Alchemy Jones → Bucky Barnes...

By fandomsoundsinnocent

The year is 1945, the world is at war and no one can escape the tragedies that come from the inhuman acts of... More

CAST
EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
01|CONEY ISLAND
02|MINOR COMPLICATIONS
03|DAYS GONE BY
04|WALK WITH ME
05|SIDE BY SIDE
06|MIDNIGHT MAHEM
07|STARK EXPO
08|DREAM BOAT
09|PAINT ME BLUE
10|TAKE NOTES
11|WHEN WE WERE YOUNG
12|SEVEN SECONDS
13|BROOKLYN BABE
14|REBIRTH
15|THEORY OF ALCHEMY
16|SPADA
17|CAPTAIN SPANGLES
18|NOBODY'S SIDEKICK
19|KEP AND NICO
21|NO SUCH THING
22|RISE
23|THREE MAKES A TEAM
24|THE SHADOW
25|SILVER BELLS
26|GOLD
27|ALWAYS A CHILD
28|COLD HEARTS
29|HEROES ARE BORN FROM TRAGEDIES
30|THE ALCHEMIST
31|SAFE AND SOUND
EPILOGUE
BOOK TWO

20|PHOTOGRAPH

21K 945 511
By fandomsoundsinnocent

Ally carefully took off the bandage covering her shoulder and to her astonishment, nothing was left, not even a scar. Her fingertips grazed over the unflawed skin and she felt no pain or dent. She shook her head in disbelief, she wasn't mundane anymore.

Technically, the 107th had won a victory and everyone was going out to celebrate, including not-so-small Steve. Bucky suggested she be his date and Ally happily agreed. She wore a gown that night. It wasn't as raunchy as she thought it would be but it was still appealing to eye. The silky white fabric hugged her chest and then cascaded loosely down to her knees.

"Ready to go?" Bucky knocked on the door before coming in, his mouth opening slightly. "You look– absolutely ravishing."

Ally smiled down at the ground, tucking one of her hazel locks behind her ear. "Ya' really think so?"

Bucky took a few short strides to her, his bruises still faintly noticeable. Ally frowned when she got an up-front look at his face, still painted with torture– but only Bucky Barnes could make that look good. His uniform was coated with a few new medals and he still smirked graciously. "I really think so. You make it very hard to focus doll," he twisted one of her curls around his fingers. "But I promised Steve and the other boys we'd be there."

"The other boys?"

"You'll see," he extended his arm. "Shall we?"

"I think we shall," Ally took his arm and he lead her down the stairs, to the parlour of her house. Without even noticing, Rosa had snapped a photo of them coming down the stairs. "Mama..."

"I will have to send that one to your Nonna, cousins and Jovian," Rosa grinned innocently. "Come on you two, it's not everyday my dreams come true."

Bucky's face became hot with a crimson blush and try as he might, he couldn't hide it. "I didn't realize how badly your family wanted this to happen."

"Ever since you offered to help my mother with the dishes the first time you and Steve came over," she shuffled beside him, wrapping her arms around his torso. "Smile darling, we'll want these photos in the future."

Rosa snapped another photo and another and then eventually called Kepler and Nico from the television to take a photo with them. By the time Rosa was done, they were already running late. "Ciao, have fun!"

"Not too much fun," Nico muttered under his breath. "Heaven knows Kepler already does that enough." Rosa gasped and smacked Nico upside the head, causing him to burst into a fit of childish giggles. "Sorry mama, bye you two."

Ally and Bucky had arrived soon enough to watch Steve persuade the fellow men he had rescued into joining his own team. Gabe Jones, Dum Dum Dugan, Jim Morita, Jacques Dernier, James Montgomery Falsworth and Union Jack all sat together, drinking and celebrating. Ally had begun to wonder if Steve could actually persuade them.

"They're all idiots," Bucky told her, escorting her to a table. "They'll join in a heartbeat."

"If you say so," she mocked. "He's so extraordinary now, I can't help but feel like I should be missing the old Steve."

Bucky shrugged. "I guess it's all just new for us. He's still the lil kid from the alley."

"Just bigger," Ally blinked, watching Steve throw his head back and laugh. "And just so extraordinary."

"Don't sell yourself short Ally," Bucky told her. "You're more than extraordinary, but you already know that."

"She really does," piped a slightly tipsy Quaker. "How do you do ma'am?"

Ally jumped up from her seat and brought Quaker into a hug. "Look at you, you're all suited up. What happened to the kid who threw up on the ship? I see a man."

"That's flattering Alchemy, really," Quaker slurred. "Bucky Barnes, always a pleasure."

"It's good to see that you are alright Quincy Taker," Bucky smiled. "Where's the third musketeer?"

"Peter's with his wife," Quaker explained. "He said something about putting a bun in the oven."

Ally snorted. "You're very drunk, aren't you?"

"Not at all!" Quaker hiccuped as Steve neared the table once more. "Who's strong and brave, here to save the American Way? Who vows to fight like a man for what's right night and day? Who will campaign door-to-door for America, carry the flag shore to shore for America. From Hoboken to Spokane! The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!" he sang as Steve took a sit near them. "I need another drink."

"Be careful!" Ally called out after him, turning her attention to Steve. "So?"

Steve nodded.

"See," Bucky bellowed. "I told you, they are all idiots."

"What would you define yourselves then?" Ally quirked.

Bucky kicked her leg. "Hey!"

Steve looked between the two, thinking for a moment before he shook his head, chuckling lightly at his two friends (who were now each other's lovers). "How about you? Are you ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

Bucky stopped to think for a second, carefully picking out his words. "No. That little guy from Brooklyn, who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him." Steve outstretched his arm and gripped Bucky's shoulder. "But you're keeping the outfit right?"

"He better," Ally commented. "The Star Spangled Man with a Plan!"

"That'll never die will it?"

"Never."

"I mean–You know what? It's kinda growing on me." Steve admitted, suddenly growing very quiet as a certain agent caught his eyes.

"What about you Ally?" Steve asked hopefully. "Will you help us take down HYRDA?"

Ally shook her head, taking a shot of something strong. "My SSR days are over!"

Peggy strolled into the bar, wearing a shimmering red dress with matching lipstick. She looked like a doll made of expensive material, she looked stunning. Steve's breath was taken away as she approached them.

"Captain," she greeted. "Sargent, Doctor."

"Agent Carter." Steve coughed, trying his best to remain calm.

"You look lovely Ally," Peggy complimented. "Has Jojo settled in nicely?"

"As do you Peggy and she has actually, she'll probably contact you soon," she reached for Bucky's hand. "Come on Bucky, we gotta head out now."

"No we d–" he was silenced by the glare Ally was sending him. "Well would you look at the time, have a good night Agent Carter. Bye Steve."

The two of them strolled into the night, each completely filled up with sincere love. In the strangest way, it was both childish and adult-like at the same time. Had they'd known sooner about their feelings, maybe things could of been different.

"You'll have to meet my entire family soon," Ally groaned. "Welcome to the Italian side of the Jones' household."

"Sounds intimidating."

"It is, trust me," she laughed, taking his arm and spinning around underneath it. "I've got like– fourteen cousins?"

"Terrifying."

"Oh shush," she teased. "They'll love you–"

That's when she hears it.

A gunshot?

Yes, those were gunshots.

"It came from your house," Bucky whispered, crouching low. "Come on."

In a desperate crawl to see what was going on, Ally and Bucky came to a hedge overlooking the Jones' backyard. "Do you see anything?"

Bucky squinted his eyes, looking left and right until he caught sight of a few cars...with the HYRDA symbol on them. "Oh god," he gasped. "Ally, I need you to stay calm."

"Bucky...what is it?"

"It's HYRDA."

Ally sprang from the bushes but Bucky immediately grabbed her hand and she came toppling to the ground. "We can't just sit here!"

"Look!" he whisper-yelled, pointing at the fifty or so HYRDA men scattered across the residence. "There's too many of them."

Victoria– Vic– the girl from the diner that flirted with Bucky– the secret HYRDA agent, came marching out of the house with Ally's mother and two brothers. Where was her father? Was that what the first gunshot was?

She felt like she was going to vomit. Her stomach churned as she watched Vic circle them. "Now, can someone tell me where Alchemy Jones is?"

No one said a word.

Vic was handed a gun and she aimed it at Nico. "Do I have to kill another one of you?"

"We don't know," pleaded Rosa. "We haven't seen her since last night."

"If you keep lying, I'll have to kill your sons like I did your husband."

Ally felt her throat swell up and the tears beginning to blur her vision. She knew she was helpless in this situation. Bucky wouldn't let her go and she knew that it was reverse psychology, Vic would kill them even if they told her where she was.

"Why are you looking for her?" Rosa sniffed, not moving her eyes from her son's. "Who are you?"

"Doctor Jones is capable of mimicking the super soldier serum and Schmidt doesn't like that idea at all."

Steve looked between the two, thinking for a moment before he shook his head, chuckling lightly at his two friends (who were now each other's lovers). "How about you? Are you ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 533 35
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!
228K 22K 55
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
97.1K 1.9K 29
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...