How To Train Your Dragon: Bro...

Da Little_Nightfury17

(sequel to Scars) With every passing day Astrid finds it harder and harder to hide her feelings. But so... Altro

Three Years to Grow
A Dragons Life on Berk
Girl to Girl
Gal Time
Snorre the Unruly
The Missing Heir
Den of the Devil
A Families Worry
On the Trail
Separated by Fate
Into the Storm
A Hell For Women
Eret, Son of Eret
I'll Make a Fine Soldier Out of You!
Bards Little Errand Boy
The Dragons Soothing Tongue
Bard the Younger Brother
The Jig is up!
Traitorous Trust
The Pit of Broken Spirits
The Price of Freedom
The Alpha
Prepare for Battle
Eydis' Story
Getting Colder
Shedding Scales
Swarm Part One
Swarm Part Two
Slow and Steady

A Chase Through the Woods

662 28 4
Da Little_Nightfury17

I may have...uh...screwed up. The last chapter was not suppose to go the way it did. While writing I accidentally combined chapters 23 and 25-oops XD. The last chapter was suppose to just be about Stormy finally getting back to Berk and chapter 25 was suppose to be about Kari and the others returning. I'm so sorry. I can put in the chat between Stoick and Viggo to fill in chapter 25 but when I was originally planning this story out I wanted to skip it so I can leave you guys wondering exactly what Stoick did to make Viggo talk. I dunno. How about this; you guys let me know in a review on whether or not if you want to read the chat between them or if you want me to skip it like I planned to. Sorry for the super long Authors Note. Let's get back into the story! I hope you enjoy! It's time for some Hiccup action! 

Noon had come; which meant that the guards were going to come and throw some food down to Hiccup. Two men carried some old mutton; once they reached the gate they lazily tossed it in without care. The men turned to leave but stopped when a roar came up from within the Pit. "Huh? I thought that all dragons that go in there are dead," one of the men turned back around, puzzled.

"Maybe that dragon wasn't completely dead," the other suggested. The two men peered into the Pit. It was dark except for some light that was being casted down. Looking at them was Sandy the Sand Wraith. She was running all over the Pit; a panicked roar filled every inch. One of the men, quit puzzled as to why the dragon was very alive, scanned the Pit to see what was making the dragon panic. Everything seemed normal at first but then he spotted the prisoner laying still and face first towards the ground. The man gasped. If Hiccup was dead then so would he. "Open the gate!" he ordered, "And get a ladder!"

Sandy ceased her panic and turned toward Hiccup who in turn rose his head up a little and smiled.

These guys are really easy to fool, Hiccup thought.

The gate creaked open. More sunlight flooded in and chased away some of the shadows. "Hurry!" the man urged as his fellow guards carried a rather long ladder over. The man reached up to grab the ladder but then aloud roar rose up from the Pit. He leaned down to look at the dragon but as he did Sandy shot up into the air. Her feet smacked the man's face and he fell back with a grunt.

"Yea!" Hiccup cheered from Sandy's back. He had nothing to hold onto but he couldn't help but pump his fists in the air as he and Sandy disappeared into the clouds. Such a flawless escape! Why has nobody escaped from there before? Once they were high up in the clouds Sandy spun and did a barrel roll before booking it across the fort.

"Prisoners escaped!" Hiccup heard from below, "Gather the men!"

Hiccup looked down, hoping to watch the guards scrambling around. But what he saw made his heart sink. Both human and dragon prisoners were scanning the sky, trying to see who had escaped. Then their faces disappeared once Sandy passed the walls and flew out to sea.

'We did it!' Sandy cheered, 'Those humans are so stupid!'

"We need to back," Hiccup spoke without thinking.

'What!?' Sandy halted in the air, 'We just escaped Hell and you want to go back!?'

"I won't be able to sleep knowing that I just left them behind," Hiccup looked back at the fort.

'Do you even know any of them?' Sandy asked.

"No," Hiccup sighed, "But...we-I can't just forget about them."

Sandy sighed; knowing that Hiccup's mind was set, 'Fine. But if we get caught I'm blaming you!'

"We won't," Hiccup promised.

Sandy spun around and flew back towards the fort. 'If we're doing this,' Sandy eyed the massive fort, 'You better have a plan.'

"Don't worry. I do, " Hiccup scanned the fort for any weaknesses, "...kind of."

'Kind of!?' Sandy groaned, 'You humans are all the same! Act first think never!'

Hiccup gave a light chuckle, "There. Let's set down in the forest."

O

Men scattered about the fort; attempting to grab any weapon they could find. "Hurry hurry!" the head guard ordered, "Half of you men take a boat. The others will follow me into the forest. They could of gone either way!"

"You better hope you find him, " Agrippa growled.

The head guard spun around to see Agrippa slowly stomping up to him.

"Uh..yes sir," the head guard gulped, "We will!"

"Get to it!" Agrippa shouted. The guards readied and split off. Agrippa walked to the Pit and looked down. "Clever boy, "Agrippa admitted.

O

Sandy and Hiccup flew above the forest. They flew to the other side of the island. 'Okay...what now?'

Hiccup hugged his stomach as it growled, "I won't be able to fight on an empty stomach. We should wait until tomorrow until we do anything."

'Fine,' Sandy sniffed the air, 'Let's go looking for a river or something.'

"We're going to need to be careful," Hiccup looked into the forest, expecting someone to show, "They may have sent a search party into this forest." Hiccup instinctively reached down to grab Inferno but grabbed air. Inferno was a flaming sword that Hiccup had invented a year ago. It helped him tame wild dragons and it was pretty intimidating to humans. He usually had it clipped to the side of his right shin. And just now Hiccup was remembering that he had left Inferno back home. He mentally slapped himself. He had nothing but his bare hands to protect himself with.

Hiccup and Sandy carefully crept through the forest; making sure that if someone was around they'd be able to get away pretty fast. The forest was deadly quiet. Not even birds chirped or sang their little songs. It put the two on edge.

'There's a river,' Sandy whispered to Hiccup.

The two quickly but quietly rushed over to the flowing water; Hiccups's stomach growled furiously for food.

"Let's check over here!"

Hiccup and Sandy froze as the flicker of torches grew closer. With a slight panic they turned and hid behind a large boulder and some trees.

"Anything?" one of the men asked.

"Nothing so far," another answered.

Hiccup peered out over the boulder; his heart beating wildly in his chest. As he stared at the men his vision grew blurry. Confused, Hiccup tried to focus on one of them to see which way they were going but his eyes refused focus at all. Hiccup turned back, a sudden sharp pain exploded in his temples. His breathing became difficult as he grunted at the pain. The sensation of Fight or Flight came rushing into his body. He had the sudden urge to run, to get as far away as possible. Why on earth did he decide to come back!?

'What's wrong?' Sandy asked quietly as she turned to her friend, concerned.

"I-I think I'm having another Panic Attack," Hiccup cried, "T-This isn't the first time that I've been hunted by other humans."

'Well, um, it's okay,' Sandy tried to comfort Hiccup, 'Just take deep breaths. You'll be fine.'

Hiccup tried to take a slow, deep breath but then he felt lightheaded, which only worsened the pain. Then Hiccup felt as if he couldn't get any air at all. He scanned the river; not really thinking that anything would show up. "I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die," Hiccup cried as his body began to shake.

'No your not,' Sandy reassured Hiccup.

"There you are!" one of the men suddenly appeared from nowhere right next to Hiccup. Sandy instinctively fire a shot of compacted sand. It wasn't a strong fire but it was enough to knock the man back a few feet.

'It's time to go!' Sandy pushed Hiccup to his feet. But Hiccup only took one step before loosing his balance and fell. 'Oh for the love of-Get on!'

Hiccup quickly climbed onto Sandy's back and they took off into the sky.

One of the men took out a Boa Sling and flung it towards them. It snaked around Sandy's tail and they crashed. Hiccup was flung from Sandy and landed a few feet ahead. He looked up as a man yelled and swung his axe above Sandy, who was still recovering from the crash.

Hiccup jumped up and bolted towards forwards. He managed to grab the axe as it was coming down. They struggled for a bit before the man grabbed Hiccup by the throat and turned the axe towards him. Hiccup squirmed in the man's hand, trying his best to break free. The man roared and brought his axe down but Hiccup managed to stop it. Then Hiccup bit hard onto the man's hand. He yelped and dropped both Hiccup and the axe.

Now very angry the man pulled out his sword and swung it. Hiccup panicked, grasped the axe, and blindly swung. The axe hit it's target and cut into the side of the man's neck. Blood spilled out of his neck. His sword fell out of his hand and he dropped dead, nearly on top of Hiccup. Hiccup backed up, completely terrified by what he had to do.

'Hiccup,' Sandy succeed in freeing her tail from the Sling, 'Oh man...A-Are you okay?'

Hiccup simply started at the dead man, horror on his face.

'Come on,' Sandy could hear more people coming, 'Coming back was a bad idea. We should just leave.'

Hiccup stood up and climbed onto Sandy. The took off swiftly into the air. "In was in self defense...it was in self defense..." Hiccup told himself, "Calm down...Remember what Astrid said..."

'Let's get out of here!' Sandy cried out.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

7.2K 169 20
Hiccup is the runt of his tribe and Astrid is abused by her parents. Then Hiccup befriends toothless and shows Astrid a dragons true nature Years pas...
3.8K 137 9
(Fourth sequel to Scars) Hiccup is adjusting to a life without Toothless, at least, that what he thinks. He swears that he'll never ride another drag...
73.3K 2.5K 36
It has been a year since Hiccup's Father Died and He became Chief. But things aren't as Simple as Hiccup had hoped to be. With Eret, Son of Eret livi...
42.9K 844 39
[Hiccstrid] It's a Hiccup Leaves Berk story, but with some new twists and turns. Hiccup leaves as a runty nobody with a big secret, only to return as...