Rejected

By LifeAsIknowIt

“I, Eryn Jay, accept your rejection William Camp” I watched as his body dropped to the ground. His hands sho... More

Authors Note: Read before starting Rejected.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
EPILOGUE
Authors note

Chapter 6

28.8K 938 72
By LifeAsIknowIt

© 2013 by LifeAsIKnowIt. All rights reserved. 

CHAPTER 6

“AGAIN!”

I brought my foot up ready to kick Daniel in the groin instead of the punching bag. I know I’m not the best fighter out there, but my good ness he was making me feel like I have never even punched someone before. It’s been only one week of this torture. If it wasn’t for Rosie I probably would have quit by now.  Pride and all, I would have let Daniel win.

“ERYN AGAIN!”

Getting into my stance I brought my fists up to my face. Training in human form is a lot harder than in wolf. At least when I’m in wolf form I’m able to rely on my heightened senses as guidance. Even I have to admit that Daniel is right, I’m too weak in human form.

Swinging my right fist out I hit the punching bag dead on.

“That was better Eryn. Pretty soon you might be able to leave a tiny bruise on me”

I rolled my eyes; he was way too full of himself

“Yes, well I’m sure if I had a better instructor id be advancing far more quickly”

Smirking at him I grabbed the water bottle and squirted it in my open mouth. I was drenched in sweat; I made the mistake of wearing yoga pants with a t-shirt when we first started. I almost passed out from the mixture of heat and the grueling workout. I felt much better today wearing my tight lulu shorts, and tight white sports bra. My long hair up in a high ponytail. I didn’t bother with make-up when working out, it would be such a waste so I usually opted for the all-natural look.  I would never admit it to Daniel but I was already feeling stronger; he really was a good instructor.

I watched Daniels retreating form, huh I guess I finally get the last wor-

“IAM the best instructor, like I said princess if you don’t like it, go cook in the kitchen. Although... I’m sure you would suck at that as well”

Puckering his lips and sending me a wink he started walking back out the door

“See ya tomorrow morning good look-in’”

“At least one of us is!” I shouted at his back

Good one Eryn, really, I’m sure that hurt him”

Sarcasm doesn’t suit you Rosie”

I hate to admit it, but that boy was starting to grow on me. I was starting to think of him as, well my wart. It’s annoying and sometimes awful to look at but if he were to leave or die, I’d miss him. Laughing at my reference I bent down to grab my towel and water bottle.

“Do you usually train in next to nothing?”

Shooting up and whipping around, I was surprised to see Mr.Green eyes leaning on the door frame… with no shirt on.  His voice is exactly what I thought it would sound like, deep and gruff but so alluring. Why is he so pretty?!

Oh lawd have mercy”

“Rosie…knock it off.”

Peeling my eyes off his chest I made sure to send the meanest glare I could  his way, like he has been doing to me the last week. I just couldn’t help the sarcasm that rolled off my tongue, I really did have too big of a mouth.

“I’m wearing workout clothes, they are kind of meant to be worn in a gym… working out. Do YOU usually work out in next to nothing?”

Waiting for an answer, I snorted and shook my head

“That’s what I thought”

His eyes stayed glued to me, I thought I saw a shadow of a smile play on his lips, but in an instant it was gone. After what felt like hours, but was probably only seconds of glaring at him I was done. I turned around to go to the change rooms. I could feel his eyes burning holes in my back. Huh so he won’t talk to me, but has no problem looking at me?

Don’t do it Eryn”

“I just need a reaction from him Rosie, I just… I – I just need to know if I affect him the same he does me”

 So I made sure to add a little extra wiggle in my step.  Without even thinking twice I dropped my water on purpose. Faking an annoyed grunt I made sure to bend down a little more than necessary, and stand back up a little more slowly. A deep growl vibrated through the room, I was hoping for a reaction, I didn’t expect him to almost lose control of his wolf. Whipping around I stared at him, his eyes were black, and he was struggling to reel his wolf in. Closing his eyes I could see his chest move up and down, taking deep breaths. On the outside I made sure to appear scared but on the inside, I was doing a happy dance.

“Ar-are you okay?”

After a few seconds his eyes snapped open, they were a mixture of black and green.  He narrowed his eyes at me again. I almost couldn’t help the smile that tried to break free. He so was attracted to me! Composing myself again I couldn’t help but taunt him.

“Oh please were back to that? The whole glaring thing?” His eyes narrowed more, but I could detect a tiny bit of amusement. He was just about to grunt at me when I stopped him.

“ Alright tell you what, I’ll save you the grunts, Ill stay out of your way and you stay out of mine, alright?” I couldn’t help the eye roll, he was just so damn annoying, and hot but mostly annoying. He nodded once. Staring at him I thought he would at least say ok, or something. Shaking my head I turned around and headed to the change rooms door. I couldn’t let, well whatever this was, end like that. Making sure to seem nonchalant I turned around once more.

“Oh, by the way when I say we stay out of each other’s way,  that also means no more eavesdropping on private phone calls anymore.”

His lips turned up into a smirk and a nod accompanied it… again

“Wouldn’t want you to overhear something you didn’t like”

With that I strutted into the change rooms.

Sitting back out on the patio I grabbed my phone to call Jake.

“Hey Jakey how was your day?”

“very boring, when can I come visit you Eryn?”

I could hear commotion in the background

“Jake? What is that?”

“Its noth-“

“ERYN what is this? You call Jake but only text me? Come on love, we girls stick together”

“Kelsey! I was going to call you right after I swear!”

After talking with Kelsey, and promising to call her to, Jake jumped back on the cell.

“Eryn, there’s something important I need to tell you”

“What happened Jake?”

“It’s Will, he has been asking about today. I told him I didn’t know where you were, he believed it but I just wanted you to know he was prying, anyways when are you coming home?”

Hearing his name out loud my heart tug, I instantly grabbed at my chest. It’s so easy to forget about my aching heart when I have great distractions. Trying to clear my head, I decided now was the best time to tell Jake.

“Jake... That’s why I called. I want to join Midmoon, once I complete my training my uncle said that we would do the ceremony…”

Letting my voice trail off I knew I wasn’t telling the whole truth. It’s not once I finish my training its IF, and the pack members still get a say… I just hope a few of them warm up to me before then.

“How long is your training Eryn? A year? Maybe two? ” his voice came out as a growl

“Don’t you talk to me like that Jake Hunt! It is my choice and right now I don’t have much else to fall back on. I need this, and you can either accept it and support me or move on and be miserable!”

“IAM MISERABLE ALREADY”

 I couldn’t help the tears as they started to fall, he was miserable for the same reasons I was, but I was the one causing him misery. That thought alone made me cry harder.

“I’m sorry Jake, it has to be this way, I – I don’t think I should call for a while. We both need to heal”

“I – I know. Don’t cry, please don’t cry... Eryn?”

“I just want you to know I love you, so much. And ill support you with whatever you do. Okay? Just – just don’t forget about us, about me. “

“I could never Jake”

I heard the patio door open, but I was too caught up in my conversation to acknowledge whoever came out on the deck.

“I love you Eryn”

“I love you so much more Jake, and I’m so sorry”

After catching my breath we said our goodbyes. Wiping my eyes and nose on my sleeve I looked up at the sunset. I was surprised to see Mr. Green eyes standing by the door.  His eyes were narrowed at me, again. This is really getting old.

Giving him the once over I turned back towards the sky. I wasn’t expecting to get conversation from him, why would I waste my breath?

“You were right.”

His deep voice startled me

“Wha—about what?”

He full on glared at me …again

“Jesus, what are you two? Your face won’t break if you smile once in a while”

His scowl just deepened. Shoving his hands in his jeans pockets he looked towards the sun setting.

“You were right about me eavesdropping; I won’t anymore, although the first time, it was an accident.”

Still looking towards the sun his eyes shifted over to me, they were glowing green. An playful smirk  over took his scowl.  He looked like an angel, leaning there with the last of the sun beams shining on him.

“Oh, well um thanks… May I ask what changed your mind since you obviously don’t like listening the first time?” I said in a playful tone

His smirk disappeared in an instant. Oh great, good job Eryn.

He turned is body towards me. Gone were the green of his eyes, instead just coal black remained. In a deep growl he said

“You were right; I didn’t like what I heard”

With that he turned around walked back into the house, leaving me confused. Didn’t like what he heard? Shaking my head I headed to my room. It was going to be a grueling workout tomorrow, and the earlier I fell asleep the better.

***********A/N**************

I know its a little sloppy, im at work and surprisingly quite busy today, so i just wanted to make sure i could get a chapter done :) 

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

807K 36.4K 20
The man looked me up and down, his red eyes staring through me."You... Are a werewolf." "So I've noticed" The man scowled, his lips pulling back rev...
337K 7.8K 74
WARNING: ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ High and descriptive sexual content, strong language, and substance use. Recommended for 18+ readers. Read at your discretion. "I...
74.4K 1.5K 85
***COMPLETED*** When we both caught our breath, he pulled me down and kissed me. He let go of my wrist and wrapped his arms around my waist. He opene...
73.2K 1.3K 46
IN NEED OF MAJOR EDITING- Trust me this book is a mess. You have been warned. • "This Can't be", He whispered. Those three words bringing down my w...