Blindly Running into Trouble

By everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part II
Part lll

Part I

10.1K 262 38
By everyday_imstumblin

"Please Avan!"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top!"

Avan sighed and I knew I got him, so I mentally smirked.

"No."

I pouted and crawled my way to him on the couch. We were hanging out at his house (alone, woohoo!), it was roughly about noon and I was hungry. Avan's kitchen didn't have my kind of food and so I'm trying to convince him to come with me to buy food at the corner shop that was a couple of blocks away. But Avan was being stubborn so I came up with a plan. Evilly laughing in my head I got in my crouch position.

I eyed Avan as he stood up and that's when I pounced.

He didn't even take a step when I suddenly landed on the floor and wrapped my hands securely around his ankles. Lying on my stomach, I thought that this was a brilliant plan that is, until my body was being dragged by every step Avan took.

"Please Avan! Pleeeeaaasssee!"

Avan grunted but kept pulling...okay so this plan was a fail. Luckily none of his family was here to witness this because it would have been embarrassing. Since that didn't work...I went for plan B.

I threw a tantrum.

"Avvaaan, waaaa! I want to go buy food! Why are you letting me starve?!" my legs were flailing and I was shouting on the top of my lungs.

"Alright! Alright!" Avan sighed in defeat.

"Yay!" I hopped on my legs, giddily jumped up and down and then giggled my way to the front door "Come on Avan, the food is calling to me!" Impatiently I waited for him, Avan purposely walked slowly and I scowled at him.

"I will make your life even more miserable if you do not get here in the next second" my voice was deadly calm, Avan's face lit up in horror and quickly rushed to the door and we were off...to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of OZ!

Fido can be that stupid black mop with four legs I thought evilly, Slutty side agreed with me. It is only here in my weird world created in my head am I able to say whatever I want.

Isn't that right Slutty me, ok I think I just offended myself...

'That's right’ she snorted.

"I like to see what that stupid dog can do here!" we both laughed out loud but then an abrupt growl was heard in the distance and it sounded like it was getting closer. We stopped laughing, slutty side quickly vanished with the last words being 'You're on your own toots'

Slowly turning my head to see black beady eyes staring at me. And they were not happy.

"B-but that's not possible, this is my world!" I whispered in horror when Fido smirked, "There's no escaping me human!" squeaking in shock I backed away, twisting my body I made a move to run away when I saw Fido crouch down in a pouncing position. The glint in his eyes told me that whatever he was going to do, will not be pleasant for me.

"Son of-" and I never got to finish that sentence...or run...or take a step - ok I think you got the point.

I died...in my head of course.

***

"Ugly mutt, hope he gets burned by a flamethrower!" I muttered angrily as I rubbed my ass that probably has his bit marks on my left cheek. You want to know the weird thing...that all happened in my head, SO HOW THE HELL DID IT BECOME REAL!!!

Stupid Dog!

Anyway I zoned back in after whining and moaning my way to and from the store. Of course, Avan decided to make it hard for me to just walk in peace.

"How could you forget the one thing, that wouldn't have made this trip a waste?!" Avan yelled as we exited the shop empty handed.

"Well I'm sorry that I was so excited that I FORGOT MY TO BRING MONEY!" I screamed the last part at him, people turned around but we ignored them as we continued our bickering. We were making our way home all the while my stomach was growling at me.

"Ugh! I'm sooo hungry!" I moaned, while shaking him to distract myself.

"Ciara will you-"Avan grunted and then proceeded to slap my hand away. I gasped and cradled my hurting hand, "You-you demon!" sniffing, I wiped away an imaginary tear from my eye.

Avan pinched the bridge of his nose, "How I survive with you, I shall never know."

I tuned out Avan's whining. He kept on rambling until we rounded the corner "With you it's all about Me, Me, Me, well wha- Oof!"

Avan tripped and fell, but since I was holding his hand...I just let it go and watched him fall.

What? Don't expect me to fall with him, it's survival of the fittest people!

Avan groaned and rolled on his back, taking pity on him (because that looked like a really bad fall) I crouched down next to Avan and patted his head. "It's ok Avan, I'm right here next to you" see, I can be a supportive girlfriend.

"Sometimes I swear Ciara..." Oh snap! He used my real name... Rawr! My name sounded so sexy coming from his lips, hehehe :P

Avan sat up but then something caught my eye, "Hey look! A suit case!" I jumped over him, by that I really mean I pushed him back down so I could lay on his stomach (so I wouldn’t have to lay on the dirty, filthy floor…I should thank Avan later for this act of chivalry) while I checked out the suit case that I assume Avan tripped over.

"Wonder what's inside?" my eyes grew with curiosity but then Avan had to go ruin it.

"Kitty! You can't just go opening someone's stuff!" Avan yelled, and pushed me off him. Rolling to the side, I crawled on my knees and sat in front of the case. "Why not, it's here! Alone! With no owner!" I stared longingly at the case, while Avan rubbed his face in irritation.

"Just a peek" I reasoned with him. When Avan sighed and I squealed in triumph. "This is so exciting!" Rubbing my hands in excitement, I slowly latched on and opened the case. Inside, a glow came from the case and out came MONEY!!! Nah jokes it was nothing but papers [insert crushed hopes and dreams here...boo :(]

"Oh" I pouted in disappointment, Avan crawled next to me "So what's in it?"

"Nothing, just a bunch of papers." Since this was a fail for finding a secret weapon or spy gear, I decide to shift through the paper.

"Good, now let's close the thing and take it to the shop so they can deal with it and we can be on merry way" Avan happily said and stood up, brushing his pants, Avan let out a hand for me to grab. Sighing, I was about to close the case when something stopped me,

"What the..." I mumbled and at the same time Avan said “Oh no” ignoring him I took out the piece of paper that changes everything...

"Avan..." I stared at it, my mouth turning into a grin as I stood up. I twisted around and jumped on Avan, I think by now he got used to my jump surprises so he quickly wrapped his arms around me. Grinning like a fool I held the tickets in front of Avan's face "Looks like we're going to Miami!" I hugged him around his neck.

I always wanted to go there! It's like my lifelong dream!! This could be our chance, I'm so happy right now!

Avan grunted, "No Ciara, we are not going to steal someone's ticket so we can have our fun and besides our parents won't let us leave" I groaned and hit Avan on his head.

"Don't be so snooty booty!" I scolded him and hopped down onto my feet.

Holding the two tickets up towards the sun, I checked to see if their legit (by that I really mean, I have no idea what to look for). Nodding in approval, I flicked them and then turned back to Avan.

"I don't see why we can't go, there're legit tickets and it says we are leaving today. I highly think this will be enough time for the person to find these tickets by then." I told him, while tucking them safely away.

We have to get to the airport in two hours, so we best be hurrying!

"Kitty, do you not see the bigger picture?!" I shook my head in response and Avan growled in irritation. "Well for one, this is stealing!" I scoffed and waved my hand dismissively "Nonsense, this is borrowing with no return policy"

I could tell Avan wasn't stunned my reply, because he had a backup "Ok then how are we going to go? Our names aren't printed on the ticket and we have to show our passports so they're going to figure it out anyway" Avan sounded so smug at that moment, that he even crossed his arms and stood tall.

"That's nothing, I'll just call up my pal B-dazzle! He can set us up with different passports" Avan frowned and I smirked. There's no way I'm missing out on this opportunity. "B-dazzle?" by the look on his face it was clear to me that Avan was confused on how I met my other friends that are not from school.

Rolling my eyes I began to explain to him the complexity of my life...nah jokes, that would take years to understand, kind of like biology.

"Yeah, well I met him on August the 5th 2011, at approximately 3am. I was wearing jeans and a hoody that wasn't mine. I think I was slightly buzzed on coffee and gave a hard time to the people around me." I smiled at the trip down memory lane, ah good times.

"Kitty...where were you when you met him?" I froze at his question, I can't tell him that!

"I don't remember..." I lied and guiltily looked down, ignoring Avan who obviously doesn't believe me. "Ciara." he used that tone when you're getting scolded by your parents.

I huffed in defeat and spilt out my life story "I was...in jail" I whispered the last part but Avan still heard due to his supersonic hearing.

He was quite for a moment, "Huh...why am I not surprised?" I grinned up at him. Avan...he's so understanding!

"So anyway I was being held in a cell and since I've been there awhile I thought to make friends with some of them. B-dazzle was one of em" I shrugged and before Avan could make another comment I quickly wrapped my arms around his and fist pumped my other hand.

"Miami here we come!"

"Wai- Ciara!"

Ignoring Avan, I started to pull him in the direction of the house. We must quickly pack and get to the airport. Rushing down the sidewalk, a man dressed in a grey suit was coming our way. Now I didn't really think of much, but then my eyes glided down to his hand and I gasped.

He wasn't carrying a suitcase! And by the look of his worried face, I've concluded that this is the man we are 'borrowing' from. Sighing, I knew what I had to do.

Man, I really don't want to do this...but...

***

"Ciara what the hell was that!" Avan said breathlessly as he pulled himself over the large fence. I waited on the other side, kneeling over I tried to catch my breath.

"He was- Oh man I can't breathe!" I gasped for air and clutched my sides. Avan landed gracefully on the ground, unlike me who is now sporting a bruise on my hip and arm.

I'll give you a run-down of what happened. So basically, I didn't want to give up the tickets, so I pushed Avan off the sidewalk, made some really crappy story about a murderer coming after us. Then pushed him some more over someone's backyard, and then I kept dragging him over other people's garden until we got to Avan's backyard.

Sadly one had Fido's much larger and scarier cousin, one of those large guard dogs, yes well, it didn't end well...for Avan.

If I wasn't so out of breath, I would be laughing at the huge hole in his pants. I can see his butt from here which is also kind of making me blush.

All in all...Avan was not happy. In fact I think it looks like he's gunna kill me at any moment now. I can just feel it...or maybe it was the scary I'm-going-to-murder-you look and the dangerous vibe I was getting from him.

Nah, I'm going with my feelings. They never failed me.

"I told you" I straightened up and looked at Avan, "There was a psycho maniac serial killer coming our way, he had a butcher knife on his hand and was wearing a bloody apron, so I pushed you over someone’s garden to get away" so I was over selling it, boo hoo!

Avan slapped his forehead and shook his head. "Alright, say I believe you-" I didn't allow Avan to finish that sentence when I rudely interrupted, "Whoo! That's all I wanted!" Grinning I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside his house.

I ran passed the kitchen but then suddenly stopped, making Avan crash into me. Stumbling forward, I pushed him back until we were backtracking to the kitchen. We stood by the door way, I stared at the scene in front of me and the only thought that crossed my mind is...that, should not be legal.

The sight that has graced my now burning eyes is, Devon standing the kitchen wearing nothing but speedos, yes I said speedos and yes they were bright red, and yes my eyes just fell out.

I knew Avan was blind but I just had to cover his innocent eyes, just in case.

I could feel Avan's confusion, bending down to my level he whispered "What is going on? My instincts are telling me to run" his instincts couldn't have been more right.

Devon was cooking away without a care in the world, a spatula in his one hand and a pan in the other. Whistling along to One Direction 'What makes you beautiful' Devon still hasn't noticed Avan and I so I decided to reveal Devon's dirty secret to Avan. "Your brother is dressed in a speedo and is cooking, while awfully singing to One Direction as you can hear.”

Avan scrunched up his face, “That’s not a mental image I want to see”

Devon heard Avan, his head snapped to us. “AHHH!!” he squealed like a little girl and dropped everything in his hands. Devon’s hands went to cover up his body, while he stuttered and shuffled his way behind the table.

“W-w-what you guys doing h-here?!” Devon was flustered, a deep blush crept on his neck and cheeks.

“Bro, what the hell?!” Avan practically shouted, while I held in a laugh. Suddenly an idea came to me, quickly I took out my phone and put on the camera.

“Devon say cheese!” I pointed the camera at him and clicked the button just as Devon was about to dive at me “Noooo!”

Click!

Ok I lied…

Click!

Click!

Click!

Click!

I giggled, and hid behind Avan while taking another picture. Devon squealed, while trying to grab me but I ducked under his arm. Devon was about to grab me again but I put a hand up to stop him.

“Halt!” Devon froze, his eyes looked at me suspiciously but I just smirked at him.

This was perfect for my plan. It’s like Avan and I were meant to go to Miami! Grinning I held the phone away from him but kept my eye on Devon.

“These-”I wiggled my phone, “-Will be deleted, if you cover Avan and I while we go to Miami” oh yeah…I’m a genius.

“Deal!” Devon didn’t even think twice as he snatched my phone away and started to delete the photos. I think after a while Devon finally realized my words, “Miami? Can I come?!” he exclaimed but he was too damn late.

Avan and I already went to our room, packed our bags and were already out the door by the time he completed that sentence.

“No!” I shouted and slammed the front door closed.

We made our way to my car by the driveway, Avan popped the bags in the trunk and got in the passenger seat and I, in the driver seat. We had only about an hour left to get to the airport, so like the awesome person I am, I pressed the my foot to the pedal.

Sadly though, I forgot one teeny tiny detail…I forgot to put it into the right gear and ended up reversing…into the house. Woops.

“Ciara!” I laughed nervously at Avan whose jaw was dropped.

I looked behind and saw the damage to the house.

My eyes widened at the sight, “Nothing to see here…” I quickly changed gear and gunned it out the driveway and into the safety of the road. “Ready for an adventure Avan?” I grinned at him, “Miami here we come!!”

Avan groaned but said nothing as he held on to the seat for dear life.

***

“Avan…I think lost the airport…or it lost me but either way I can’t find it.” I said finally, when I’ve only been seeing trees for the past couple of miles.

“Really, you don’t say! I’m blind and I know you were going to wrong way” I frowned at his sarcasm. “Guess we’re just going to have to turn back around and go home.” Avan smirked arrogantly, as if he won.

Being the prideful person I am, argued.

“No! We are going to ask someone!” I pulled over and stopped the car. Getting out, Avan followed but grumbled and whined. “There’s no one here Ciara! I don’t hear anyone and do I smell…trees?” Avan sniffed the air. It’s hard not to notice anyway, the woody smell was going to make me sneeze any time soon.

“Nonsense! Let’s go, I bet we can find a hunter or something in the woods.” I grabbed his arm and started to pull him deeper into the woods. “This is really not a good idea Ciara.” Rolling my eyes at him, I kept walking.   

10 minutes in and I was about to call it quits all because of Avan. The damn boy wouldn’t shut up! Just as I turned around to shout at him, I saw something in the corner of my eye.

“Civilization!” I cried out in relief, even though it was just a lame, small almost broken cabin. Maybe they have a phone?

“Ciara, I don’t think we should go there. Something is wrong here, I don’t know I have a funny feeling about this.” Oh Avan…always the cautious one.

“Ok you stay here and I’ll go see if anyone’s home.” Without a second thought, I ran to the house leaving behind a shouting Avan.

Maybe it was just me or maybe it was when I entered the house and saw guns, knives, a table filled with blueprints and basically everything that looked like someone was going to rob a bank stuff, it made me rethink Avan’s instincts about this place. Especially when I saw a picture of Richard Hamilton and his wife who was carrying a small baby girl in her arms.

Awww! How adorable is the puppy sitting on the floor!

I was going to leave when I saw it…

Ok more like heard it coz it was crying really loudly. The baby huddled in pink blankets was on the table. Moving closer, I saw small baby who coincidentally looked exactly like the one in the picture. Based on the limited amount of knowledge on babies that I have, she looks roughly about 1-ish and yeah…that’s pretty much it.

Staring down at her she quieted down and looked back at me. I blinked twice and she copied me, I frowned when she did that, but then she copied me again. My eyes narrowed and she mirrored my actions, “Ok, now you’re just mocking me!” I growled.

She giggled in response. “Whatever I’m leaving.” Huffing I turned only to hit Avan’s chest.

“Don’t do that!” I screamed in surprise and jumped back, hitting the side of the table. The baby giggled louder, now if I wasn’t worried about my pain, I would have noticed that the baby sounded like she was laughing at me.

…I hate her already.

“Ciara what is going on?” Avan asked, annoyed.

“There’s a baby on the table, ok now let’s go, this place is giving me the creeps.” I said while looking at the picture of Richard and his family. Evil – the lot of em. I can see it in their eyes, especially that stupid baby.

“Kitty, we are not leaving a baby here. There’s no one here to take care of her or him!”

Rolling my eyes at him, Avan’s hands glided on the table until he touched the baby. Carefully he picked it up and started to cradle it close to his chest.

‘Let’s kill that baby.’ I agreed with slutty side. No one and I mean NO ONE, cuddles with Avan but me!

I twitched when the baby reached out and caressed Avan’s face. Naturally Avan smiled and I scoffed. It took me days for Avan to let me see his smile and here comes a damn baby and now he’s all unicorns and rainbows.

Some boyfriend he turned out to be.

I looked away before I attack that thing that goes goo goo gaa gaa. Walking around the room, I found a board filled with stuff like ‘Million dollar baby’ ‘ransom for 50 million dollars’ ‘Kidnap’

I gasped at what I saw.

“Candy!!” I picked up the delicious and free candy under the board. Opening the wrapper, I popped one in my mouth and moaned in delight.

“So good!” munching on them, I barely notice Avan come next to me with the devil spawn. Oh yeah, Fido gave birth to a baby since he is the devil himself. I’m so glad I ditched that mutt.

Which reminds me….

“Avan MIAMI!!!” I screamed in horror.

Avan smirked, “Guess we missed it.” my eyes narrowed at him.

“I could eat you, you know that.” It was supposed to be a very serious threat but Avan just laughed and began to walk towards the door. I wish he didn’t remember the steps he took and walked in the wall…with the baby.

Avan suddenly bumped into the corner of the table. He hissed while I smirked and shrugged, eh close enough. Papers fell to the ground and I went to go pick them up. My brows knitted in confusion when I read the paper out loud.

“Milly Hamilton was born to become a million dollar baby. Being the heir to Hamilton enterprises, big things are expected of, blah blah she has been kidnapped blah blah parents really worried, so on and so forth.” Casually I threw the papers back on the table and picked up the picture of the baby in Avan’s arms.

“Hey! The baby you’re holding looks exactly like Milly.” Hey, this feels like déjà vu! Oh…it must be my short term memory kicking in again. I should really see a doctor about that, eh I’ll do it later…if I remember.

“Wait a minute, Ciara tell me what do you see around you.” not seeing anything wrong I began to explain everything I saw, from the blue prints down to the guns and knives. Once I was done, I looked at Avan only to see him visibly gulp and pale a little.

“Avan you ok? You look a lil pale. It must be the baby, we should definitely leave it he-”

“Ciara we cannot leave the baby! If you say this baby looks like Milly Hamilton that means she’s been kidnapped!” naaah Avan, I just told you that. He’s so slow. “We got to get her out of here before the kidnappers return from whatever they are doing” I started panicking, which annoyingly made the baby start laughing.

Frowning, I was about to flick her nose when Avan started to move towards the door. “Let’s go Ciara!” huffing, I grabbed Avan’s arm and started to pull him out the cabin and towards my car. Just as we reached the car, I heard a very manly voice. Without even looking I can tell the guy is really buff and tall and muscly and basically like another Devon but more buffer.

Turning around, I saw a short, bald man running and shouting at us…huh, I was way off.

“Ciara!” oh right, we quickly got in the car and just as I drove off as axe slammed against my car. I let out a blood curling scream and so did Avan, the baby though…was giggling and laughing. Her parents need to get her checked.

Swerving, my heart was pounding as I looked at the rear view mirror to see the short guy had a friend and damn was he big! Thank God we got out of that place, good call Avan!

Kidnapper’s POV (the short one)

“Dammit!” I yelled, “I told you stupid to stay with the baby! Where were you?!”

Kevin looked down in shame. “Sorry Al. I was out playing with a butterfly.”

This stupid was only here for muscle. Having all those steroid in his body fried his brain of every brain cell until they left enough to be a four year old kid. I groaned in annoyance and rubbed my head.

Why did they have to leave me with stupid!

“It’s not me you’re going to have to apologize to, Big Boss is not going to be happy! We have to meet him tomorrow and give him the kid but she’s gone and the boss won’t get his money – shit we are screwed!”

“Come on, we gotta go find those pesky teenagers. Who steals a baby?” I muttered angrily.

“Oh I know this answer! We do!” Kevin looked proud of himself being able to answer the question.

Not even bothering with him I made my way in the cabin. It’s too late to find them ourselves since our car died. The only way was to use the cops, thankfully Big Boss got some guys on the inside to do the dirty job.

I grabbed my phone and called Kyle, hopefully he will get the word out. I sent him the videos of the teens from the cameras in the cabin and pray he will find them in time.

If not, Kevin and I will have a Big problem on our hands…

****

So this is the last couple of chapters and then BRT is OVER!!!!!

so enjoy it while it still lasts :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.6K 2.7K 45
[UNEDITED] READ AT YOUR OWN RISK Sobrang dami pang mali sa story na 'to, year 2017 ko pa siya pinublish so basically I'm too young that time. Wala ak...
458K 13.7K 61
-Book one in the Billionaires' Boys' Club Series- Playboy, millionaire Luke Brooks is a gift from God to women (or so people say). He has the money...
360K 14.2K 68
*REWRITTEN VERSION OF THIS STORY IS NOW POSTED AS HEART OF FIRE* | HIGHEST RANK: #13 in Vampire on 5/10/18 #526 in Romance on 7/12/18| She was the...
8.3M 283K 37
Ginelle Hayes is orphaned, and after escaping her abusive guardian with a dark secret, she finds herself alone on the cruel streets of London. Then E...