The Life Of Gamemaker Z

By hungergamessin

For @hungergamessin fans. I do Hunger Games simulations on Instagram at @hungergamessin, and this is the stor... More

July 8th age 7
March 12th age 10
December 25th age 12
June 14th age 13
June 15th age 13
March 12th age 15
February 6th age 17
April 15th age 19
April 16th age 19
March 12th age 79

March 3rd age 76

7 1 1
By hungergamessin

I don't know how long I've been doing this, I don't know. I don't how old I am. I don't know. I used to, I guess I just stopped caring years ago, and soon after I forgot. 

I've stopped counting the Games, too. 

There's one that's about to begin. The Careers this year are impressive. Especially the girls. Frigg, Harper, and Alyssa. Frigg is small, capable of hiding well, and flawless with the knives. Harper is highly adept with the bow and arrow, and hand-to-hand brawls. I'm pretty sure Alyssa is mentally ill, and she does what she likes with any weapon she can find. 

This year the Careers have separated. Ardor has joined what appears to be an Anti to the Careers. An "Anti" is what I call when I group of Tributes join together, and act as the Career's Careers. As in, they train with "gusto" during the days that they're allowed to, and seem as formidable an opponent as possible to the Careers. Using all their strengths together and salvaging and saving their resources. Like the Careers, except groups like these are formed as a force against said Tributes. Annex, Cliff, and Xeropaga had formed an Anti in the very second Game. Before that, in the very first, the Tributes were all too nervous to form any groups at all. 

And by "about to begin," I mean the Tributes are walking to the tubing, ready to be lifted up into the Arena.       

"Hey, Nimbus," I say to the Gamemaker's desk's computer system, so named because it is nimble and quick, "What Game is this?" 

"57th, Gamemaker Z." The computer's voice is pleasant and deep. Soothing. 

"I'm 76!?"

"Yes, Z. Don't worry, the new Panemian lifetime is 200 years. You are no exception. You are not going to die anytime soon, Gamemaker."

"That's not what I'm worried about!"

The computer lifts up a mirror. Apparently I'm easy to read. I look the exact same as I did 57 years ago, when I was 19. 

I sigh. 

"Alright Nimbus," I look into the screen, "Let's do this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
756K 28K 103
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
558K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
136K 6.3K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...