Playing With Fire

By only1MT

A Ter-Raji story. I knew he was married and I didnt care because I knew what was on camera wasnt real. You ma... More

From The Start
A Night to Remember
Soul Train Awards
Playing with Fire
Down and Out
Playing Hard
Sick of Playing Hard
Its Just a Feeling
Meet Qirin
Trouble Don't Last Always.
Her Little Secrets
For Your Own Good
Girls Night Out
Terrence , Im Sorry!
I'll Never Let You Go
Next Door Neighbor
Final
Just Friends
His Little Secrets
No Regrets Only Lessons Learned
Lie to Me
Headlines
Visits of the Past
Sins From My Father
Same Ol'Mistakes
Bad Impressions Pt.1
Bad Impressions Pt.2
Daddy's Little Girl
Authors Note
Let Me In
Reliving the Nightmare
All I Want Is You
Fallen Angel
Are You Ready For Love?
Digging a Little Too Deep
Right My Wrongs
Loose Ties Pt.1
Loose Ties Pt.2
Hiding in The Shadows
A Friendly Reminder
Trust Issues
Whats Done in the Dark Pt.1
Whats Done in the Dark Pt.2
Come Back To Me
Cold Hard Love
How Can I Ease It
Question Is
L.A Confidential
Moving Forward

Dysfunctional Family

1.3K 55 23
By only1MT

Taraji
3:00pm

Terrence carried me bridal style over the threshold of our house. The last day we spent in Brazil we spent in doors because of a severe thunderstorm. But that was fine with me because we never left that bed if you know what I mean😜.

I still was amazed by this weekend , I honestly didn't want it to come to an end. Terrence earned the whole damn top draw of all my Victoria Secret panties. He went all out and I was putting his ass to sleep every night for it. He thinks pregnant sex is the all time best.Haha our nasty asses.

I smiled at my naughty thoughts.

He kissed me softly as he placed me back on my feet. Tez and the rest of our security came in hauling our luggage and shopping bags we got when we were away.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder from behind me.

I sunk further into his embrace laying my hands on top of his.

"It's feels so good to be home but I want to go back to Brazil."I whined swaying in his arms a bit. He kissed my cheek.

"I'll take you where ever you wanna go baby."He said before letting me go.

I blushed like a damn school girl when he said that , another baecation , Yes! I'll take that.

"We have to find a place to go for our honeymoon anyways... I'm thinking Egypt."He tossed my way. He dapped Tez up before he left and closed the front door.

My eyes fell down to my gorgeous engagement ring. Sparkling right up at me , I pressed my lips together silently mesmerized. I couldn't keep my eyes off of this bling bling on my finger.

I was thinking of when I was going to make the big announcement to my parents.

I bit my bottom lip as I trailed behind Terrence. He grabbed the big comfy "movie watching"blanket we liked getting under when we were in here. He opened his arms inviting me into his comfort zone.

"What you thinking about?"He asked flipping through the channels on the plasma. He settled on the basketball game.

'Perfect time to ask' I thought because he'll agree to anything.

"Babe I'm inviting my parents over for dinner tonight to tell them about our engagement, so you should bring your mother over and I can finally meet your brother Rome...a nice family dinner."I said all at once.

Terrence bit his bottom lip rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uuuhh so that means the big bad wolf is coming back...great."Terrence sighed out throwing his head back.

I laughed. "Tee you and my father are just gonna have to get along. Your my fiancé now and he will be your father in law."I said looking at the side of his face.

He blinked staring up at the ceiling. Protesting shaking his head no.

"Raji don't put me in a position babe...Your father doesn't like me and I don't like him."He said furrowing his brows.

I wish there was a way for them to work things out. My father always been a hard man to deal with so I can understands Tee frustration. My shoulders slumped at the possibility of them never getting along and I didn't want that.

"Please baby for me , Remember you said anything for me..I promise to make it worth your while tonight."I said in between kisses. I sucked on his neck moaning as I ran my hand down his thigh. He squirmed underneathe me.

"Babe that's my spot..and you know it , come on..the game is on."He tried letting out. He was so weak underneathe my touch.

"Then say yes."I continued my sweet sighs and sucks on his neck. He blew out a frustrated breathe.

He pulled his head up and turned towards me.

"Aight you win! I'll pick my momma up and tell Rome...but after the game. Lebron is on."He said giving in. I smiled while cupping his face placing two kisses on his cheek.

"Let's say around 6 o'clock. I'll go get started."I gushed hopping up from his lap. He nodded waving me off not paying me any mind.

Terrence
5:40pm

I scaled down the road approaching my mothers house. Taraji was back at the house throwing down in the kitchen , I had to put my culinary input in so I helped out. You know some men do it better in the kitchen , if I do say so myself. I decided to step away and get my mother for tonight's dinner.

Rome agreed to coming over and I made sure he knew to be on his best behavior. If you haven't noticed by now Rome can be a bit over the top.

I pulled up into my mothers driveway and got out the car. I rang the doorbell awaiting for her to answer. Shortly the door opened and she stood before me wearing one of the dresses I bought her from Paris.

"My baby , your late as always. You had me in this house waiting on you."She scolded. I chuckled , She pulled me swiftly into her body giving me the warmest hug only my mother could give.

"I'm sorry momma. I had to help my fiancé with dinner."I said blushing. I liked the way that sounded coming out my mouth.

"My little boy is finally a man. I'm glad your marring Taraji son I liked her the moment I met her..such a nice girl , I can tell she makes you whole again." She said approving.

"Well momma you are the one who told me to find someone that makes me whole again..she's the one I never been so happy in my life , like things are finally looking up."I agreed with her opening the car door. I helped her into my truck and got into the drivers seat.

She giggled putting her head back against the head rest.

"What momma?"I asked glancing over at her. I began driving down the street. The drive wouldn't be that long she lived closed by. She shook her head and then gazed at the side of my face with a smile.

"I was starting to worry that you was going to continue to be a man whore for the rest of your life Terrence."She added. I chocked out a laugh. She joined in , my mothers laugh was so sweet and contagious.

"Now what you know about that momma?"I asked her. She hummed batting her long eye lashes.

"I mean look at cha' momma ain't make no ugly son and the way the media used to call you a Casanova. Yup I know all about it."She said threw giggles.

Her giggles then turned into harsh coughs. I looked over at her worried. This wasn't your usual cough and my mother wasn't a smoker.

"Momma you okay?"I asked her pulling up into my driveway. I saw William's truck parked outside. But Rome has yet to get here.

"I'm fine honey...just a cold"She waved me off covering her mouth with her handkerchief. She looked down , her eyes widen once she saw the small specks of blood and she quickly balled the handkerchief up in her hand.

I turned to look at her , she gave me a reassuring smile. I looked down at her hand , she closed it tighter.

"Momma?...Is the cancer back?" I asked her lowly. My gut was telling me it was something more than just a cold.

At the age of 54, my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer. I made sure she had the best doctors to catch it before it got too serious and started to spread. We caught it early and she went through chemotherapy, the doctors told us that she was in remission and getting better but be prepared for the inevitable.

She sighed. "Terrence don't you worry about momma okay? Now come open my door for me."She playfully scolded. I licked my lips and did as I was told.

I blinked away those negative thoughts. I put my key into the keyhole opening the front door. She rubbed the back of her hand down my cheek and her eyes connected with mine.

"It's just a cold sweetheart don't worry."She said giving me a soft smile before walking in front of me.

Taraji rounded the corner once she heard the door close.

"Ms.Evelyn it's so good to see you."Taraji greeted with that big beautiful smile of hers. They hugged briefly.

"Oh my soon to be daughter in law you are glowing. Ready to drop my grandchild soon I see."She said rubbing her stomach coo'ing a bit. I walked up to them. Taraji helped my mother to the livingroom where her parents were seated.

Stacey stood from the couch. "Mom and Dad this is Ms.Evelyn , This is my mom Stacey and my dad William."Taraji introduced my mother. Stacey came over with a warm smile and my mother hugged. I knew they would hit it off good.

"It's very nice to meet you Evelyn."William said with a fake smile.

William and I eyes connected , he gave me a glare from behind my moms head as he embraced her.

I smirked smugly.

The women started talking amongst themselves on the opposite side of the livingroom. William walked over to me slowly. I leaned my frame up against the fireplace , I turned my head to the side waiting for what his ass had to say now.

"I thought we had an agreement."He said through clenched teeth just loud enough for me to hear.

I chuckled. "I didn't agree to shit..oh and nice little stunt you tried to pull with trying to convince Taraji I was leaving her , nice try."I said smugly. His defeated expression was almost priceless.

William eye twitched as we had an intense stare down.

"You know this isn't over."William said lowly before he looked over his shoulder. Taraji cut her eyes over at us. She got up from the couch and started to walk over to us.

"It looks that it is William."I said right before Taraji stood next to me. I wrapped my free hand around her waist.

"Hey honey, You want to get things started?"I asked her kissing her on her cheek right in front of William. This was a Kodak moment right her.

Taraji nodded. "Yes baby , uh daddy could you help me and mom set the table?"She said over to him. He said nothing instead he walked out the livingroom.

Taraji playfully hit my chest giggling. "You are such an agitator Terrence."She joked. I waved my hand in his direction and pecked her lips.

"What I do?" I dragged pecking her lips. I knew exactly what I was doing. I struck a nerve.

Suddenly we heard tires screech and a loud collision coming from outside. I sprinted past Taraji and out the front door to see what the noise was.

My mouth dropped and my eyes grew once I saw the sight. I ran my fingers through my hair slowly. I was at a lost for words. Taraji gasped as she stood from the doorway.

The whole rear bumper of my Bentley laid on the ground along with the two back tires. The back was completely smashed in. The Windows completely shattered.Rome exited his Hummer stumbling out laughing falling into the pile of shattered glass.

"Oops I didn't see that there! Brooooo!"Rome slurred holding his hands up. My eyes never left my favorite car...my baby. Not my Bentley any car but the Bentley, it was totaled.

He dusted himself off and took the last swig of his beer before throwing it on the ground making it shatter.

"ROME WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!"I yelled at the top of my lungs. I felt myself boiling. No I was boiling over at this point. I was pissed scratch that I was livid and I was about to kill Rome. He tried to balance himself but failed miserably.

Rome blinked and looked over at the sight.
"Oh my bad bro I got you with the repairs."Rome tossed out shrugging. He put his hand on my shoulder I shrugged him off. He couldn't be serious right now. That money he had was long gone by now.

"Rome if you haven't forgot you ain't got no fucking money and you stink!"I yelled looking over his drunken and high demeanor.

He looked down at himself smelling his underarms.

"You right but look Bro I just had the time of my life. Don't you want to hear bout it? It involves this girl and guess what...I'm so high right now...I had some candy"He laughed out wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He reached in his pocket pulling out the Baggie that held the pure white powder.

I snatched the bag from his hands throwing it somewhere in the bushes.

"What the fuck Terrence that's my shit!"He yelled going over in the bushes searching for it. I shook my head as I watched him.

He was using again and I had no clue that he was. I started backing away from him. I was in disbelief , 4 years of being clean he just threw away.

"Rome why are you using again!Huh?!"I asked yanking him by his hoody. He stumbled to the ground laughing. I saw my brother at this low stage once before and he promised me he would never go back.

"Baby? Is everything okay?!"Taraji asked coming into view. I looked up from Rome and over at her worried expression. Rome slapped my chest and wiggled from my grip standing to his feet.

"Taraji go back in the house baby-"I said but Rome cut in. She blinked and looked over at him worriedly.

"And you must be Taraji , damn girl you even finer in person!..Terrence is so pussy whipped you know that.. my boy here used to fuck everything that moved but you ,nah he settled down an told hoes no-"Rome slurred.

"Rome get your disrespectful ass out of here now! I should have never told you to come in the first place. You always find a way to fuck something up."I yelled cutting him off.

He furrowed his brows looking me up and down. He chuckled squinting his eyes at me he stumbled once he tried taking a step forward.

"Terrence you know I'm getting tired of you telling me what to do...you think your so much better than everyone else huh? What about me huh? What do I get? This my shit if you think about it. Cause if it wasn't for me your ass would just be another statistic."He started as he pointed his finger in my face. I bit my bottom lip trying to keep my anger at bay. He wasn't in the right state of mind right now and I had to remember that.

We had guests and I didn't want to handle him in front of my fiancé. I was trying my best to stay calm.

"Terome go home now."I said with my eyes closed.

He came closer to me glaring me in my eyes.
William and Stacey came from the house and stood in the doorway. Stacey pulled Taraji away from the commotion. She took one last look at us before getting escorted into the house.

"Or what Terrence! You gonna do what you did to daddy to me too? Put the bullet right in my chest like you did daddy Terrence!"He yelled through clenched teeth.

"Do it!" He yelled. He sounded just like him.

Those flashbacks of my fathers limp body falling to the ground replayed in my head. Those flashbacks of him beating my mother came back. That pain came flooding back in my mind. I clenched my jaw.

"What I struck a nerve? Get mad! Do it Terrence!" Rome threaten. We stood eye to eye.

I almost pitied him but I was tired of Rome. When I thought he was getting better he would dip back in his old ways. After what happend last time with Iyanna I thought he got clean. After his daughter Harmony passed at just 4 years old , I thought he would have gotten clean.

I felt like I owed him because he took the fall but for the simple fact he was my brother and I would do anything for him, I wanted to give him what I had but it was time to cut all ties with my ungrateful ass brother. I was tired of feeling like I owed him. He had a lot of growing up to do , this blame game was long overdue.My jaw clenched as I stared him in his eyes.

"Look at yourself. Your nothing but a crackhead. I'm done with you.Your dead to me just like him. Get the hell out of my face."I said turning my back on him and walking away.

"Don't walk away from me Terrence!"I heard his foot steps advancing towards me from behind. He pulled my shoulder roughly making me pivot on my heels towards him.

He swung , I stepped back avoiding his slow blow he ended up falling forward into the grass. He swung again as he tried getting up to his feet. I wasn't going to fight him. He had his own battle to deal with , whether or not he wanted to get clean or let the drugs kill him first.

He glared up at me with his lips firmly pressed together. He stood to his feet.

"Come on Terrence! I know you want to! Fight me , hit me back like you want to!"He said as he began advancing towards me again.

My mother stepped from the door way from behind me.

"Terome?"My mother called out to him. Rome stopped in his tracks and his eyes soften at the sight of our mother.

"Momma?"He whispered , he looked as if he saw a ghost.

His eyes grew wider once he realized what he had done. He shifted his soft gaze towards my livid glare. I wasn't moved one bit.

She walked over to him slowly. Rome dropped to his knees in front of her laying his head on her legs.

"Momma? Your okay...your still here."He slurred. I looked down at him disgusted , I couldn't believe him . He was back to his old ways. He wrapped his arms around her legs and began crying.

My mother turned her head and looked at me. "He is your brother Terrence , you can clearly see he needs your help.Get him upstairs..Now!" She demanded.

"Momma , He isn't my problem. Look at him , I'm tired of wasting my time on him."I spat venom down at Rome's pathetic ass. He sobbed and rocked back and forth in my mothers arms.

She glared over at me. "Boy you heard me! Get him upstairs now!"She snapped back. She kissed Rome on his cheek and hummed a soft tune to calm him down.

"Momma loves you Rome , I need you to go upstairs and lay down okay?"She asked him cupping his face. He sniffed and nodded.

"Momma I didn't mean to I-I'm sorry."He pleaded. She shushed him pulling him closer to her.

"Romey your stronger than this , we gonna get you so help"She said softly. He sunk further in her embrace and nodded with his eyes closed. She looked behind me and motioned for me to come. She stood going into the house. I blew out a frustrated breathe.

I reluctantly gave in helping Rome stand to his feet. He put his arm over me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry little brother, I'm so sorry it was a mistake...I'm always disappointing you.. I didn't mean that shit."He slurred in tears. I said nothing , I didn't feel like hearing it.

William stood on the porch. As I got closer to the doorway.

Our eyes connected.

No words were exchanged I continued to walk inside carrying Rome's limp body. I needed the strongest drink I could find. I just hoped Taraji forgives me for this dysfunctional ass night.

"Your father huh?Lets see what your really hiding Terrence"William said with a smirk plastered on his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652K 23.1K 46
"I Do" hearing those two words coming from him breaks my heart into million pieces again. I lost him forever. Everything is happening infront of me...
1.8K 111 19
When Taraji and Terrence first met, it was love at first sight. They have strong feelings for each other but they know they can't cross the line bec...
98.5K 2.3K 33
WELCOME TO TWISTED TRUTH'S WORLD OF TNT AFTER DARK. JOIN US AS WE EMBARK ON A STEAMY UNCUT JOURNEY THROUGH SERIES OF ALL THINGS TNT. A SENSUAL, INTI...
26.9K 948 27
What If Terrence and Taraji Were Real And His Wife Was The Other Woman