I'm Back | PLL RE-EDITING

By Beauty_Bullet

The time has come for Elena Marin to return to Rosewood. A simple visit to her family became something else b... More

00.
000. Begining
02. The Past
03. Drama Ensues

01. Going Back

6.4K 127 4
By Beauty_Bullet

"Going back is always the hardest."

"Now moving on to our next report. Alison Dilaurentis claiming to have been kidnapped and held hostage for the past year."

As the news report goes on and on about Alison returning to Rosewood. Elena is continuing to pack for her short trip back to Rosewood. Well, shes hoping for a short trip. With this town, you never know what will happen next. A town where she swore she would never go back. But she has to be there for Hanna since her mom Ashley has been calling non-stop to come visit Hanna. Hanna being Hanna she wouldn't talk to mom about how she's doing especially with Alison being back and Mona is most likely apart of the group that's pissed about it. Elena is the only one who might have a chance to get Hanna to talk for real. Hanna rarely opens up about hows shes doing proving that to be true with the failed countless times she has been forced to go to therapy.

But the other thing is Alison's easy return. Anyone who known Alison for so long knows this 'I was kidnapped' was just a cover-up to something bigger then Alison and maybe the girls are letting on. There's a whole other complicated story that is just a disaster waiting to be revealed. But if your smart enough you won't get involved. This is just a simple visit but that's the thing noting is simple in this town.

RING...RING...RING...

Without even looking at the phone she answers knowing it's the same person calling for the 7th time.

"Mom everything is taken care of don't worry," Once again Ashley worrying again. Ever since she left Rosewood, she keeps worrying about her oldest daughter.

"Are you sure everything is good?"

"Yes don't worry so much. My plane leaves at 9 am so I'll get there by 12 and I'll get a cab home."

"I can pick you up"

"No, it's fine. You get to work. Just leave the spare key in the rock."

"Ok, be careful I'll see you tomorrow. Bye, love you."

"Love you too bye."

----- Next Day

The airport is loud and busy not usual for a town like Rosewood. Elena managed to get through the baggage claim. With a fast speed to get a cab, she needed to get home quickly before Hanna.

Her flight was delayed so she's almost 2 hours delayed. She finally got a cab and headed home. This is so weird it's like she never left. So many memories flooded through her mind. Good and bad. She's so in thought of everything that happened even the secrets that she is still holding onto.

"Okay, we were are," The driver says pulling to the side and shifts the car into park. The driver helps Elena with her bags. Pulling them out of the truck for her. She pays him and he drives off. Before going inside she takes a few minutes for herself. She looks at the house knowing every detail is the same. Nothing changed, well except one thing. It was fall everything was dead when she moved away. Now the trees are full of color.

As she walks inside she sees that her mom still has old pictures of her and Hanna. She walks into the kitchen finding her photo album on the shelf above the desk. When Hanna was born Ashley put together photo albums for them both. Of course, Elena's album started when she was 7 instead of a newborn. It contained pictures from high school, a lot of her and Melissa, her and Hanna, and at the very end her and Jason. She briefly flips through the album and sets it down to settle into her room. She takes her bags upstairs to her room.

Everything is the same in her room. Like she never left. Bringing back old memories some good, some bad, some that she just wants to forget.

"I cant believe I'm back here." She says to her taking in every aspect of the room she left behind. She was so in thought till a noise came from down stairs. It's too early for Hanna to be home and her mom doesn't get back till 6. So it can't be either one.

"Hello" Elena calls out "Mom?" Maybe she got off early.

She continues to walk downstairs to find someone familiar going through the desk in the kitchen. "Aria?" The young girl jumps up and turns around.

"Elena? What are you doing here?"

"I heard about Alison being back and I wanted to check up on Hanna. How are you and the rest of the girls are doing?"

"It's just weird all of a she's back. Now we just got to get used to it."

"Did Mona start her anti-Alison group yet."

"How do you know about that?"

"C'on it's Mona, that's something she would do."

"Yeah, that's true." Aria notice that Elenas a little out of it. "Are you okay?" She says worrying about the older woman.

"Kinda, I guess. It's just weird being back after being gone for so long. Everythings the same like I never left."

"Well, you changed since the last time you were here. Maybe changing your room will help."

"Yeah, I think it well"

" Well I need to get back to school before lunch ends. I'm glad your back even for a little while."

"Don't tell Hanna I'm here it's supposed to be a surprise"

"Don't worry I won't tell her and it's great to have you back." Aria smiles at Elena. Elena has always been an older sister to her. Aria was always been looking out for Mike, but nobody really looked out for her.

"It's good to see old faces. Now go on get to school before your late."

"Bye"

Aria left now Elena was alone.

------- A FEW HOURS LATER

Hanna is in her room with Spencer and still doesn't know that Elena is back.

"Hanna" Ashley calls out walking into her room.

"Yeah Mom"

"Hanna I have a surprise for you"

"What surprise?"

"Hanna Banana" Elena says sticking her head out from around the corner smiling

"Elena!" Hanna jumps up and hugs her sister a hug that clearly states how much she missed her sister.

"Hey Spencer" Spencer gets up too and hugs her

"So I'll be downstairs and let you girls to catch up."

"So how are you girls?" Elena says sitting down with them on Hanna's bed.

"Were okay" Hanna quickly replies

"Please tell me I wasn't gone that long that you forgot who I am." Elena give Hanna the 'are you serious look' "Before you answer just know that I'm not taking 'I'm okay' from either one of you too. Got it" She says pointing at both of them.

"Got it" both Hanna and Spencer say at the same time know that Elena will drill them until she gets the answers she wants.

"Now tell me what is really going on"

"Today was Allison's first day of school with a group of people whos pissed." Spencer explains

"I can't imagine how hard it was for all of you."

"Definently not normal" Spencer says looking down

"Whats bothering you Spency" Elena says noticing how upset Spencer is

Spencer looks at her then Hanna then back to her hisatent of what to say until Hanna speaks up "It's okay Spencer you could tell her"

"Um my parents are splitting up"

"Come here" Elena says moving towards Spencer to hug her "This is just the beginning Spence and it hurts but you can't fight what you feel you have to let the hurt in until you heal and I promise you it will get better." She says breaking the hug "Just know that sometimes with relationships it better for both to break up than be together."

"Thanks El"

The door opens again "Travis is downstairs" Ashley says then leaves again

The three of them get up from the bed "Wait hold up. Travis? How come I never heard of a Travis before?"

"He's just a friend Elena" Hanna says leaving the room with them

"Hanna-banana I know 'just a friend' doesn't really mean just a friend."

"Oh my god don't say that in front of him" She hates when Elena says Hanna-banana "were not kids anymore"

Spencer chuckles at them remembering the first time she heard the nickname and secretly wishing she had this type of relationship with her sister even though Elena is kinda a sister to her.

"So your are Travis" Slightly pushing Hanna out the way to get in front of Travis

"Yeah and you are?" Travis says clearly has no idea who she is

"I'm Elena Hanna's sister" She says shaking his hand

"Ok Ok intros done lets go" Hanna walking out and dragging Travis with her before Elena says something else

"Spencer do you need a ride home?"

"Uh sure"

"Mom car" Elena says holding out her hand for the car keys"

-------- Dropping Spencer off

Outside the Hastings house

"Hey since Alison got back did you think something is going on with Hanna."

"She has acted a little different."

"How different?"

"Beside the hair and clothes shes been more closed off."

"Did something happen?"

"Beside Alison coming back not really. Is that why you came back. For Hanna?"

"Well part of the reason."

"Well I better get inside"

"Spency Just know that if you ever need to talk to someone about your parents divorce or anything else I'm only a call away."

"Thanks you know it great to have you back." She says getting out of the car. "Bye"

"Bye Spency"

"What did I say about the nickname"

"Well you and Hanna are younger so to bad."

Spencer closes the door and walks towards her house. Elena was about to drive away when she gets a call from Hanna.

"Hey"

"Hi it's Travis"

"What are you doing with Hanna's phone?" She says becoming even more concern. "Where is she?"

"She's right here but she's drunk and she won't let me take her home. Can you come pick her up?"

"Yeah send me the address ok I'l be there"

------- Pulls up the party

Elena gets out of the car

"This girl is going to have the biggest hangover of the year." Elena says walk up to all the kids drinking dancing and laughing. "Hey have you seen Hanna Marin" She asks a random girl

"Last time I saw her she was over there with some guy." the girls point to the other side of the party

"Okay thanks" She heads towards there trying to get her the crowd of drunk teens when she bumps into someone

"Elena?" the guy says her name made her look up

"Lucas?! Oh my god you got so big!" she says making him chuckle at her response. "How are you?" Elena says exited to see him. He was always sweet to Hanna.

"I'm good, what are you doing here?"

"I came to pick up Hanna heard she was drunk. Have you seen her?"

"Yeah she's over there" He points over to the table with all drink where Travis is trying to stop Hanna drinking anymore.

"I better go get her. It was so great to see you."

"You too" He says watching her trying to get to Hanna before she grabs another drink

--------

It was nine o'clock and Hanna is in bed after being dragged in the house by Elena. Which left the eldest daughter to talk with her mother. Ashley and Elena sat at the dining table just finished eating dinner.

"Does he know your here?" Her mother asked her knows that Elena knows about Jason is back in town aswell and that he's working with his father.

"Who are you talking about?" Elena told in hopes of her dropping the topic

"You know exactly who I'm talking about" she said with a serious tone

"Fine" Elena gives in "He doesn't know"

"He'll find out eventually" She told her daughter softly

"I know but I rather he find out on his own." she replies picking up her glass of wine and sips on it

"Your going to have to talk to him eventually"

"Well I rather wait" Elena finishes the rest of her wine the one thing that will get her through this conversation.

"Stop by the office tomorrow and talk to him"Ashley instructs her to do so "He needs to know what happened."

"Mom! You know I can't do that. I can't just walk up to him and tell him about what happened which was over a year ago." Elena gets up from her seat grabbing the wine bottle pouring herself some more. "It's kinda too late"

"Better late than never" Ashley said getting up from her seat grabbing hers and Elena's plate "Watch the alcohol"

"Relax. I'm not relapsing and alcohol wasn't a problem."

"Well just know I'm watching" Ashley puts there plates in the sink and starts to clean up.

"Did you get me to come back to keep and I on me." Elena replies with a slight attitude in it

"No, you already seen that Hanna isn't herself anymore and I don't know what to do. I feel helpless." Ashley finally opens up about how she feels about the situation. Hearing this made Elena feel bad instantly. Knowing how strong her mother really is but even the strongest of them all have their weak moments but for the sake of her daughters she always keeps her strong face up. Out of now where Elena places her wine glass on the counter top and hugs her.

"Don't worry you will figure it out. You always do." Elena says hugging her. They both let go "I could clean up"

"No you get some rest I got"

"Okay" Elena says as she starts to walk away

"I wanted to complain in person about you not returning my phones."

Elena chuckles "Again"

"Yeah got tired of it being over the phone" making Elena laugh also making her get upstairs fast before she starts to really complain again.

"Goodnight mother" Elena says walking upstairs

"Goodnight"

------

Elena finally settled down in her room changed her clothes and turned on the tv. Only to see this.

Man: The Rosewood police chief will be making a statement any moment now, announcing the identity of the body found in the DiLaurentis backyard 2-years-ago.

"Oh my god" Elena couldn't believe what she was seeing they actually found out who it was.

Women: This mystery has continued to haunt Rosewood as the murder has never been solved. And this announcement is right on the heels of more recent murder of Alison's mother Jessica DiLaurentis.

"Why didn't anyone tell me that part?" Elena continues to talk to herself

Man: Not only that, the police department is under a lot of pressure right now as these are no the only murders.

Woman: Here he comes, we're going live. We take you the Rosewood police chief

Police Chief: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I've called the press conference because we received confirmation tonight the name of the victim that was buried alive on the DiLaurentis property was Bethany Young.

And there it is the moment Elena was waiting for

She was a 17-year-old patient at the Radly institution and was believed to have run away from the hospital on the night that Alison DiLaurentis was allegedly kidnapped. The victim parents have been notified and the family is requesting at this time that you respect there privacy and allow them to grieve over the lost of there loved one. There will be no comments and no questions. Thank you.

As soon as he finishes Elena grabs her phone off the night stand calling the one person she didn't think she would call.

Elena - Person

"Did you see it?"

"Yeah"

"What do we do?"

"Stay low and no one will suspect anything."

"The girls are going to look around."

"Don't worry I got it"

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to make sure they don't find out the truth."

"Just don't do anything crazy"

"I won't relax. But you remember what we talked about?"

"Yeah I'm doing it tomorrow."

"Good call me when it's done."

"Okay bye"

Little did she know Hanna heard everything outside her door.

----------

So I'm back. Sorry for abanding this story. I'm currently re-editing this story and I'm still figuring out how to fit Elena into the episodes. I have re-watch season 5. Comment and tell me what you think about the storyline change.

BYE...

All rights storyline and characters goes to the Pretty Little Liars creators. Except Elena Marin and any other characters that I create.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 598 59
In which Micheal Gray and Cassidy Gold find their secret love affairs too much to handle. Peaky Blinders story. Follows the Peaky Blinders story line...
31.2K 1.6K 20
"It's senior year baby!" They did it. The Gilmore Girls have made it to their senior year at Chilton. After two years of chaos they can finally see t...
16.8K 309 11
When Conrad Fisher brings his girlfriend to cousins. "I can still recall Our last summer I still see it all Walks along the Seine Laughing in the rai...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...