A Runners Girl (The Maze Runn...

By MinhoIsMyMaze

In which you're the second girl to appear in the glade after Teresa and take a liking to Minho. I'm not gonna... More

Chapter 1: First glances
Chapter 2: I remember you
Chapter 3: The memory
Chapter 4: Remember?
Chapter 5: Don't do that!
Chapter 6: I had way way too much
Chapter 7: I think most of us already are
TST: Authors Rant
Chapter 8: I didn't know you could cook
Chapter 9: Not the only one
Chapter 10: Jealousy
Chapter 11: This one is strangely familiar
Chapter 12: My name. I remember.
Chapter 13: Well.. I just..
Chapter 14: Why not?
Not an update :(
Chapter 16: Trust
Chapter 17: Sacrifices
Chapter 18: Bait
Chapter 19: Canned pineapple
Chapter 20: Forget
A/N
Chapter 21: Yours

Chapter 15: Doubt

3.5K 101 49
By MinhoIsMyMaze

A/N
Hi! Just a quick message before the chapter:

Most of you seemed to want to see more of you and Minho's relationship, to maybe have some drama come between you and for Minho to become protective.

kitkat664  suggested some things in the fourth option - so thank you because I can work some of those into what everyone else wanted! I won't say anymore - hopefully I'm inspired enough for the next few chapters.

Thank you to everyone who gave some feedback, it's been really helpful. I just want to make sure I'm pleasing all my readers - or as many as I can.

I'm sorry for the long wait, enjoy!

_____

".. I'll tell you soon, okay?"

*time skip 1 week* (because I'm a lazy ass b*tch but you all know that by now lol)

~Minho

Minho sat in the map room after the usual day of running.

He was drawing up the days map, comparing it to the previous day and noticing the same changes as always. He was so sure he could figure this out - he had to figure it out. They'd been here for too long, two years if you're counting. He'd been running the maze every day for longer than he could remember, he was appointed the Keeper of the Runners for gods sake! He was determined to prove himself and his position as Keeper, if anyone could find a way out, it should be him.

So he got more maps out and set them all out in front of him, concentrating really hard on the changes to see if they made a bigger picture. I'm not trying hard enough, his brain blankly stated, frustrating him even more. Maybe I need to compare other sections..?

He got up and opened up one of the eight trunks and grabbed the top five maps that Ben had drawn and set them in front of him. He went on like this, rummaging through all the sections, comparing them and trying his best to figure something out.

~Y/N

You were looking for Minho, you hadn't seen him since yesterday evening. You didn't see him this morning - he left before you woke up. And as soon he came out of the maze he went straight to the map room which is where you were heading now.

"Minho? Are you in here? You missed the evening meal.." You paused when you saw him working away at the desk in the dingy map room and smiled. "M-"

"I'm busy." Was all he said, not even sparing a glance your way.

Your smile faltered slightly. He looked really stressed and drained, like when you just can't do something right but continue to try and know you're not getting any better. It made you (be) concerned that he looked so stressed out and so you walked over to him, wrapping your arms around his torso from behind. You rested your head on his back.

What? You hadn't seen him for practically a day - you didn't care if you were coming off as clingy!

"Y/N I'm busy right now.." He mumbled, trying weakly to push your hands from his chest.

You frowned and pulled away slightly. "Whats up with you?" You muttered with a hint of spite in your voice- what the shuck was he doing? Wasn't he happy to see you?

He sighed, putting his head in his hands, still not looking at you. "I said I was busy."

You neatly moved the maps from in front of him and sat on the table, facing him. He didn't say anything, his gaze focussed on anything but you. You leaned forward, pulling the unbuttoned collar of his shirt up so that he would look at you. Then your lips were on his.

At first he responded and kissed you back, his hands resting on your thighs, but all of a sudden he pulled back, pushing you away. You immediately searched his eyes, gripping his chin so that you could examine them properly. He looked so tired and worn out, almost in despair. The glowing eyes that were always full of life and happiness looked dark and crowded over, his hair was disheveled and messy, his skin still glistening from sweat and dirt from the maze.

"Please.." He whispered, his sad, sorrow filled eyes burrowing into yours. 

After a few minutes of silence and you both staring each other down, you sighed and got up. You hesitantly stood next to him, debating whether to do something. You leaned forward quickly and kissed his forehead before leaving, closing the door quietly behind you.

You tried to shake the tears away as they built up in your eyes, you felt one trickle down your cheek. A quiet sob escaped your lips, and you sank down to the floor, your back leaning against the door to the map room as you cried into your hands.

Needless to say, Minho could've spent all night looking for the way out.

If only there was one.

~~

You woke up, expecting the usual sight of Minho's arm wrapped tightly around your waist to keep you warm, but he was gone. You jumped at the sight of Newt sat next to your hammock. He gave you a sad smile when he noticed you stirring.

"Morning, love."

You blinked at him for a moment, looking around the glade. Everything was as normal. Then you turned back and looked down at your hammock, and then towards the map room. That's funny.. You thought, I don't remember getting into my hammock..

"Gally carried you, said he found you in a mess outside the map room and brought you back here." Explained Newt, as if he had just read your thoughts. Your eyes widened slightly.

"He didn't.. Do anything?" You tried, your tongue growing dry.

Newt shook his head dismissively. "Of course he didn't. That shank knows where he stands, I made sure of it."

You nodded instead of responding with words and sighed.

"What happened..?" He whispered, his voice cracking at the end.

So you explained almost everything that happened, leaving out the detail - it wasn't a long story anyway.

".. And he just pushed me away like he didn't even-" a sob escaped your lips and you mentally cursed yourself for crying in front of Newt. I'm not weak. I'm not weak.

"I know you're not weak, Y/N." Newt pulled you into a hug.

I mustn't have said that in my head. You hugged him back tightly, letting out a shaky sigh.

"You didn't say that in your head either." He chuckled and you laughed slightly squeezing him a little before releasing him. You smiled at him, seeing as though you'd swallowed down your tears.

After a few moments of silence, Newt spoke. "Something does seem off with him.." He winced slightly before continuing, "I'll talk to him when he gets back tonight."

You nodded as a thank you and returned to curling up in Minho's hammock, burying your face into the soft fabric that smelt amazing, trying not to think too much. Newt remained sat next to you for a little while longer.

"Thanks for getting Ki-Tae to talk to me." You found yourself biting the inside of your cheeks to try and stop yourself from smiling. "He's a really nice guy."

You smiled and turned your head to face him. "Don't mention it. He needed someone other than boring old me anyway." You laughed and he chuckled slightly, before standing up and rubbing your shoulder with his hand.

"I'm sure it'll all be okay." With that he turned and walked to get breakfast, leaving you clinging onto every last word he said, trying not to doubt he was right.

_____

A/N
As I said thank you for all the feedback! I really appreciated it, I wouldn't have gotten the idea I did if you guys hadn't said anything.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I've tried to make my fanfiction different to other people's (I don't want to sound like I'm putting other people down because I'm not), it's just I've read so many Minho/TMR fanfictions and a lot of them have very similar ideas or plot lines to them. I'm not saying mine is completely different or any better, because I do also have similar things to other fanfics but I guess I want mine to stand out?

One fanfiction I read, the female main character could control the grievers - that's the reason I remember it, it's different to anything I've read before. And so with that reasoning, that's why I introduced Ki-Tae, why I don't want the female main character to stroll into the maze like a badass and be the best at everything and better than everyone else in the glade and run faster than Minho and kill all the grievers and be absolutely perfect because I want this to be somewhat realistic and relatable!

I'm obviously exaggerating a little bit here but I just don't want this to just be another cliché story where we all live happily ever after, because sh*t happens.

Anyways enough of my rant, we are on 8.3K! I absolutely love opening up Wattpad and seeing a load of notifications of people commenting and voting, it makes me so happy :)

Excuse me inserting the titles of TøP songs into the story but it just seemed cool and I'm gonna try and do as many as possible as a challenge for myself xD

I love all of you!

I hope I didn't offend anyone, as I said I'm not saying mine is totally different and brand new - I'm just saying that I don't think this will be your typical fanfiction. (Hopefully)

Approximately 87% edited.

Next update: a week maybe? Who knows

<3

09/08/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 10.9K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
169K 6.1K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
219K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
196K 10.3K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...