Rightfully His

By raylor17

You can't run from your past. Everyone has heard those words before. No matter how hard she tries, Tinsley ca... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 8

540K 9.2K 619
By raylor17

I'd just like to apologize if this sucks. I was having a round of writers block and decided that I had to give you guys a little of Daniel and Tinsley.

As requested by ReadWriteMusic, I tried to make this longer. And let me just say, ReadWriteMusic, you are a very enthusiastic fan. I love it :)

Also, on the side there's  (hopefully) a slideshow of some of the book covers I've gotten so far for Rightfully His. I didn't make any of them, all the credit goes to

enjoylife06

writexmusic

Simplebutawesome

and

purplemars3

(hopefully in that order)

Sorry if I didn't get yours in the slideshow, these were just the ones I had saved to the slideshow. Soon though, I'll put them all in. If anyone else wants to make one, feel free to. I welcome it :)

Thank you to everyone that votes/comments/fans. You really are the best.

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes)

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 8

Tinsley’s POV:

            The weekend passed by in a flurry of sweaty trips to the dance studio. I haven’t danced like that in a long time and it felt good to release all the pent up stress. The lady who owns the studio welcomed me with open arms and after watching me dance, she practically begged me to help her teach the ballet class offered to the younger kids. While ballet wasn’t the only type of dance I performed, it was a job so I accepted. Soon enough though, it was Monday and I had to go to school and face him.

            “Good morning.” Aaron greeted me without looking up from his  newspaper as I walked into the kitchen.

            “Is it?” I asked dully, not wanting to have to go to school and face my stupid mate.

            “Something wrong?” Aaron asked, finally meeting my gaze. I shrugged, hoping he’d wave it off. I haven’t seen much of my brother lately because he’s been working and I’ve been dancing.

            “Not at all.” I answered finally, turning away from his scrutinizing gaze.

            “I’m your brother Tinsley, I’ve been with you your whole life. I know when something is wrong and something is definitely bothering you.” He said sternly.

            “It’s nothing.” I threw my hands up in the air, hoping he’d get the hint that I didn’t want to talk about it. Especially with him of all people.

            “Tinsley.” I heard the warning in his voice and felt the slight power radiate off of him. If my parents hadn’t…he would have been Alpha. Even though he didn’t have his pack, he still had the Alpha power in him that was passed down from my dad.

            “Ok, ok, ok.” I sighed and sat down, knowing I wouldn’t win this. Maybe talking this out would help and I didn’t have to tell him everything, I could paraphrase.

            “Good, now begin.” He ordered, setting his newspaper down and focusing his attention on me.

            “Well, let’s say hypothetically, there’s this friend. And she met this guy…and they’re let’s say, they’re supposed to be together. The thing is, he doesn’t want to be with her. And she doesn’t want to be with him, well at least she doesn’t think she wants to. But sometimes, her feelings confuse her because she feels things she shouldn’t be feeling.” I finished, looking up at him. He gazed at me with a speculative expression, clearly deep in thought.

            “Why doesn’t he want to be with her?” He asked.

            “He just doesn’t. I don’t see how this matters.”

            “Why doesn’t she want to be with him?” Aaron continued.

            “She has a…a past. One she isn’t ready to deal with. But at the same time, it doesn’t feel…right to not be with him.” I could only guess he knew who the girl was now that I said that. There was silence for a few moments before he finally spoke.

            “Well, it sounds like this “girl” wants to be with him but her head is in the way.” He must know that doesn’t make much sense. “Look, all I can say is fate is fate. Eventually it’s going to catch up to you so you can’t fight it. Tinsley, while you can’t force two people to be together if they don’t want to be, you also can’t separate them if it’s destined.”

            “You know that doesn’t help me at all right?” I finally said, exasperated. He chuckled and nodded.

            “I know. Eventually though, you’ll have this epiphany and it’ll all make sense.”

            “And until then…?” He shrugged and I exhaled loudly. It was silent in the room once again as we were both absorbed in our thoughts.

“Tinsley, did you find your mate?” He asked, eerily calm.

            “This was a hypothetical case.” I hissed, grimacing at him.

            “Hypothetically, did this friend of yours find her mate?” I looked away and sighed, getting up.

            “Look I have to go, I’m going to be late for school.” I muttered, turning to leave.

            “Wait,” He commanded. I stopped and turned to face him when he didn’t continue. “Tinsley, don’t forget you’re a Possenti. Don’t forget what you’re last name means.”

            “With great power.” I murmured softly, smiling as I turned to leave. My original last name had been Possenti, from my dad’s Italian side. Aaron and I had been constantly harassed by the meaning of our last name by my father. He prided in telling us our very last name proved there was a great power inside of us.

            Usually Kayla took me to school because she lived a few blocks down but I told her I’d walk to school today. I needed the fresh, crisp air to help me get my thoughts in order and prepare myself. While I wanted nothing to do with my mate, it wasn’t very easy to distance myself from the constant pull towards him. You can do this. Just ignore him. That’s not so hard. Just remember, mate=bad! You DON’T want a mate, to repeat that, you DON’T want a mate Tinsley. You’re strong, you can do this. I chanted to myself during the shirt walk to school. Before I was ready I found myself staring at the dull, bleak building in front of me.

            “You get here fast.” Kayla said as she walked up behind me. I hadn’t even noticed she’d arrived.

            “Fast walker.” I mumbled just as his black Escalade pulled up, music once again blasting from the speakers. I turned away as the driver’s door opened, forcing myself not to steal a look at the driver.

            “Ostentatious.” Kayla muttered, glowering at the car and driver.

            “Come along now.” I murmured, pulling on her arm.

            “Seriously, what do they see in him? I mean it’s disgusting the way Lexi is just hanging off his arm like that.”

            I couldn’t help it. I turned to see what she got her all riled up and felt my blood start to boil at the sight. Little Miss Blondie over there had her arms locked hazardously around Daniel’s neck and her face was practically super glued to his. How dare she put her hands on what is mine! Before I could stop it, a low growl erupted from my chest. Kayla looked at me in shock and I looked away, pretending nothing happened.

            “What the hell was that?” She gaped.

            “What was what?” I tried to make my voice sound disinterested.

            “That growl!” She cried.

            “A growl?” I asked slowly, arranging my face into that of a person utterly confused.

            “Yes, you just growled.” She seemed less sure this time.

            “No. I don’t think so.” I shook my head slowly, trying to look like I was thinking it over.

            “Yes-Yes you did!” She cried again. I pursed my lips and stared at her, pretending to be confused.

            “No, no I think you might have just imagined it. I mean, there’s a lot of noise so maybe you just though you heard me growl.” I reasoned.

            “I could have sworn, though…” She trailed off and I bit back a grin.

            “I know, me too.” I soothed, leading her away from the man whore and the slut.

            The school day passed in another game of keep away, though my friends didn’t seem to care that Daniel had no interest in me. A part of me still burned whenever I thought if that blond bimbo with her hands on my mate. Mate. There it is again. It’s like the more I try to deny what he is, the more the word pops into my head. No matter, he doesn’t want a mate and I don’t deserve one. My head suddenly felt heavy and an overwhelming tiredness engulfed me. I stood up, almost knocking over the easel in front of me and hurriedly rushed to the door.

            “Miss Blake?” My art teacher called from her cluttered desk, raising her eyebrow. I almost didn’t respond, not recognizing the name. Blake. Right, that was my mother’s maiden name and the name we chose to stand in for our last name.

            “Uhh, emergency.” I smiled apologetically and practically ran out of the classroom. My wolf begged me to shift so that we could just run and escape our dilemma. Even for just a little while.

            It was like déjà vu all over again. I’d just rounded the corner, hoping to slip out of school and go to the forest that surrounded the school when I knocked into something. The force sent me reeling to the ground and I landed with an umph. I sighed angrily and quickly stood up, preparing to have a full on bitch fest at whoever I had ran into. The poor person just caught me in the wrong moment.

            “Don’t you watch where you’re going? Or are you just blind?” I started, angrily dusting my jeans off. I looked up, fully intending to continue but stopped when I saw the smug smile the belonged to the guy leaning up against the lockers.

            “Why Tinsley, we have to stop meeting like this.” He said, sounding amused and annoyingly confident. I’d like to slap that confident look right off his face.

            “How-how do you know my name?” I cursed myself for stuttering and he chuckled, leaning forward to wrap a lock of my hair around his finger. He let it drop after a second and gave me a regarding, serious look. I could see the humor hidden deep in his eyes though and it pissed me off. This was entertaining to him.

            “I make it a point to know everything about my little mate.” He said, putting an emphasis on mate and drawing the word out. I tried not to look shocked and shook my head.

            “I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I murmured, looking anywhere but up at his smug face.

            “Aww, don’t fight it. You know exactly what we are. I saw the look on your face yesterday when we first ran into each other. Literally.” He laughed lightly at his own joke and I glared at him.

            “Look, we both don’t want a mate so why don’t we leave it at that.” I told his exasperated. He pretended to think about it before shaking his head.

            “Nah, while I don’t want anything serious, I think we could have a little fun.” I raised my eyebrows at fun.

            “Thanks but no thanks. So if you’ll excuse me…” I tried to step around him but he pushed himself off the lockers and into my path.

            “Yeah, not quite little mate. Quick question, moaner or screamer.” I gasped at his question and my eyes widened. He laughed, clearly amused. “I’m going to say moaner, maybe a little of both. Got to say, that’s hot.”

            “You’re a disgusting pig.” I glared fiercely at him and slapped his arm. I wasn’t stupid, mates or not, you never slap an Alpha in the face.

            “Ahh, true but the thing is, you’re sort of stuck with me. Eventually, you’re going to want me.” He shrugged, looking smug. I paused a moment before slowing letting a smile creep onto my face as I leaned in close. I stopped when we were a breath away, his eyes instantly filling with lust.

            “Not even if I were on my deathbed.” I hissed, pulling back quickly. I stepped around him and managed to get a few steps before being pulled back roughly.

            “Now little mate, if you want to play with an Alpha, then we’re going to play.” He growled lowly in my ear as he pulled us into a nearby supply closet. I shivered involuntarily, loving the feel of his breath on my neck. Stop it! I commanded myself.

            “Let me go.” I struggled against his python like grip and gasped when he shoved me up against the wall, locking me in place with his body. The smooth planes of his frame pressed up against the contours of my own and I felt my wolf get excited.

            “Do you really want me to let you go?” He murmured, running his nose along the side of my face as he inhaled.

            “Ye-yes.” I stammered, knowing I sounded weak. He smiled as he moved to my neck, sliding his hands up my arms until they rested on either side of my head against the wall.

            “You don’t want me to do this?” He murmured, placing a small kiss on my neck. I shivered and lightly shook my head. “Or this?” He proceeded to trail kisses up my neck, keeping his body pressed tightly against mine.

            I knew this wasn’t supposed to be so enjoyable, but damn this boy was good! He knew exactly how to drive me wild and render my defenses useless. I was going insane with need and lust, and judging from the small smirk on his face, Daniel knew this too. I moaned as he opened his mouth over my skin, letting his tongue slip out. I knew he was going to leave a hickey from the kissing and sucking he was doing but at the moment, that didn’t seem so bad.

            “See little mate, you want this.” He said huskily, pulling away from my neck. I blinked, trying to find a way out of my lust filled haze.

            “Boy do I.” I murmured as he thrust his head down and connected our lips.

            Now, I’ve never been much of a social person but that doesn’t mean I’ve never had a boyfriend or been kissed. I’ve been kissed before. I’ve never been kissed like this before. I smiled against his lips as he tried to get me to open my mouth.  If there’s anything I’ve learned about seduction, it’s always sweeter when you make him wait. When you make him work for it. After his third attempt, he growled against my mouth and purposely ground his lower half against me. I gasped at the feelings that brought on and he took the opportunity. Like a cobra striking, his tongue slipped in and I moaned at how good, how right it felt. I encircled my arms around his neck and he slipped his hands down my body to my thighs, pulling them up to wrap them around his waist. I was burning with need and he was the only thing that could cool me down. I’m really not a slut or anything, but I have never wanted someone more then I currently wanted Daniel. That was what broke through my sex filled thoughts.

            “We-we shouldn’t be doing this.” I panted, pulling away.

            “Maybe, maybe not.” He said before engulfing me in another heady kiss.

            “But we don’t want this.” I managed after a few minutes.

            “I’m beginning to rethink that.” Daniel once again distracted me with his lips and by then, I was beyond trying to stop what we were doing.

            Who knows what would have happened if my phone hadn’t started buzzing in my back pocket. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was as I was so far gone in Daniel’s intoxicating scent and his skillful mouth. I broke away, out of breath. He however, continued on, kissing and licking a trail down my neck.

            “Leave it.” He murmured against my skin. I ignored him and reached into my back pocket, answering it without looking at the caller i.d.

            “Where the hell are you?” Kayla’s voice filled me ears and I abruptly pulled back. I struggled against Daniel’s grip, trying to escape. Kayla’s voice was like a cold bucket of water.

            “Oh no you don’t.” Daniel murmured, chuckling as he pressed me against the wall and flattened himself against me. I sighed heavily as his mouth went back to my neck.

            “I just had an em-emergency and needed to leave.” I stammered, breathless. Daniel laughed softly against my skin and his eyes flashed up to meet my own. “Stop it!” I hissed.

            “Ok, well you left your bag. School ends in about ten, do you want me to grab it for you?” I bit back a moan as Daniel deliberately stuck out his tongue and licked all the way from the base of my neck to my chin, keeping his amused gaze locked on mine. In any other case, I would have thought someone licking me was disgusting, but boy was he turning me on.

            “Yeah-yeah, that would be-that would be great.” My voice came out wobbly and unsteady. “Knock it off.” I glared at him as he smiled devilishly and slowly slid his hand under my shirt and up my back.

            “Are you ok?” Kayla asked. I had to hold the phone away from me for a moment as I moaned quietly, Daniel’s hands and mouth driving me crazy. His lips curved up, he was so enjoying my squirming.

            “Yeah, never better. Why do you ask?” I managed to put a hand on his chest and push him away a bit.

            “I don’t know, you sound a little…breathless.” She finished. I bit my lip as he deftly removed my hand from his chest and pushed me against the wall harder, removing the already minimal space between us.

            “Really, weird. Well, I’ve things to do and…stuff, so I’ll just talk to you later.” I couldn’t manage trying to sound normal on the phone while Daniel stood here and tortured me. I was about to hang up when Kayla spoke up again, causing me to roll my eyes and silently groan. Daniel shook his head, not liking that my full attention wasn’t on him.

“That’s enough.” He growled, taking the phone from my hand and sliding it shut, effectively ending the call. He slipped it back into my back pocket, lingering as he slid his hand back up. I’ll admit, that was hot.

School got out in roughly ten minutes, meaning I didn’t have much time to get as far away from Kayla and the rest of my friends as I could. If they smelled his scent on me or much less happened to go looking for me and found me locked in the arms of Daniel, of all people, they would flip. Now that Kayla had somewhat sobered me up, leaving me burning and completely confused, I had to make a plan to get this hot and bothered Alpha off of me. With the way he was hungrily kissing me, it wasn’t long until I would begin to drift off into the needy haze. I needed to get out of here as quickly as possible.

Leaning in, I kissed him with as much passion as I could muster. He responded eagerly, loosening his hold on me, and I slipped down his body, landing lightly on my feet. I opened my eyes to see his closed as he breathed in deeply, trying to rein in his wolf. I knew what he was doing because I was having trouble doing the same. I took a quick step to the left and backed up to the door, keeping my eyes trained on him. If he managed to get his paws on me again, I already knew I’d be a goner. He turned around when I opened the door and we stood still, assessing each other and that very heated make out session that had just occurred.

“This,” I gestured between the two of us. “This can never happen again.” I whispered regretfully.

Then I ran. I ran down the hall and out the school doors. I ran into the woods and shifted quickly, letting my wolf take over so she could stretch out her limbs and run. I had gone to school today with the task of staying for away from my mate only to have a make out session later on in the day. That left me jumbled and disorganized inside. I knew it should have felt wrong. I knew I should have pushed him away the second he touched me. But the thing is, I didn’t and it didn’t. I didn’t push him away and…it didn’t feel so wrong.

I’d say I have a problem.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 3.2K 30
Loving the boy who drove your older brother to suicide was extremely wrong. But why did it feel so right? •Completed• ~ #1 in kaifanfic (11.21.2018)
9.3K 849 151
#5 in lone #1 in rawemotions #53 in unrequitedlove #73 in newadult Book 1: When He Loves [Completed] Book 2: When He Moves On [Completed] __________...
93K 2K 24
[BOYXBOY] YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED this is a story based on a role play that i have been doing with a friend of mine on kik yes there might be smut im no...
384K 10.6K 27
Astilbe: Promising to wait for that person with patience and dedication. After searching far and wide for ten years, Leon Wolf, the Alpha of the Impe...