It's Hard Being in Love With...

By lollyyypop112

Sequel to I think I'm in Love with a Malfoy...It's Lily Potter's seventh year at Hogwarts and her relationshi... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 1

62.9K 1K 352
By lollyyypop112

It’s Hard Being in Love with a Malfoy

So this is the sequel to ‘I think I’m in Love with a Malfoy.’ So if you haven’t read it...GO READ IT!!!! I have tried to give a bit of background information, but if it doesn’t make sense, don’t say I didn’t warn you!! =P

p.s the song written isn’t mine...No credit taken for that. 

OTHERWISE Enjoy!

Chapter One

Lily’s POV

I fiddled with the sleeves of my robes whilst gazing out the window at all the fields and countryside dashing by. One year left...just one year. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved Hogwarts, I mean who wouldn’t? But if I had to choose between Hogwarts and spending time with Scorpius, it would have to be the latter. Not that he or my parents would ever let me do such thing. 

Scorpius Malfoy. How do I begin to describe such a fine specimen of man? Messy golden hair and gorgeous blue-grey eyes as well as the perfect gentleman...and that dazzling smile! 

I cast my mind back to exactly two years ago. I was sat in this exact space listening to Crystal talking about prefect duties, which co-incidentally was what I was about to do to another bunch of prefects. I plucked nervously at the Head Girl badge tapered next to the Gryffindor crest on my robes. I was never one for speaking in public, always hated it. Even speaking to a small group freaked me out. 

“Lily?” my cousin Hugo slid open the compartment door. He had also been made Head Boy, thank god. He was amazing at talking, if you know what I mean. It was as if he didn’t suffer from nerves at all. “Everyone’s about to turn up, what are we going to say to them?”

“What are you going to say to them,” I replied, wracking my brains, which were still preoccupied with Scorpius and thoughts of the summer. One year...you survived last year...you can do one more year, I reminded myself. 

“Just tell them what Crystal told us. About taking first years up to dorms after the feast, and about night patrols and all that? Maybe?” I offered, sinking down onto one of the plush train seats.

He laughed and shook his head, “you want me to do all the talking?” 

“That’s fine with me,” I smiled innocently. 

He just rolled his eyes and settled down on the seat next to me waiting for the rest of the prefects to join. “So how was your summer, you know I hardly saw you over the whole two months,” he said. “Since you got together with Scorpius you don’t have time for us anymore,” he pouted slightly making me laugh which in turn made him chuckle. “Nah, I’m joking, well...only slightly.”

“Awww, I’m sorry is someone feeling left out?” I teased poking him in the shoulder. He cringed away raising an eyebrow.

“No! I would rather not get involved with your relationship...Merlin knows what you get up to!”

I gasped and felt the heat rush to my cheeks, poking him more “For your information I’m still a virgin thank you very much!” Though thinking about it, things had got very close over the past few weeks. Like earlier this morning for instance we had gotten into an argument over breakfast, ending like all our fights...with a steamy make out session. But no further. Not that either of us would have minded. I mean I wanted him just as he wanted me, but I had thought it best if we wait a while, especially whilst I was still coming and going from Hogwarts. I felt the corners of my lips lift at the fact that Scorpius was willing to wait, then realised that I must have looked like an idiot just sitting there smiling to myself. 

“Seriously?” 

I looked at Hugo who was staring at me, his jaw almost grazing the floor. “I’m sorry, what?” I asked.

“You haven’t done the deed yet?” 

I shook my head, looking somewhat puzzled, “why are you so surprised?”

“I’m-umm,” he spluttered, his ears going slightly pink “It’s just, he’s Scorpius...you know a Malfoy. I would’ve expected...especially since it’s been over a year...” he trailed off. 

I giggled at his embarrassed expression, “Thank you Hugo. I didn’t really need to be reminded off my boyfriend’s ‘playerish’ ways. But I think he really has changed. He said he’ll wait until I’m ready...and I mean I’m only seventeen, there’s plenty of time.

“He must really be in love with you,” Hugo murmured smiling. “I’m happy for you, but, ummm...yeah. Well I’m glad we’ve cleared that up. Now where is everyone?”

Personally I think Hugo looked relieved to be off the topic. I don’t blame him.  Yes he was my cousin but some things should really just stay between girls. For example the topic of my non-existent sex life. 

Thank Merlin that was the moment where everyone decided to come into the compartment, silencing the awkward conversation.

“So, let me get this straight. You want us to walk up and down this train for the whole journey? I thought this being ‘responsible prefect’ thing didn’t start until we actually got there!” complained Castor McLaren, new fifth year Slytherin prefect. 

“And who on earth would made you a prefect?” asked Darcy Hart, seventh year Ravenclaw who always seemed to compete with me for everything. “Then again, I’m not sure why McGonagall made Lily, Head Girl after all,” she said sparing me a short glance. And there she goes again...

“Darcy, I have no idea why she did either, but can we get along please? Just for the sake of everyone else in here,” I said conversationally.

She plastered a fake smile on her face, “I’m sorry, of course.”

“Right, well in answer to your question Castor, no we don’t expect you to patrol the train the whole journey, only for half an hour or so. It is part of your duties as a prefect,” Hugo reasoned.  

“This sucks,” Castor slouched back against the seat scowling. “I didn’t even want to be a prefect in the first place!”

“Then why are you here? You could have turned it down,” I said.

“That would be a relief to us all,” muttered Darcy. I frowned at her before turning my attention back to Castor.

“Because my stupid parents made me. This isn’t even going to help me pick up girls,” he groaned. 

I laughed, as well as every other girl in the compartment. He reminded me for a second of a younger Drake. That same arrogant thinking...as well as the hair. Could well be.

“Well I’m going to let you all go now, if you need any help or have any questions, Lily and I will be happy to help if you ask,” Hugo finished as everyone started getting up and trudging out of the compartment just as my cousin and coincidentally best friend, decided to come barging in. 

“Awww look some of them are so short!” she said smiling down at a scared looking Hufflepuff fifth year boy. 

“Roxy...they’re really not that short! Ok possibly that one boy, but the rest of them are much taller than you,” I pointed out.

She shrugged and practically threw herself at me. I had approximately one hundredth of a second to register what was happening before I was attacked by a mass of coloured hair. “What the hell have you done with your hair!?” I asked whilst leaning away from her hug slightly.

She let go of me rolling her eyes, “Well it’s nice to see you too,” she said sarcastically before flopping down next to me, “I did a little experimenting. Why don’t you like it?”

“It looks, umm...wow. Very eye-catching,” I replied. It was most definitely interesting. Her usual ebony black hair was streaked with blonde and red highlights. It didn’t look horrible, just a bit out of the ordinary.

“Well I was getting a bit bored, you know me,” she said flippantly running a hand through her newly coloured hair. 

“Very unfortunately,” I replied.

“Why are you being so mean today? Is it because Scorp isn’t here? Are you missing him already?” she teased. “You know I heard McGonagall’s hired a hot new Ancient Runes teacher, which I find kind of hilarious because Ancient Runes is just so old!” she babbled. 

“Ummhmm,” I nodded my head automatically. 

“Ahaha shame you guys don’t take it anymore, then isn’t it? Serves you right for leaving me in that class alone,” Hugo butted in. 

“Hey it’s not my fault I failed that O.W.L.” I protested. I had to admit when I received the results, I was a little disappointed, not that I didn’t expect a bad result because I hardly wrote anything in that exam.

“Well technically it is your fault,” Roxy sang.

“Hey you didn’t exactly do amazing either!”

“That was not my fault, Runes just don’t agree with me. Though you know, maybe we could sneak into one of classes,” she said, a mischievous glint in her eye. 

“No Roxy,” I sighed leaning back against the seat. “I don’t know why but I’m absolutely exhausted right now.”

Roxy waggled her eyebrows, “Why, what have you two been getting up to in the late nights?”

I groaned, “Please can we not talk about this again...I already had this conversation with Hugo and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t really want to hear it all again.” Plus I didn’t really want to talk about it again, I added in my head.

Turns out I was right as Hugo nodded in mutual agreement. Roxy pouted, “Fine, but you are telling me all the details later!”

Apparently the Head Boy and Girl were supposed to accompany the first years on the boats. Something that I didn’t know until I bumped into Hagrid as I was getting off the train. So whilst Roxy, Lorcan, Jake and Colette were off to ride in the horseless carriages, Hugo and I were off to sit in some cold boats. Yeah sure it was fun the first time, when you’re all new and awed by the almightiness of Hogwarts. Now it was just a bit of a pain. But I guess I couldn’t complain.

“Firs-years over here!” called Hagrid’s booming voice next to me, deafening me slightly. Hugo and I shuffled through the crowd dumping our trunks in the pile near the gates, then started making our way down to the docks. 

I can tell you it was a pretty damn cold night! Although it was rather nice to see the castle again, like this, lit up and magnificent. 

But I was glad when we finally arrived and eventually sat down in the great hall where Jake and Roxy were having a rather surprising (for Roxy anyway) intellectual conversation on what plant is best for healing blisters.

“Umm hi, what’s going on?” I said as I took my seat in-between Roxy and Lorcan. Lorcan Scamander was my ex-boyfriend. We used to date before he died and then came back to life again. But no, he most definitely is not a zombie before any odd questions are asked. It is a long story though...but now we were cool. Just friends. 

“Shhh, they’re about to start the sorting,” Lorcan whispered, nodding his head in the direction on the front of the hall where Professor McGonagall stood beside a stool with a tattered old hat placed upon it. The hall fell silent as the nervous looking first years stood in a crowd at the front. I could see one of the girls biting her nails worriedly. 

Suddenly the hat burst into song, quite literally.

Many a year ago it seems,

The duty fell to me,

To sing my song and bring the news,

Of where students ought to be.

Chosen by the founders four,

To help young students find their way,

When, confused, they stumble in,

On their first Hogwarts day.

Four houses to choose from,

Not one less or more,

Each one by a different founder,

To fill with students they adore.

Gryffindor, loving bravery,

Chose the strong of heart,

While Slytherin, feeling differently,

Thought cunning the greatest art.

Ravenclaw claimed for her own house,

The brainy and the smart,

While Hufflepuff took to her dear house,

The just and kind of heart.

All these students, with their differences,

Are each key to this great school.

And if Hogwarts hopes to stand,

Unity’s the greatest tool.

House to house and hand to hand,

Leaving differences behind.

Only when you work together,

Can your strengths all be combined.

Now at last, the time has come,

For me to send you separate ways.

But remember, our division,

Could bring the end of Hogwarts’ days

The hall burst into applause. I always loved the songs the sorting hat made up each year. Well I suppose it did have a whole year to think of them. 

“Quite down now,” McGonagall hushed then turned her attention back to the first years at hand. ”When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted,” McGonagall said, peering through her spectacles.

Adams, Rhys” a black haired boy walked up the couple of steps and sat down on the stool as Professor McGonagall placed the hat on his head. The hat took a few seconds debating with itself before it shouted out “Slytherin!” 

The boy bounded off to the far side of the hall. 

Adams, Yasmin” an almost identical girl walked up and sat confidently on the stool. They were obviously related somehow, probably twins. The hat was instantaneous this time, blurting out Ravenclaw before anyone had time to think. 

The sorting actually flew by and we were to the last girl in no time. “Winters, Pandora” My first thought was, such a pretty name. The dark skinned girl walked up, looking a bit embarrassed to be the last left. Bless her; she was the cutest thing I had seen in my life. She sat down apprehensively, her chocolate eyes darting around the hall. I gave her a reassuring smile when she looked at me, which she shakily returned. 

Professor McGonagall set the sorting hat on top her head. It took a good couple of minutes this time...when at last it exclaimed “Gryffindor!”

I stood up applauding, as did the rest of the table. Pandora, got up relieved and made her way over setting herself on the edge all the way down the other end of the table. Sweet girl, but now it was time for food. I had only just realised how hungry I actually felt. 

Professor McGonagall picked up the stool and hat, placing them at the side of the hall, by the back arch. Then returned to the head table to take her seat in the middle. 

“Now before we start the feast I would like you all to welcome a new member of staff who will be teaching Ancient Runes due to the unfortunate retirement of Professor Babbling. Now, this is only a temporary placement until we can find a suitable professor to teach the subject properly. I was quite reluctant to let him in as many of you will recognise him as a former student, but please treat him with respect as you would treat me or any other member of staff,” she paused as she swept her eyes over the room, her gaze resting sharply on me for a second. 

“Please will you all welcome back, Scorpius Malfoy.”

YES! Some of you guessed it...I have no idea how on earth you did. BUT YOU DID! Well this is going to be fun!

Anyway I would like to thank everyone who created characters for me, I will be dedicating some of the coming chapter to all of you <3 

HA there are still some EPIC ideas I have planned for this story so stay tuned =D

I honestly have no idea when I’m going to be able to update because of exam revision, but maybe if you vote and comment I might be motivated to write more...ehhh???

Once again MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Ari x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 1.7K 19
Scorpius Malfoy and Rose Weasley have had a connection ever since they met on the Hogwarts express in their first year. Now they are approaching thei...
3.6K 166 19
Rose Weasley was deeply in love with Scorpius Malfoy since the 4th year. But, how things will turn if he tells her that he has feelings for her cousi...
6.1K 114 30
Rose can't wait to get to Hogwarts but her cousins choice of friends is making her think he might be a little crazy. As the years go on Scorpius sta...
141K 3K 34
Rose Weasley despises Scorpius Malfoy. Right up until fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Scorpius has done nothing but tease an...