You Just Have to Dream Hard E...

By xStarxKillax

Every directioner wants to date a 1D member. They've thought of countless possibilities and wrote so many ima... More

You Just Have to Dream Hard Enough [Niall Horan]
Ch.2: When Dreams Dawn On You
Ch.3 Running Into the Man Of Your Dreams; Literally
Ch. 4: Car Rides Can Be Fun
Ch.5: Fangirling is okay right?
Ch. 6: Dinner and Attention
Ch. 7: Nerf on my Terf
Ch.8: First Dates Can Scare You
CH. 9: Mood for Food
Ch. 10: Birthday Bash
Ch. 11: Writing the New Album
Ch. 13: Two Days Left
Ch. 14: Packing
Ch. 15: Naughty Twitcams
Ch. 16 Beginning of What I Hope Isn't THE END
Ch. 17: How To Become A Text-Aholic

Ch. 12 Simon and Secrets

6 0 0
By xStarxKillax

"These are really good you guys!" Liam said reading what we had written yesterday. Niall and I exchanged grins at each other proud of our work. He squeezed the hand he had been holding since we had arrived and I kissed his cheek in response. "Hey Jane, how would you like to meet Simon Cowell?"

I froze, "No way! You're joking?! Can you really do that?"

He shrugged. "With the lyrics being so well written I'm sure he'd like to meet the writer and Niall's new girlfriend. I'll call him right now actually. Excuse me."

He walked out of the room and I squeled while pushing my weight into Niall, "You have no idea how much I love Simon! He was my favorite judge on American Idol when I was growing up and then he went to X-Factor and then- Oh my, God. The man has a great ear for talent."

"Then he'll definately will like you, " Niall told me nudging me back. "Anybody would be crazy not to."

"You're my boyfriend; you have to say that."

"But I don't have to mean it, and I do... Mean it that is." He said looking me in the eyes and I smiled. "Just keep that smile on your face and you'll win anyone over."

Before I could say anything back to him Liam came back into the room with a gloom exoression and my smile faded. Oh, no. He didn't want to meet me. He probably didn't even want to look at my lyrics. He wanted nothing to do with me.

"What hapened mate?"

"I don't know how to tell you both this," Liam started. "We have a problem."

"What's the problem?" I asked. My voice slightly cracking with fear.

"We have to get all of us ready in the next ten minutes and be there in half an hour!" He exclaimed and I leaped out my seat and lightly punched him in the shoulder.

"You asshole! Come on Niall let's get the boys." I rolled my eyes leaving the room. "You fucking prick Liam!"

"I'll get Louis and Harry. Good luck with Zayn!" He gave me a quick peck on the lips before running off before I coul ask what he meant by that. I stalked to where I knew Zayn was sleeping: the couch. I looked down at his sleepy face and gushed. Zayn had such defined features and his eyelashes were to die for. His mouth was slightly open and his hair was tussled. How could an angel like this be that hard to wake up?

"Zayn," I nugged him with no response. "Zayn its time to wake up to meet Simon."

No response.

I pinched his nose and closed his mouth and got a quick response. He shot up from the couch and I stepped back in response as to not get injured. "Get ready, we all are leaving soon."

His hands ran to his hair and then he immediately ran off. I sighed sitting on the couch folding the blankets Zayn used. Just as I had folded it once Niall came in with a grin on his face, "Need help?"

"Honestly, I thought when you told me 'good luck' that it was going to be hard to wake up Z. But it wasn't." I told him as we folded the blanket together, "I didn't need your luck."

"Or maybe it was easy because of my luck. You know, luck of the irish is pretty strong."

I laughed and hit him with the folded blanket to his chest. He took it and set it aside before grabbing my hands and and pushing them against my chest to make me lean my back into the couch. "What do you think you're doing, Mr. Horan?"

"Giving my princess a good-luck kiss." He smiled leaning down to kiss while lacing our fingers together. It was just a sweet and simple kiss just to reassure my nerves. I guess in the little time that he's known me he's already figured out just how insecure I am. Still holding my hands he laid his head on my chest.

I laughed, "My boobs are not your pillow."

He chuckled softly, "Shh. I'm listening to your heartbeat."

"Sure you're not." I joked but never got a respone. I'm sure he was still tired from all of his hard work lately and last night probably wasn't enough sleep. So, I laid there letting him rest his eyes as the other boys got ready. I ran my thumbs over his skin liking how soft his hands were for a guy.

He squeezed my hands, "Babe that tickles."

"Oops, sorry Ni."

And before he could say something else Beth strolled in. When we got here she automatically went to Harry's room to share his bed. Not in a sexually way just in a way that this was his flat and she was still tired. "You boys are worse than me in the morning!"

"You're the one who came into my room. Pushed me off of my bed so you could sleep and you're saying I have no right to be a little grumpy."

She smiled at Harry in mockery, "Exactly."

He huffed and Liam came up from behind him and patted his shoulders. "Its too early to fight mate. Let's get a move on now."

Niall pulled me up with him and kissed my hands before letting one go so we could walk together. Honestly, we haven't known each other that long or have been dating for a while but everything we do feels natural for some reason. Like we've been doing it for ages. Even though its been four days.

Not that I'm couting.

Because I'm not a creep like that.

Soon we all filed into this fancy building and I awed at how it looked. "So this is what a recording studio building looks like?"

"What 'till you see the inside, sis."

I smiled at Louis before pulling out my phone and tapping the spot to write a tweet.

@JaneTheRoyalPain: Meeting Simon Cowell in like five minutes. I FREAKING OUT! #fangirlmoment #ilove1d

The doors opened and I saw all the equipment and then a familiar face. The face of Simon fucking Cowell. "I'm gonna pass out."

I leaned into Niall feeling my knees go weak. Because if Simon Cowell thought you had talent then it was fucking true. If he felt you had potential you fucking do. If he wanted to make you big he fucking could do that. He was like a musical god.

He chucked and made his way towards me extending his right hand. Thankfully with Niall being left-handed I always held his right one. That way both of us were comfortable. "Jania, right?"

I shook his hand enthusiastically. "Oh, my fucking God. Simon Cowell knows my name."

"I hear you write good music."

"I, ugh, yeah I write. Its not good-good but its passable. But, um, you're the expert not me. So, if you think its good it obviously has to be true because you're like a scouting God. And oh, my God I hope you like my writitng because I pour out my heart and soul into everything I create and its been like my biggest dream to become famous and produce my own songs and stuff. And, like if you think I'm good imgaine how much better I could get in a few years. Like--"

"Babe. Slow down." Niall tugged on my arm. I whipped my head towards him and met his calming blue eyes. Instantly I felt less nervous because if my idols thought I was a good writer it didn't matter what Simon thought. Because the only thing I loved the most in this world was One Direction. He ran his fingers over thumb and I felt the tingle in my skin from when he kissed my hand.

One of his good-luck kisses. I turned to Simon with my winning smile, "Sorry. I'm just really excited to meet you. I've been following you since I was like six years-old."

Instead of giving me his irritated face like he always gave on camera he gave me a smile. "Let me see what you've got."

"I'll grab a guitar." Niall said letting go of my head and I felt my nerves getting the best of me. I met eyes with Beth and by this moment she was just as nervous as I was. She knew what a big deal Simon was. Hell, I'm sure she'd be freaking out if we had been meeting any celebrity right now.

Niall came back with an acoustic and led me into the sound room. They all watched from the other sie of the glass and I could see the worry in their faces. Scared that I would be too nervous and crack or something. It was like it was my make it or break it moment right now. If I did good Simon Cowell just might use my lyrics for the new 1D album. FOR MILLIONS TO HEAR!

Niall began to strum and I fiddled with my fingers. What if I forgot the lyrics to my own song. What if I cracked or sounded to throaty? What if I was too fast with the tempo? But none of that mattered when I locked on with Niall's eyes. His reassuring, calming, cool blue eyes.

"Am I asleep, am I awake or somewhere inbetween. I can't believe you are here and lying next to me. Or did I dream that we were perfectly intwined. Like branches on a tree or twigs caught on a vine." I sang shakily but still with a decent voice. Or at least I hoped.

"Like all those days, and weeks, and months I tried to steal a kiss. And all those sleepless nights and daydreams in which I pictured this. I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl and I am not afraid to tell it to the world." Niall sang as he stared only at me. Because if he broke that contact I probably would have broken down from nerves.

"Truly, madly, deeply, I am, foolishly completely falling. And somehow you caved all my walls in so baby say you'll always me. Truly, madly, deeply in love with you. In love with you." I sang melody while Niall sang harmony. Which, honestly, he's the best at in the group.

"Should I put coffee and granola on a tray in bed and wake you with all the words I still haven't said. And tender touches just to show you how I feel. Or should I act so cool, like it was no big deal?" Niall sang strumming along perfectly. And here I was just singing and freaking out.

"Wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this. Or put this day back on replay and keep releaving this. Cause here's the tragic truth if you don't feel the same: my heart would fall apart if someone said your name." I sang with every word speaking how I was feeling in this exact moment.

From that point on it went smoothly. I didn't feel nervous at all staring at Niall. It was like it was just us in there (technically we were because they were in the other room but whatever) like the other day just sitting around writting songs about how we feel. Before I knew it the song was over and Niall grabbed my hand as we walked out to hear the others reactions. I met Beth's eyes and she looked scared like she was hoping that both of us could keep our cool.

"How do you think you did," Simon asked me.

I shifted my weight into Niall. "I-I, um, I think I was airy and sharp on some notes."

He raised an eyebrow. "That's exactly what I thought. It was a beautiful song."

"It was written by a beautiful person," Niall gushed.

"Oh. my God. Shut up!" I joked elbowing him in the side. "Excuse this idiot by me. But thank you."

"If we take it we'll give some of the profits."

I shook my head. "Its Niall's song. I don't want any money from writing about him. I think good music is priceless."

He smiled, "Are you sure?"

"Positive," I smiled back. "When I make it into the entertainment I want to get their on my own. Not from being a writer for the boy band One Direction or even for being Niall's girlfriend-"

"And my sister," Louis voice spoke.

I turned and winked at him, "And for being Lou's sister. I want it to be all on my own. And if you give this to me I'll just feel like I'm mooching off of the boys. It won't feel like I deserved it. Even though I do, but sitll," I joked.

"Good. With your attitude you'll definately get there one day and when you do I'll be the first person to buy you your champagne."

"If I'm old enough to drink." I played.

"Well, then lets get to recording lads! Time to split the solos." Simon announced to them.

"I want the second part of the first verse!" Niall exclaimed. He knew it was my favorite part. He leaned down to my ear level and whispeared in my ear. "Why don't you go find somewhere to sit with Lily while we rehearse alright Babe?"

"Awe, but I wanted to see you guys at work." I pouted.

"Trust me you won't want to hear it until we get the solos distributed. It gets pretty ugly," He said giving me a quick kiss on the lips before pushing me towards Beth. "I'll let you know when we actually start recording."

"Fine." I waved the boys off as I walked towards Beth. "Dude. Can we just go out side and have a moment?"

"Yes! I can't contain it anymore," She agreed just as eager. We made it out of the room and were greeted with fresh air. "Okay. 1...2...3!"

We both grabbed each other's hands and jump up and down giving into our fangirl side. We finished in a big embrace and laughed in each others ears.

"Did you every imagine it going this way?" She asked.

"Never," I admitted. "I'm the luckiest girl alive... I don't deserve this. Meeting Niall, the boys, and Simon."

She hugged me tighter, "Shh. Don't say that. You deserve this and more. With everything our family has done to you... You deserve the world."

I began to choke on some tears, "Its just... I feel like once they know what happened to me they'll shut me out. Or pity me and I don't think I could take that from them. Especially as a fan. To just imagine that they would think of me differently tears me apart."

"Janie," She soothed rubbing my back. "They over reacted and you know that. We all know that. You are the sweetest most ambitious girl I know. What they said to you is not true at all. If they were telling the truth do you really believe that you would be dating a famous celebrity that you have been stalking for two years now. If you were what they say you are would Simon Cowell be taking your song that you wrote... No because you aren't those things."

I pulled away and wiped my eyes, "You're right." I smiled at her concerned face. "Thanks."

"No problem. You are royalty and nothing less."

"They're going to find a band to learn the song and we'll start recording in couple of days along with a new song that some guy has written for us." Liam told me as we waited for a cab. Louis, Harry and Zayn took another one because they went to go get food while the rest of us headed to the hotel since they had never been there.

"By the way, could I show Simon that one song you sang to me?" Niall asked as we filed into a cab. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Go ahead."

His lightly kissed my temple, "You won't regret it Jay."

I swooned at that Irish accent. It was just too sexy and with those features it was deadly. Horribly deadly. "Only if you show him the one you sang to me."

His face grew red. "No! that was personal."

"Oo," Liam. "I wanna hear it then."

"No, mate. No."

"C'mon Niall it wasn't that bad at all! I'll send you my lyrics if you show them yours. Its a fair trade."

"But I wrote that for you."

"So, its my song." I said.

"Yes."

"Then I want you to show it and try to get it on the album. How cool would that be?" I asked a huge smile growing on my face. "I can just imagine it now: hearing the song on my phone over and over again."

I closed my eyes and sighed dreamily for dramatic effect. Niall groaned. I giggled opening my eyes to look at him. "Fine, you won this Jania."

I winked at Liam. "You owe me dude."

We filed into the hotel first wondering when the rest of the boys were going to be here. Who knew getting food would take that long? Niall dramatically plopped himself on my bed. It was a queen size so it was fairly huge for just one person. Not that I was complaining. The bigger the bed the better I sleep. Even though I sleep curled up in a ball cuddling with my blankets.

"This place is huge!" Liam said as he took in all of the features of the suite. The two beds, the couch with a flat screen, the mini kitchen, the bathroom, the patio, the little lounging area in the far back. "This is fit for a King."

"It is the Duke's Hotel." Beth teased. "Last time I checked a Duke was royalty. Or maybe that was just me..."

"I think it was you and your poor American education system." Liam joked back.

"Excuse me, lets get this straight. We Americans have beaten you guys twice when everyone thought we were going to loose. Who helped the Allies win World Was One? Oh, that would have been America! Who helped the Allies win the second World War? Amercia again! Seeing a pattern here, buddie?"

"Oh pipe down. You guys are just bloodsuckers thats why."

"You're just jealous!"

"Of your arse-backward country? Not likely."

"You think you're so hot because you guys have sexy accents? We don't come over here and try to seduce you people with out awesome accents!"

"Actually you did." Niall said pipping up.

Lily groaned, "Janie doesn't count! She has a different accent than I do! And she didn't seduce you."

"You don't know that." Niall said winking at her playfully while wiggling his eyebrows. I took a pillow and shoved it over his head playfully trying to suffocate him.

Just then my phone rang and I literally had to lay my whole body on Niall in order to reach for it. "Bueno."

"Its Zayn. What's the room number?"

"Well, hello there hot-stuff." I joked. "My room number is 2922. My boyfriends kind of here so you might want to stop by later if you know what I mean."

"Jay!" Niall exclaimed not knowing who I was really talking to.

Zayn started laughing at the other end. "I see you soon Jane. You silly little girl."

I giggled into the phone, "Hurry up, Z. I'm dying of hunger!"

With that I hung up the phone and layed back on the night stand at the top of the bed before just laying the way I was making an awkward cross ontop of Niall. "Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack"

"Like I would really say that if you were around. C'mon that's just trashy. I'd at least have the decency to do when you weren't in the room." I looked at his angry face. "Not that I would. Any girl who be an idiot to cheat on you. No guy is as perfect for me as you are."

"Awe," Lily and Liam cooed. I had kind of forgotten they were there. When I'm around Niall I tend to forget my surrodings at times and I'm actually a shy person. I blushed and burried my head into the sheets.

A knock pounded the door.

"We don't want your damn girl scout cookies!" Beth said as she went to open the door. Liam had gotten up too and followed her.

"You're perfect for me too." Niall cooed in my ear as he sat up and bent down towards my ear.

I pushed my face further into the matress. "Shut up."

He kissed my temple and laughed. "Only if I get a kiss out of it."

"No, no kissing!" Beth said as she returned with the rest fo the boys. "Its dinner time."

Niall groaned as I got off of him and the bed to look at what food the boys had brought. Pizza. I opened the first box to see plain pepporoni. Ew. The next one was mushrooms and black olives. Decent. "Next time get hawaiin styled. Its my favorite!"

"Hawaiin?" My brother asked taking a slice a putting in on a plate.

"Pinneapple and ham. What do they call it here?"

"Hawaiin." Harry said. "Louis just loves his pepporoni and knows nothing else. Don't worry Babe we'll get you that type next time."

"Hmm you're the best Hazza!" I said taking a slice of the mushroom kind. A hand snaked around my waist and from the tingles I got I knew it was my boyfriend. He used his arm to shove me out of the way to get himself a few slices... Or more knowing him. "I would've gotten you something."

"Uh huh. Sure whatever." He said piling food on a plate. I rolled my eyes. I knew better than to get between food and that boy. I turned and took a seat on the couch next to Zayn as he flipped through the channels for something to watch. He finally ended up on a Marel movie. Iron Man 2.

I sighed in happiness. I love this movie. I loved the company. I loved pizza. I just loved life right now. I rested my head on Zayn's shoulders as we both ate our pizza enjoying the film. Harry sat on my bed with Liam and Beth and Louis and on hers. Niall after stacking pizzas upon pizzas finally sat next to me. I put my feet over Niall's legs leaning more into Zayn.

Being in between two One Direction members after meetin Simon Cowell? Priceless

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 275 48
I've never done this before don't hate me! This will be One Direction preferences and imagines written by myself unless told otherwise <3
3.1K 185 10
What would you do if you got to meet your favourite one direction member? Especially on your birthday? Well, this gal here got lucky and got her drea...
137K 2.3K 40
When Jasmine and one of her closest friends, Kim go on vacation, they discover that they are staying in the same hotel as the famous boy band, One Di...
22.5K 472 48
Ariana has just graduated from high school and her mom is sending her to London to say with her aunt for the summer. Her aunt works for a big boyband...