He Who Weaves Nightmares | PU...

By IraCrow13

When the three gods of the dream world accidentally caused a mass homicide, their father, Erebus, decided to... More

Announcement
Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1 - I Loathe Coffee
Chapter 2 - Teen Gaspard
Chapter 3 - A Time for Firsts
Chapter 4 - The Loveseat
Chapter 5 - Green Ice
Chapter 6 - Pop Culture
Chapter 7 - A Pillion
Chapter 8 - Big Plate
Chapter 9 - Winged Demons
Chapter 10 - The Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 11 - Acting Classes
Chapter 12 - Pangolin
Chapter 13 - Colors
Chapter 14 - Led Zep
Chapter 15 - Caramel Apology
Chapter 16 - Unicorns and Horses
Chapter 17 - Savoring Cheesecake
Chapter 18 - Whose Fairy Tale
Chapter 19 - Cognac Swing
Chapter 20 - The Sweetest Nightmare
Chapter 21 - The Shadows Return
Chapter 22 - Post Prom
Chapter 23 - MIA on Grad Day
Chapter 24 - Sealing the Tunnel
Chapter 25 - Fictitious Wings
Chapter 27 - Discretionary Hours
Chapter 28 - Elysium
Chapter 29 - Once Upon a Hammock
Chapter 30 - Not an Italian Lake
Chapter 31 - Through the Narrow Strip
Chapter 32 - Psychedelic Cycladic
Chapter 33 - Beholden
Chapter 34 - Aislin
Chapter 35 - Unsealing the Tunnel
Chapter 36 - Between Scylla and Charybdis (Part I)
Chapter 36 - Between Scylla and Charybdis (Part II)
Chapter 37 - Between Brothers
Chapter 38 - When We Sleep
Chapter 39 - When We Wake
Chapter 40 - Working for Hades
Chapter 41 - Rejection Dejection
Chapter 42 - To be Mortal
Chapter 43 - The Family Tree (Part I)
Chapter 43 - The Family Tree (Part II)
Chapter 44 - Not the Usual Trade
Chapter 45 - I See You
Chapter 46 - Ill-Fated Nightmare (Part I)
Chapter 46 - Ill-Fated Nightmare (Part II)
Chapter 47 - A Weaver's Wings

Chapter 26 - Powder Blue

1.7K 138 29
By IraCrow13

Chapter 26 – Powder Blue

Weaver

Francis wouldn't say why he forced me to purchase a tailored suit and trousers. Before my sessions with Freud and Thanatos, I'd probably have dug my heels in and stayed at home. But I considered myself more mature and considerate now and I decided to humor my younger sibling. I had been an absentee brother the past decade and I wanted to make it up to him.

Anyway, I'd finished the movie and there was nothing to do at home. I could continue sketching, but I wasn't feeling inspired.

Sacrilege!

But now that I found myself nearly gagging in a fitted powder blue dress shirt—Francis wouldn't let me get the black shirt; he said I should add some color to my wardrobe—matched with the grey suit and pants and the brown patent leather shoes, I realized I had a ton of things I needed to take care of now that I was back.

"Francis, I forgot I have to get in touch with..." I began.

"Don't even," Francis replied. "You can call your imaginary contact when we get home. We'll be done soon."

I scowled. And when I saw Francis about to get an unreasonably priced bow tie for me, I grabbed him by the collar and dragged him to the counter.

Not before he was able to seize a navy blue tie instead.

I grudgingly paid for the items I was not sure I'd be wearing again after tomorrow, dropped off Francis at home and decided to drive around the village for a while.

I idly drove around, seemingly aimless, but I knew where I was headed. Nothing much had changed. I was pleasantly surprised that both Dawn's Diner and Big Plate were still standing. I was pleased that the café now offered a variety of tea. I ordered a chocolate mint tea and sipped it as I continued circling the streets. Red Oven was also still flourishing and I bought three boxes of cheesecake. I knew an adorable angel who loved cheesecake. I grinned.

By dusk, I found myself in front of the Fishers' house, but a different family occupied the place.

I looked at the luxury sedan parked in the open garage, the flagstone walkway decking the front yard and the faces of strangers through the window.

I stared at the boxes of cake on my passenger seat.

The giddy feeling that had encased me the past half hour was quelled by a range of adverse feelings I had learned to control the past years. I was surprised. In denial. It was possible the Fishers were just on holiday and these were their relatives house sitting. I was upset. What was I going to do with all this cake now? I closed my eyes. If I promised to wear a tie tomorrow, could I open my eyes to the possibility that the Fishers just moved to a more comfortable place next door?

Zeus! Was I going through the stages of death?! Had I not spent a period with Thanatos, I would not have been aware.

I laughed bitterly to myself.

I was disappointed. Why had Francis not told me that Selene and her family had moved?

I had never asked.

It made sense though. Selene had moved to study in a different state years ago. Perhaps her mother and sisters had followed her.

I wondered how she was. What had she pursued? Was she taking care of herself? Was she happy? She had been so selfless.

Did she remember me? After so many years, I had learned to control my emotions yet when it came to her, I felt selfish.

Perhaps it was time to access her tunnel. Did I deserve to?

**

A/N: As much as Ice had been an absentee brother, I know I'd been an absentee writer. I really, really want get back to writing for you guys who've inspired me to do what I love best :-)

I know this is a short chapter, but I'll find the time to write more the coming weeks. I still hope you enjoy this short part along with Robyn's song. It's a sad song, but it makes me smile :-) Have a great week ahead!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 78 12
**Story Sample, you can find this story on DREAME*** Hades, God of the Underworld was stripped of his love Persephone, when Selene, the Moon Goddess...
6.8K 468 47
* Past my bedtime story Volume 1. * "So, you're some sort of Sandman?" Morpheus closed his eyes at her question. There wasn't a word he hated more...
70.5K 2.2K 30
Dream is the king and guardian of Positivity, older brother to the prince and guardian of Negativity; Nightmare. Dream had been born as an alpha, his...
100 13 19
In the hot summer of 1999 sons of the rivaling dream gods Morpheus the god of dreams and Epiales god of nightmares are now ready to face each other...