Silver | MARVEL [1]

By NikolleSmiles

[BOOK ONE] [BEING RE-WRITTEN] ❝Never before had the song of war ... More

EXTENDED SUMMARY
PLAYLIST
EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
PART ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE

ONE

3.2K 73 1
By NikolleSmiles

ONE
▬▬▬▬▬

Amelia followed the twins through the building, slipping easily into the shadows close behind them. The duo in front of her would glance back every now and then, determined to make sure she was safe as they navigated their way. The screams from others could be heard, the painful process that is the experiments echoing through the facility. Each scream sent a shiver down the redheads spine, her heart beating loudly in her ears in fear. She wasn't ready for her next training session with Strucker, her vocal cords sore and her throat aching from all the training he's put her through the past few months. The male was determined to find the range of her scream frequencies, no matter the effort or pain it caused the female. So far, he hadn't found anything to make her frequency higher than before or anything that proved her scream was useful.

She had dreaded the day she would become aware of her abilities, although Strucker made a point of testing her daily to discover what her abilities were. They had yet to come up with a solid name to describe her ability, the male telling her she had excellant vocal abilities and that was her power. She found it hard to believe the further he tested her vocal abilities, determined to find everyrhing he could about them.

She was still confused, not fully understanding the situation she found herself waking up in. It had been a year now since she joined the world of living, as she preferred to call it. It hadn't been an easy transition for the female, she was struggling with adjusting to things. She was struggling with understanding everything Strucker continued to dump on her in the past year.

The twins helped; they distracted her from her thoughts and the headaches that came with trying to remember things. She had been unsuccessful, and found herself welcoming the twins words as a distraction. They brought her a sliver of comfort in the world she had been thrown into. Quickly they became her friends, the only ones she could ever remember. Despite the pain she felt, they brought smiles to her face and a warmth to her being she couldn't recall ever feeling before.

"How much further?" Amelia whispered, clutching Pietro's hand in worry, eyes darting behind her as she looked for the guards that always followed them around.

"Not much," he lead them closer to a open room, a large mess of machine was in the center of the room, people in lab coats scrambling around it, studying it. "That is from the alien attack in New York a couple years ago." Pietro explained to both girls, their eyes watching the scene before them in wonder. The alien was nothing but machine, larger than them all even on its side.

It amazed the redhead, who glanced at her friends with a large smile on her lips, "how did you find it?" She wondered, green eyes darting to meet the blue ones that belong to her best friend.

"They test me to see how fast I could run around the building, I happened to explore while doing it," Pietro explained, squeezing the girls hand. She focused on the alien in front of her once again, trying to gather as much information from the scene in front of her. She had heard little from the event in New York, something involving a group of individuals who claimed to be superheroes, when in reality they had caused more damage than the alien things. The twins shared as much as they knew on the event, telling the redhead of the evil man who started everything in New York, and the evil men who claimed to be the heroes. Although one name stood out most to Amelia, the redhead felt the name was familiar, athough she didn't know why. Tony Stark. The twins told her she had probably heard the name in her past, the things the man had done wasn't kept quiet. They told her of the weapons he had once made, the very same weapons that destroyed their family and lives.

"It looks so much bigger in person," Wanda spoke, looking up at her twin in wonder. "I guess one good thing came from those 'heroes'" the brunette added, as they three turned to leave. They made the walk back to their dorms, sticking to the shadows as they didn't want to lose the free time they had been given. Strucker was a serious man, who didn't find joy in the simple things like free time.

"They stopped that thing?" Amelia wondered, curious on what made these "heroes" so evil like they all were stating. If the alien had been so evil, and had been brought to earth by an evil man from another world, what made these heros so evil if they stopped it? Nothing was making sense to the redhead, who followed the twins blindly. She put her trust and faith in the twins, following them to the ends of the earth.

"Yes, but they killed hundreds doing it," Pietro stated, looking back at the small girl holding his hand for dear life. "Regardless of the events of New York, there are other things they've done that is terrible." Reality was the twins would do anything to make Amelia understand the hate and dislike they felt towards the avengers, more specifically Tony Stark.

"But they've done good," Amelia answered, brows furrowed. "Does the good not outway the bad?"

"Never," Wanda answered sharply, spining to face the redhead, the brunette stood stiff, arms crossed. Amelia froze, eyes wide at the malicious tone Wanda used, the brunette had never sounded so angry to the redhead. "He killed our parents, nothing he does will ever make up for that."

The three continued forwards in silence, Amelia sticking close to Pietro until they made it to their rooms. She entered hers silently, the door clicking loudly behind her as the locks clicked in place. Moving across the room she sat on her bed in silence, her mind racing as she took all the information they gave her and tried to make sense of the world she lived in. Still nothing made sense, and still she couldn't determine just what was more terrifying: the lack of memories, not knowing who she was, and not know just exactly where she was.

••••

"Fight back Amelia," she glared at the male in front of her, angry and annoyed with his constant jabs. Her body ached as she fought off using her powers on the man, despite knowing that was the very thing Strucker wanted. She was exhausted already, mentally tired from his demands and physically tired from the strain. She fought back physically, resulting in her bruising skin.

She stumbled backwards, the blow to her stomach knocking the air from her lungs. Gasping she moved quickly to protect herself as the man darted forwards once again, this time aiming for her face. Spotting his moment of weakness as she raised an arm to protect her face, she through her other arm out. His head snapped to the side from the force of her punch, a grin covering his face as he moved to punch her back.

"Use your voice!" Strucker screamed, startling the girl and allowing the man across from her to slam his fist into her nose. She immediately gasped, feeling the blood gush from her nose. She glared up at Strucker momentarily, before focusing her attention on the man in front of her once again.

The man darted forwards once again, this time planning on tackling the girl. She threw her arms forwards, waves seeming to leave her lips at the same time as the scream. Her eyes glowed silver, the man before her flying backwards into the wall behind him. His ears began to bleed, his own mouth falling open with a scream as she continued to attack. The length of the scream put a pressure on the man that was incomparable, pushing him into the wall until the scream died from her lips and he laid limp.

Clapping could be heard from above, Strucker happy to finally get the results he had waited so long for. "That is exactly what I want," He told her, making his way down to the training pit.

Amelia looked up at him, her green eyes full of fear as he approached. The man she fought laid dead in a heap against the wall, his grey eyes staring blankly at her, embedding themselves in her memory forever. "I killed him," she stated the obvious, eyes darting from the dead man to Strucker in alarm.

Strucker simply grinned, now at her side, yet his eyes were glued to the dead man, "that is exactly what you are here for." He explained, "that is your job."

Victim number 1 Amelia decided, her powers now terrified her more than the unknown.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 387 47
Evelyn had lost everything the day Hydra took her. Her friends, her family, and her freedom. She had given up hope and then The Avengers attacked t...
13K 187 37
I've never fallen from quite this high Falling into your ocean eyes Those ocean eyes ...
23.5K 689 22
The Battle was Fought. The King is Crowned. The Land is at Pease. But a Greater Battle is on the Rise. Book Two of the Ingcuka Series
934K 21.9K 68
-MATURE SCENES! 🔞 -STRONG LANGUAGE "𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗. 𝙰 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠" {Based on Avengers...