George O'Malley

By GreysWolf202

Riley Foster, a 24 year old woman who dreams of being a doctor. As she begins her intern year at Seattle Grac... More

Introduction
~one~
~three~
Another fic.
~four~
~five~
~six~
~seven~
~eight~
~nine~
~ten~
~eleven~
~twelve~
~thirteen~
~fourteen~
~fifteen~
~sixteen~
~seventeen~
~eighteen~
~nineteen~
~twenty~
~twenty one~
~twenty two~
~twenty three~
~twenty four~
~twenty five

~two~

8K 127 24
By GreysWolf202

Riley's POV
It's been seven hours since our shift began. Seven long hours of trying to make our patients happy. Finally, I get a small break. George and I went to the cafeteria to eat with the other interns. After getting my food, I take a seat next to George and Izzie.

"Shift is a marathon not a sprint. Eat." George tells Izzie.

"I can't." Izzie replies, a very disgusted look on her face.

"Just try." George says.

" I can't After completing 17 rectal exams. Nazi hates me." Izzie, still poking at her food with a worried look on her face.

"She doesn't not. She's an resident. I have attendings hating me." George says with a mouthful.

"You know Meredith is in bred?" Cristina

"Her mother is Ellis grey." Cristina tells us, making my eyes widen.

"Shut up. The Ellis grey?" Izzie whispers.

"Whos Ellis Grey?" George asks.

"You don't know the Grey method?" I question him.

"Where'd you go to med school, Mexico?" Cristina says.

"She was one of the first chick surgeons. She practically invented the-" Izzie says, but is cut off by Cristina.

"She's won the Harper Avery. Twice." Cristina tells us all.

"Okay so I didn't know one thing." George says, earning a sympathetic smile from me.

"I would kill to have Ellis Grey as a mother." Cristina says,leaning in her right arm.

"I would kill to be Ellis Grey" I say very quietly, as usual.

"Phahuhuf." George mutters, placing an apple in his mouth.

Meredith sits down at the table and says,"Katie Bryce is a pain in the butt. If I hadn't taken the hypocritical, it put a fork in her with my bare hands."

We all stared at Meredith as she gave us all confused looks.

"What" she asks.

George shakes his head as I go back to eating my cafeteria food.

"You don't talk much do you Riley?" Cristina asks me.

I look over at her and shyly shake my head. I don't know why I'm so shy. Sometimes I wish I wasn't. I'm about to say something else when Burke begins walking over to us.

"Hello interns! It's not posted, but I think I'll share the good news personally. As you know, the honor of performing the first surgery is reserved for the intern that shows the most promise." Burke says as he stands behind a very awkward looking George.

"As I'm running the OR today, I get to make that choice." He explains, causing Cristina and Meredith to stiffen in their chairs.

Burke places a hand on George's shoulder and says," George O'Malley."

"Me?" George mumbles with his mouth full.

"You'll scrub in for an appendectomy this afternoon." Burke tells him, walking away.

I send him a huge grin and say, "I told you. Congratulations."

Everyone else starts looking around at each other. I'm the only one who didn't look shocked.

"Did he say me?" George mutters.
___________
We all finish eating and George has to go scrub in for his surgery now. I decide to go sit in the gallery and watch.

Right now, he is standing in the corner muttering the steps to his surgery.

"He's gonna faint. He's a fainter." The guy behind me says.

Everyone in the room is talking bad about him, making me angry. George is my friend and I know he's gonna pull it off.

"Ten bucks says he's gonna mess it up" the irrelevant man behind me says.

"Fifteen says he cries." Cristina says walking into the room.

" I put twenty on a total melt down." The guys friend chimes in.

" Fifty says he pulls the whole thing off." I say, speaking louder than I ever have before. Everyone begins to stare at me.

"She's right. That's one of us down there. The first one of us. Where's your loyalty?" Meredith says from beside me.

I look over at her and give her a smile.

"Thanks." I tell her. In return I get a smile and a nod.

"Seventy five says he can't identify the appendix." Cristina says loudly.

"I'll take that action." Izzie responds from the other side of me. I roll my eyes at how pathetic these people are. If that was them down there, they would want people on their side. Not betting against them.

George is about to begin his surgery when he looks up to the gallery. He searches the room until he meets my eyes. I give him a small smile. He then looks back down and asks for the scalpel.

I look to my left and see a very attractive man walk into the room. He looked pretty cocky, the way he crossed his arms across his chest, the way he stood like he owned the place. I decided to stop staring at him and look back down to George.

Everyone begins cheering for him, causing Burke to tell them to knock it off.

George begins to cut into the patient. He seems to be doing very well, causing a huge smile to spread across my face. He's totally rocking it!
George has now found the appendix, causing some people to cheer.

" I told you guys. He's gonna pull the whole thing off." I say, not taking my eyes off of him.

He got it! George took the appendix out! I started clapping while everyone around me cheered some more. Wait. Oh no. He broke the the secum. The patients body is filling with stool, and poor George doesn't know what to do.

"He's choking." Christina says. No no. Come on. Just stop the bleeding George!

"Come on George. You got this." I mumble under my breath.

Burke pushes George out of the way and takes over. He looks up at the gallery at me again.

"007." The cocky man in the corner of the room says.

"Total double oh seven." Another man behind me says.

"What's double oh seven?" Izzie asks.

"Licensed to kill." I say, still holding eye contact with George.

Everyone begins getting out of their seats. I sit there, still looking at George when he goes back into the scrub room. I decide to follow Meredith to the hallway where there was some hospital beds.

____________
"007. Their calling me 007 aren't they." George asks, rolling around in a wheelchair.

"No ones calling you 007." We all tell George in sync.

"I was in the elevator and Murphy whispered 007." George says.

"How many times do we have to go through this George? 5? 10?" Cristina says, storming out of the hallway.

"Murphy said 007 and everybody laughed." George told us.

"He wasn't talking about you." Izzie reassures George.

"You're sure?" He asks her.

"Would we lie to you?" Meredith questions him.

"Yes!" George says.

"007 is a state of mind." Cristina yells from the vending machine.

"Says the girl who finished first in her class at Stanford." George shouts, spinning in circles on the wheel chair.

Meredith starts getting a page and says, "ah man. It's 911 for Katie Bryce. I gotta go."

She then runs out of the room, leaving me and Izzie in the bed with George still in the wheel chair.

"Maybe I should have gone into geriatrics." George says.

"Surgery is hot. It's macho, it's hardcore. Geriatrics is for freaks who lives with their mothers and never has sex." Cristina tells him, walking back and taking her place on the bed.

"I gotta get my own place." George says, wheeling away in his chair.

I smile at George, not fully understanding why every time I look at him, my stomach does a somersault. I met this guy yesterday morning. I can't have feelings for him, right?

Little do you know Riley. Little do you know.

Hope you guys are enjoying!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 160 10
Y/n Shepard is a top-notch pediatric surgeon and hematologist at Seattle Grace. So, when his older brother is called down to Seattle Grace by Dr. Web...
101K 2.4K 74
Danica Rose Millers has gone through hell on earth. She starts her internship at Seattle Grace Hospital and meets people who will change her life for...
7.4K 289 42
Victoria Carolyn shepherd just turned 22 years old is about to start being an intern at one of the highest hospitals in the world called Seattle Grac...
4.2K 142 17
⎯⎯Greys Anatomy INTERN🩻🥼🩺 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 a group of 6 start internship at Seattle grace and get more than they hoped for. DEREK SHEPHERD X READE...