Walk On The Wild Side [Not Ed...

Por itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! [Originally called Crush On The Bad Boy] Socially awkward Victoria Pennington is a com... Más

P R O L O G U E [ S N E A K P E A K + T R A I L E R + C A S T ]
Prologue
1. "You can never get rid of me"
2. "What are you really hiding Tori?"
3. "Tori, just get in the damn car!"
4. "Why a gay stripper bar?"
5. "I'll give it back to you if you give me some answers."
6. "Just leave me alone, Carter"
7. "I dare you to kiss me."
8. "Who knew the bad boy is a softie"
9. "She's back"
10. "I'm here if you need me"
11. "He doesn't do love he bangs different girls, every day"
12. "All things go back to Daniel"
13. "did he just call me Kitten?"
14. "Aww Kitten, you worry about me."
15. "I'm here for you Tori, I'll be by your side."
16. "Do it now Carter!"
17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."
18. "You are so stupid Tori."
I have a Snapchat account?
19. "Do you have feelings for him?"
20. "What secret?"
21. "Did you just smell me?"
22. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."
23. "I'm giving you an offer."
24. "surveillance camera"

25. "Only Two Weeks Left"

3.6K 96 68
Por itsjustmejessica14

Chapter 25 – "Only Two Weeks Left"

What is he doing here?

"Who was the door?" Nan asked coming out of the kitchen.

I chuckled nervously. "Oh just no one." I said continuing to lean against the door, hoping he wouldn't break the door open.

Nan looks at me suspiously, I almost sighed in relief when she was about to walk away. But she stopped when Carter knocked on the door again.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "Tori open the door; I need to speak to you."

I look at Nan sheepishly as she walked towards me. "I may be old, but I definitely know what kids are like these days." She continues. "Come on let me answer the door." I sighed giving up; she wouldn't listen to me, no doubt.

Nan answered the door and I immediately put my hand over my mouth, my eyes and Carter's eyes were wide open. Nan put her hand on her forehead; I can't believe Carter knocked on my Nan's forehead.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath. "I am very sorry Mrs..."

Nan shook her head. "It's fine, just a silly mistake." I look at Nan blankly, how is she fine with Carter hitting her on the forehead not too long ago? I know I definitely wasn't. "Mrs Stevens, but call me Rose."

"Nan," why is she being nice to him?

"Why don't you come in dear," 'oh my god' I mouthed looking the other way because all I could see was Carter smirking, of course enjoying my discomfort.

"No Nan, he has to go, right Carter?"

"So your name is Carter?"

"Yes Mrs Stevens, I mean Rose." They both laugh, am I missing something?

"Well why don't you come in and tell me how you and Tori know each other. I made cookies, freshly made."

I shoot glares at him, he notices and smiles. "I'd love too, and I love cookies."

"Great! I'll just take out the cookies." Nan left, I quickly stepped in front of Carter.

"What are you doing here?" I half whispered and half yelled.

He smiled and stepped inside ignoring my question, as always.

My eyes focused on something else that he was holding. "Woah, what is that?"

"It's called a bag." He said like he was talking to a child.

I rolled my eyes. "I know what it is, but what is it doing here?"

He opened his mouth to speak but he got cut off by Nan entering the room.

"Oh Carter, you're staying?" I smiled crossing my arms over my chest.

Yes Nan, tell him he can't stay here.

"I hope that's okay, Mrs Stevens." I roll my eyes at his sudden sweet boy act.

I know my Nan, she wouldn't let him stay. This was one of her house rules: no boys allowed.

"Of course that's fine!" Nan smiled brightly.

My smile disappeared. "Nan, what are you saying?" she looks at me with confusion written over her face, I look behind me and see him smiling. "Urr... I mean, where is he going to sleep?"

"We'll figure that out later," why doesn't the ground just swallow me up? "Tori, why don't you show Carter your room so he can keep his stuff there," I really don't have a say in this, do I?

Nan went back inside the kitchen, I turned around as Carter slings the heavy bag over his shoulder.

"Lead the way," he gestured to the stairs.

It's like the bag had no effect on him, he wasn't struggling.

I shake my head and make my way upstairs with Carter following behind me.

We came inside my room; I looked at Carter and found him staring around my room as he put his bags down.

I look at him suspiously as he turned his gaze away from my room and looked at me, smiling sweetly.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "What are you really doing here, Carter?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he plopped on my bed casually.

I rolled my eyes when he changed the subject. "How did you know where my Nan lives?"

He tapped his nose repeatedly. "Why are you here?" he questioned.

"I'm here to see my Nan, what else does it look like?" Carter put his hands up in defence.

"Touché," I sighed rolled my eyes.

"You shouldn't even be here." I said looking at him; I looked down when he looked back.

This time he stood up. "Why?" he asked coming closer.

I can't tell Carter why I came to see my Nan. He's the reason why I came here in the first place, I had to make my decision on joining Tommy or not.

I looked down at my shoes. "Because you have more important things to do then come here."

"What if I don't have anything important to do?" I slowly looked up at him and found him still staring at me.

My heart started racing fast and my hands began feeling clammy.

"I-uh-uh..." I kept looking at his eyes then his soft looking lips.

Why is he making me feel like this?

I blushed and looked away. "We should go downstairs."

I didn't wait for him to respond, I quickly walked downstairs.

***

"So when are you both going to tell me that you guys are together?" the moment that came out of Nan's mouth, I spat out some of the cookies. I looked at Carter and saw that he too was feeling uncomfortable.

"Nan, me and Carter-..." she cut me off.

"Are boyfriend and girlfriend?" I start coughing on the cookies. "Oh honey, are you okay?" I nodded taking a sip of water.

I look at Carter and see him smiling to himself. "Mrs Stevens, me and Tori are not together." My chest tightened, I put on a smile while Nan looks confused.

"That's what I was trying to tell you Nan," I continue. "Carter's already got a girlfriend, right Carter?" I could already feel him staring at me.

I looked at him waiting for him to say something, he just continued to stare at me, I raised an eyebrow as he cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah."

I turned around to Nan and smiled as I could see Carter staring at me from the corner of eyes. I carry on eating the cookies making it look like I wasn't affected by anything.

"Oh I thought you coming here and staying here was because you were Tori's boyfriend?" Nan spoke as I carried on going red.

I shake my head. "No Nan, you thought wrong. There is no me and Carter, we're just-..." I thought of what we are. I looked at him for a few seconds and looked away when he looked back at me. "Becoming friends."

I could feel the awkward silence coming.

I stood up feeling a pair of brown eyes. "I'll just go wash this up." I quickly picked up the plated and went inside the kitchen.

Gosh, why did I have to say he has a girlfriend, I officially made things awkward haven't I?

I finished up with the dishes and was about to walk in the living room but stopped when I heard my name in the conversation.

"You know that Tori's mom passed away a couple of years ago, right?" Carter nodded. "I want you to look out for her."

He furrowed his brows. "Why do you want me to look out for her? I mean she has Charlie and Serena."

Nan smiled shaking her head. "I can see some kind of connection between the two of you." Carter gave her an unsure smile.

"But there's nothing going on between us."

"You can keep saying that all you want, but you wouldn't have come over here if you didn't feel anything towards Tori." What is Nan saying? Carter doesn't care about me.

He's here because he's here for something, not because he cares about me.

I didn't want to hear any more of this conversation, so I walked in.

"I'm feeling quite tired, I'm going to bed."

"Alright dear," she said smiling.

I walked upstairs to my room, I closed the door and quickly changed into my comfortable shorts and top. I threw my hair up in a messy bun. I then sat on my bed grabbing my glasses and sketch book.

Sometimes I just like drawing stuff like buildings, flowers, people or sometimes pictures of my mom.

I heard a soft knock on the door. "Come in."

I stopped drawing and dropped my pencil when I saw Carter, he had his hands inside his pockets after he shut the door.

"Yeah?" I asked confused to why he was here.

"Just came to check up on you."

I think I just stopped breathing.

"Well I'm fine thank you." I looked away feeling the awkwardness coming in.

"You draw?" he asked sounding quite surprised.

I shrugged. "Only when I'm bored."

"So like always?" he teased, taking off his leather jacket exposing his muscular arms.

"Ha ha, very funny." He smiled rolling his eyes while taking off his shoes.

I quickly look away when he come over to the other side of my bed.

"Can I have a look?"

"Sure, but it's not that great anyway." I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Are you kidding? There great!" I blushed as he flickered through the pages.

"Thanks."

"No problem," he said handing back my book.

"So are you going to tell me why you're here?" I start making some guesses. "You got tired of the guys? You wanted to stay at some strangers house?" he chuckled. "Come on, why would you drive 4 hours to come over here?" I sighed at my other idea. "My last guess is Tommy, you're worr-..." my eyes widen when I mentioned Tommy's name.

I found Carter staring at me suspiously. "How do you know that Tommy's alive?" 

I gulped. "Just a hunch," I continue. "Why do you know something?" 

He sighed running his hand through his hair. "Drew found footage 3 weeks ago of Tommy coming out of the hospital and..." he hesitated on whether to tell me or not.

"And?" I pushed.

"There's this guy, you don't know him." I rolled my eyes mentally. "He's much more powerful than Tommy, he's like the boss for all of us. He can get anyone killed in a click of a finger, I've seen him do it he's far too dangerous." I was speechless.

"So what are you guys going to do?"

"Well we're going to plan his tracks, I know the moment Tommy sees me, he's going to want to kill me." I let out a small gasp. "There's nothing that can stop him from killing me."

There is Carter.

But that would mean staying on Tommy's side to keep you and everyone safe.

"Well are you going to fight back?"

"No, I'm not." I snap my heard towards him.

"What?"

I saw the sides of his lip curl into a smile. "I'm kidding; you should have seen your face."

I look away from him, crossing my arms over my chest. "Not funny."

He poked my arm. "Come on kitten, I was only joking." I didn't reply. "Although it's nice to see you worried about me." I take a quick glance and see him smiling.

I blushed. "Whatever."

"Come on, let's talk."

"About?"

He thought to himself, until an idea popped in his head. "The future."

"What about the future?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, what are you going to do after high school?"

"Well I've always wanted to travel, I guess go to a good college." I shrugged after while he nodded. "What about you?"

"Possibly carry on the family business," I nodded that wasn't a bad idea. "Hey, we might even bump into each other while we're both traveling." I look at him and we both laugh.

"What about college? Are you going?"

"Haven't really thought about college." He said thinking to himself.

"Well would you want to go to college?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, but I haven't had time to decide what colleges are best." He rested his arms behind his neck. "I'm sure my father will cover for me." His tone of voice sounded like he and his dad have been having troubles.

I nodded looking away from him, I didn't bother asking him about his and his dad's relationship.

"So what's the reason? Why are you here?" he looked at me while I sat up straight. "Tell me, I can take it, I'm a big girl." Carter chuckled.

He sat up straight too. "Well you know about Tommy." I nodded as he continues. "Hunter overheard someone that a person with your kind of description is joining Tommy's side." My eyes widen slightly, but I pretended to act cool. "So just to make sure Tommy and his people wasn't keeping tabs on you, I decided to come here and see you."

I cocked my head to one side. "Come on Carter, you wanting to come and visit me at my Nan's." I don't know why, but it hurts that he didn't want to come see me.

"What do you mean?"

I laughed. "Did one of the guys send you here?"

He looked away, I smiled to myself I know Carter himself wouldn't come visit me, unless if he was forced or dragged.

"Okay fine, Val told me to come visit you." I rolled my eyes smiling, "How do you know it wasn't my idea to come visit you?"

I smiled looking at my hands. "I just know." I looked at and found him confused.

I know because I'm not that special enough for you to care about.

"That's not an answer."

I ignored what he said and changed the subject. "How did you know I was at my Nan's? And how do you know where my Nan lives?"

"I came over to see you and Maggie answered the door and told me you were at your Nan's, so Drew found your Nan's address and here I am."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How the hell did Drew find out where my Nan lives?"

He chuckled. "He's quite good at finding people's whereabouts."

That's a little creepy, but I guess what they go through they are lucky to have Drew.

"So how long are you staying here?"

He shrugged. "How long are you planning on staying here?" I shrugged too. "Why did you come here in the first place? Don't you have textbook revision to get through?"

I sighed ignoring what he said about my textbook revision. "I told you I came here to see my Nan."

He rolled his eyes. "What's the real reason?"

I can't have Carter finding out. "What's it to you, you don't care." He had confusion written on his face, in a matter of seconds it changed into a cold stare.

"Your right, I don't care." There it is, that feeling like knives had stabbed me in the chest.

I bite the inside of my cheeks. "Right, I'm tired." I turn of the lights and have my back facing him. "Goodnight." He didn't respond.

Just keep staying like this Carter.

It just makes it easier for me to stop having these weird feelings for you, and also to make a decision about joining Tommy or not.

Only two weeks left.

---END OF CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE---

Hey lovelies, it's been a long time since I last updated and I am very sorry for that I have been busy with many things such as exams, revision, social hang outs, parties and I didn't have time to start writing some chapters up for my stories unfortunately. 

I said I would update yesterday, but I very busy so I started to type a few paragraphs this morning, then I started at 10:22pm and finished at 00:20am. I am very tired, so if there is any silly mistake, let me know and I'll change it ASAP.

Please do ignore an error, like I said before I will edit this book after it's finished.

PROBLEM: Do you think Tori will join Tommy? And why? Comment below :)

DEDICATION: What was your favourite part of this chapter? And why? Comment below :)

Thank you guys for commenting a lot, there's been many new people reading this story as well as my other stories, but thank you very much for reading Walk on the Wild Side I appreciate it so much! I love each and one you!

Love you lots

Stay beautiful x

-jessica

%

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

214K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...
1.3K 127 40
Riley Devin is just a sixteen year old girl, she isn't popular, she only has a couple friends, she's a nerd, and she has been getting over her first...
355 21 11
He's a heartbreaker... But so is she... And maybe the only one who can reform a badboy- is a badgirl... Clarke is a new student at Washington High S...
1.8K 382 48
[ COMPLETED ]. [ NOT EDITED ] You know it's the usual Girl meets boy, boy meets girl. Badboy turns soft and the nerd falls in love. Well she isn't e...