electricity when his hands continued their voyage up and he deepened the kiss, and I was at his complete disposal because I couldn't think straight or function properly. And it made things worse when one of his hands came near my damaged waist side and a second or two later he rubbed the side of his thumb back and forth over the bandage.

It was too soothing to just be a gentle gesture and so soothing that it washed over my being, literally rocking it roughly and taking away every emotion. My closed eyes flinched and my nose sounded a soft whimper as he kept delivering the notion, his thumb slowed its already slow pace as he silently parted from the kiss leaving both of us heavily needing air. Slight anger flashed over me for him stopping. He held my bare hips again then lifted up, hovering over me. I sheepishly looked up at him, noticing he was watching me intently then a huge smile displays on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked not above a whisper, still trying to gain my breath.

My eyes switched between his when he didn't answer but kept the smile and shine in his eyes.

"I have to leave."

It took a second for those words to settle in my recovering mind and my heart accelerated.

"What?" I unintentionally put emphasis on the word and my voice accidentally raised a little.

I didn't think he noticed though. "I have to go to the mall, its has the closet workshop."

Niall can't leave. Why is he leaving? His life is in danger, he can't leave me. His smile slowly started to falter when he saw the worried, scared expression on my face.

"This is affecting you more than I thought it would." Niall softly said.

"Why do you have to leave?" I said, cautiously.

His smile fully disappeared as he pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth. "I. .can't tell you. But its not far from here."

My eyebrows furrowed before they shot up and hope took over. "Who's going with you?"

If he's not alone then its a good chance that he will be safe.

His face continued to show confusion, "No one. I'm going by myself."

But he can't. . What if he gets hurt? What if he doesn't come back and his death is on the news tomorrow? What if he gets kidnapped!?

Niall pushed my lowered chin up making me look in his eyes as his brows furrowed when he searched my face. "Why do you look so worried?"

I can't tell him what I know, cause then he'll ask how I know.

"How long are you going to be gone?" I ignored his question and anticipated on his next answer. I could time him and give myself a piece of mind.

"Two. .three hours tops."

My shoulders slumped. That's a long time. But he probably wouldn't listen if I told him to stay, and he might suspect something if I did ask. It would sound clingy and as if I look at him in a different light than everyone knows. A lump formed in my throat as fear settled in my heart, pumping it throughout my entire body.

"Okay. Be safe."

The bedroom door opened making me glance at it as Zayn walked in and looked at the pair of us, luckily we had most of our bodies under the blanket. Niall looked behind him for a second then ignored the glares and looks from Zayn to focus back on me, the suspicion and confusion was on his dangerous features was there as he stared at me for a long while. Then he bit on his lip again, pushed himself up and off the bed, walking out the door.

I sighed.

~~~~

These minutes feels like my lifetime. The clock is purposely moving slow to aggravate me, but I guess that's how it goes. If you sit in front of a clock, not peeling your eyes off the numbers then it would feel slow when its actually not. Cause that's what I'm doing and it's irritating, it feels like hours pass before the next minute gets here. It could be possible that this clock is broken and if that's the case then I don't know how long Niall has been gone!

I groaned loudly in frustration then fell back on the bed. Niall's signature scent wrapped around me, bringing me back to hopefully not the last moment we shared together. I look up at the ceiling as the feeling of his hands on my waist comes to mind, his skin abnormally hot on my skin, practically melting me. His kisses are. .controlling considering that he took and kept the lead in every one that we shared. It left me following behind his steps as he dominated me.

The skin to skin contact was a crazy feeling, I mean. . I was practically exposed in front of him! And I know this sounds crazy, but, I felt my lower region ache when he stopped. When he broke the kiss and ceased the soothing gesture to my waist, it upsetted me that he stopped for no particular reason. And it angered me that he had such a hold, because as far as I'm concerned no one else held such a thing with regards to me. I wanted him to go further-- for us to do more than just kissing.

I don't even know what it is that I'm doing but I actually wanted him to go further, and it frustrates me when he didn't. This obviously shows that my feelings for Niall has grown and I'll stop. .whatever this is, soon. I. .just don't know when. I laid in silence for who knows how long since the clock is probably broke then I hear a high female voice that wasn't Naomi's.

"Where is she!?"

My eyebrows frowned when I slowly sat up. I pushed to the rim of the bed then hopped on the ground, walking through the hallway and stopping at the entrance of the living room, my eyes going wide.

"Penelope?"

She spun to the sound of my voice and confirmed it. The woman in front of me with leather jeans, black and red stilettos and a white blouse was Penelope. And I can just guess why she's here. She looked livid just as Brandon was and her face changed shade which could of been noticed far away since her pin straight hair was pulled up in a tight ponytail. She stood still and my eyes drifted to her hands that began to ball by her side, she was also silent while she looked at me so I decided to take the first step.

"What's wrong? Why are you here?" I carefully asked so I didn't strike a already worked up nerve.

Her eyes squinted at me and her body shook with emotion before she yelled, "What is wrong with you!?"

Had a feeling that's why she's here. She clicked over to me and reached down to grab my wrist then yanked me to the couch, she sat down then forced me on the other side. She was nearly glaring at me.

"What happened between you and Zachary?"

I sighed. "I think he already told you the majority of it."

"Yeah well, tell me about the part where you made fun of his past."

I heaved a hand through my hair. "I didn't make fun of it," I shrugged "I just merely pointed it out. .it was for the best Penelope."

"The best!? Do you have any idea how he feels about you? Or do you look past the stalking, daydreaming, your abduction, and the fact that he went to jail for a disorder you are in the center of? It's a stupid idea that you would do this Aria and you probably have no idea how much its affecting Zachary!"

"I've seen. .how much it has." I quietly said.

"Then how could you say it's for the best?" She tilted her head as she asked.

"Because I ended it before things got to serious--"

"Things were already serious!" Penelope pointed out as she threw her hands in the air.

"With regards to me!" I started to get worked all over again and I had my reasons for this separation, I don't need her yelling at me when she only has half the story.

"I stopped things before it got to far and I started to actually like Zachary. I care about him, yes, and I like him a lot, yes. But I can't love him."

"You can't or you won't?" She sounded like she didn't believe me.

I retreated my head from my hands. "I can't because he'll get hurt," I looked at her "They always get hurt. It might hurt him now but I rather that than later."

It's really selfish of me to love people when I know its fatal to their existence.

Her face softened some before she asked her next question. "Why'd you do it?"

I couldn't hold her stare so I sighed and looked forward. I couldn't tell her the actual answer, I already know how that situation works; you tell somebody then that person or someone else dies.

"It's because of Niall isn't it?"

"What? No." Why do people keep thinking that?!

"Everyone thinks me and Niall are like secret lovers or something, we're barely friends." It was true, I wouldn't call whatever we're doing friendship.

I glanced at her to see her face showing the ' who do you think I am ' look.

"Aria you smell like a guys cologne, you're wearing a guys shirt and I bet your even sleeping with the guy."

I slowly narrowed my eyes at her. Which ' sleeping with ' is she referring to? First Zayn and now her. She sensed my accusation and rolled her eyes.

"Not in that way. There's to many people in this room for that to even take place." She clarified, making me shrug my eyebrows and look down.

That wouldn't matter because no one heard me and Zachary.

Probably shouldn't have told you that.

Silence overtook us for a bit.

"Why does everyone think of me and Niall like that?" I asked her, looking up from the hem of my shirt that was between my fingers. I was hoping she would know the answer. Are they seeing something I'm not or something I'm trying to hide?

She lightly sighed. "Me and the other two noticed the chemistry between you two. And who wouldn't go after to him," She isn't wrong "And who wouldn't go after you?"

After everything I have endured, from the lies, the abuse, the betrayal. . I would say who would go after me? Since everyone in my life either left or used me.

"I don't know Aria. .are you sure your reason has nothing to do with Niall?" She cautiously looked my way.

In a sense, on Bradley's end, it has something to do with Niall. But I'm only doing this to protect Zachary.

"I'm positive."

I held her gaze when she started to speak again. "You have to get back with Zachary."

My eyes slightly widened. "No."

No way.

She rub her hands over her face and groaned. "You have to Aria, what you're doing right now is tearing him. He isn't acting right. He's snapping at every thing, he's a crying mess, and he can't even drive correctly without taking his anger out on the road."

The words settled in my head and I felt my heart sink. This is exactly what Bradley wanted, an unstable Zachary and he was right, that I was the one who could cause it. If only Zach knew why I truly did this then he wouldn't be acting this way, I didn't mean anything I said. I don't care about anything his past holds, he changed when he met me and that's all that matters. And now he's probably killing people and getting into car accidents. Bradley wanted me to break up with Zachary, and I did. But I will also try to keep him stable, who knows, maybe I have that ability too.

"Can I see him?" I asked, turning to Penelope.

She was surprised that I asked that but I needed to see him in order for it to work. And this could get my mind off the clock, I could go and see Zacahary then get back in time when Niall does.

Penelope stumbled on her words but eventually spit them out. "I don't think that's a good idea. He'll shoot me if I take you out of the security of this hotel."

I frowned. "How is this hotel secured?"

"The people he has watching you." She quickly answer with her head down, just for her to pick it up and widen her eyes "You wasn't supposed to know that."

That doesn't even surprise me. She looked at me then sighed and slumped her shoulders.

"I'd rather fix him. . I'll take you."

I smiled and jumped off the couch, running to min--Zachary's room. I quickly threw on magenta colored tank top that had ruffles feathering the top front of it and a mini skirt, I grabbed ankle boots again to prevent being hot in this scorching heat Brokewood had then ran out the room while running my hands through my hair to make it look presentable. When we were in Penelope's fast moving car (alot like Zachary's) I asked her a question that out worked my brain.

"When we were at my house, was there anyone else above aside from you and Brandon?" I turned from the window to her.

"No." She answered sharply and I just thought that she was still upset about this whole ordeal so I left her alone.

When we pulled up to the house I didn't have time to gawk at the outside since Penelope was quick to walk in the house. We walked to a elevator and I watched her press a button then we silently waited for the contraption to reach its designated floor, we stepped out on floor 15 and I tried to keep up with her quick strides. Everything looked modern although I barely stopped to see, gray and red. Glass front desks, biometric locks and there was barely any walls, just all glass. We kept walking past all the doors until we came across a steel one with a circle window on it, she pushed through as I followed behind her and sweat and faint cologne hit my senses.

As I looked at the weights, punching bags, and I hope play fights, I concluded that this was a gym. My eyes swept briefly over the shirtless men until a head of long blonde hair caught my sight, I jumped slightly when Penelope took my hand and walked in regular pace in Zachary's direction. I kept my eyes forward when many eyes raked over me repeatedly. My eyebrows scrunched up when we were earshot of Zach's heated conversation with one of the men in front of him and when his hands balled and raised I yanked my hand from Penelope's and jogged to him.

"Zachary, don't!"

His fist stopped mid swing and his bare back tensed, he hesitated to turn but forced his self and shock and heartbreak casted over his face. I stopped in front of him only slightly having to catch my breath.

"What-- how are you here?" His voice changed from the booming one used seconds ago to barely having one at all.

"Penelope brought me, I asked to see you."

My eyes flickered behind him to where that guy was still standing and I forced against a cringe when he bit his lip and swept his eyes over me more than once, I probably should of thought against the skirt. Zachary looked at my face before following my eyes. His jaw tightened instantly and his hands fisted again when he landed a punch before I could blink, I jumped as a gasp left my lips when the guy hit the concrete ground below us. Zachary hotly turned around and took my wrist, pulling me with him out of the gym. He took us to a conference room then released my hand and paced the room, I brought my wrist in my grasp and started to rub the skin that surely will have a mark after being tugged on over and over.

My chin lifted as I looked from the ceiling and down the walls of the beautiful room, he never showed me where he does his line of business so this was all new to me. But he sure had an eye for interior decorating. When my curious eyes took in the place I accidentally looked at Zachary to find him no longer pacing, but watching me. I'm a horrible person at what I did to him and I only wish I could turn back time. But instead of changing my encounter with Bradley, I would take back Zachary ever seeing that newspaper article of me and my tragic parents' end. That way he wouldn't fall for me and I wouldn't be in this position. I didn't know that my feet carried me over to him until his faint cologne scent hit me, I looked down and away from his troubling face then my eyes saw his hand. It was red after punching that guy and when I took it and flipped it over, his knuckles were grazed with a miniscule amount of blood coming out. It made me sigh when he turned his hands and interlocked our fingers. I don't know why but my stomach stayed still and my body was numb at the gesture.

"You're still so beautiful." He whispered.

I shyly lifted my chin to look in his eyes, didn't he see me yesterday? He pulled me into his glistening chest and wrapped his arms incredibly tight around my waist, I didn't think about the sweat on his body and just hugged him back while resting my chin on his shoulder, having to stand on my tippy toes to do so. Zachary pressed our chest together before effortlessly taking me off my feet and setting me on the table, he then pulled back and lowered his head, staring at my crossed legs.

"Why are you here?" He softly asked which made my heart crush at the sight of what I did.

"Penelope said you weren't feeling well, so I came to see if I could help." I answered in the same defeated tone.

Zachary's hand rested on my leg and his finger traced imaginary shapes in my bare thigh. The deal was strictly to break things off with Zach and I couldn't give him mixed signals so I kept my hands by my sides, gripping the rim of the table and not in his hair where I was tempted to put them.

"I'm sorry Aria. I'm so sorry for hurting you." Zachary never apologizes. . "I pushed you away instead of heeding to their advice."

Who is he talking about? He looked up with his foggy green eyes and I immediately bit my lip in between my teeth to stop from crying then and there. He then moved his face closer to mine and rested our foreheads together, his breaths hit my lips as he looked from them to my eyes.

"I love you," He looked back down at my lips just when I felt his palms glide up my legs.

"I love you so much."

Then he held my face in his hands and surprised me when he kissed me. My eyes widened while his closed and my hands pressed on his chest, feeling his heartbeat, trying to push him off. I didn't kiss back and my request of him to stop was muffled by his lips, I fought against his efforts but failed to pull us apart. I couldn't kiss back. I can't give him mixed signals and I have no idea if Bradley knows what's happening right now. Zachary didn't push it any further than a kiss and when he pulled back my face still stayed shocked but he just kept his eyes on my lips.

"I can't believe I lost you to him." He whispered.

"You lost me to no one." I managed to correct him through my shock.

"You smell like him. And I smelled it on you before."

I tensed at him knowing what went on behind his back. His eyes held pain, so much of it and I didn't think that I could hold my tears for much longer. I felt myself cracking.

"They told me if I didn't treat you better then you would leave me. . I didn't think you would." He continued to say as he glided his hands down my back and interlocked his fingers at the small of it.

This was getting way to touchy and I needed to keep my composure. So I brought my hands behind me and tried to pry Zach's hands apart, but he saw what I was doing and only made it a harder task than it needed to be.

"Zachary." I warned him.

"I miss you. I miss your curvy presence beside me, I miss your open lipstick tube beside the combs, I miss kissing you before I leave--"

"Let go of me Zachary." I tried my absolute best to ignore his words but I already had the sting in my eyes.

"Why did you have to leave?. . . Why'd you leave!?"

I jumped and flinched in my seat as his voice reached every corner of the room and my head snapped towards him. His eyes flared with spoken emotions and that just about did it for me, just as someone from afar said:

"Let go of her, Zachary."

I didn't want to cry in front of him because I have no idea what excuse I'm gonna use. But now, that was history because the hot tears rolled down my face as I sat still as a statue, he watched the tears race down my face before listening to Brandon and stepping back.

Who knew a break up that you officiated could be so hard?

I hastily wiped my face as Brandon walked over to us, not happy with my appearance.

"What are you doing here?"

I sighed a shaky breath finished with my tears. "I came to see how Zachary was doing."

"Well he's doing great. Since, you know, you left him for Niall." He sarcastically stated.

I narrowed my eyes at his words and didn't know what overpowered me when I yelled.

"Why does everyone keep saying that!?" They both seem taken back by the outburst.

"Niall doesn't even like me that way!"

I watched as both men narrowed their eyes and Brandon walked till he stood beside his cousin. My eyebrows furrowed at their minute long stares when Zachary suddenly whispered:

"You're not lying."

Of course I'm not lying, I don't know what gave y'all the accusation that me and Niall was together.

Maybe the cologne stain on your skin that day, my conscious yelled.

Brandon's face then turned sympathetic. Slightly. Slowly and softer than before, he said, "Aria, I'd say that Niall comes neck and neck with how much Zachary likes you."

At that I immediately shook my head. "No. I would know, I would see it."

Again Zachary whispered, before I even finished, "No you wouldn't."

Then he turned to Brandon. "I told you she didn't know about his feelings for her."

"Yeah so now it re brings up the question on why she really did leave."

"How can you not see he likes you?" Brandon looked back at me.

"Because he doesn't."

"You don't see even a smidge of something. . .?" I looked at Brandon the same way and he added "You can't be this naive."

And what's with people saying that about me too!? I don't know what you would call our kisses but that's under the category of Niall and his twisted mind games-- old twisted mind games, but he doesn't like me. And definitely not to the extent of Zachary's. If Niall does like me-- or loves me, which I know he doesn't -- then I will go on for the rest of my life agreeing with everyone about my naivety.

"It doesn't matter. I'm not hear to talk about Niall." I mutter then ran hand through my hair.

"Zachary you can't be as reckless as Penelope says you've been. Not only are you jeopardizing others safety but your own as well."

"I'm not being reckless." Zachary said like a child.

"Emotionally driving? Sleep deprived? Fights? That's recklessness, Zachary." I counted off my fingers, finally gaining my voice.

I sighed. "I know that its my fault on why your like that but believe it or not, what I did is best."

"Are you sleep deprived? Did you hear what you just said?" His face started to turn angry as he pointed at me and took half a step forward.

"I can't explain it to you without you saying its ' bizarre '."

"That's because it is absurd, do you even know what love is? Do you what it feels like?" He asked.

I didn't answer since my obvious discomfort on the topic of love, its the same as talking about death.

Zachary took my silence as no. "It's never ' best ' to separate from the one you love, Aria. And when you do, you should only expect ' recklessness '."

But if you knew my two reasons why I so shamelessly tore your heart from your chest. . .

I don't want to know what it feels like to love anymore. I thought I did with Jason and I did love my family, both times ended horribly. They all loved me and where are they now? Dead.

"My love for you Aria is better than words. I can't even show you how much I love you but it's like," my eyes lifted up to his while he shrugged and his lips frowned "Forget it. You're acting you didn't want it. Like the years we've known each other. .you only saw them as another relationship. That nothing was special. .and now you're telling me c-crushing me was for the better? And how I should live my life when you-- the woman I chose to hold so dear to my heart-- rejected me?"

I didn't reject you.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say at hearing his voice crack and the anger evaporate into thin air.

He then sighed. "I don't want your apology. You, yourself, is all I ask for."

My head turned to face the side for I couldn't tell that that wasn't possible, but silence sometimes hurt more than words because seconds after he stormed out the room and I closed my eyes to prevent looking at him.

"I'll have Penelope drive you back."

I heaved a deep breath. The ride back was silent which I should of never came in the first place because it was a failed mission and I probably only hurt him more, it makes me heartless when I have those makeout sessions right after I became a replica of Jason. But I can't deny that being with Niall makes everything seem fine, like nothing is going wrong. And he's addicting which I'm sure most of the female population can concur. We're like kerosene to a flame, I shouldn't feel this way about him but its inevitable because kerosene is automatically drawn to fire.

His arms and eyes take away all the stress I feel, his voice secures me in a perfect bubble that only stays intact when he's around, and his lips. . .makes me feel wanted. More than anyone. And I know I shouldn't but I love it all. I like every minute I spend with him even when we're not talking, it doesn't get boring and never is it awkward. I savor those mute moments the most, actually. Where he's just there. No arguments and no intense stares.

My heart is bipolar. I roll my eyes at how often and drastic it changes.

I hope Niall's okay.

I got out the car without a word, slamming the door and walking into the hotel lobby. My heels clicked loudly on the polished floor and when I pressed the button to call the elevator, my name was called, I turned to the voice and my heart swelled in relief when my eyes landed on the brunette man I was just thinking about. When Niall caught up to me the elevator door was just opening so we both stepped in at the same time and he pressed the penthouse level.

"Why were you in the lobby? Alone." He asked me when the door slowly slid close with us its only passengers.

I hugged my arms to my chest and leaned in a corner far from Niall. "I went to see Zachary."

He left it at that and he didn't even acknowledge my response. My eyes scanned over his attire consisting of a gray Tee and his normal black jeans, his feet had the normal converses as well. But his quiff lost its volume, now it only looked messily styled. His head was craned up not looking at anything in specific with his hands in his front pocket, except his thumbs then I noticed the plastic bag hanging on his wrist. He bought something from a workshop. I think. Slowly his neck went to its normal position and his head turned to my direction but he never looked at me, the dial beeped as the floors past us and the background music was the only voices within the square box.

I was in the process of looking at the bright contrast his skin gave against his dark clothes when my eyes landed on his face and his waiting ocean eyes connected to my dull, tired brown ones. I quickly looked away and down at my shoes, hastily swiped some hair behind my ear, then the feeling of my stomach in my throat was felt signaling that we stopped then the doors opened. I jumped slightly and looked up when new doors behind me opened, forgot those were there. I stepped out first and walked to our door but had to wait for Niall since he had the key card. He motioned for me to step in first and I immediately turned to the kitchen, I went in the fridge and took out two Yoplait yogurt cups and snatched a spoon before turning to the island.

I slid into a stool and started eating my problems away. Key lime pie and Strawberry cheesecake. I started with the green one when two people walked in and took seats across from me. Please leave me alone.

"Where were you today?" A british accent asked me and looked through my lashes, falling on Zayn and Louis.

I swallowed the low fat snack and went back for another spoon. "Zachary's."

I kept my answer short just as my thoughts started to affect me.

"With Niall?"

That, I didn't answer. What kind of question is that? Knowing they hate each other and I rather not have to clean anymore faces.

Silence right now wasn't the best for me but that was what took place before a few seconds past and I snapped at Louis's words:

"Can I ask. . .why are you still sleeping in Niall's room?"

"You know why!" My head snapped to face them when I made the ironic correction that they both knew what I tried hiding.

"You both know!" I felt my eyes sting out of pure anger, frustration, sadness, and failure.

They obviously noticed the gloss over my eyes and couldn't even utter a syllable before a tear fell and rolled quickly down my face. I made a screw up of my life, and now I'm crying for it. I'm paying for it. At least a fraction of it. I stabbed through the yogurt and ran both hands through the roots of my hair, I silently cried since causing noise makes me realize even more why I'm crying.

"Aria. . ." Louis trailed off while his band mate kept quiet (Zayn probably should), and I tellin you that Zayn told Louis what he saw this morning.

"I can't say I know what you're feeling and I can't say how to deal with it, because I don't know. But I can tell that you have been really down lately and for you, that isn't good."

Probably referring to my depression. I mentally rolled my eyes; it's past tense. Let it go.

"You have to find what started you to feel this way and let it go, even if you think its the best thing to happen to you. You've been crying alot and you broke up with Zachary." He locked stares with me "I'm asking as someone who really cares about you, get rid of anything that's overwhelming you. Good or bad. And take time to yourself."

Does he know what he's asking of me? If I did that. .then I won't have happiness. And if I don't have that?. . . I'll go insane all over again. My face was emotionless as I took in his words and decided to talk with them, after all, no one wants me to keep things so bundled up.

"I really like him." I whispered to Louis and he took the assumption on who I was talking about.

He searched my face probably to see if I was drunk or took something because I never admitted my feelings before. At least not to him.

"Should you?" He asked in the same tone but threw me off.

Should I? Why shouldn't I?. . .My eyes widened. Does he know?

"What?"

Louis then shook his head. "Don't over think it, just please do what I said."

But now I can't get what you said out my head. I nodded and looked down at my cold snack. Get rid of any overwhelmed things? Firstly, the air we breath in this suite is 50% overwhelms. And secondly I can't get rid of everything. I can't-- won't let go of Niall, that'll hurt us both. It'll hurt him because he wanted a friendship between us and you already know why it'll hurt me. I had to lose Zachary, I won't lose Niall too. And if I tell him that this ' friendship ' can't go on then. . .he'll probably turn into a Zachary.

But maybe it would be best if you think about it. What we're doing is wrong, it has been since it started. And yes me and Zachary aren't together anymore but we was when me and Niall kissed for the first time and I feel like Zach deserves. . .justice. Like me and Niall shouldn't even be as close as we are because we had to go behind Zachary's back in order for it to happen. I cheated on him (whether I like the way that sounds or not) and after we broke up, the least I could do is end whatever was done behind his back. But saying goodbye to the comfort Niall gives can't be a simple ' we can't do this anymore ' because that didn't work the first time, in order for me to make what's right. . .I'll have to go back to never talking to Niall.

My heart clenches at the thought.

Another example on how I know I'm in to deep.

I'll have to break my promise I gave him and never acknowledge him again. It'll be the only way to follow what Louis said and to give justice to Zachary. But I see myself crying even more if I do this.

I looked back up to Louis as sadness again crept in my heart, it'll be another face I'll have to hurt.

He sympathetically smiled my way and slowly took the empty yogurt cups from my hands.

"You should sleep." He softly told then suddenly exhaustion washed over me.

I got up and out without a word and when I came out the hallway bathroom after changing into Louis' shirt that I left in Zach's room, I paced to Niall's room. I walked in to find him in his bed with a hand propped behind his head with the other raised holding his phone, more than likely tweeting something, in a new tank top and sweats. I didn't say a word to him as I crawled under the blanket and rested majority of my upper half on his chest, a hand of mine rested loosely near my face as I shut my eyes. I laid there fixated on falling asleep when his arm snaked around me from behind and he lightly ran his fingers up and down my arm, tickling me and knocking me into a needed sleep.

And I never woke up.

*************

Till the next episode!?

She's not dead. And don't worry, Assassin won't be as confusing with regards to Aria and who she wants to be with. . .hopefully. What do you think she was going to say before she fell asleep in the car? And does she know if the old Niall is still there? Ahhh!! I freaking love writing these Aiall moments,TBH. I really do. And has anyone caught the slip-up when they went back to the Serrano house? All Aiall haters will love the next chapter, and all readers will probably hate the next chapter. . . As well as me.

10,497 words...

Aiall! Yes!?

Zaria! Yes?!

ENJOY!?

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...