The Journal

By Ninainkhand

Growing up with a nerve recking of a father and a dead mother isn't pleasant. Edeline tries to escape her pr... More

The Journal
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 41

40 1 5
By Ninainkhand

Edeline

''Edeline, I'm gonna go to my grandma's. The neighbors said she's sick. I need to go see her'' Sam said packing his bag, ''Sick again? Oh gosh. I hope she's okay'' I said, ''How long is it to get there. I can come along'' I continued, ''oh no, stay here. You have things to take care of. And take care of the bookstore while I'm gone'' he said, ''How long does it take to get there?'' I asked, ''2 hours'' he said, ''okay, drive safely. Here's coffee and sandwiches for the road'' I handed him the food, ''Thank you'' he said hugging me and left.

I hope his grandma gets well, nothing worse than losing a family member.

I have to admit, I felt lonely the soon Sam shut the door behind him.

The whole day was boring, there was nothing to do. I had to keep myself busy with decorating the bookstore and trying to smile at customers.

I kept reading The Journal and found nothing but memories with mom and her girl friends. She wrote how she still contacted Derek after she had me and how good she felt then.

She wrote something about dad treating her badly. He stopped her from going out with her friends because he doubted she was seeing someone.

She wasn't seeing anyone, not even Derek. She knew he would doubt her so she wrote to Derek instead of calling or meeting.

She loved Derek so much she couldn't stop talking to him. I understand how she feels, she didn't wanna marry dad in the first place so of course she will still fight for Derek.

I decided to clean my mom's house to waste time.

Mr. Smith came as usual and sat in front of the lake.

I ordered dinner and ate with him, he's the other person who feels lonely like me. Some company won't hurt.

I left him sitting on the chair and went back home.

The minute I threw myself on the couch the door knocked.

So many thoughts came into my mind.

Is it Tristan? Is it Sam? Is he back from his grandma's visit?

I opened the door and it was...

Hill...

_____________________________

Thanks for reading ❤️
- Nina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 67 12
yk your girl, slow updates </3 have caution reading bc there's gore-y descriptions<3 Detective by day, Serial Killer by night; Simply because One lon...
29.8K 427 19
What if Shay never really died? Will it be too late to recover her friendship with Kelly? Will things ever be the same?
The Trapped By jada

Mystery / Thriller

937K 36.8K 71
[ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] [HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in mystery/thriller] She's the girl he has searched for and he will stop at nothing to keep her. F...
19.3K 792 21
"You will leave me when I tell you to leave me," he said to me, tears spilling out of his eyes, "do you understand?" I was so shocked that I couldn't...