Can't Love You More Than This...

By Natalie7457

Sophie Adams is a student at Wichita State University where she is the captain of the volleyball team. Jonath... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 17

292 2 3
By Natalie7457

* Sophie's POV *

I woke up wrapped in Jon's arms in our new comfy bed and I instantly had a smile in my face.

When I looked over at the clock it read 7 o'clock and I knew I had to wake Jon up for morning skate. I leaned over to Jon and kissed him right on the lips making his eyes flutter open.

Well I could get used to that as my wake up call, he said in his sexy morning voice.

We both got up and I went to the kitchen to make breakfast while Jon went to shower.

I walked down to the kitchen and remembered that we hadn't gone grocery shopping yet so we didn't have any food. I went back upstairs and got into one if the guest room showers. I got out of the shower and put on skinny jeans, a volleyball T-shirt, one of Jon's Blackhawk sweatshirts that I had stolen, and white converse. I put my hair up in a messy bun to avoid blow drying it and then put on my make up.

What do you want for breakfast? I asked him once we were both ready to go.

You just wanna grab a bagel from Panera? He asked me.

Sounds great, I replied before we went out to our garage and got in Jon's car. We drove to Panera and grabbed breakfast before going to the ice house for the morning skate.

Practice seemed to fly by and before I knew it Jon and I were back at our house getting ready to go grocery shopping.

We went to the store and spent a good hour and a half buying food and other little things for our house before we checked out and headed home.

When we got home we put all of the groceries away and then changed into our bathing suits for our first swim in our pool. Yeah it was October 20th in Chicago but this pool was heated so it was always warm.

We swam around for an hour and a half and by that time it was 4:30 so I went in and started cooking dinner. We ate dinner at the bar and then went to pack up for the trip we were leaving on tomorrow.

We went to bed at 10:30 and slept the night away.

I woke up at 6:30 and got in the shower, blow dried my hair, put it up in a high ponytail, did my make up, and got dressed in my Blackhawks tracksuit. After I was ready I woke Jon up and went to make breakfast. When Jon got out of the shower I had a breakfast of eggs, pancakes, and bacon waiting for him.

Wow, you sure are a fast cook, he said when he walked into the kitchen.

We sat down and ate together before cleaning up and finishing getting ready.

We laded our bags into my car and I drove us to the UC where Jon had morning skate of course and I did my normal equipment manager duties.

When practice ended I loaded everything into the truck and when we got to the airport we loaded it onto the plane and then boarded for the flight to Minnesota.

We landed in St. Paul at 4:15 and the crew went to the arena and set the locker room up before we all went to the hotel.

We reached the hotel and all went to our rooms to do whatever we wanted to.

I changed into street clothes and walked down the street to find something to eat. I ate at a small diner before going back to the hotel and watching TV.

Jon texted me asking me to come to his and Kaner's room so I walked down to their door and knocked softly.

Kaner opened the door and let me in. I walked over to Jon's bed and sat down next to him.

Hey babe, how was your day? He asked me.

Excellent, how about yours? I asked in return.

Pretty good.

We snuggled together and watched a movie except I ended up falling asleep in the middle of it but woke up again at midnight for no reason and could not go back to sleep.

I crawled out of the bed at 2 in the morning and went to my room, changed clothes, and went to the workout room. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill, biked for 6 miles, did an an workout, and then moved on to weights.

I knew not to push my self to hard since I didn't have a spotter so I did light weight and lots of reps.

I went back up to my room at 4:30 and rinsed off before getting into my bed and trying to sleep again. I didn't fall asleep again so I had slept for one hour all night.

I got up before my alarm went off and took a shower before blow drying my hair, putting it up in a ponytail, doing my make up, and getting dressed in my tracksuit. I was ready at 7:00 and I didn't have to leave for another 45 minutes.

I packed all of my stuff up and then sat on my bed scrolling through Instagram and Twitter while watching TV.

At 7:35 I grabbed all of my stuff and went down to the lobby. Some of the guys were already down there including Jon and I went over to him and leaned up against him.

What's wrong babe? He asked me.

I didn't sleep last night, I replied.

You were asleep when I fell asleep, he said sounding kinda confused.

Well I fell asleep around 11 and I woke up again at midnight and couldn't go back to sleep so at 2 I got up and went to workout thinking it would help me sleep like it did sometimes but I still didn't sleep when I went back to my room at 4 so I got an hour of sleep, I said and then yawned.

Aw I'm sorry babe, you can sleep on the way to Calgary.

The bus came and we all loaded up on it for the short drive to the arena.

Wow Soph, you don't look so good, Bicks said.

Yeah I didn't sleep last night, I replied.

The guys of course had practice while I fixed sticks and handed out water bottles. Practice ended and we waited for the guys to leave before we got the room ready for the game and did everything else we were supposed to.

It took a lot longer today and I don't really know why but when we finished there was only 20 minutes before the guys showed up. I sat in Jon's locker room and scrolled through Instagram and Twitter before the guys showed up and started changing out of their nice suits into their gear.

Warm ups started and ended and Q was talking to the guys again before study hit the ice. When they were exiting the room they patted my head like they always do know and I had to fix my hair quickly on the way out to the bench following the guys.

The first period wasn't so great as we were down 1-0 thanks to a goal by Vanek. The first period was much better since we dominated the ice with 3 goals from Seabs, Hossa, and Jon. The third period didn't start out well since the Wild scored 2 more goals to tie it up at 3 but later in the period Kaner and Smitty came through for the Hawks giving us a win.

After the game the guys changed into their suits and went to the hotel to get all of their stuff before going g to the airport while we packed everything up and made our way to the airport also.

It was 11 when we finally got everything loaded up onto the plane and boarded ourselves.

Sophie! Kaner yelled from the back of the plane.

What? I yelled back.

Come sit with us.

I made my way to the back of the plane and saw an empty seat next to a smiling Jon.

Hey babe, thought you might want a shoulder to sleep on, he said.

That would be lovely, thank you.

As soon as we took off on the three hour trip I was out like a light and slept the entire way there.

I woke up in Jon's arms since he was carrying me to the bus.

Jon I have to go help unload the plane, I said.

Don't worry about it, I talked to Troy about you sleeping and he said him and Jim could handle it since you weren't pitting the locker room together until tomorrow morning, he replied.

Ok, but I can walked the rest of the way to the bus you know.

Its alright, you're light. Now go back to sleep.

A couple minutes into tue bus ride I was asleep again and was woken up by my alarm going off at 7. I was in Jon and Pat's room of course since Jon ended up carrying me in.

I went and showered, blow dried and straightened my hair, did my make up, and got dressed in leggings, my Blackhawks quarter zip, and white converse.

I went out to the parking lot and you d the truck where Troy was waiting for Jim and I. Jim showed up a couple minutes after me and we made our way to the arena where we set the locker room up.

The guys had an afternoon practice so we didn't have to rush and get everything ready before a morning skate.

We got everything set up and had an hour and a half before practice so I did my volleyball workout and then practice started.

Practice ended and we were told that we were going to a team dinner at 6:00 so we went back to the hotel and started getting ready.

I took a shower, blow dried my hair, curled it into loose ringlets, re-did my make up a little heavier adding red lipstick, and put on my plain black dress that reached mid thigh and hugged my curves with cutouts at the top next to the short sleeves and black pumps. I grabbed my phone and $30 and walked down to the lobby.

There was only a couple guys down there and of course Jon was one of them. He was facing the elevator talking to Shawzy, Kaner, and Sharpie but when the doors of the elevator opened Jon saw me and his mouth fell open and his eyes bulged just a little bit. The other guys turned around when Jon's face did that and they all stared a little bit too.

I started walking over to them and I heard Little Black Dress by One Direction starting to play from Shaw's phone.

Really Shaw, I said said annoyed when I reached them.

What? Chaun played this song all the time and you were in a little black dress, he said.

We talked until the rest of the team got there and we loaded onto the waiting bus and drove 15 minutes before we reached a very nice looking restaurant. We were seated in a separate room of the restaurant and immediately drink orders were taken and when the drinks came out the food orders were taken. We talked about all sorts of different things before the food came and we were mostly silent until people started finishing their meals and conversations started up again. When we were all finished we loaded the bus and went back to the hotel.

I got to my room a d got in the shower so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow morning. I put on my PJs and sat on my bed watching a movie on TV. I watched the whole movie and then fell asleep.

I woke up at 7 o'clock and got dressed in my uniform and did my make up and hair before going down to the lobby, getting breakfast, and then waiting for the team.

They finally all showed up and we made our way to the arena. There was a short skate for the guys and then they went back to the hotel while the equipment managers did all of the equipment checks.

We finished an hour early so I did my volleyball workout and then the guys started showing up.

Warm ups started and ended and before I knew it they were all patting my head in the way by.

I fixed my hair and trailed behind them towards the bench. We won 4-3 and we packed and loaded everything up before making our way to the airport. We loaded all of the stuff onto the plane and then boarded ourselves. We reached Chicago at midnight but Jon and I didn't get home until 1 since I had to help move all of the equipment into the UC.

We finally got into bed at 1:20 and we were relieved that we didn't have practice or anything tomorrow so we could sleep in.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!

Here's chapter 17 I hope you like it, feel free to leave a comment!

Also thank you guys so much for 352 reads especially since at the end of the last chapter I had 265 reads, it means a lot to me that you are reading this!

-Nat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.1K 1.5K 100
Jonathan Toews has had his life planned out since he was four. Get drafted, become the captain, and win. Simple, sweet, and to the point. But that's...
63.4K 875 58
Jonathan Toews has always known what he was going to do. He was going to be one of the best hockey players in the world and no one would stop him. By...
15.7K 199 20
Jamie Smith is from the small town of Normal Illinois, as an aspiring journalist she moves to the big city of Chicago landing a job at a news station...
234K 4.2K 65
Delilah has always had a dream of becoming a photographer. So how can she say no to the Blackhawks' job offer? She meets the one and only Patrick Kan...