Switched?! [Natsu x Reader]

By Detherny

You and Natsu never got along. You've been rivals with him for 6 years, when he joined the guild. It all chan... More

O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y O n e
T w e n t y T w o
T w e n t y T h r e e
T w e n t y F o u r
T w e n t y S i x

T w e n t y F i v e

8.1K 259 400
By Detherny

I stretch as I walk along the path that leads to my little cottage. Oh, how much I missed my home. . .my bed. It's been forever since I've slept on something soft. After all, we were gone for nearly two months. Excitement rushes through me and I skip down the path. I'm too excited to lay down on the bed and shower all the sweat and dirt! I finally get to my cottage and I unlock it, opening the door and stepping inside. I raise my head and inhale the air. Still smells good in here, thank goodness. I look around after I close the door and surprisingly, everything seems to be clean and not dusty as I expected.

I'm guessing Mirajane cleaned it for me.

"Home sweet home," I whisper and walk to my bedroom.

Ah, there's my beautiful bed. I run and jump on the bed, my body bouncing from the impact of the soft and fluffy bed. The party was so much fun that it took away most of my energy. I sigh and turn around to lie on my back and look up at the ceiling. I missed seeing the ceiling, too. Suddenly, Natsu's blushing face flashes in my mind and I smile, sitting up.

Natsu. . .after he woke up he started acting like an awkward mess and it was adorable.

I mean, I wouldn't expect that much from Natsu, right? After all, he's never had that much experience with women. I stand up and walk to the bathroom, ruffling my hair. I turn on the shower and begin to remove my clothes.

"HEY, [NAME], NATSU MISSES YOU, SO COU--- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I jump in surprise and look down, only to see Happy there, his jaw dropped and face as white as a sheet. I look down at myself and sigh in relief when all he saw was me in my bra and underwear. It's nothing bad. . . . "Happy. . .EVER HEARD OF KNOCKING THE FRONT DOOR?!" I shout, grabbing a brush and towering over him. Happy screams and runs down the hall, while I chase after him.

"NATSU!!! SAVE ME!"

"Huh? Happy?"

Happy hides behind Natsu and the blue exceed points at me. "IT'S A MONSTER! A NAKED MONSTER!" I growl, gripping my brush tightly.

"Happy, you. . . !" I glare at the cat.

"[N-N-N-N-Name]?!!!! Where are your clothes?!" Natsu shrieks, turning red. I point at Natsu and narrow my eyes.

"You both are perverts! You need to knock on the door first before you come inside a house, idiots!"

"Do you even realize you're in your underwear?!" Happy exclaims. I huff and walk back to the bathroom.

"Being in my underwear is just like being in my bikini," I answer, "sit down if you plan on staying here."

"Oi, Natsu, you're so red!" Happy exclaims. Natsu looks at his exceed and opens his mouth, sitting down on the couch.

"I-I'm not red! It's pink because my hair is reflecting on my skin."

"Natsu, even an exceed like me isn't that dumb."

Natsu looks down, his face shades of red. "It's just that. . .[Name] looked real beautiful," he murmurs shyly.

"Whoa-ho-ho, Natsu, Natsu~, you nasty little dragon," Happy says covering his mouth to make himself look sly. Natsu purses his lips and looks away. "Natsu, you do know she's in the shower." Happy wiggles his thin eyebrows and Natsu chokes.

"Ha-Happy, what's made you like this?" Natsu questions, looking at his best friend with an incredulous expression. Happy giggles and waves his hand.

"Don't worry, don't worry. Nobody teached me. Hehe."

Hearing the bathroom door open, Natsu immediately tenses up. He sees [Name] walking down the hall wearing her tanktop and shorts, and her hair was wet. It was definitely attractive. Way too attractive. The way her eyes fluttered, and the way her legs strided towards him. They look real smooth, too. Too smooth to be exact.

I wave my hands over Natsu's face, who seems to be stuck in a daze. "Natsu?" I call, waving my hand over his eyes. He shakes his head and his face turns red. I raise an eyebrow and laugh. "Don't tell me you're embarrassed?" He shakes his head vigorously and babbles. "Natsu, just admit it." I cross my arms and smile meaningly. He shyly looks down and puts his hands in his hair.

"I-I'm pretty embarrassed, but it's because I see you differently now, and uh---" Natsu trails off and I tilt my head, waiting to hear more, "it's my first time feeling like this."

My heartbeat quickens and I bite my bottom lip, just simply staring at him. He looks up at me bashfully and mutters, "Say something. I'm getting even more embarrassed."

"Well, believe it or not, it's also my first time feeling like this, so let's go through this together," I say, grinning as wide as I can. Natsu stares up at me and grins also.

"Hey, I'm here, too!" Happy cuts in. I glare at the blue exceed, who backs away slowly. "I'm sorry! I just wanted to be involved!"

"Well, you ruined it," I growl.

"I'm glad I came here," Natsu says, laughing. 

-Few days later-

It's a regular day in Fairy Tail, as usual. I look around the guild, and then my eyes set on my pink haired idiot, who's sitting in front of me with a wide smile---- wait, when did he get there? "Natsu, you're back from your job already?" I question. He nods and then holds out a huge bag.

"I received 10,000 jewels! That dumb burglar was easy to take care of! Wahahaha!" Natsu proudly puffs out his chest. Lucy comes over, rubbing her temples.

"You wouldn't believe it. He burned down the whole town," she mutters and I laugh.

"That's expected of the Flame Princess," I say and Natsu swivels his head to my direction.

"Be quiet---- uh, YOU!"

"Your name calling has weakened, just like you," Gray cuts in the conversation, laughing. I slap the black haired mage's head and he glares at me. "Why you, Natsu lover!"

"Why don't you shut it, stripper?" I argue back. Lucy nervously laughs and waves her hand in between us.

"Please, please calm down!"

"EVERYONE THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!" Romeo shouts, standing in the doorway of the guild. "I need everyone but [Name] with me!" Everyone turns their eyes on me and I raise an eyebrow at Romeo, pointing at myself.

"Why not me?" I question.

"JUST NOT YOU, OKAY? OKAY, EVERYONE COME WITH ME!" Everyone looks at me and then they walk towards Romeo, besides Natsu and Happy.

"Did you do something?!" Natsu inquires. I shake my head at him and lean back in my seat.

"I haven't done anything for the past few days," I answer, calmly.

"Don't worry, if it's something dumb, I'm helping you get out of it!" Natsu claims with a determined expression. I roll my eyes.

"Mmmmm, now go before you get into trouble."

Natsu runs and then looks back at me, opening his mouth. He closes it and then faces forward again. I let out a sigh and close my eyes, until I hear a certain someone.

"I love you!"

I open my eyes and look at the door, only to see the door slammed shut. Did he seriously just do that? Haha oh my god, what a dork. "I love you, too," I whisper and then look around. I'm basically the only one here. I wonder why everyone's gone, is today some kind of special meeting? Why am I left out?

"Oh, where did everyone go?"

I turn around and see Erza, looking around with her hands on her hips. "They left somewhere. I don't know where though, since I was told not to come," I explain, shrugging. Her expression darkens.

"I forgot," she mutters. I tilt my head, curiously. "I GOTTA GO!" She exclaims and shoots out of the guild, leaving me alone once again.

"WHAT'S THE ISSUE TODAY?" I growl and stand up, stomping to the guild doors. "I'm going also! I'm not going to be left out!" I open the doors, but they don't budge. "Huh?" I rapidly pull on the door, but it only rattles and stays still. I sigh and fire engulfs my hands. I'm so glad I can copy magic. I prepare my fist and shout, "Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!"

"WAIT! DON'T DESTROY THE DOOR!" I hear Lucy shout from the other side of the door. The fire dissolves and I raise an eyebrow.

"Lucy? Are you holding down the door?"

"W-well, you see, I was told not to let you out. . .yet," she explains a bit nervously.

"This better not be some prank or whatever," I say and she giggles.

"No way. You'll find out, so please wait for a little longer," she gently speaks and I sigh, a small smile tugging at my lips.

"I'll wait. . .for two minutes though."

"No, wait! Not two minutes! Let's do 20!"

"What?! You expect me to wait that long? My curiosity is high, you see!"

"Well, yeah. Just wait and see. It'll be awesome, I promise!"

"What will be awesome?"

"YOU'LL SEE, [NAME]. JUST WAIT!" She shouts and I pout.

"Fine, fine. Whatever," I put my back against the door and slide down.

". . .How is it with Natsu?" She asks and I tense up a little. Gah, she still likes him. . . . "Just answer. I won't get mad, since I already decided to give up on that idiot."

"W-well, it's great," I answer awkwardly, "he's really bold sometimes or really shy, and he's so cute. A huge dork, too, and I love seeing him blush. I honestly didn't expect him to be the shy type in a relationship, but I feel like the dominant one, so it's all good." Lucy begins laughing and I furrow my brows, knocking my head backwards to hit the door. "What's so funny, Lushy?"

"That was cute. I'm glad Natsu has someone like you, [Name]. I don't have to worry about that dumb idiot," she says, giggling a bit.

"I've known him for a long time and this is the first time I've felt this way towards him," I mutter.

"I feel like Natsu has liked you for awhile," she says and I can picture her sad expression right now.

". . .Why do you say that?"

"Every time he argued with you, his spirits seemed to boost and he's more talkative."

"Well, that's what happens when you argue. You get riled up and want to beat each other up," I explain laughing.

"No, I mean, he gets more talkative in a good way and he just seems to argue with you to get to talk to you."

I grin, "I'm gonna ask him."

"You can ask him, but don't tell him I said anything--- actually, don't mention me at all!"

"HAHA, alright. I won't mention you, Luuuushhyy."

-Meanwhile at the pool in Fairy Tail-

"Set that over there!" Mirajane directs.

Everyone helps with the decoration and Natsu stays still, looking around, confused. "Who is all this for?" Everyone stops what they're doing and stares at Natsu with "are you kidding me" expressions. The pinkette crosses his arms, frowning. "Are you guys sending [Name] away or something? Why?"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, NATSU-NII?" Romeo shouts. Natsu flinches, startled and Happy also looks around confused.

"I don't understand! What did [Name] do?" Happy questions.

"I seriously don't know what's going on," Natsu scratches his head and Romeo sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Natsu-nii, today," Romeo takes a deep breath, " IS [NAME]'S BIRTHDAY!"

". . . ."

". . . ."

Natsu and Happy stare blankly at Romeo.

"Today is the day she turns 26!"

"OH MY GOD! I DIDN'T KNOW!" Natsu exclaims, tugging his cheeks down and he spins in circles. "I don't even have a present!"

"Natsu! LET'S GO BUY A PRESENT!" Happy declares and grabs Natsu's shoulders, heaving him into the air.

"We'll be back, Romeo!" Natsu shouts and the duo disappear quickly.

"I can't believe he didn't know," Romeo shakes his head and Erza walks by, smiling and standing next to Romeo.

"Not his fault. [Name] seems to have forgotten, too. Plus, they had a lot of things happening before," the red head says.

"That's true," Romeo smiles, "well, let's get back to decorating!"

-Back to [Name]-

"Lushy, it's been more than 20 minutes."

"I know, I'm sorry. Wait even longer!"

"I'm gonna go through the back then."

"You can try, but it's all blocked," Lucy says and I huff.

"I'm gonna go through the chimney."

"We don't even have one."

"Windows?"

"Blocked."

"Underground?"

"Also blocked."

"Roof?"

"Roof is too high, but in case you decide to copy magic, there are some people on the roof."

"Toilet?"

"Taken care of."

"Oh my god! You guys thought so much! What the heck?!" I moan and rub my face. "I'm so freaking bored, and I'm alone inside the guild."

"Lucy?! Why're you blocking the door?" I hear a familiar voice.

NATSU!

"Natsu, what are you doing here?!"

"I came to check on [Name]!"

"Natsu, get me out of here!" I bang on the door. I hear Lucy shush Natsu and then whispering. I really wish I had Natsu's hearing right now.

"O-oh okay."

"Good, now get out of here!" Lucy shouts.

"[N-Name], I'll see you later!" I can hear him shouting curse words and his rapid footsteps, making me smile, but then I realize he left me here.

"NATSU! YOU TRAITOR!" I shout, banging the door even harder.

"Don't worry, I'm here [Name]," I hear Happy and I frown.

"Why are you here?"

"THAT'S MEAN, [NAME]!" Happy cries.

-Meanwhile, in town-

"WHAT DO GIRLS LIKE?" Natsu exclaims as he goes through stores, flailing his arms. Gray sighs as he follows. Natsu had found the ice man wandering in town and asked him to tag along for opinions on things. "SNOWMAN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET [NAME]! WHAT DO GIRLS LIKE?" Gray sighs again.

"You see, it's not about 'what girls like', it's about 'what [NAME] likes' you dumbass," Gray states. Natsu freezes.

Now that he thought about it, he really didn't know much about you. Realizing this, Natsu squats and ruffles his hair. "WHAT KIND OF BOYFRIEND AM I?! IM THE WORSE!"

"I can't believe you just realized that."

"I don't know what to get her!"

"Just get what you think will look good on her, or just make something yourself," Gray says, shoving his hands into his jean pockets.

"Y-you're right! You're right for once, Gray!" Natsu nods and then grins. "I'm gonna get her a blanket! Not just any, but mine! WAHAHA!" Natsu runs off to his home and Gray watches Natsu run off with a small smile.

"This idiot is seriously in love."

-Back to [Name]-

"LUSHY, AM I ALLOWED OUT NOW?! GODDAMMIT!" I shout.

". . . ."

"WHY ARENT YOU ANSWERING ME? WHERE IS HAPPY? HAPPY, GET ME OUT AND YOU GET FISH FROM ME!"

". . .Happy, don't let her get to you," Lucy speaks.

"B-but, FISH!"

I sigh and lay down on the floor. "Fine then, I'm gonna hibernate."

A few minutes pass, and I can feel myself actually getting sleepy. Just as my eyes close, the door opens slightly a crack. "[Name]?"

"What?" I mumble.

"I'm coming in," Lucy enters the guild and holds up a cloth, "I'm gonna have to blind fold you."

I sit up and stare at her with narrowed eyes. "Why?"

"Don't ask just comply," she sternly says, startling me a bit. She walks behind me and puts the cloth over my eyes and ties it behind my head.

"This better not be some type of kinky shit," I murmur and Lucy bursts out laughing.

"Don't worry, you'll like it!" Happy says excitedly. Lucy helps me up and holds my hand, leading me outside.

"Alright, I'll lead us to the destination."

I already know this is some kind of surprise party, but what for? What's today? [Birthdate]? What happens today? WHAT THE FUCK BRAIN, WHY DON'T TOU REMEMBER?

I can smell something that smells good and my mouth waters. "Is that meat I smell?" I question, grinning, walking a bit faster.

"Ah--- wait, you'll f----!"

I yell as I trip over something and my body falls to the floor, but my blindfold also dramatically flutters away. "Owww, my hands," I mumble and analyze them for scrapes.

"---fall," Lucy finishes her sentence.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!"

Poppers and confetti's fly around me and I look up in surprise. I see all of the Fairy Tail
members looking at me with huge smiles and birthday hats on their heads. "Wh-what?" I say, not really knowing what to say.

"Yeah! You're getting old!" I hear a familiar voice and I see Sting pumping his fist at me, Rogue standing beside him with a small smile.

Everyone was gone to prepare all this for me? I look around and see birthday decorations and they were neatly done. So, everyone was preparing this at the pool area, huh? How come I didn't hear anything? "No thanks of gratitude?" Macao cackles, and my eyes begin to blur from tears.

I bury my face into the cement floor beneath me and silently cry.

I love Fairy Tail so much.

Author's Note: omg damn. I left you guys hanging right there HAHAHHAHAHAHAH. I am back with an update, so maybe next chapter is the end.

This story really needs to end though 😂 so I can edit the earlier chapters that look like crap.

Anyways enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 4.3K 39
YN has come home from a three year S-class. her brother is Gray so it's only natural for Y/N to hate Natsu right? What happens when Y/N falls for her...
105K 1.6K 23
(Y/N) Dragneel has been away for 6 years and when she comes back the grand magic games has started her and her awesome power are taking part at the l...
549 17 35
Natsu Dragneel is the newest member of fairytail. After years of looking for his father, and training, he decides to join a guild to get even stronge...
7.5K 177 15
You were born into this world to fight, no other reason, well that's what you thought, but a boy with a heart of gold decides to change that, but not...