A Life Time

Autorstwa alexis1016478

Riley is a sweet and caring 16 year old girl who is in the 11th grade. Ryan the star quarterback for the sch... Więcej

1. The bullies
2. My Hero
3. Study Buddy
4. Speechless
5. Surprise or Not
7. Disaster

6. Lets party!!

8 0 0
Autorstwa alexis1016478

Riley's P.O.V

Monday rolled around and it was time to go back to school. Me and Ryan had spent every minuet of the weekend together. We had so much fun it was like a dream that just never ended.

I woke up to my alarm clock going off at 6:35 that meant time to get up. I got up and walked over to the bathroom and started to wash my face when i felt strong arms wrap around me.

"Morning Sunshine." Ryan said in a groggy voice that sent chills down my spine. He pecked my neck and grabbed his toothbrush and began to brush. I finished washing my face and threw my hair into a messy top knot. I went over to my closet to get a outfit for the day. I chose a pink floral shirt with black short shorts and some black tiny heel sandals. I flicked on some mascara and a little winged eyeliner as Ryan showered. I applied a tiny amount of perfume and went over to check my phone. I read:

New message from: Allie (bff)
Hey there is a party after the football game Friday night you in? - Allie

I wasn't much of the party type but i replied with yeah sure and went to the bathroom.

Ryan was styling his hair with my brush to be exact.

"Ya wanna go to the party after the game Friday night?"

"Sure but i never knew you were the party type." he stated a bit confused.

"Ya learn something new everyday babe." i smirked.

"Well are you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

"We will take my car ok?"

"Fine but tomorrow we are taking my car." i sighed.

I grabbed an apple on the way out the front door. We hopped in Ryan's truck and drove to school.

When we got out we walk into the building hand and hand.

When we reach the lockers i get a few death stairs from a few girls. Which i was expecting that i mean i am dating the star quarter back. I know many girls would like to be in my place right now but i dont care what other people think of my decisions i like what i chose to do and that's all that matters.

"Hey bro!" Spencer shouts as he fist bumps Ryan (one of Ryan's friends who is also on the football team and like my best guy friend).

"Sup bro!" shouts Ryan.

Gosh they are right in front of each other do they really need to yell?

"Hey Riley!" says Spencer as he gives me a side hug.

"How are you?". "Well besides the fact that my hearing is gone i am pretty good." i said sarcastically.

"Sorry but ya know me i have a big mouth." Spencer chuckles.

"Tell me about it." i sate with a laugh.

"So i seen the post on Instagram. You guys are a thing now? I mean the entire squad has been shipping you guys since like the 8th grade."

"Yeah we are now." Ryan says proudly as he kissed the top of my head.

The Squad: Ryan, Riley, Spencer, Allie, Dawn, and Garrett.

"So everyone is gonna go to the party at Kenny's Friday after the game. You guys in?" Spencer asked hopefully.

"Yes we cant miss hanging out with our squad." i say excitedly.

"Cool well i got to get to class. I'll see you two love birds later." Spencer says wiggling his eyebrows as he walks away.

"We need to go to class as well. We have a test in Mrs. Hunter's class next week and we need to pass it...with something above a 50." i say mocking his last grade in her class.

"Yep lets go." Ryan says talking my hand and running his free hand through his hair.

We had all our classes together except Spanish. First we had to go to Geography. I for one had pretty good grades except for in Spanish...i have 65% in that class. I studied, took good notes, and even read Spanish books from the library to understand how to spell the Spanish words correctly. I don't know why i had not got the language down yet.

We stepped into Geography class and took our usual seats....the third seats on the right row. Ryan pulled out his notebook as did i and began to write what was on the board.

Class went by pretty fast but now it was time for the worst class ever. I had Spanish next. Ryan walked me to Mrs. Franklin's room. (The Spanish teacher.)

"You'll be fine sunshine i know you...your an amazing student." Ryan protested against my wish to skip class.

"Thanks...see ya after class." i said as Ryan kissed my cheek and began to walk to his class.

"Class take out a text book from under your seat and turn to page 247 and read the section on cultural foods in Mexico. It's important for you to understand the culture of a language and how people in that culture live." she said as the class sighed in boredom.

I sat beside Spencer. He is amazing at distracting me away from my work. He may be the reason i am failing this class. Oh well he is really funny and keeps me laughing so its worth it.

"Do you have a pencil...and paper...and the answers?" Spencer asked with a nervous smirk.

" One did you bring anything to class and two i do but i don't know if they are the right answers because someone keeps distracting me." i laugh as he goes into defence mood.

"Your free to move princess ( his nickname for me since we met) i would not enjoy it but you do what feels right." he says as he puts a hand over his chest.

"Wow that was deep Spence. You should be a therapist." i said as i handed him a piece of paper and a pencil.

"Thanks and i dont know maybe i should i have been through a lot as you know and i could help people with the experience i have had." he said in a rather serous tone.

I do know he has been through a lot. He seen his dad commit suicide when he was 4 and had to go to a mental asylum for 6 months when he was 6 because he finally realised what he had actually seen, his mom works 2 jobs just to take care of him and her, he has to work everyday after school to pay for future college expenses, he has been through it. But so has Ryan. Technically our whole squad has been through something traumatising.

Me: Nothing
Ryan: His dad moved away and his mom's drug issues.
Allie: Her mom died when she was 12.
Dawn: She's adopted and when she was 13 she found out her birth parents were killed in a car accident 5 years before.
Garrett: Used to have a serious issue with his bipolar outbursts. He went to therapy and got them under control and if doing fine now.

When all my friends confided in me with their problems i felt like i was from outer space because i couldn't relate to any of them. I just haven't ever been through anything. They all told me i should be happy but it kinda scares me because what if something does finally happen i am going to be unprepared for it. I dont know maybe i am just being a cry baby but i really hope i can take some of my friends experience and put it to good use.

"Yeah but your doing fine. But really you should think about going into that field." i say breaking my train of thought.

"Yeah...fine." he depressingly stated.

I sas about to ask what he meant but the bell rang for lunch.

"Ya wanna come over and watch a movie tonight?" i ask taking my notebook and putting it back in my backpack.

"Sure what time i am done with practice at 5 so anytime after that." he states.

"Yeah how about 6? That way you can take a shower and whatever else you do to make yourself not smell like a pig." i say laughing.

"Thats fine" he laughed.

"You can stay for dinner as well if ya want." i say not even thinking about it.

"We'll see." he says with a smirk.

When i walk out of the class room i search for Ryan but see no sigh of him.

Then i see him pushing through the crowd.

"Hey i need to tell you something." he says in a kinda weird tone.

"What's up?" i say as we head for the lunchroom.

"I am gonna stay at my house tonight and make sure that who ever broke in doesn't try it again." he says.

"Ok well Spencer is gonna come over after school to watch a movie so maybe i will stay for practice and he can give me a ride home since he is coming over anyway."

"Yeah you can talk to him during lunch." Ryan says taking my hand as we approach the lunchroom doors.

We walk in and see the rest of our friends at the usual table we sit at.

"Hey guys." Dawn says.

I wave and send her a smile as i take a seat beside Allie and Ryan.

"Spencer do you think if i stay for practice you could give me a ride home? Ryan has something he has to do after practice." i say avoiding the "something" Ryan has to do.

"Yep sure thing princess." Spencer smiled.
------------------------------
When the school day was over i walked out the the football field and took a seat on the bleachers. The guys were still in the locker room so i took this time to text my mom and tell her i would be late and that Spencer was gonna give me a ride home and stay for a movie.

She told me that was fine.

When the guys came out in their practice jerseys i started to look for my friends football number's.

Ryan- 45
Spencer- 24
Garrett- 12
I spotted them as they were lined up to do sprints across the field. Then followed high knees, butt kicks, and many more exhausting looking body movements. I would have never been able to live through the first three drills. Not to mention it was like 95° outside. I dont know why they do this but i guess its what makes them happy.

At 5 the coach blew the whistle and told the guys to hit the showers. Soon Ryan Spencer and Garrett came walking out of the locker room.
They met me at the bottom of the bleachers.

"Hey sweat monkeys." i said slapping Garrett's shoulder.

"Hey Riley." Garrett says pulling me into a side hug.

"Ya ready short stack?" Spencer asked as i slapped his shoulder.

I kissed Ryan goodbye and walked to Spencer's truck.

Once we go to my house we walked up stairs to my room.
"So have you decided if ya want to stay for dinner?" i asked as i threw my bag on my bed.

"Why not." he laughed.

"So lets talk for a second. About what you said in Spanish about yeah...fine. Spencer you know you can tell me anything right?" i told him truthfully.

He sighed as we sat on my bed. I took his hands into mine and look him in his big brown eyes.

"Riley my mom cant afford our house and we have to go to a homeless shelter till she can save the money for a new house." he says and i see the tears form in his eyes.

"Its gonna be ok." i say as i pull him into a hug.

He hugs me back and begins to cry on my shoulder.

"It ok Spencer its going to be fine."i say remembering the movie idea.

"Lets watch a movie to take your mind off of it ok." i suggest.

"Can we watch a romance?" i ask.

"Sure." he says as i wipe his cheeks with my thumbs.

He laughs as he lays back at the top of the bed on the left side where Ryan normally sleeps. I put in The Fault In Our Stars and lay beside him curled into a C shape. He scoots a little closer and so do i until we are touching. He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer.

"Riley there is something else...i like you a lot i always have. It killed me when i seen you with Ryan on Instagram. I was gonna ask you out Monday but when i seen that post i decided not to. I am not expecting you to brake up with Ryan i just want you to know I'm here and if you ever need to talk or if you and Ryan dont last...i will always be here." Spencer said.

"Thanks Spencer." i wrapped my arms around him and snuggle into his chest.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

4.1M 88.1K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
46.5K 1K 53
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
3.6M 107K 66
FOLLOW DULU BARU SECROL ! Sesama anak tunggal kaya raya yang di satukan dalam sebuah ikatan sakral? *** "Lo nyuruh gue buat berhenti ngerokok? Bera...
22.8K 100 18
naughty girl with naughty professor. story is kind of new and interesting. read it to enjoy it!