BitterSweet

By Female_Alpha31

"Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time... More

Prologue I
Prologue II

I

78 5 8
By Female_Alpha31

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment."

Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever

Note

I'm not a great writer, but I'll try my best to live up to this book and your expectations. Feel free to give your opinions but please keep the negativity away, no author wants to know how much you want to watch them burn for making you read this. Also, if you like it, please share it with your friends. Comment your thoughts and vote for my book.

This book is mine. If I find it copied (not that it will be worth copying but anyway) on any site, I will gladly become your worst nightmare.

If anyone is interested in werewolf stories, I'm also writing another book called 'mine'. Check it out if you want.

Also, this book is dedicated to two very special friends of mine. AK47 and Em, I really hope you guys love this shit. I love you guys.

Enjoy.

Adrian Black.

'Calm your tits, woman. We will be there soon,' My bestfriend, Fernando, shrieked at the girl sitting next to him.

The girl just giggled and turned away from him, sticking her chest out in a very 'seductive' manner and popped her lollypop back in her mouth. I had long before forgotten her name so I'll just stick to calling her 'the girl'. Fernando had picked her up from the club, deeming her as attractive and very quiet. Maybe it was my drunken state that caused me to think this, but that woman was anything but quiet.

I sighed, trying to keep down the nausea. The girl reaches over to me after her failed attempts to catch her clients attention.

'Baby, you look like you could use some-' She got cut off by the car coming to an abrupt stop.

'Get the fuck out,' Fernando exclaimed.

She mouth dropped open and she took her raspberry lollypop out, making a very slurpy noise. She snorted in a very atrocious manner and threw the door open.

'Don't slam the-' He got cut off by the loud slam of the door. Due to my drunken state, I started laughing loudly, holding my stomach and nudging my friend like a goddamn kindergartner.

Fernando looked at me like I had grown two heads,' Jesus, stop,'

I just laughed louder, sounding like a hyena on crack. He rolled his eyes and resumed the drive. I lay my head down on the headrest, my eyes drooping with only one question on my head.

Why were we drinking in the first place?

***

The sunlight streamed through the dark curtains and hit my face, pulling me out of my heavy slumber.

Beep.

'Mr Black, your meeting has been scheduled with Mr Harrison in one hour. Then you have to meet Mrs Black for a lunch date. Lastly, your dinner date has been arranged with Miss Lake at seven o'clock sharp,' My secretary's voice echoed in my room. I gave a subtle grunt and checked my clock.

Eight O'clock. Right on time.

Beep.

'Oh and breakfast is ready,' She chirped, making my heavy head feel heavier.

I took a shower, letting my thoughts race. Lunch date with mother. She's undoubtedly going to ask me to be on my best behaviour for the dinner with the girl she had recommended. The dates she organises often end up with us socialising in a very intimate manner and then sneaking out the next day. The same cycle. Well, at least I get some action while making my mother happy. My throbbing head reminded me how much I had drank last night and the reason that had led me to it. That motherfucking asshole, Dave. He had known the right wires to pull to get a reaction out of me, insulting my coma induced sister.

Stepping out of the tub, I wrap a towel around my waist and pull out my clothes from my walk in closet.

The newspaper greets my sight when I enter the dining room. Along with a very hefty breakfast. I feast my eyes with the latest news and my stomach with the exceptional food, before calling my chauffeur, Matt.

My secretary hands me my blazer and phone, while reciting the schedule again.

'Sir, your father sent this,' She said as she handed me an envelope , 'He also said that you shouldn't take his threat lightly,'

I ripped the envelope open and pulled out a contract. It was already signed. It was the same contract my father had made me sign when I had taken over the company. One line, just one line in the entire contract had been highlighted in neon yellow.

'If the successor does not marry before the age of twenty five, the company shall revoke his ownership and find a new successor.'

What kind of bullshit is this?

I dialed his number on my phone, while taking deep breaths and trying to calm my raging anger.

'I knew you would call,' His shrill voice rang through the phone.

'Father, what the fuck is this? I don't want to get married,'' I snarled.

'Okay,' He replied solemnly.

'Okay?' I asked completely confused.

'Yes okay. If you don't want to get married, then don't get married. I tried so hard to bring this company where it is today. I guess I will just have to pass it on to your cousin, Dave,' He let out defeatedly.

I rolled my eyes ,' That won't be necessary, Father,'

'It won't?'

'No it won't. I signed the contract, now I have to live up to it. Hell will freeze over before Dave comes within a ten foot radius of the company,'

Just promise me that the you won't let mother bring any of her girls in between. You know exactly how that ends,'

'Sure Son,' He snickered before turning serious, 'Remember though, you only have three months before your twenty fifth birthday,'

'Goodbye father,' I replied and hung up the phone.

I slipped my phone inside my pocket and turned to my secretary, 'Keep this contract in the company vault and ask Andrew to contact me,'

She briefly nodded and I stepped out of the elevator.

'Good Morning Sir,' Matt greeted me, opening the door to my Audi.

'To the head office, Sir?' He straightened the rear view mirror.

I grunted and he took off, leading straight to my money making heaven.

***

'Mother, would you like some caviar?' I asked, seated in front of my birth giver. She merely looked at me before nodding and averting her eyes back to the pathetic orchestra.

'Mother, would you like some wine?' I tried again, trying to catch her attention. Again she gave me a subtle nod and turned her face away. I sighed and leaned towards her.

'Mother, I know you're angry. How do I make it up to you?' I asked, completely defeated. It finally caught her attention and she turned towards me, an excited smile playing on her lips.

'Go to the dinner tonight, Adrian,'

I rubbed my hand on my face,' This is the last time, okay?'

She squealed and leaned against the table to hug me,' You're my best son,'

'Alright Mother,' I said as she pulled away and signalled for a waiter that hurried towards us.

'Yes si-' His shaky voice was cut off by a loud scream in the room.

'WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE THIS IS?!' A man, about my age, screamed at the top of his lungs. His face red with fury. A girl stood in front of him, her back towards me.

She tucked her chair in and picked up a glass full of wine and...a necklace?

What the fuck?

'You think way too highly of yourself. Do I look like some gold digger to you? No really, is 'I'm a gold digging, bloodsucking prostitue' written on my forehead? I may be poor but trust me, none of your black money attracts my so called 'evil intentions',' She spat out furiously, her words ringing through the silent room. I felt something churning in the pit of my stomach. Even though it was shaking with anger, her voice was so smooth and silky that I had to take a double take at the feeling of awe that spread through me.

What the hell is wrong with me? I don't even know her.

The mysterious girl picked up the glass and poured it down the pricks head, the necklace falling to the floor. The man in turn stood up and grabbed her retreating figure.

'C'mon darling, I'm sure we can work this out,' His voice was loving but his eyes spoke differently.

'Get your filthy hands off her,' Finally having enough of the drama, I decided to speak, surprising everyone.

The pair turned towards me, the man challenging me to come forward and take away what he wanted.

I walked towards them, my eyes boring into his pathetic existence.

'I said, get your filthy hands off her,' I said as I ripped his arm away from her scrawny arm. He stumbled for a moment before clenching his fists and running straight for me.

Before I could strike his dirty ass back to where is belonged, the security guards took hold of him and starting pulling him out of the restaurant.

'I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, we have it under control now,' The manager stuttered into the microphone he had snatched from the orchestra.

I was about to walk back to the table when a tap on my shoulder stopped me. The girl that I just stopped from getting hurt greeted my sight. Her almond shaped, dark brown eyes bore into my own with an unexplainable fury in them. Her hair, the same colour of her eyes cascaded around her face and down her back. Her plump scarlet lips were apart as she breathed roughly. Her beautiful voice brought me out of my reviere.

'Who the hell do you think you are?' She seethed, her warm breath caressing my face. That's when I realised how she was taller than average.

'Excuse me?' I said, completely confused.

'As thankful as I am, you did not have no step in between and try to become my knight in shining armour. I'm no damsel in distress. I could've handled the situation myself,' She folded her arms against her perfect chest.

'Oh forgive me, I tried to save you from a man that was hell bent on claiming you. I'm sorry if my mother taught me good manners and it affected your plans to kick some ass,' I said sarcastically, taking a dramatic pause, 'Or get your ass kicked,'

She rolled her eyes, 'I could've-'

I cut her off ,'You could've but you didn't,'

'Only because you didn't let me,' She replied, looking aggravated.

'And if I-' I tried to tell how much of a favor I had done for her when the manager interrupted me.

'Sir, I'm sorry to interrupt but can you please take this somewhere else?' He said, touching our shoulders.

The girl shrugged his hand off, 'Go to hell,' Saying this she walked away, grabbing her coat from the hooks.

What the actual fuck just happened?

***

'Sir? You wanted to see me?' Andrew popped his head inside the room, halting my thoughts about the crazy girl from the restaurant.

'Oh yes. Come in,' I stood up from my desk and made my way to the giant glass wall that looked over the entire of Newyork.

'I need a bride,'

'Excuse me?' He said, baffled.

'I said, I need a bride. I need you to find me a girl that will be obedient, pretty, quiet and ready to marry a man she doesn't know,' I said. I never wanted to marry, I only have to do it for the company.

'Sir, this is the twenty first century. I don't think you-'

'I'll give her a Hundred Thousand dollars,' I said, pulling out the already signed check and handing it over to him. His eyes grew wide and he nodded.

'Alright Sir, I'll get on to it right away,' He said and shut the door behind him, once again leaving me to think about the beauty I had met just this afternoon.

☆☆☆

Comment, share and vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 935 10
Her boyfriend messed with the wrong guys. Now she has to 'pay' them back with her body.
93.9K 3.5K 38
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
73.3K 240 11
As the title says
48.7K 1.4K 35
β€žYou are the reason why I'm here today." _-_-_-_-_ After the truth about the relationship between Max Verstappen and Kelly Piquet came out, his world...