The Killer

By gummiebears

The meaning of a killer can relate to the physical act of murder, or the killing of one's innocence, peace an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 - Epilogue

Chapter 5

304 15 4
By gummiebears

Chapter 5

I gulped some milk down my throat and took another piece of toast from the table. Josh was making some toast while talking on the phone with our parents.

My brother shoved the phone in my hand and mouthed 'Mom'. I sighed, this was the 800th time my mom called me. Well I was exaggerating, but you get the point.

"Hey honey!" My mother said to me. I could hear in the background some shuffling and my dad probably typing on the computer.

"Hey mom, why do I hear the sound of typing in the background?I thought you and dad were going on a vacation to relax." I asked while chewing on my toast.

"Allison, don't talk while you are eating. Anyway, your father and I have decided to stay an extra month. He has some business to take care of and some issues have came. So yes, he will be working." She informed me.

"I also need you to do me a favor. Tonight, can you go back to that cleaners place we use to go to all the time and bring back my two coats? I forgot to pick it up and take it with me when I left."

I nodded, but realized that she couldn't see me.

"Okay, bye mom, love you."

I was kind of sad honestly. I mean, I loved having my brother here but sometimes the house felt quiet. And my mom always made us nice food for lunch. Josh and I have been living off of pizza for lunch and dinner this past week.

"Don't miss us too much!" She teased, I smiled a little and hung up. I grabbed my bag and headed out to school.

~

My brother picked me up as soon as school ended for the day. It was Wednesday, so we were heading to the police station. I was exremly nervous, because I honestly didn't know how this would play out.

I mean, it could either go extremely well, or It could seem like I was the one who killed her.

I hope they didn't ask questions rudely. Maybe I was just over thinking it a little bit.

"Al, stop freaking out." My brother said looking at me every now and then while driving to the police station.

"I'm not even freaking out. I don't really care." I lied, playing with the small strand of hair in front of my face.

Josh scoffed, "I can see it in your eyes -"

"So how are you and mystery girl?" I asked him, attempting to change the subject. He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Stop trying to change the subject."

I was the one that scoffed this time,"We all know that you simply just don't want to talk about it. Why do you keep her such a secret anyway though?"

"That is not your concern. Anyway back to you, "

I sighed. I was getting annoyed of Josh.

"We're here anyway. Kayla's taking me home.Bye" I waved at josh as he drove back home.

Immediately, when I walked in, one of the police officers came up to me. Well, that was fast.

He was staring at a file. I'm guessing that was what had my name, picture and information.

"Allison Dawson?" He asked me, clarifying if that was me or not.

I nodded and he asked me to follow him. He led me to a room. Sitting down was Kayla, Grace and two other girls. For some reason, Vanessa wasn't here yet?

I sat down next to Grace and greeted everyone. The police officer said someone would come to question us.

"So are they going to ask us questions about it together or alone?" I asked the girls, playing with more strands of my hair. I really needed a trim and highlights.

"Well, usually, they do it alone, and in this police office, but it could be different." Kayla answered. We all looked at her weirdly. How did she know about that?

"I mean, that's what people tell me," She corrected, realizing that she slipped up. We all nodded and patiently waited for the detectives/ officers to come.

After 20 minutes, a guy came in. He was in a business like suit and greeted us.

"Hello girls, I believe that Vanessa Santiago is not here correct?" Everyone nodded and he wrote something down on his paper.

"Okay, well I am going to talk to each one of you individually. Its better we do it that way." He informed everyone.

Soon enough he called me and led me to this small room. I could feel my hands sweating. I don't understand why though. It's not like I did anything. I sat down on the chair he led me to and sat confidently.

"Don't worry Allison, we know you didn't do anything, we just want some clarifications. Please answer each question thoroughly and one hundred percent accurately." I nodded, and he began.

"Samantha died on Sunday at 5:00 in the afternoon. Did you previously know anything about her being in the forest after she left Kayla's house?" He asked. I gulped.

"No sir, I did not. I thought she was at home like the rest of us at the sleepover"

He wrote something down on his clipboard.

"Did you have any contact with Samantha on Sunday morning?"

I hesitated, "Well, I mean, since Vanessa dropped us both off, she was in the car with us, so yes I did talk to her."

He looked confused, "Did you actually see Samantha go into her house when Vanessa dropped you guys off?"

I shook my head, "Vanessa dropped me off first, so-"

"Then how do you know that Samantha went safely home?"

"Well-" I decided to stop talking there. I did not want to accidently tell him about how Vanessa didn't actually drop her off home. And how I know for a fact that she didn't go safely home. I ran a hand through my hair and sighed.

The man wrote some things down on his clipboard once again.

"Do you, Allision Dawson, know anything else about where Samantha Reid went after the sleepover?" He looked at me sternly, I felt very uncomfortable under his stare. It was like he knew all about my secrets.

I took a breath, "No." I lied. I can't belive I was doing this. I was lying to help save a friend. Someone I just met. I've turned into a monster.

"Are you sure?" He said, giving me one last chance to tell the truth.

I nodded and he dismissed me.

I finally left the police station and breathed a sigh of relief. I am just glad that it was over. I looked outside to find Kayla, patiently waiting for me to come in the car.

I went in and put my seatbelt on. "Hey."

She greeted me and turned on the engine. She turned on the radio and began humming to some tunes.

"Can we stop by the cleaners, I have to pick some clothes up?" I asked her, she nodded.

"So, do you like going to school here?" She asked me, turning the music down.

I smiled, "Yes, it's really great!"

"You should come over to my house sometime and we should hang out!" She said with a smile.

I agreed as we pulled up to the cleaners. It was dark outside. Very dark. I could barely see the store, but somehow I managed to be able to see it.

"I'll wait here for you to get the clothes." She said to me, turning the music back up. I nodded and ran inside the store. I was suprised to see that there was still a line even at this time.

The worker looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to inform him of my needs. I told him the clothes and he gave them to me.

I then headed back to Kayla's car, humming some tunes that she played previously. When pulled myself into the passenger seat, she looked like she had seen a ghost.Her hands were next to her ears, with her phone in hand.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's Vanessa."

I looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to tell me what happened. After what seemed like 10 minutes she finally started to speak up.

She breathed, "She just got arrested."

______________________________________________________

Read at the end of authors note to see the challenge((:

Authors note:

Hello guys!. Things are getting rough! I want to thank y'all again for reading this story!

Sorry this update came so late, wattpad annoyed me a lot this past week AGAIN. However, most importantly, my laptop stopped working. And what annoyed me the most would be the fact that I had to write this on a computer. The computer was so slow & screwed up so it took me forever to do this chapter. Let's just hope & pray it works again :/ oh and this chapter probably has so many mistakes because of the computer.

Hint: Next chapter involves Alison making mends with Jared.

I know that it may seem like the story is going to fast, but actually this is exactly how the pace of the story is supposed to go.

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to:

Vote, comment and fan.

!!!!!!!!!OH AND I HAVE A CHALLENGE!!!!!!!

CHALLENGE: If this chapter gets at least 5 comments from different people and 7 votes, I will update on July 1. If not, I will update later that week.

(::

BYE.

~GUMMIEbear!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 52 38
A young, talented high school girl tries to go on with her life after covering up an accident that killed a man. Tortured by a manipulative, jock bo...
1K 552 30
"𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴" 𝘐 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗- 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛-𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝙸𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚎�...
505 16 20
Jessica falls in love with a psycho killer without knowing. She has witnessed several deaths in the time that they have been dating. She has figured...
914 21 6
A deranged psycho with a knife is on the loose on a college campus, who among them is the true killer?