Sweet Darling(Once upon a tim...

By emilymckayla

This Peter Pan and Wendy Darling fan fiction takes place before Once Upon A Time ever got to Neverland. Wendy... More

Chapter one
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15: The end.
Sequel

chapter 12

1.2K 21 2
By emilymckayla

"We gotta go!" Tink yelled from a small distance, holding a fading away Andi as Baelfire covered them.

I tried to move, to make any sound possible. But for a moment I was completely paralyzed as a numbness set over me.

"Pan!" Tink yelled again as the sound ringed from ear to ear. I hadn't even realized I was squinting my eyes, barley holding on for any last bit of sight. Wendy shook my shoulders as I smelled her lavishing scent and watched as the sunset colors blend behind her in the sky.

"Pan she's dying, we've got to go right now!" Baelfire shouted as he fought off one of the last pirates that hadn't been killed, or ran back to their ship.

"He's hurt!" Wendy yelled back with signs of sobs under her words. I turned my gaze over to Andi, who looked worse then I do. She's fading away like a ghost, glitching every once and a while to where you would barley see her for a second, then she was back.

I have to be strong for them, they need me. I cant let them down...not now.

I slowly began to stand up as Wendy wrapped her arm around me, helping me keep my balance.

"Go," I said weakly, "Run. I'll be right behind you. You too Wendy...get out of here."

All of a sudden a loud horn rung in the distance and on command every last live pirate ran back to their ship to sail off. At least we won, I thought. But the feeling of the knife being pushed inside Tiger Lily's back haunted me and lingered over my back every waking moment.

"Pan, you never will learn will you? I'm not going to leave you. Not again...not ever." Wendy said as she helped me hobble over to where Tink was holding Andi. Her eyes where opening and closing, her wincing every time she closed them. Finally all the pirates were gone and we were left with the ruin.

"Lets go, I don't want this girl bloody dying on us." Tink said as she attempted to pick Andi up, then Baelfire helped her.

"You b-barley know me." Andi mumbled as her eyes where squinting closed.

"We know that you saved us, and that's enough to wanna save you." Baelfire replied holding Andi in his arms. My lost boys scurried behind us, some hurt, some possibly gone... I couldn't quite tell at the moment.

Andi screamed. It was a bloody-murder scream, and it made you want to cry. We all sped up as we tried to get to Tink's hut before it was to late. Before we couldn't save her, the one who sacrificed herself for all of us.

Andi's eyes where slammed closed as she fidgeted in Baelfire's arms, letting out smaller-- yet painful screams. She surprised us all with the next words she said.

"PAN! The-the curse...your curse."

We all stopped in our tracks, Wendy still keeping me from falling.

"What?" I questioned, completely bewildered by her words. My curse?

Andi's eyes shot open as they looked blacker then then the night, and she suddenly froze yet turned her gaze over to me.

"Your cursed. No happiness. Must forget. Can never leave here. You need the heart." Andi said to me but at that particular moment I wasn't so sure it was completely Andi. Her voice was a bit deeper, vague, and serious. Then, without warning, she collapsed. Leaving a blanket of quiet to wrap around us and the forest as all faces where on me with confusion in their eyes.

Baelfire checked her pulse. "Still breathing." He said with relief as we started to walk again, seeing Tink's hut in the near distance.

"What...what did she mean by that? That you can never leave...that your supposedly cursed?" Wendy asked as we grew closer to Tink's hut.

"I don't know." I said, coughing up a bit of blood in my hand as Wendy held me with worried eyes.

"You need to rest. Here, lets get you some water." Wendy said as she took me into Tink's hut and sat me down on her bed. Baelfire rested Andi on the other side of me, then left.

I heard the faint noise of my lost boys walking around outside and new that some of them died because of the pirates. They put their trust in me, their loyalty and faith, and I let them down. They tried to save me but in turn lost their own lives. I only heard the voices of about 4 lost boys, when before I had a whole group. I winced as I felt the bruising pain in my jaw throbbing and thought of Wendy's arrow wound. She was so strong, acting like she never got shot by Tiger Lily's arrow. She just helped me along and didn't even bother about herself, or even about her other brother, Michael. He was nowhere to be found, but Wendy stayed smiling. I don't deserve her.

"Pan." I heard Andi say weakly as she awoke from her sleep, her face drenched with sweat and her legs bruised up. I moved her head onto a pillow as she looked confused and in pain still.

"Hey there." I said, feeling her head. It was on fire, and the bags under her eyes where black and hung low on her pale face.

"I'm sorry." She replied, looking around the room with tears in her eyes.

"Don't be sorry, why would you be?" I asked leaning back against the wood hut wall, my legs rested on the bed next to Andi.

"I totally freaked out... I didn't even know what was happening. I just got flashes of you...and somehow knew about your curse."

"Can you tell me more about that? What did you see?" I questioned.

"I saw you and some boy...with brown hair. He was related to you--that much I somehow knew. And in my vision you were talking about your curse; that you can never leave Neverland...and that you need the heart to survive or else you'll end up dying and taking the island with you."

Andi's words shook a part of my skull and left my body trembling with fear and confusion.

"I'm gonna die if I don't get...the heart?" I said breathlessly as my eyes grew wide at the sound of my words and how utterly crazy it sounded. Though above all things, I believe Andi. She wouldn't lie to me about something this serious.

Then, with the most cold and dead expression I had ever seen Andi make, she looked me dead in the eyes, (grim eyes, I might add,) and said emotionlessly, "You need the heart of the truest believer, or you'll die. Your already dying. Its just a matter of time."

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .   .   .  .  .  .

I completely froze as Andi pushed a tiny smile to form in the edges of her lips. At this moment all I wanted to do was hide in a corner and scream into a pillow like a little kid. But here I am, frozen still as the only sounds in the hut that I could hear was my rapid heartbeat. I am destined to die, unless I don't find the ' heart of the truest believer,' whatever that is.

"Don't worry, Peter Pan. You will--" Andi began but then started coughing and yet again seeming to fade away like a ghost or a video game glitch. I comforted her head with my left hand as the other tried to comfort her waist. It was becoming harder and harder for Andi to breath by the minute, that much was obvious by her heaving.

"You'll have help. And you will change to. You might not like the change, but it is normal after what you have to do...to become a little evil. But its ok, Pan it--" Andi said struggling over her words as she coughed and continued to glitch. I have never seen someone dying this way, like their body isn't real and it keeps glitching and fading away into an unknown place.

"What will I have to do?" I asked as her coughing died down a bit, her breathing still heavy and sweat still overwhelming her.

"Wendy. You have to--" A cough, "Send her and the others back home. They must forget this ever happened...forget you in a way. Its for the best, for them to be happy. But believe me, you'll see them again under much different circumstances." Andi said as confusion grew inside of me and begged for an explanation.

"Well, if I knew you were a super-cool future-seer then I would have not been so afraid of you when we first met." I simply said, hiding coats of pain inside of me and trying to cheer Andi up. She laughed for a second, then had yet another cough attack.

As she tightly grabbed my hand, she said, "If you ever see my sister--Snow White again, please tell her I love her. Tell her I'm sorry we never got to meet, that she doesn't even know about me...but I wish she could." I started to say "Your not going to die," when Andi cut me off quickly with, "And if you ever come across Olivia--my girlfriend before my father tore us apart-- tell her she was the only thing that brought light into my life. The only person who mattered to me...my everything. My home."

I felt my eyes blur with the stinging sensation of burning hot tears as Andi looked at me for the last time, with a beautiful smile on her pale--almost lifeless face. And with her last words..."Because it might be too late for me. But not for you." ...She was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.1K 64
[Book 1 in the Pan's Game trilogy] * Alice has been having nightmares about a certain brown-haired demon for the past few months. She thinks it's...
3.5K 81 11
This is the fanfic I'm writing for @gallifreydeductions fanfic contest ---------------------- Wendy Darling, a young 15 year old, leads a satisfying...
26.7K 886 21
Hello. My name is Wendy, Wendy Darling. I am here to tell you of what happened on the island of Neverland. What really happened. I've seen the movies...
40.5K 1.1K 63
"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little girl, who lives in a nice house, with two n...