Into the Pit

By RosalieWayward

While fleeing from the people who are supposed to be protection, five friends come across the pit. Their jour... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Fourteen

449 10 6
By RosalieWayward

When we get back at Veda's, everyone disperses into their own little groups. Ludo, Zelotz, Skytus, and Dylis take one corner; Veda, Misto, Devon, and Melina take another. I sit on Calix's lap on the loveseat, and I think Myana pulled Ajax into another room and materialized a door.

"So how'd you like it all?" Calix in my ear.

"It was fun..." I'm not lying, but I'm still caught up in my confusion with Veda. I zone out and lay my head under his chin.

He strokes my forehead. "Aww, you're tired aren't you? Don't worry, you can fall asleep on me, I won't mind."

I close my eyes, still in deep thought. Why can't I focus on any of the details? Maybe Calix will know what's going on with my head. Maybe if I start trying to explain it, I'll remember the rest.

"Calix?"

"Yes Lil'?"

"Do you know anything about an old book?"

"..."

He doesn't answer right away. I look up at him from under his chin. He has his pondering face on.

"What old book? I mean, there are a lot of books out there," he says after an amount of time.

"Well," I say, struggling to remember the details. "It was in the locker room, and Veda went into defense-mode when I found it. I think there's something on it..."

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about." He looks down into my eyes, and I get lost instantly. They're so deep, so many layers of color and emotion. I could stare at them for ages.

He leans in and kisses me, and I don't hesitate to kiss back this time. I lean back so my head rests on the plush arm of the chair and he follows me there. His palms cup my delicate face. I hold onto his shoulders.

"AAAAHH! GET OFF ME!!!" someone screams outside of the room. Calix and I break our kiss and sit up. There's a loud pounding sound, underneath it I think I can hear giggling.

All of a sudden, a shirtless Ajax stumbles into the room, out of breath; followed by a very giggly Myana, whose skimpy attire hasn't changed much since training-crop top and unbelievably short shorts.

"Come back here you little runaway fox!" Myana says, licking her teeth. Yipes, she almost sounds drunk.

"What the hell?!" Misto exclaims. Melina is laughing so hard I wouldn't be surprised if she exploded.

Ajax grows red. "Stop laughing!" He backs up to the wall. Myana laughs. Devon stands up. "Myana, stop. You're making the guy uncomfortable."

Myana pouts. "You don't know what he's thinking!"

"He kinda does!" Ajax shouts.

Myana ignores Ajax's comment and advances closer to him. Devon jumps into action. He drops to the floor and swings his leg out. Myana squeals as she falls. Devon catches her and spins her around.

Myana struggles against him. "Let me go you little-" Devon looks deep into her eyes until his own glow a dark purple. Myana collapses in his arms.

We all stare at Devon. Veda looks angry. Ajax stands there in the middle of the room in his underwear.

Devon doesn't make eye contact with anyone and sets Myana down on the floor. Then he leaves the room. Veda stands up and follows him.

"W-what was that?" Dylis asks. Ajax scoffs. "I really don't care, he got me out of that situation and that's all that matters." He looks down at his boxers and grows red. Then he dashes back into the other room to fetch his clothes.

"He's lucky Devon did what he did when he did," Calix says. "She could have put him under a spell and he would've walked out of that room without his virginity."

"Can she really do that?" Melina asks.

Ludo speaks. "You bet she can! She could have had him under like that!" He snaps his fingers.

"There ain't no way I'm going to be put under any spell, EVER, especially by her," Ajax says walking back in the room, now fully dressed. "Stuff like that doesn't even exist."

Calix sighs. "Good. Let's go eat lunch or something."

We all stand up and begin to go outside, where Veda was speaking to Devon. "...-id like that again," I hear Veda say. She straightens her posture when she sees us. Devon has no expression.

************************

The night comes pleasantly quick. Since more people have been added onto our party, we all eventually agree on spending the night at the AMTA. The mats are cushier than the dirt anyways. Tannex brings out the 'emergency' blankets and pretty soon we're all in a circle like we're camping. Dylis is on my right and Ajax on my left. We all sit out on the mats closest to the locker rooms because they're the biggest, and I can't help but think about that book.

Veda tries to entertain us by suggesting we play a game. We play Truth or Dare. "Okay, before we start," she says, "no super personal questions, or completely unreasonable dares. And this is ALL friendly, I don't want anyone's feeling getting hurt." She takes a look at us to make sure we understand. Some people nod awkwardly. "I'll start I guess," she says.

"Hm...Maya," she says facing her. She looks at her anxiously. "Truth or dare?" "Truth." Veda ponders for a moment before saying, "Do you like-" "No." "-Devon... You didn't let me finish!"

Maya rolls her eyes. "Someone always asks that question! I don't like him, that'd be gross." Devon says, "Well thank you, Maya."

Veda clears her throat. "Well now you ask the next person Maya." Maya looks around. "Ajax, truth or dare?"

"Uhmm....truth? No dare-no never mind I want truth," he says. "Do you have any sexual attraction to my sister whatsoever?" "NO. NO, NO, NO."

Myana looks hurt. "Sheesh! All anyone ever does is make me feel bad! What did I ever do to you guys?"

"Well one you tried to rape him earlier," Maya starts, "and two you're just annoying." Myana pouts. "Just move on to the next person," she says crossing her arms.

"Dev-" Ajax looks to where Devon was lying, but he isn't there. "He was here a second ago, wasn't he?" Ajax asks.

Skytus looks boggled. "I didn't even notice...did you see him, Tannex?" He looks over at his spot but Tannex is also nowhere to be found.

"What the heck?" Calix says. "Maybe they went to the bathroom or something, it's not a bug deal," Misto suggests. "Together? At the same time?" Ajax says. He stands up. "I want to go look for them. Come with me Liliya."

I stand and do as he says, also wondering where the two went. "We'll see if we can find them. You guys can keep playing if you want," Ajax says before heading into the locker room. I follow him as the rest watch us walk away.

We walk into the boys' locker room, assuming they didn't go into the girls'. We walk around the empty room. It has the same exact layout as the girl locker room, just with the lockers on the opposite side. I look at them as we walk by and pass number R-237 and wonder if there's another book in that locker, since there was one in the girls' locker number. I walk over to it and place my fingers on the door, hard and cold. I put my face up to the slits in the door, trying to peer through. If I just had some light to see...

"Hey! Come over here!" Ajax says, motioning for me to come over. I forget the locker and rush over to him. He's right in front of the bathroom.

"What is-" "Shhhh..." he puts my ear to the door gently. "Listen..."

At first I don't hear anything, but then I hear faint whispers. There are two voices. I try my best to make out what they're saying.

"I-I don't want to do this anymore..."

"Oh, don't be like that."

"I'm tired of hiding from everyone...but I still don't want anyone to-"

"Shhh...it's okay Devon."

I hear clothes rustling, and am confused. I look at Ajax, who also has his ear to the door, listening intently. He mouths to me, "I think they're hugging." I turn back to listen some more.

"D-do you think they noticed we're gone?"

"That doesn't matter. They haven't noticed us thus far, we'll be fine."

More clothes rustle, and I hear some other noises I'm not able to make out.

"I love you Tannex."

"I love you Devon."

Now THAT was unexpected. I whip my head to Ajax, who looks as shocked as I am. Then without even thinking, Ajax casually flings open the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

665 51 20
A school friends were lost all the sudden in a strange land soon they find out that there are not alone and when they finally know the truth about th...
105 10 17
Six long time friends, six different stories, but one goal. To become successful adults and graduate college with their friendships and lives intact...
394 28 22
Three strangers meet in the most unlikely way and become best friends . Searching for a girl, they go on the most wild adventure ,passing worlds and...
410 2 20
Five friends, one hiding a secret that could cost the other their lives. "The Five Musketeers." or just a bunch of chaotic idiots, and close friends...