𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡77⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡55⎦

52.6K 1.3K 1K
By erubescere

Hazel's P.O.V.

I was walking with Ron and Harry in the courtyard as they were fussing over getting dates for the Yule Ball.

"Why do they always have to travel in packs? How are you supposed to get one alone to ask them?" Harry asked me.

As I opened my mouth to speak we walked passed a group of Ravenclaw girls, including Cho. Suddenly my green and black scarf became very interesting to me. Cho smiled at him and the girls were just waiting. 

Harry stood there awkwardly and backed away. Once we were a good distance away I said,

"Honestly Harry, you've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date who can?"

"I think I'd take the dragon right now." Harry replied glumly. I giggled.

. . .

Later that day, during my free period I headed into the Great Hall where Harry, Ron, and Hermione were doing work at the table.

I walked over to them and sat down across from Hermione and next to Fred. I pulled out my potions journal to finish my essay and I noticed Ron turn to look around the room.

"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without a date."

At that moment, Snape was walking past and slapped Ron across the head.

"Well, us and Neville!" Ron whispered to Harry who chuckled slightly. "But then again he can take himself."

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone." Hermione retorted.

"Who?" I mouthed with a furrowed brow.

"Ginny" she mouthed back. I nodded.

"Awww." Ron groaned. "Now I'm really depressed."

Then, Fred handed over a note to Ron. From upside down I could read it said, "GET A MOVE ON OR ALL THE GOOD ONES WILL HAVE GONE!"

Ron handed the paper back to Fred. "Who you going with then?"

Fred took a crumpled piece of paper and bit his lip, quirking his eyebrows towards his younger brother. He picked up the crumpled piece of paper and threw it at Angelina Johnson. It hit her on the shoulder and she turned around pissed.

"What?" she mouthed angrily.

"Do you wanna go to the ball," Fred mouthed while reenacting dancing in his seat. "with me?" He pointed to himself with his thumbs.

"The ball? Yeah, alright." she whispered back nodding.

I smiled as Fred winked at Ron.

"Well Hermione, you're a girl," Ron said turning to Hermione. Oh no.

"Oh well spotted." she retorted. Harry nudged Ron to stop. Snape hit Harry and Ron on the back of their heads.

"Come on. It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl, it's just sad."

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me."

She stood up angrily and grabbed her potions journal. She looked at me and I handed her mine. She walked up to Snape and handed him our journals. 

She walked back to the table and grabbed her books whipping them off the table. "And I said yes." Hermione stormed off.

I stood up and sighed shaking my head at Ron before he could say anything to me I took a good look at Cedric before I left. He looked sullen and stared at the ground in thought.

. . .

Soon, Christmas Eve, also known as the day before the Ball, came and I continuously rejected people. I walked into the Library and noticed Cedric at a table with a book and Hermione at a nearby table reading a book as well. I walked over to Hermione and slid into a seat next to her.

"Do you have a date for the Ball yet?"

Out of my peripheral vision, I could have sworn I saw Cedric raise his head towards us.

"Er- no. I've rejected everyone who's asked me." I covered my face with my hands and groaned. "Mione, I'm going to be the only girl without a date!"

She gave me a small pat on the shoulder to console me. Pulling my face out of my hands I said,

"Well, if Harry doesn't have a date by tomorrow then I will ask him. Or Ron. Well anyways, I have to go. Bye Mione." I said getting up. She smiled and I walked out of the Library without sparing a glance at Cedric.

. . .

Christmas was officially here and the Yule Ball was too. I had absolutely no date and I learned the Harry and Ron were going with the Patil twins after Ron's failed attempt at asking Fleur out. I was eating my dinner when Professor McGonagall hit her knife against her glass. The room silenced and Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"Tonight will be a night to remember but in order for that to happen, I need my Heads, prefects and Ms. Rosewood to help with the preparations for the Ball. So if you wouldn't mind, please stay after dinner. Thank you." Dumbledore sat back down and the talking resumed.

"Isn't Diggory a prefect?" Astoria whispered to me. I nodded glumly.

"Do you want me to come?" she asked. I shook my head. I had to face him.

Dinner ended and I, along with the other prefects, walked up to Dumbledore. Over his speckled glasses, his eyes gleamed at me. To all of us, he said, "I put Ms. Rosewood here in charge. You will do as she instructs." 

I smiled and nodded at him. He smiled back and left. I pulled out my list of things to do out of my pocket and unfolded it as everyone watched.

"Alright. So, I have assigned each house to do a different job." I said without looking at Cedric. I turned back to the paper.

"Hufflepuff, you're getting the food. Ravenclaw, make sure the Weird Sisters have everything they need and check to make sure Professor Flitwick has the band set up then come back to help the Gryffindors, the Slytherins, and I with the decorations." I closed the paper and looked up. Everyone was still staring at me.

"Well? Go on then!" I shooed. They all ran off to do their duties.

Together with the Gryffindors and Slytherins, which I made them promise to get along, we were able to stand two more trees next to the large one at the end of the Hall. We put up silver curtains, I created fancy table displays, I made it snow, I hung ice crystals from the ceiling. It just needed one more thing. Ice sculptures around the place.

I walked over to the wall and began to create different ice sculptures. First I tried the Hogwarts crest. Oops. I need Durmstrang and Beauxbatons too. Next, I tried large snowflakes. Ugh, too corny. Christmas Trees. We already have real ones.

After multiple tries of random stuff, the doors to the Great Hall opened and Cedric, the other prefect from Hufflepuff, and many, MANY house elves walked in holding trays and platters of food. They placed it down and I turned back to my sculpture making. Santa Clause. Merlin, now it's getting creepy.

I destroyed the sculpture before anyone saw it. I sighed and took a quick break by going over to the snack table. Treats and food were stacked everywhere. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Cedric placing something down. When he turned away I walked over to the large bowl he placed and saw many chocolate strawberries. My eyes widened and I quickly shoved a strawberry in my mouth before returning to the attempted ice sculpture.

Did Cedric bring those purposefully? He knew I like chocolate strawberries. I returned to my ice sculpture and suddenly I received the feeling I was being watched but I didn't dare look behind me. I took a deep breath and tried once more.

Oh, Merlin. I created a scale ice sculpture of a boy and girl dancing at the Yule Ball. The boy was tall, holding the girl like she was the most precious thing in the entire universe. The girl, whose face was facing me has a huge grin plastered on her face and her eyes sparkled with love for the boy. The girl's face has similar features to me but it wasn't me. I walked around to the other side of the sculpture and saw the boys face. It was Cedric's. I gasped and demolished the sculpture causing pieces of ice to fly in many directions. Some people screamed.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed cringing. I risked a glance at Cedric who was already looking. I diverted my eyes and ended up deciding on making the gargoyles around the room sparkle.

I made one last check around the Hall as everyone was finishing up. Everything looked perfect. It was the exact opposite of how my night was going to be. Or so I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
1M 21.1K 36
"You'll learn to love him." ❧ Y/n Vitelli, of a wealthy Italian pureblood family, is forced into a marriage of social advancement with none other tha...
227K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
115K 1.3K 40
under editing. this story includes : - fluff - angst - crack - au ------- 𝐻𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑘 : #14 on draco #18 on hufflepuff #369 on wattpad ...