Friends With Benefits

Av TheShonelleAct

Violet Shay, and Elliot Ritchers are best friends. Well best friends with Benefits. Mer

The Breakdown
Friends With Benefits Right?
Time For Fun
Behind These Gray Eyes
The Times We Have
Sex Can Be A Real Downer
What's Love Got To Do With It?
Tell Me That You Love Me
Help With My Strings
Leave Me Breathless
Can You Believe It?
Let's Get This Started
The Untold Secret
Bitter Memories
Who Desires Most?
Dance Without Regrets
Did I Do That?
You Can't Just Fix The Past
You Didn't Have To Do That
Can You Hear Me?
Maybe A Cold Shower Will Help?
I Was Not Expecting That
Epilouge-My Choice Is Made
Got Questions?

The Secrets Revealed

93.8K 1.6K 252
Av TheShonelleAct

Copyright 2020 by TheShonelleAct

(Title and Cover may be subject to change) All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means, or stored in a database retrival system, without the prior written permisson of the author.

Okay, now it was my turn to really freak out. I had to plan a sleepover in little over a few hours and I had to make sure everything went perfectly. I didn't want anyone to feel left out and I definitely didn't want anything bad to happen.

My parents, as Elliot predicted, gave the okay for a sleepover and I, being the best big sister ever, even decided to include Sherry. Only some of the time though, I didn't want to taint her mind quite yet.

Speaking of Sherry, she's not doing so hot..

"I hate that boy! He's a filthy liar and I can't stand him!" She shrieked running around the house like she was on fire. I sighed and mixed the spoon with my cereal. "I'm sorry about this Sherry but Liam is still a pretty decent guy. All he really lied about was his name, everything else was the truth. He really, really likes you."

She stopped pacing and eyed me. "How would you know?"

I gulped. "Did he tell you everything about himself? Like who exactly his siblings are?"

She shook her head slowly. "No...we never reached that point."

I swallowed my cereal hard feeling the flakes scratching my throat. "I'm just going to be blunt with this." I started, "Liam is Elliot little brother. I guess the reason you've never seen him is because you don't go over there often. If at all. I think besides some of the big gatherings mom and dad would throw here.  It's honestly pretty bizarre that it took this long for you guys to meet but I guess that's how life tends to work. Randomly."

I looked at her to see if she was fuming but she wasn't. She wasn't calm-scary either, she was just plain calm. "Oh." Was all she said. It's one of the things I love about myself. She's probably the one that has the most emotional control than anyone in the house. Anyone I've ever met for that matter.

"But what this night is going to be used for is girl time. You have to promise to be in bed by at least nine though."

"But the party starts at 8!" She retorted.

I shrugged. "I'm sorry who's the teenager closest to eighteen?"

She mumbled something under her breath and looked away from me. I smiled and patted her head. "Look kid, them's the breaks as my theater teacher would say. You should shower, everyone is on their way."

She started walking and then pivoted towards me. "Violet? If Liam is Elliot's brother than would he know about you and Elliot in the past?"

I thought about it and nodded. I guess he would. "So is he's close to Elliot?"

"Sort of... where are you going with this?"

She looked at me for a long time, seemingly taking everything in. She said nothing with a shrug and dashed up the stairs. I looked at her bouncing blond curls fade away, shaking my head.

I set out all the snacks and movie options I could possibly find and waiting patiently for the doorbell. Instead I got a phone call from Elliot.

"What do you want Elliot?" I answered annoyed.

"Whoa, someone is saucy. I just wanted to see how you were."

Guilt filled me and I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm just stressed I guess. I really want to make sure Madison is comfortable."

There was some shuffling noises in the background. "It's okay, I know how you can over stress yourself with detail."

"Do I do that all the time?"

"Constantly." More shuffling noises. "Since when? And are you walking around because I can hear all that in the background."

"There was the time we went on the date to the movies and you were starving but didn't know what to get so we walked around trying to find stuff to end and the end result was a few hot dogs. And I'm pacing because I do that."

I smiled. "You pace?"

"Only when I'm on the phone with you. My body needs to be active. I like to listen to what my body tells me."

If this were any other situation I would seductively say back "And what is your body telling you now?" But instead I let out a small laugh spreading the movies out. "Do you think Madison will like romantic comedies?"

"I'm sure of it. She always takes me to a bunch."

I whistled. "Seems like the high and mighty Elliot Ritchers is whipped."

He gasped, "I am NOT whipped! What's up with you lately, hurting my feelings like this." He did a fake sob. "You never understand me anymore!"

I laughed holding my sides. Wow, how long has it been since that happened? Laughing so hard that it hurt? Too long.

The door bell rung causing my laughter to cease. "Hey I gotta go I think they're here."

"Okay, just remember that she's pretty shy so don't expect too much out of her."

"I wouldn't ever."

"Violet..."

"What?"

"You know what. Be nice." I glared at the phone. "And stop glaring, you'll get wrinkles." And without another response he hung up the phone.

I cursed under my breath and walked towards the door opening it carefully. "Hey girlie!" Scarlett shouted and hugged me tightly I hugged her back and laughed. Lena walked behind her, followed by Madison who looked completely uncomfortable.

I lead the group to the living room. "Sweet snacks!" Scarlett shrieked happily and made a dive for the pretzels. Lena sat cross-legged on the floor grabbing a handful herself.

Madison sat on the couch, isolated from the rest of the group.

I clapped my hands together. "Okay girls, this is going to be the best sleepover of your lives" I said grinning at Madison who smiled appreciably back at me. "We have movies, snacks, a phone to call boys on, and....." I picked up a handful of flashcards.

"Truth or Dare questions."

"Truth or dare? I-I don't know.." Madison stuttered nervously. "Don't worry, you can just pick truth and if you don't want to do that we'll make you do something else." Lena mentioned.

"Exactly. I don't know about you but I say we jump right into Truth or Dare, start off this thing with a bang." Scarlett whined. Lena grabbed the pillow from the couch and throw it at her, Scarlett caught it and threw it right back hitting Lena in the head. "Ow." Lena said rubbing her head. "Why do you want to play so bad? Want to get everyone out of their secrets?"

Scarlett looked back at Madison her michevious eyes twinkling. "Of course. Madison you sure you don't want to play with us? You did say you wanted to learn more."

Madison chewed at her rosy lips and avoided our gazes. I honestly felt bad for her. Scarlett meant well but she often did come on to strong. Madison seemed like the quiet girl who doesn't say much and keeps to herself. I'm not surprised Elliot likes her, she may be quiet but she really is strikingly beautiful. He always liked the sincere sweet girls.

"Stop Scarlett," I snapped, "She doesn't have to--"

"I'll do it."

I whirled around to face her. "You'll.. play?"

She nodded and smiled. "Of course. Lena? Truth or Dare?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Lena findled with her fingers. "Uh... Truth."

Madison tapped her chin and crossed her extremely long legs. She was wearing a nice looking outfit too. An electric blue skirt with a white halter top. "Okay... is it true that you made out with Mason Lightwood at the Violet's party?"

Lena made a snorting noise that sounded more like a dying cat. "Uh... why? Did he say something about it?" Madison shook her head. "No, I'm just curious. People were talking about it."

Lena's eyes widened. "People were talking about it? Who?"

Madison looked flustered and I decided to step in, "The party was pretty big Lena, anybody could have been talking about it. I bet Madison doesn't even know." I defended.

Lena looked deflated and looked down. High color reached her cheeks. "I did."

Scarlett gasped. "Did you like it? Do you like him?"Scarlett looked just as shocked as Madison did. Lena's head shot up and looked me straight in the eye. "I do like him I'm pretty sure. I mean he's really sweet to me and stuff."

"There's nothing wrong with that. You can't help who you like," I said. I felt like an instant deja vu. I swallowed. "Just becareful the choice you make. You never know when your going to regret it." I smiled but deep down I knew it was strained. Replaying Elliot's words only made my tummy feel sour. Did that mean he never wanted to end things with me? Or am I reading too much into things?

"Very true." said Lena

"I agree." Scarlett said.

"I feel like I've heard that before." Madison said softely. I laughed nervously. "'Maybe? Maybe not? Anywho, Lena your next."

"Okay.. Madison! Have you ever been in love and if you have who?"

We all leaned in, curious for the answer. She looked down at her skirt and smoothed it out. "Well... I think I'm in love now. You all probably think it's ridiculous and gross since he's practically a brother to you all."

Uh-oh.

"Elliot means the world to me. I don't want to push him to be my boyfriend because he always seems like something is holding him back. I can tell he's not interested in relationships at the moment. So for now I'm just trying to get used to the people that love him too so maybe he'll see how well I am with them."

Lena and Scarlett coughed. I said absoutely nothing. I mean, what can I possibly say in this situation.

I finally flopped on the floor and felt the room spinning. She's in love with him? With Elliot?

"Is that wrong?"

"No! No of course not." Scarlett choked out. "Yeah you have.. uh nothing to feel bad about I promise." Lena added.

Madison beamed. "Great. Violet I ask the same question for you."

Oh come on! Is fate trying to screw me over or something?

"Uh..." I started.

"She doesn't really feel comfortable with speaking about the oppsite sex. Its a tender subject for her." Lena said. Madison didn't look convinced. "But everyone answered their own uncomfortable questions. We won't get upset or judge you."

You just might.

"Well. I think it'd be best if I just ask someone else a question." I said. "I'll answer the next one you ask I promise." Madison eyed me carefully but nodded.

"Scarlett, do you think you and Wren will get married?" I teased trying to lighten the mood. She looked dreamily at the window. "Yes." She answered softely.

Okay, that made me want to cry

But cry in a good way. It was sweet to know that couples that meet in high school could end up with each other in the future. And better yet my friend was going to be one of the elite groups of people that don't show any sign of stopping their relationship. To have the type of love and friendship Wren and Scarlett have is admirable. I only wish I could have something like that in the future. Hell, most people do.

We all erupted into a chrous of 'Aw''s and Scarlett laughed.

Madison's eyes darted to me and I gulped. Her eyes had a way of finding out what was in your mind. That made me extremely freaked out.

"Okay. Since you won't answer my last question for whatever reason," Was that a tone of bitterness in her voice? "I feel like we should do a new game. My friends in my old school used to love to play this." She reached in her bag and pulled out a sleek bottle of vodka.

"Never have I ever." She grinned and the girls clapped wildly. I put on a slight smile knowing that this game may be even worst than the last.

"Never have I ever.... skinny dipped." Lena slurred. Scarlett was the first to take a sip. We looked at her in shock and she just shrugged. "Wren's family owns a beach house."

In the corner of my eye I saw Madison take a sip. We all gasped and she giggled helplessly. "Well me and this college boy I met one night decided to go skinney dipping. He was really really cute."

"Cute is all well and good but was it worth the image?"

Her eyes raised and she got a animated look. "Oh he was definitely worth the image."

We all giggled and refilled out cups. It was Lena's turn. "Never have I ever... stolen something."

I was the only one to drink. Madison poked me. "You seriously stole before?"

I nodded the buzz kicking in. "Yep. Me and Elliot were in the grocery store maybe around... seven years of age? And then we both took the candy and walked out. We totally forgot we had to pay. Elliot cried the whole night because he felt bad. I had to hold his hand."

Scarlett and Lena laughed and Madison's eyes looked amused. "He cried? He doesn't strike me as the type."

I laughed a little. "Oh trust me he's capable. You just need to press the right buttons. Don't tell him I told you that though he'd kill me."

She put her three fingers up. "Girl scout honor."

I was starting to really like Madison. Which only made me feel more guilty. I slept with a boy who she was in love with. I knew that was a secret I would never be able to reveal.

It was Madison's turn. "Never have I ever... had sex."

Seriously? Is someone out to get me?

I shot Scarlett a paniced look and the look she gave me a what-do-we-do? look.

We both took slow sips of the drink.

"You both had sex!" Madison laughed obvilious to the errie silence. "Scandelous. Okay spill."

"Well I had sex with Wren a couple years back. It was perfectly amazing. Was not planned which made it tons times better and extremely romantic."

Madison sighed happily. "I hope Elliot can take my virginity. I feel like he would be perfect." I choked on my drink and spilled it on the floor a litte. "Sorry, I'll go clean that up."

I tried to get up and find my escape but Madison pulled me down. "Oh no you don't. You've escaping questions and I am getting really curious. Why won't you just say who you had sex with? I won't say anything about it to anyone."

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I can't tell you Madison."

"Why not?" She seemed hurt which only made it worst. "I can't tell you."

"Well thats not fair at all" she retorted. "I understand if you don't like me but--"

"What? No the reason I can't tell you is because I like you. You're a cool girl and I don't want to see you get hurt or mad."

Madison gave me the best drunk puppy dog face. "Just say the name and I won't ask details. I promise I'll drop all questions geared towards the oppsite sex. Just say the name." She pleaded.

"Fine" I took a deep breath despratly wanting to go somewhere else. "The name of the first guy I loved and the guy I lost my virginity to is..."

I looked at Madison's eager face and closed my eyes. "Elliot."

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

25.2M 760K 76
"You are mine!" He roars. "I will do whatever it takes to make you know that. Whether it means I lock you up in a prison and throw away the key." Foo...
22.5M 790K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
16.2M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
89.9M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...