Weightless (H.S. BWWM)

By writerbynature

When the love in her life turns sour, independent, headstrong Bailey Duncan shuts that part of her life down... More

First Time
Beg For It
Weightless
Foolish
Break Free
Feds Watching
Simple Design
I Care
Bootylicious
It Was A Good Day
Jungle
Voodoo Doll
BIRTHDAY
I Wanna Know
Blue Dream
BO$$
Girls Your Age
Down For You
Outlaws
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Breakeven
Make It To Me
No Control
Here
Collide
Pillow Talk
Run
So Beautiful
Tattooed Heart
Brave
Enemy
If I Could Fly
Bloom
Forever Ain't Enough
Say You Love Me
Hallucinations
Losin Control
Remember
Religious
I Was Here
It's Yours
I'm Yours
On Top
Suffocate
Extraordinary Love
Forever In My Life
Thinking Out Loud
Epilogue
I Need Your Help!!

Start Over

2.2K 88 38
By writerbynature

The flight home was torture. My parents cried again as I left them in the terminal and made me promise to visit again soon. I didn't bother ruining the mood further by telling them about my sudden career change – no need to kick up dust. To be honest, I'd rather tell them over the phone it's safer that way, I can just hang up if they start to get annoying. Besides, I have enough on my plate and I don't want to cloud my mind. I need to form a game plan for how to address Harry and I's issues. I can't have him contemplating walking away because I squandered my chances at real resolution. I don't want to fight or battle or have some type of blame game pissing contest. All I want to do is insure that we put everything on the table good, bad, and indifferent.

I thought I'd have plenty of time to get my words together on the plane but the entire flight back to LA not one but two babies were crying nonstop and incredibly loud. It made it pretty hard to think so I made sure to blast my music in my ears much to the discomfort of the elderly woman sitting beside me. I was also ridiculously hungry but I couldn't eat a thing for fear of throwing it up. Since this morning my stomach has been doing loops and flips every few seconds. However, in spite of the distractions, I was able to formulate a plan of action.

My steps feel weighted as I leave from grabbing my luggage and head towards the exit. Harry and I coordinated times last night so that he'd be here to pick me up once I landed. The butterflies hearing his voice triggered have been swarming in my stomach since I hung up the phone. Each time I think about seeing him, excitement and anxiety run through me and speed my heart. The pounding in my ears drown out everything around me especially once I see the face that's been haunting my dreams for the past couple weeks.

I struggle to hold back tears I didn't expect as I see the grin across his bubble gum pink lips. He looks so happy to see me I can't help but mirror his grin. The closer I get to him the faster my heart beats, it feels like it'll explode. I'm so overwhelmed with the way that I feel I just want to stop and take a minute to recoup but my body's on autopilot and on a mission to get to him by any means necessary.

He looks even better than he did when I left. It seems as if he's packed on a bit more muscle and leaned out some so his defined arms shine in his band tee with cut off sleeves and his legs look a little thicker in his trademark dark skinny jeans and black boots. His chestnut locks are pushed back in that messy yet styled way he's perfected and it's a little shorter than I remember as if he's gotten it cut in my time away.

His arms open as I get close enough and I drop everything to jump into them. Eyes fall on us at the commotion but I couldn't care less, I've missed him too much. Harry envelopes me in his arms so tightly I lose my breath. A groan escapes my throat as I squeeze him back trying to express my emotion through our physical connection.

"I missed you," I breathe into his ear, "I missed you so so much baby."

I feel his smile against my skin and it send shivers down my spine. He breathes out a heavy breath and pulls away from me slowly, holding me at arm's length as if he wants to examine me.

"Let's get you home," he replies, a slight smile on his lips as he grabs my stuff from the ground.

I'm a little annoyed he didn't say he missed me back but I guess I can't knock him for not being overly emotional – we are in a crowded airport.

We walk side by side out to his Range through a few fans and paparazzi. Thankfully the crowd isn't too big or overwhelming. The only paps that showed are the ones who creepily followed him here and a few fans that were already here waiting for autographs. After waiting on the side for him to take pictures, he grabs my hand and we speed off to the car. He opens my door and then takes my luggage around to the trunk.

Sitting in the passenger seat I can't believe how much I missed him, and this – just being with him. Being here I feel like I have a chance. I'm still wary of the future and the possible problems I may cause for us but for the first time I'm willing to truly try to work it out. Of course I've put to bed the past with Charlie but there's still the underlying issue that people who I love always leave so the fear that Harry will do the same is still there. I don't think it'll ever go away but I'm done trying to hide it or use it as an excuse – it's a part of me.

"Ready to go?" Harry asks, buckling his seatbelt.

His voice startles me from my thoughts but I nod yes anyway. I guess we can't put going home off forever. I think we both know what has to happen once we get there and I think we're both scared.

The ride home is quiet aside from the radio and the sounds of the road. The both of us are deep in thought. So much so, that when we pull into the driveway neither of us gets out of the car. The hesitation is real on my part and Harry's. I think we both know that the conversation we have to have will either be the one that helps us start over or it will be our last. I'm not ready for that and I don't think he is either.

It doesn't take long for the car to get too hot to sit in so we concede and start to head inside.

"Do you need help?" I ask, Harry as he opens my door.

He shakes his head no, "I've got it. You just go open the front door."

I nod and close the car door, the sun gleaming off the shiny paint. My car is sitting in the driveway spot closest to the front door looking deserted. It's funny how when you're away from home you miss such strange things. I drove one of my dream cars for two weeks in Texas and yet I missed pushing my old Kia Soul. Every time I drive it I'm filled with joy because I paid for it on my own, driving it feels like home to me, it's comforting.

There are a million things I missed while I was away really, aside from the obvious. I missed waving to Eddie as I drove through the neighborhood gate because he knew it was me as soon as I turned the corner. I missed pulling into this driveway and running my hand through the fountain before walking up to the front door. I missed using my tacky personalized key with my first name initial on it that Harry bought me a few months ago. I missed the screech the door makes when it's opened too slowly. I missed coming here and feeling like this was my home – because that's what it is. Each of those rituals and the man who facilitated them make this feel like my home just as much as it's Harry's.

I never realized I'd call his bedroom 'ours' until recently but I do. The majority of my things have somehow found their way from my townhouse to here in one way or another; I hardly if ever go there for anything anymore. I've moved in with Harry for all intents and purposes and that's huge. I've been living with the man I love and I didn't even really realize how important of a step that is. It came so second nature to stay here that I didn't take the time to overthink it and freak out about what it could mean. It's almost like subconsciously I was pushing our relationship forward whether I knew it or not.

As Harry walks through the front door with my suitcases I thank him and then roll my bag to the guest room where we usually keep our extra luggage. I figure I can unpack later once we've settled in a bit.

"So," I start, walking down the stairs into the living room where Harry's settled on the couch, "do you want something to eat or drink?"

He shakes his head no and continues to watch TV as if I'm not in the room.

I'm not really sure what to make of his aloof attitude. The awkwardness I'm feeling is burning me up inside. I don't know what he wants. Is he waiting on me to start talking? Or are we going to fall back into old habits and ignore the pink elephant in the room?

He seemed happy to see me at the airport - aside from not saying he missed me - but now under the weight of the things we need to say he's acting different, distant. I guess this is how it used to feel when I would ice him out. I see why he didn't like it.

"I'm sorry," I blurt, the guilt of my past transgressions controlling my mouth. "I'm sorry for everything Harry, I really am. I know I've been...difficult to deal with but I'm ready to make a change-"

He holds his hand up, effectively cutting me off. "Please don't," he sighs, turning the television off. "I don't want to hear about you being ready to change Bailey, I've heard that same thing a million times. I want to see you change."

I swallow down the snarky remark I almost let slip. He's right. He may be being a bit of an ass right now but he's right. If this was him making amends I would ask for the same thing.

Nodding, I leave the living room and head back to the guest room to unpack my suitcase. I just need a minute and I think he does too. I didn't expect him to cut me off or be icy to me but I guess I can't control how he feels. Pulling out the outfits I wore in Texas, I'm glad I washed them before leaving so I don't have to do laundry after unpacking. I'm unsure, however, if I need to put my clothes in the master bedroom or leave them in here. With the way things are going I may still be in the dog house right now.

I feel like I've only been alone for a few minutes when the door swings open, revealing Harry's blank gaze.

"Are you going to hide in here all night?" he asks in a tone that borders on irritated.

I shake my head, not knowing what's up with him. "I just wanted to give you some space. It seems like you've got some stuff you need to work out."

"Yeah, with you," he interjects, "I didn't think you'd walk away and not come back after I called out your bullŝhit apology."

"Bullŝhit?" I ask resentfully. "That's really rude of you to say. I really meant what I said."

He nods slowly, an arrogant look on his face, "Right, so the twenty other times you've said the same thing were what? Practice?"

"What is your problem?" I snap before taking a deep breath, trying to reel it in. I don't want to fight. I don't want to but I won't be walked on.

"My problem is I woke up this morning with my head and heart heavy. My dreams all night were like personal recaps of our last six months together and you know what I realized? We've had good times and bad. I've done messed up stuff and so have you but I never once held you accountable for making me feel alone in this. I've always written it off and worked it out in my head that you'd come around. I mean you've never even said you love me. I got hopeful after hearing from you how eye-opening your trip had been and how enlightened you'd become. So I got out of bed with expectations for when we talked Bailey and none of those expectations included a broken promise that you'd change and a half-aŝsed apology, so excuse me if I'm a little tired of hearing the same old same old."

"You know, maybe if you had let me finish speaking you might've heard what you wanted to hear Harry. This is why I don't even bother going there with you because you hear one thing you don't like and interrupt me like Kanye. I don't have the time for this bullŝhit. If you want to pick a fight, pick it with someone else because I'm not here for it today." I brush past him, leaving the room. It's clear he wants a fight, even though I thought we agreed we were done with that.

I turn the air conditioning on as I listen to him follow me through the house, intent on getting his answers. My eyes dart around the space, looking for an exit. I can feel heat rising just beneath the surface of my skin, creeping like vines around my body until it has me in a chokehold of panic, anger, and irritation. This conversation can only end a couple of ways and only one of them is good. We end up back in the living room, pacing the floor.

"You can't keep doing this," he accuses, "putting forth effort when it's convenient. You either want to change or you don't."

"I do," I blurt, the words fly from my mouth off instinct.

I'm surprised at his outburst but it's understandable. Things like this build up over time, emotions aren't tamable beasts. I was stupid to think that he would swallow down my ten yards of crap and smile. I just didn't think an apology would set him off.

"Then act like it," he gripes, his voice filled with finality. "You said you wanted me to tell you things I wanted to say but never did? Well here goes; I can't keep doing this. You pull me in and give me hope only to push me away again and break me. You've been treating me just like Charles treated you and it's not fair. I fůcked up in the past we both know that but you keep making me pay for it. It's almost like you want me to leave so you can have a reason to stay angry."

Regardless of the changes I've made everything he's saying still rings true deep down. I've taken Charlie's place and become the boogeyman I've always feared but I'm trying to leave that attitude behind. There's no one circumstance that's going to change me overnight. I want to stop him and tell him about my progress about how talking to Charlie affected me but I know he needs this. I asked him to be honest, to tell me these things so I need to hear them. I just have to remind myself that I asked for this.

When I don't say anything he continues putting me in my place. "It's like you're two people. On one hand you're the strongest woman - the strongest person I've ever met. Then on the other you're this victim. You wallow in your pain and push away anyone who tries to help you. You've got to give me something. This isn't working anymore."

I can see it in his eyes, everything he's saying is right there. Those eyes that light up so brightly for me can dim just as low. Silently I wonder how long his eyes have been that way, dull and lifeless. Is that why I notice so often when they're full of emotion, no matter which one?

"What do you want me to do?" I ask softly, my voice breaking.

We've made it to the kitchen with our... argument? Discussion? I'm not sure what to call it really. Things that I've never said are building inside, bubbling on my tongue like lava and I don't know how much longer I can combat my explosive nature.

"I want you to fight for me. Fight with me. Something. Show me that you're as passionate about me as I am about you. I don't want to argue but if this is how you'll communicate then it's what we'll do. I don't want you to give me space and run off. I want you to talk to me. If you think I'm being an asŝhole then tell me that. I don't want you to be afraid to open up to me. That's been one of our main problems all along. You feel like you're taking the high road by not engaging with me like this but it just feels like another rejection to me. Maybe that's stupid but it's the way I feel," he admits, his voice softening by the end. "When I say I love you I mean it. It's unconditional Bailey. No matter what you say, who you've been, or what's happened to you; I'll still love you. We've both had bad breakups. I mean did you miss me and Taylor's whole relationship? I've got trust issues like hell from that. I've been used because of who I am by people I called friend and left in the dust and abandoned, but just because things went bad it doesn't mean you can block yourself off for the rest of your life."

"Yes I can!" I yell, slapping the kitchen countertop. I feel myself slipping back into my old way of thinking, like a wounded animal lashing out at helping hands. I understand he's angry but this is all too much. A switch flips inside of me at his words. He's gotten his unspoken truths off his chest, now it's my turn. Heat engulfs my face as my anger bubbles over.

My voice is filled with venom. The air is dense between us. I've never spoken to him like that before, it feels wrong. Like that nagging sensation you get when your shoe is on the wrong foot.

We stare at each other, eyes locked in a contest to see who will blink first. The sound of our breathing is the only noise in the air, even the air conditioning turned off at the tone of my voice.

Analyzing him I see his eyes are tired. I can imagine it's the same look everyone else had the second they decided to let me go. When we first met, he said he needed something uncomplicated and yet here I am, hell, here we are, complicating things. He's exasperated, I can see it all over his face but I can't lose him. Not now.

We're finally saying the things we've been running from. We're screaming them, but at least they're out. I figure I have nothing to lose. This is our pivotal moment, we're either going to work it out or break up.

He slides into a barstool and puts his head in his hands, shaking his head. I feel like I'm losing him.

Rogue words spew from my mouth like water, "Every person who's ever chosen to love me has left me."

He stops shaking his head but doesn't look up. I don't want him to, he can't or I'll never be able to say this and I think he knows that.

"Take from that what you will but what I take from it is I'm a fûcking mess," I concede, struggling and failing to hold back tears. "You want me to tell you how I feel? How I've felt? There's a reason I've kept certain things to myself Harry, it hasn't been for my health. When I say I love you to people, things always melt away right before my eyes. It's like by even uttering those words I'm spewing acid on the relationship. It ruins it every single time and I don't want that with you. I don't want this to be a mistake. I never know if it's bad luck or circumstances that have led me to this point but the one common denominator in each failed relationship is me. I'm impulsive when I don't need to be, I'm over dramatic, I over think, the majority of the time I'm a cynical bįtch – I'm more than difficult to love and I've accepted that. These aren't insults, it's who I am, who I'm comfortable being. So I'm not going to push you away from the real me anymore, or try to be what you want. Because what you want is someone who won't shatter your world and I'm Mount Vesuvius just waiting to erupt and leave us both in ruins."

It's a truth I wasn't really ready to face until now. I need time to change but in the meantime I'm a ticking time-bomb. There's a very real chance I could relapse like an addict and then we'd be back to square one – it needs to be acknowledged.

My body is racked with tremors that I can't stop and my breathing is shallow. I feel light headed, like I could faint at any moment. The big pink elephant has finally waltzed into the room and took a huge dump in the middle of the floor.

Neither of us speaks. I can't, I just assume that he won't.

Residing in that thought I hold my head high, wipe my tears and with a deep breath walk past him out of the kitchen.

~*~

Harry left the house shortly after I left him in the kitchen. He was gone for maybe an hour so I took the time to finally eat something, have a few drinks, and pack my things. I'm still in shock that it's over, I'm even more in shock that I cried in front of him. As much as he loves to claim I never show vulnerability, that was about as vulnerable as I get. I bared my soul to him, told him everything I've ever held back from him, and yet that wasn't enough. I suppose I should've told him I loved him but I didn't want him to think I was just saying it to appease him. When I tell him I love him for the first time I want it to be perfect, not in the middle of anger. But, I guess I won't be telling him anything now.

I finished carrying my last bits of clothes from the master bedroom closet just as I heard him come home – that was a few hours ago, he's probably asleep by now. As I'm crawling into bed, a soft knock comes to the door of the guest bedroom. I know it's Harry but I don't say anything and he knows I'm awake but he doesn't come in. We sit in silence for a while before he breaks it.

"I should've said something earlier," I hear him say from the other side of the door. It looks like he's sitting on the floor with the way the lighting under the door is disrupted.

I imagine his hair's a mess from tossing and turning in bed. Those flannel pajama bottoms of his I love to steal are probably resting low on his hips and goosebumps are likely all over his exposed skin from how cold it is in the house.

Easing out of bed I go to the door but stop as my hand hovers over the knob. If I open it now it may ruin any chance of us really solving this tonight. Opening the door now is only going to insure that we place another Band-Aid over the issue, using sex to shut the both of us up. That is until the next time it comes up. It's an endless cycle that I want out of. So instead of opening the door, I sit down in front of it and lean the back of my head against it.

"You should've," I reply, trying to keep the hurt from my voice. It's ridiculous how well we know each other and yet we can't ever seem to be on the same page.

"I didn't know what to say," he responds quickly as if he was waiting for the second I responded. "But I do now."

There's silence from both sides of the door for a moment. I can see him in my head, playing with his bottom lip between his fingers, the way he does when he needs to think about what he's going to say so he doesn't stumble over his words.

"I know you're scared but so am I. You," his words are spaced as if he's contemplating the best way to put it, "scare me. You scare me because you can hurt me but mostly because I know I can hurt you, I know I have hurt you and I'm terrified to do it again."

My chest feels hot, burning from the inside out even in the freezing cold room. I don't dare speak. Not only because I can't trust my voice not to claim my tears in it's sound but because I don't have a clue of what to say.

"Loving you isn't easy and it's not because you're hard to love. It's because you make me see the Mount Vesuvius in me too. You force me to see the messes I've made because I don't want you to be a victim. Not from me."

At a loss for words, I let his sink in. I never knew it was that deep for him. I hear his breathing on the other side of the door, it's erratic, like he's waiting on any sign of life from my side.

"When you told me you loved me I didn't believe you. You showed me in every way you could but I ignored it," I pause, standing to my feet and opening the door.

He falls back a bit but catches himself and stands to his feet. His appearance is just like I imagined and it makes me smile.

"I don't have an excuse legitimate enough to excuse the way that I've hurt you. I am so so sorry Harry. I've allowed fear to control me and by proxy, control us. I've been scared of you and sacred of me, scared of coming out of my comfort zone which is filled with pain but to tell the truth I'm exhausted with pain – with feeling it, with holding onto it, with causing it; I want nothing to do with it. You deserve the best version of me and that's what I promise to give you from now on. If you want me to talk, I'll talk your ears off. I'll tell you every thought that pops into my head if that's what you want because I want nothing more than to make you happy and to right the wrongs I've made."

"That's all I can ask for sweetheart. I mean I'm not an angel. I overreact and dismiss your feelings and that's wrong - primo fůck boy behavior," he admits, making us both grin.

I shake my head as we lean against the inside of the door frame on opposite sides, "I can't blame you for being frustrated. Sometimes I can't even figure myself out."

"I can blame myself for not taking care of you in those times. My job as your man is to figure it out for you when you're too fragile or unwilling. We're a team," he smiles, reaching out to caress my cheek quickly.

"We are a team, you're right. And as a team I'm going to be more of a team player. We can work this out baby, I know we can," my tone is confident. I feel more hopeful now than ever before.

His mouth curves into a smile, "I love this side of you. I feel like I'm really getting to know all of you. Is that weird? I mean I know you were afraid to open up to me for fear that I'd use your feelings against you but I would never do that. Not when I've worked so hard to gain access to them."

I can feel my bottom lip trembling, but instead of holding the tears back I allow them to fall.

A gasp flies from his mouth and he breaks the small distance between us.

Tattooed arms reach to pull me into a hug and I breathe him in. He always smells so good and I always feel at home, warm, and comforted when I smell him.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, pulling him tighter to me. My tears are still flowing onto his bare back.

"Me too," he breathes, kissing the side of my head.

We stand there holding each other listening to the silence of the house. The difference between now and earlier are like night and day. I shudder at the thought of ever being like that again, ever feeling that way again or making him feel so out of control. The whole thing escalated so quickly I didn't really have the time to process until now and now that I have I know we have to work to keep things from ever going there again.

"We said a lot of things to each other today. Each of them, though past feelings, still held some weight with us in the present but they've been put on the table; they're out there. That weight that they used to put on us is now off so that we can start fresh," I proclaim, still holding him to me.

"I will change but it's not going to happen overnight," I explain slowly. "Years of this ŝhit won't just dissipate. No one has ever fought for me, it was hard to believe that you were. But I'm willing to work at it to see this through. I'm not saying that sometimes I won't slip up but I promise I'll fight with everything I have. You've given me a second and third chance, probably more than that. I guess fifteenth chance is the charm."

My attempt at lightening the heavy mood works and he cracks a smile, pulling away from me to grab my hand in his. We walk, hands entwined, to our bedroom to lie down together.

My head rests between the birds on his chest, right on top of the butterfly, and my fingers trace his fern leaves. This is exactly where I was born to be. I was put on this earth to trace these tattoos with my fingertips and love the man that possesses them.

The sound of his breathing is steady, creating a smooth rhythm that relaxes me. I decide to get everything off of my chest tonight in the hopes it goes away and stays there.

"I talked to Charlie while I was in Texas," I state, focusing my attention on outlining his tattoos.

"Did you?" he asks his voice even and soothing.

"We had it out for the last time. I called him a coward and told him where he could shove it," I laugh lightly, "It was very therapeutic."

He laughs with me pulling me in closer, "I bet it wasn't for him but I'm glad you were able to get closure."

"Me too," I feel tears welling. I think his betrayal will always sting a bit but the difference between thinking about him now and before is startling – I'm over it just as quickly as it starts.

As silence between us slowly spreads, I feel myself getting more and more sleepy, the scotch I had earlier taking effect. I'm rambling and I know it, but he wanted to hear what I had to say so he's stuck.

"You know it wasn't just him. This has happened my whole life. Growing up I was always there for people even when they were too full of bullṣhit to do the same for me. I still loved them. They all claimed they loved me at some point or another but when it really counted, when it really mattered they were just... gone. I've been so good to people in my past, better than I thought I could be, only for them to leave me anyway. No one ever gave a dḁmn enough to even tell me why, they just left."

His fingers move back and forth across my forearm, gliding with the backs of his nails then softly scratching with the fronts. "So what did you do?"

I laugh half-heartedly, "I got used to being alone, preferred it even. I knew that as long as I was alone no one could disappoint me or hurt me or forget about me so I let it go. All of the setting expectations for people that I knew they wouldn't meet - essentially setting myself up for failure - I let it all go, except for the pain. The pain I used as fuel. You know what they say, success is the best revenge. And even if they aren't paying attention I win."

Harry doesn't respond but his fingers never stop caressing my arm.

"You have to teach me how to love you Harry because the only way I know is wrong, it's twisted and you deserve so much better than that. We both do," I confess, fire burning in the pit of my stomach at the vulnerability of my admission. "I want to be perfect for you."

A yawn escapes his mouth, his rib cage expanding with the intake of air. His voice is barely there and full of sleep, "You are perfect for me just the way you are. The excitement is in the flaws."

I decide to shut up and let him sleep, even if his words leave the widest grin on my face. I'm close to falling asleep myself, the movement of my fingers over his tattoos is hypnotizing.

Just as I begin to close my eyes Harry's left arm moves to cradle me further and something new catches my attention. My heart swells at the sight. There, as bold as day, my name is in script across the heart on Harry's bicep. Seeing it there, knowing he branded himself with my name for all to see does something to me I can't explain.

No one has ever been so proud to call me theirs to do anything remotely close to this. I can't resist kissing the tattoo softly, hoping not to wake him. His breathing is even and unwavering just like his love for me. Even when I pushed him away he still gave and gave because that's what love is. Love is not giving up when things get tough or pulling away when you get scared. I've come to realize even more now how little love I've been showing the man who's my whole world. I vow, right here and now that that's going to change. I'm going to give him so much love he won't be able to handle it.

I feel completely and totally at peace. Listening to the steady beat of Harry's heart we fall asleep in each other's arms. My head to his chest, our secrets lay bare leaving us truly naked in front of each other for the first time.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What's up my good people!!!!

I hope yall enjoyed the chapter! I had such an interesting time figuring out how I wanted to approach this chapter. I went back and forth on a few different approaches but I went with the one that came out once I centered myself and just wrote so I hope yall enjoyed!

As always, the chapter is unedited so please forgive any mistakes!!

This chapter's Question...

Was the #Hailey reunion what you expected? If not, what did you expect and did you still enjoy it?

This chapter...

Yall when I say it took me three days to figure out how to write this chapter -_- I wrote it like three different times lol One way I had them have a civilized conversation from the jump but I hated that because I felt like it wasn't realistic. Yes B has decided to change but as I reiterated multiple times in the chapter, change doesn't happen overnight. Also, I wanted Harry's grievances heard. The second time I wrote it, I had it be a knock down drag out from the very start lol I felt like this was very #Hailey BUT I wanted to show some growth on both their parts so I figured that wasn't the best way to do it. Finally, the third way (the one I went with) was a nice mix of both. I also switched it up a bit and showed a little more emotion from Harry that doesn't involve him being incredibly sweet. My philosophy is everyone has a "dark side", just that point where they've had enough and Harry reached his. He expected B to immediately tell him she loved him and work from there but when she didn't do that and went the apology/same old song (I'll change) route he got pissed. In my opinion it's understandable. I also didn't want them to have sex this chapter. Although I have some hot stuff planned for future chapters, I didn't want to add any of that to this chapter. As I mentioned in the chapter they use sex as a band-aid fix and I didn't want to overshadow the emotional connection for a sexy one, if that makes sense.

Also, Harry tatted B's name on it so she knows it's real! Ayye! lol Lowkey, I toyed with the idea of really breaking them up but I couldn't do it lol I want to finish the book for one and for two I can't see my #Hailey with anyone else

This chapter's song...

Start Over by Beyonce. Before I even wrote a word for this chapter I knew this was going to be the chapter song. Word for word the lyrics are everything I wanted this chapter to be. B and Harry are at a point where they just need to hit the reset button and give their love another chance without settling or rehashing old stuff. I love this song, always have, and now that it's in one of my favorite books I love it even more.

As for new follower S/O's...

This time we have:

lil_caramel_angel, MolotswaTI, peachescream78, MyleaStanford, personally_x_idgaf, leondrafreeman, read_deez, SmirkingMonkeyEmoji, Flvker, howard312, AshantecrossPanda, HaitianQueenDGloria, jajajuxo, dat_gurl_2016, jb2208, readingall, Adryonne, CourtneyChaChi, marianna_gf18, ShamiyaHolly, A_u_g_u_s_t77, youngtillerr_, HaruNekolai, xXZiamStylikxX, and Jazzy19J!!!

Thanks so much for following and I hope I don't disappoint!

Invite your friends to read and follow and leave me some feedback in the comments!! I love hearing from yall!!!!

Until Next Time,

WBN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 26 10
What do you do when your world begins to crumble down? You're on your own, no one there to help you... Different thoughts racing through your mind...
2.4K 34 39
19 year old Bailey has the perfect life and a perfect boyfriend Harry Styles but when her ex boyfriend Michael Clifford shows up in her town she will...
228K 4.8K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
22.4K 353 28
After coming back from summer camp Riley Johnson was having a the time of her life having the chance to meet a boy and fell in love with him. then ou...