When the last teardrop falls...

By allydilydaly

What if, perfect na lahat? Perfect meeting, perfect first date, nagkakasundo kayo and he makes you happy? Per... More

When the last teardrop falls...
[1] Umbrella Dreams
[2] Coffee Crumble
[3] Taste the b*tch
[4] This could be the start
[6] Someone comes back...
[7] Back Off. He's Mine.
[8] Miss Sunshine and Mister Banat
[9] Tears
[10] Until I get over you...
[11] Maghihintay

[5] Memories

376 7 3
By allydilydaly

<------ Comment, Vote, Be a fan.

Amber P.O.V.

Waah! Shocks.Mahihimatay na ata ako sa sobrang ka-kiligan dito eh! KYAAAA!

I have a date with Stephen Chua! (^-^)

At ewan ko ba kung bakit nawawala lahat nang pagiging pagka-bitch ko kapag nanjan siya.

Is it the fact that I really like this guy, or I was not born a spineless, heartless creature?

Hindi naman kasi ako talagang  ganito eh. There was just that one incident that made me the bitch that I am today...

*Flashback 3 years ago*

“Amber!” Sabi sa akin ni Ren.

This was my last day at school, and in 3 days’ time, makaka-uwi na ako sa pilipinas.

Dapat may party ngayon na pupuntahan dapat namin ni ren, kaso, I have to pass some things kasi andami pang school requirements na hindi ko pa nabibigay sa mga teachers ko.

Si Ren Humphrey ang bestfriend ko sa St. Anne Highschool.

Nag-aral kasi ako sa states for a year bago  ako umuwi sa Pilipinas.

I could say that he was my first love. He was always there for me, nung homesick ako, nung mga times na wala akong maka-usap, he was there for me.

He was my home away from home.

“Ren! What’s up?”

“Nothing much. You want go out for a while? Grab some lunch?”

“Sure. Where are we going?”

“How about Dean and Deluca?”

“Yeah. I need a breather.”

“Cool.”

Nasa Dean and Deluca na kami when we saw the mean girls who’s terrorizing me from school.

More important than that, kasama nila yung leader nang mga mean girls, si Nikki Cortez.

Nikki was my first friend dito sa New York.

She was a really kind person, pero nung dumating ako sa school nila, everything changed.

Palagi nalang kaming nag-cocompete for things na hindi naman talaga dapat pag-awayan. She changed.

I thought na siya yung magiging bestfriend ko sa bago kong buhay dito sa states.

But I was wrong.

“Ren, let’s go out some other time. I wanna go home.”

“Why? Because of them?”

“Yeah. I don’t want any trouble.”

“Hey ren!”

Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit kilala nung mga yun si ren, but I have a bad feeling na may mangyayaring masama ngayong afternoon na ‘to.

“Yeah. So, you came through. Eh?”

Kausap ngayon ni ren yung mga mean girls na palaging umaapi sa akin sa school.

“Ren, let’s go.”

“No.”

“No? What do you mean?” Nag-aalala na ako

“Don’t you know, my dear sweet amber? Ren set you up.” Sabi nung mga mean girls.

‘What?”

“You didn’t tell her yet?” Tanong ni nikki kay ren.

Nakayuko lang si ren, hindi siya makatingin sa akin.

“Ren, what’s going on? If this is a joke, it’s not funny.”

“Oh my dear, didn’t ren tell you? He was just using you for your connections. And we paid him to do it.”

“Ren, tell me this isn’t true.”

“Ren, look at me.”

Tumingin naman siya sa akin. Hindi ko inalis yung mga mata ko sa mga mata niya.

“REN! Is it true?!”

Umiwas siya sa mga mata ko.

“Yes.” Sagot ni ren

“I can’t believe this.”Naluluha na ako.

“Why would you even do that to me?”

“It’s because your family is the reason why mine is broken now.”

“Why? What did I ever do to your family that you think I deserve this?!”

Umiiyak na ako. Hindi ko na mapigilan. Hindi ko akalaing ganito ang magiging last day ko na kasama si ren.

“Do you remember the Met ball? When there was a drunken guy that tried to crash the party and punched your dad in the face?”

“Yeah. I remember him. Why?”

“That was my brother. He lost his job because he fell in love with the CEO’s daughter. He fell in love with you.”

“….” I’m speechless. Hindi rin ako maka-galaw sa kina-uupuan ko.

“He went to jail for that. My dad got arrested for embezzlement a few weeks before that incident. My mom couldn’t take it anymore so she became an alcoholic. My life was perfect before you came along…”

“I would have done anything to keep your brother from going to jail.”

“What for? You couldn’t do anything about it anyway.”

“Well, that’s one thing that you haven’t thought about.”

“You see, my dear sweet amber, he just used you. So go back to that country of yours and never go back again.” Sabi ni Nikki sa akin.

“What’s your part in all of this, Nikki?”

“Part? What part? This is my handiwork. I planned it all. You were merely a pawn in my silly little game. And now, you’ve taken the bait, all I have to do is stand back, and watch you burn.”

“How could you do this to me? I’ve done nothing to you to deserve this.”

“Oh really? Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, I am!”

“I was perfectly content with my life before you came here. You know, I have a hard time with my parents, convincing them that I’m good enough for the name Cortez. Now, it’s more difficult because of you. They always compare me to you, so I figure that if you’re not here, then my parents would have no reason to push me to be better. To be better at the things that I normally I’m good at.”

“But that’s not my fault.”

“It’s not your fault, sure. But your mere presence, the presence of your family here in New York is enough to make them feel threatened that their place in the top was in danger of them being Number 2.”

Umiiyak pa rin ako habang sinasabi niya sa akin yun. I know that one day, the fact that my family is influential will bite me in the ass. I just never thought that it would be today, among all days.

“Nikki, what happened to us?”

“Us? There has never been an ‘US’. It’s always been about you. You’re girl that has everything. The perfect shoes, the perfect make-up, the perfect life, the perfect everything! You get everything you want, and I hated you for it.

“Me? Perfect? Do you really think that my life is perfect?”

“Think? I know that your life is perfect!”

“You don’t know anything!”

“Oh really?! Lets’ see! Your mom loves you and your relationship with her, you treat her like your best friend, and in turn, you’re her best friend too. You’re the apple of your father’s eyes. You have two brothers that worship the ground you walk on. Shall I continue?!”

I’m speechless. All of the things that she said were true except one. Every single thing that she said hit me like a knife. I was not my father’s favorite. It was kuya nico. He always was the hero in my father’s eyes. Every single thing that kuya nico did was perfect for my dad. Actually, I think that my dad hates me because I know that he always wanted all his kids to be boys. He wanted kids that could pass on the family name.

“You’re wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After that incident, I swore that I would never ever trust a guy.

But there’s something about Stephen that makes me want to open up to him.

Parang may kung ano akong nararamdaman na pwede ko siyang pagkatiwalaan.

Should I trust this feeling or should I just go back to my ways?

Ewan. But I sure as hell am excited for our date. [na hindi ko pala pwedeng tawagin na date. Baka mag-freak-out yun, no? I don’t want to spoil my chances. hehehe]

Hinila ako nila anne at elise sa pag-de-daydream ko.

“Uyyy! May date siya!” kilig na sabi ni mitch.

Oo ngaa pala. Hindi ko pa napapakilala sa inyo si Mitch. Siya si Mitch Castro. Familiar ba yung name niya? Siya yung apo nang dating Vice-President nang bansa. Over-protective ang mga parents ni mitch kaya dito siya pinag-aral. Dati kasi, may kidnapping plot na muntik nang mangyari nung nasa states pa sila nakatira. So, napag-isip-isip nang lolo miya na dito nalang siya pag-aralin para daw may extra security para sa kanya.

“Oo nga. Ahaha. Sige, ikaw nalang ang Masaya ang love life.” Sabay naman ni elise.

“Oh, bakit, anong nangyari sa inyo ni Carlo? Ano? Nambabae ba yung mokong? Tara, patayin natin!”  Patayo kong sinabi.

“Hephep! Easy ka lang no, amber. Wala naming nangyari. Masyado kasing busy eh, puro nalang practice nang practice. Preo sabi naman niya, babawi siya sa akin eh. May surprise daw siya.”

“Oh tingnan mo na. Ikaw ang may masayang lovelife. Ikaw nalang yung may boyfriend na palaging may surprise para sa’yo” sabi ko naman sa kanya habang paupo ulit ako.

“Oh please. Kung wala nang time para sa’yo, i-break mo na. Para Masaya. Ang sarap kayang maging single” sabi ni anne na parang walang ka-interest na magkaroon nang love life.

“Eto talagang si anne, napaka-cynical” sabi ni mitch

Kailangan ko nang sumingit dahil mag-de-debate nanaman ‘tong mga ‘to kapag hindi napigilan.

“Whatevs. Tara, mall tayo. Alam ko naman na kailangan nating mag-shopping.”

“For what?” tanong ni elise

“Edi para sa date ko! I mean, uhm, sa.. ah basta! Wala akong isusuot eh”

“Uyyyy! Tinawag niyang date! Ihhh.” Sabay na sabi ni mitch at elise.

“Whatever.”

Tinwagan ko si Arthur [yung driver ko] para magpa-hatid sa mall. I know how to drive and I already got a car pero nothing beats the luxury of just calling your driver and telling him where to go.

In less than 5 minutes, nanjan na si Arthur.

“Tara na?”

“Tara!”

It’s time to put a little dent on daddy’s credit card…

Continue Reading