Adopting the Bad Boy

By jade775

When mum and dad sat us down and said they were adopting, me and my two brothers were shocked, we are all in... More

1- Adopting?
2~ Welcome to the family
3~ School
4~What Zach Thinks
5- Run ins with Evil
6- Kisses
7- The "Boyfriend"
8- He punched who!!!
9// "I want to help you"
10//Bad Boy
11//"I have to do this"
12// Stop!
14// Family Night
15// Hospitals
16// "Summer's missing!"
17// Troubled new guy
18// Parting with the New Guy
19// A little game I like to call, Never Have I Ever
20// "I came to Talk to You."
21// What if she doesn't love me back?
22// You are too cute!
23// What is your heart telling you?
24// Let Him go back to His Drugs & Girls
25// I'm sorry, I can't help myself
26// Please put your clothes on!
27// You think you're the only one with a little problem?
28//May I Have This Dance
29// Soon we'll make our baby again
30// The Plan
31// Really Life Is Great
32// Son, We will Get Her Back

13// "What do you mean she's not in a good place?"

1.1K 48 10
By jade775

Summer

I sit on my balcony looking out into the ocean, everything is different now. I have no boyfriend and that makes me feel like I have no one, like I'm alone all over again. Sometimes I wish things didn't go to shit with me and Ariel because she really was the best person in my life.

My phone rings in my pocket and I pull it out, it's an unknown number but I answer anyway.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Summer?" I hear the familiar voice.

"Ariel?" I question.

"I'm sorry you probably don't want to hear from me right now but I had to call."

"Ok go on."

"Chase-"

"No stop right there, I don't want to hear about that dickhead, anything but him."

"No Summer you need to know."

"Fine go on."

"Chase was making out with Darcy." She explains.

"Oh please, Darcy isn't like you Ariel she actually cares about my feelings."

"Look on Facebook if you don't believe me Summer." I walk inside my room and open my laptop and logging into Facebook and the first thing that I see, Darcy and Chase sucking each others faces off.

"I don't know how they can do this to me! What did I ever do to deserve this?"

"You gave them the popularity they wanted and now they are done with you Summer, I'm sorry."

"I'm over everyone, why can't I find a real friend?"

"You have a real friend."

"And who would that be, cause last time I checked I'm all alone."

"You have Zach."

"I only have Zach until he finds another girl to make out with, everyone is temporary."

"Everything will workout Summer, I have to go hopefully we can talk again."

"Yeah maybe, cya." I say before hanging up and tossing my phone on the bed.

I find myself glaring at the photo in front of me and I just cant believe how the two most important people to me suddenly became my least favourite people ever. I also cant wrap my head around the convocation I just had with Ariel we haven't been that nice to each other since I can't remember. It's sad how all my best friends steal my boyfriends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zach's POV

I let Summer storm up to her room and I didn't bother stopping her, I know she needs to be alone. She hates when her mum and dad aren't home and the twins not being here doesn't make it any easier. If you thinking 'they are your parents too,' I know they are but I see it more as they gave me a house to live in because they have hardly been home since I got here.

I grab my phone from my back pocket and decide to give the twins a call.

"Hey Zach what's up?" Greyson asks answering the phone.

"Hey by any chance can you guys get home as soon as possible?" I ask quickly.

"Oh my god why? Did something happen? Is it Summer? Is she ok?" Get starts firing out all these questions.

"Well yeah it's kind of because of Summer." I explain.

"We are on our way home. What happened?"

"I'll explain when you get home I don't want you having a car crash."

"Ok we will be there as fast as possible but we are about 3 hours away."

"Ok see you soon."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and just as I was about to put it back in my pocket it rang, probably Greyson.

"Yeah Grey?" I answer.

"Hey Zach it's me Ariel." Ariel says from the other end.

"Oh right sorry hey, umm look Ariel I'm not really interested right now." I explain, I mean I've been through her she's old news now.

"I don't want to get you in bed Zach, I want to talk to you about Summer." She says shocking me a little.

"I thought you and Summer have some sort of beef or something?"I ask not really knowing the answer.

"She has beef with me but I have never done anything to intentionally hurt her there are just somethings that had to be done." She explains and even though I don't really understand I don't push the topic any further.

"Ok anyway what was it you called for?"

"I have just been on the phone with Summer and I was talking with her and I explained how Darcy and Chase were kissing after school and-"

"Wait hold up they were kissing after school?" I say cutting her off.

"Yes now let me finish. She's seen the photo of them on Facebook and then she started talking about how she feels alone and then I explained that she has you but then she went on to say that your only with her until you find the next girl to hookup with. Zach you need to be there for her because I know Summer better than anyone else and I know she isn't in a good place right now, she's been holding up the wall but soon it will just crumble."

"What do you mean she isn't in a good place?" I say starting to freak out.

"I mean she isn't in a good place she needs to be pulled out of the state of mind she is in right now and not many people can do that, but you can Zach I know you can." I start to stress even more and I'm already running up stairs before Ariel can finish.

I hurry to Summer's room and throw her door open, I look to see she isn't in her room so I run to the bathroom and freeze. She is lent over the bath with a blade to her wrist.

"Blue." I whisper taking slow steps towards her.

"No Zach leave, I need to do this." She says tears streaming down her face.

"No Blue you don't have to hurt yourself."

"Yes I do it's the only way to make the pain go away." I notice her press the blade to her skin and I kneel down next to her.

"Please don't." I whisper so soft I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't hear me.

I grab both her arms and move them away, slowly taking the blade out of her hand. I toss it into the bath and pull her body close to me, resting her head on my chest. "Shhh Blue I'm here, alway, don't forget that please." I feel her tears start to soak onto my shirt but I don't care because all I care about is saving the person that mean's the world to me.

"Zach I don't know if I can do it anymore, mum and dad are always gone and soon Greyson and Jayden are going to collage it's just going to be me and you but even then you will have your girls and drugs and I'll have my blades and tears." This causes a stray tear to roll down my face, now I never cry, I haven't for a long time I promised myself  that, but this, I couldn't stop that stray tear.

"Summer Blue, I will never leave you especially not for drugs and stupid girls, I would drop all of that in a heartbeat to save you, I can't live without you. I can't live without my best friend." I kiss her on the top of her head as she continues to cry.

She cries for about and hour but when she does stop crying we don't pull apart, I continue to hold her in my arms right until the twins get home and barge through the door.

"SB?" I hear Jayden shout.

"Sum?" Greyson shouts at the same time.

They round the corner to the bathroom and they both freeze. I look down at Summer's tear stained face and notice she is fast asleep. I pick her up and carry her to bed being as quiet as possible. I tell the twins to go downstairs and I'll talk to them down there. I tuck Summer in and kiss her on the head. I walk back into the bathroom picking up the blade from the bath not wanting her to touch it ever again.

"What's wrong with her?" Jayden questions as I round the corner into the living room.

"A lot but let me start from the top." I explain everything that happened with Chase and how he kissed Darcy after school.

"I am going to kill that kid!" Grey says with clenched fists.

"Please do." I reply.

"Is that all?" Jayden asks concerned.

"No. Summer almost cut herself but I got to her just in time. I've never been more scared in my whole life." I explain.

"No please not again." Jayden says dropping his head into his hands.

"What do you mean not again?" I ask.

"When her and Ariel stopped being friends she was in a bad place and it wasn't until she met Chase that everything was perfect again." Greyson says.

"Ariel is the one that warned me." Both the twins looked shocked as I say this.

"Like Ariel, Ariel?" Jayden asks.

"I only know one Ariel." I say.

"Ariel does know Summer the best after all." Greyson explains.

"How though?" I ask still confused.

"That's for Summer to tell." Greyson says.

"Ok well I'm going to bed, thank you guys for coming home early."

"Anything for our baby sister. Goodnight Zach."

I walk upstairs but instead of going into my room I pop my head into Summer's room.

"Goodnight Blue." I whisper.

"Zach?" I hear just as I'm about  to shut the door.

"Yeah?"

"Please stay in here." I walk over to the other side of the bed and get in, removing my shirt and getting comfy, I pull Summer to my chest and she fits perfectly.

"Goodnight my beautiful Blue." I say kissing the top of her head and falling asleep.

•••••••••••
How do you guess like the book so far? I am open for feedback and votes and comments are very much appreciated xx
Enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 329 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...
54.9K 872 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
43.5K 771 31
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
159K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...