Deepest Thoughts [Narry]

By NarryPerfection

"Stop reading my mind!" In which Harry is a mind-reader and Niall just thinks a lot. Copyright © All Rights... More

DEEPEST THOUGHTS
Prologue: Mind-Reader
Chapter One: Realization
Chapter Two: People
Chapter Three: Green
Chapter Four: Damsel
Chapter Five: Prince Charming
Chapter Six: Saturday
Chapter Eight: Compare
Chapter Nine: Blue Proposal
Chapter Ten: Blessed Curse
Chapter Eleven: Artwork
Chapter Twelve: Talk
Chapter Thirteen: Emotions
Chapter Fourteen: Somebody
Chapter Fifteen: Sundae Sunbae
Chapter Sixteen: Movie
Chapter Seventeen: Last Names
Chapter Eighteen: What About Love
Chapter Nineteen: Bullet
Chapter Twenty: Partners
Chapter Twenty-One: Haribo & Cupid
Chapter Twenty-Two: Ideas
Chapter Twenty-Three: A Dream & A Number
Chapter Twenty-Four: More to a Person
Chapter Twenty-Five: Lines
Chapter Twenty-Six: Partner over Partner
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Realization, again
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sketchy
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Project
Chapter Thirty: Invitation
Chapter Thirty-One: A Game's Ending
Chapter Thirty-Two: Residue
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bothering Stares

Chapter Seven: Sunset Sugar

4.4K 334 294
By NarryPerfection

Niall Horan

"See? Isn't this peaceful?" I asked. My eyes stared at the sky which was a mix of a orange and yellow. The sky looked down on an open plain field filled with wild flowers and grass. Harry was seated right next to me. It was quiet for a bit. 

"Niall," Harry suddenly began.

"I feel really connected to nature, you know?" I said, not letting him start his sentence. I had an idea of what he was going to say anyway. He began shifting his body.

"Niall," Harry said again. 

"I love nature because it's artwork you can see for free and it's everywhere," I continued. Harry stopped shifting. 

"Niall," Harry once again said. He turned towards me. "We are sitting on your bed looking at a sunset picture you pulled up from Google images."

"Well now we are because you killed the vibe," I grumbled, taking my laptop off our laps and closing it. Harry got up from my bed, putting his shoes back on. I copied his actions as I noticed that Harry had a small smile on his face. 

"Well what do you want to do?" I questioned him. I didn't think my plan was that bad as a good way to end a Saturday. I honestly couldn't think of anything better besides a movie or something but Harry insisted we do something else. And I gave him that something else. 

He walked around my bed towards me as I finished tying my shoes. 

"We did what you wanted now we do what I want," Harry smiled proudly, using my own words against me. 

"It's probably not as good as what we were just doing but sure, why not," I gave him a teasing grin. I finished putting on my shoes and stood up from my bed. Harry waited a moment, looking as if he was debating something before his hand graciously grabbed mines. 

I looked down at our hands and gave him a friendly questioning look, tilting my head. 

"Don't worry, I won't outshine your brilliant ideas," Harry teased. He didn't think much of our hands as he lead me downstairs. I decided not to question it because I do tend to grab him by the wrist and occasionally hands. Maybe it was our thing. 

When we were out the door, Harry let go of my hand as he looked for his keys. I made my way to his car and got in the passenger seat. It was getting a bit hot inside the car as I waited for Harry to find his keys. 

Get your ass in the driver's seat before my ass melts in here

Harry gave me a look from outside the car that made me laugh. 

"I should let you melt in there!" He shouted with a cheeky smile. He made his way to the side of the car so I could see him from the window. I pressed my hands against the glass, pouting at him. Harry finally got out his keys and the first thing he did was lock me in. 

"Harry!" I shrieked, trying to pry open the door. It was beginning to get really hot.

Harry was laughing at my struggles, throwing his head back and stumbling around. I continued pressing buttons and eventually started honking him. 

SADIST

Stop enjoying my pain

"That wasn't funny," I told him when he finally got in the driver's seat. 

Harry began putting his belt on. "You're not the only one that's funny in this relationship."

"Relationship?! Oh my, what would all those girls in your messages say about that?" I joked, hitting his shoulder. Harry blew a raspberry and started the engine. "There aren't any girls in my messages."

That is a straight up damn lie

Nobody is loyal these days

"With a face like that you at least must have girls staring at you," I crossed my arms as I turned my body towards him. He kept his focus on the road but a frowned appeared on his face after I finished talking. 

"A face like what?"

"Your stupid, dumb, handsome face. That face," My finger poked his nose. He scrunched up his face and shook my finger away with one hand. I laughed and sat back in my seat. 

"You think I'm handsome?" Harry said quietly. He sounded serious. 

"You don't?" I questioned, giving him a quick glance. He was blushing again. 

Harry didn't respond but that was okay. I decided to switch between the radios in the car as I wondered why Harry didn't think he was handsome. He was one of the best looking guys in school and with all the attention you'd ought to think he'd know that. 

I'm probably feeding your ego right now and you're enjoying every second of it, aren't you?

I grinned and looked up at him. My smile slowly vanished as I noticed that he probably wasn't listening to my thoughts at the moment. He seemed to be digging in his own thoughts. His face was still in a frown as he kept his eyes on the road. 

Harry?

I tried again to make sure he wasn't listening. 

He didn't respond.

What are you thinking so hard about?

>>>

"This place is cute," I stated, walking into the small, fresh aired ice cream shop. Harry followed behind me, holding the door open for other people to come through to leave. I looked at the menu as saw various amounts of choices I could choose from. 

The place overall was adorable. It was really bright. The back part of the ice cream shop was a pale yellow and the customers' space was plain white with cute posters of ice cream cones with faces. 

The tables were a simple white with bright red chairs. There was also red couches by the window and multicolored bean bag chairs. The place was suddenly quiet without people, just us.

"Yeah, it's nice I guess," Harry said, walking up next to me with his hands in his pockets. I gave him a small punch on his chest. It was hard. 

"Stop being so fragile about your manliness."

"Okay. The place is cute and adorable, really trendy. I love all the colors, decorations, and everything. Overall I love this place so much," Harry bumped my hip. 

"Wait, really?"

"No."

I playfully scoffed and moved away from him to quickly scan the menu again. A moment later I felt Harry's presence behind me. To make sure he really was behind me I tilted my head backwards. I got a full view of his really sharp jawline because he was tilting his own head upwards to get a better view of the menu on the wall.

Wow.

Harry heard my sudden thought and looked downwards. He slowly knit his eyebrows together in confusion, wondering why I was in such an awkward position but nonetheless he was smiling. "Well hi there."

"Since when are you that tall?" I asked.

". . . .since always?"

"Are you two ready to order?" The middle-aged lady asked us nicely. We both looked at her and nodded. I told Harry to go first since I was taking forever to decide. After knowing what I wanted, I gave the lady my order. 

I'm paying

Harry snorted. "Right."

"I'm serious," I said. I was already reaching for my wallet that I did not forget to bring. I wanted to return Harry's generous offer from earlier today. I also wanted to do it because Harry was my friend and what was wrong with appreciating your friend from time to time. 

Harry let me pay.

Stop that.

Harry I said stop—put your wallet back in your damn pocket you over-sized log

"I'm literally like a pint and you're like. . . half a pint," Harry mumbled.

Fuck off.

I noticed the lady was finishing with preparing our ice creams. Harry was still in the process of taking out and opening his wallet. I took the chance to take out some money from my wallet fast and then shove it back down in my pocket.

"Stop talking forest tree," I slapped his wallet down to the floor and made my way towards the counter. 

"No wait!" Harry yelled, forgetting about his wallet and chasing me. I got to the counter but turned around when I heard Harry coming for me. He tried to reach for the money but I swiftly moved my hand around. Harry put his hand on my waist, trying to keep me in place as he tried to snatch my money.

"Harry stop!" I couldn't help laughing as Harry pressed his body against me, desperately trying to get hold of the money. The lady walked up to us with an amused look. I slapped the money down, Harry giving up, and slid it towards her. I held onto Harry's waist for support as I reached over for my huge-looking ice cream cone.

The nice lady gave it to me as she also reached up to hand Harry his own. 

"You two make a lovely couple," She kindly smiled at us. 

Are you serious?

Why does this keep happening to us?

Life hates me

I must've jinxed us or something

"We aren't—"

"No he's not my—"

"I honestly don't know him," I scratched the back of my neck. Harry mimicked me from earlier by punching me softly on my shoulder. I laughed as I licked my ice cream. 

"Oh! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to assume it was just a careless thought. I'm really sorry," She apologized, seeming flustered. 

"It's okay," I nodded. "Oh and. . . keep the change."

The lady nodded and quickly walked towards the back of the ice cream shop as Harry and I sat in bean bag chairs by the window to look at the sunset. 

"See I even told her to keep the change. I'm like your sugar daddy."

"Niall no," Harry jokingly cringed and chuckled. "The change was going to be like 15 cents."

"Sometimes I wish I could read your mind. I wonder what goes on in that head of yours," I thought out loud.

"I'm glad you can't. It's just hopeless thoughts and feelings."

"What?" I asked. He sounded so serious again. 

"Nothing," Harry smiled, shaking his head. 

I wasn't good at distinguishing feelings but I couldn't help but detect some sort of sadness behind his smile. It wasn't like a huge kind of sadness but it was still there. 

In that moment I realized Harry is more of a closed book than I thought. 

~

What kind of songs would fit this story? I would love to know because I tend to like a boost of motivation when writing the chapters for this story :)

I was going over notes for this story and I've been tweaking it a bit and adding more hahaha I can't wait to get further into it (;

I'm planning to open up some sort of book where you guys can ask me questions about my stories or myself and I can answer them there so keep an eye out for that.

-Skyxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 9.6K 34
The one in which Harry and Niall are fake dating each other.
196K 9.2K 62
When Niall met Harry it wasn't exactly love at first sight. No, it would never have been that easy. Could it have? Niall never messes up. Ever. His...
87.9K 6.3K 38
❝yeah, we decided to continue. we still don't have a name for this tour - but there was a good name on twitter, something about stylan. ❞ in which ni...
130K 7.2K 70
"Is it possible to be in love with two people?" "Hell no." After being left by his boyfriend, Niall finds himself lost and heartbroken until he meets...