Knox's Girl (Carmichael Serie...

Por AuthorrUnknown

"Get the fuck out of my house!" my dad shouted. "Gladly. But, before I go, I have just one thing to say; you... Mais

NEW AND IMPROVED VERSION! PLEASE READ
Character List
Typical Summer Night
The Call
Reunion
Corbin
Daddy?
Party Gone Wrong
The Confrontation
Lions, Tigers, and Bears Oh My!
Decisions
Done
Regrets
On a Whim
Always Been It
The Morning After
Interrupted
Harsh Words
Bad Turns Into Worse
Punch and Make Up
Good Morning
Dad vs. Daddy
Weird Favors
Betrayal
Family
Breaking the News
A/N
Unexpected
Yes, I'm Positive
Pamper Me
Dinner with the Enemy
Christmas Comes Early
Eggnog and Ugly Sweaters
Making Plans
Trying Times (Bonus Chapter)
Epilogue
Epilogue 2.0
Some Things Never Change (Bonus Chapter)
Knox's Girl Sequel - Sneak Peak!
AU Version Up NOW! + UPDATE ON ORIGINAL VERSION
Till Death Do Us Part

Here Comes The...

507K 14.7K 6.4K
Por AuthorrUnknown

**This is it, folks! The last full chapter of Knox's Girl. Don't mind me sobbing in the corner. This has been such a fun journey for me, you guys don't even know. I love you all for the amazing support you've shown this book. It's absolutely incredible. There will be two additional epilogues after this chapter, so fear not! I hope you all enjoyed the story. **

**Edited**

Poppy's POV

"Who the fuck made my Flower cry?!" I could hear Knox's voice boom from the hallway, reverberating throughout practically the entire venue. I tried desperately to get my tears to stop, but today was already an emotional day and I just couldn't handle everything that'd been thrown at me.

"Goddammit someone better fucking answer me!" he yelled even louder, sounding on the verge of killing someone. It would appear that no one wanted to be on the receiving end of his wrath at the moment, but that much was obvious. "Bunch of fucking morons!" he spat, finishing his angered rant while still storming around the halls. I heard a door slam harshly and jumped. Three gentle knocks rapped against the door to the room I'd taken residence in for my hair and makeup.

"Poppy? Are you in there, baby?" Knox's gravely voice called sweetly through the thin wood.

"Y-yes," I stuttered, cursing myself for letting how upset I was show in my voice - it would only serve to anger him more further.

"Let me in, baby. Daddy will make it all better," he cooed with conviction. I couldn't help the smile that made its way to my face or the snort of laughter that escaped my lips.

"I can't, Knox. I-it's bad luck for the bride and g-groom to see each other before they get married," I reasoned, though I wanted nothing more than to be in his arms right about now.

"I don't give a flying fuck, Flower. Open the door so I can comfort you," he ordered in a no-nonsense tone. He hated when I was upset and would do just about anything to make me smile again, something I loved him so dearly for.

"Knox, I already told you, it's bad-"

"-Luck, yeah I know, Flower. I have a solution; just open the door and close your eyes," he instructed. I laughed at his antics before deciding what the hell? How much worse could the situation get?

I cracked the door open just a peek, but that didn't stop Knox. He pushed the door the rest of the way open before blindly gathering me into his arms. I couldn't help the loud, obnoxious laugh that bubbled out of my throat when I saw what his 'solution' to the problem was.

"Knox, you're going to completely wrinkle your tie if you keep it like that," I snickered, motioning towards the makeshift blindfold he'd concocted even though he couldn't see me do so.

"I don't care, Poppy. Now tell me what's the matter," he demanded. I sighed heavily before snuggling into his arms the best I could due to my absolutely massive belly between us. I allowed my brain to conjure up the events that lead to this morning going to utter crap.

**

I was freaking out. It felt like everything was going wrong but things hadn't even started happening yet. I had a nauseous feeling starting up in the pit of my stomach and the day had only begun.

Did all brides feel like this on their wedding day?

I was pegging it down to the fact that I hadn't spoken to Knox since last night and that was usually the first thing I did every single morning. Wake up, roll over – or sometimes roll off of prior to becoming big as a bus – and face Knox. He's usually awake before I am and just waits until my body decides to grace me with consciousness. As soon as he's done kissing all over my face, neck, and belly he'll get up and lather my gigantic stomach with lotion before switching his attention to my ridiculously swollen feet and ankles to massage them next.

This morning, however, I woke up completely grumpy and sore all over. Without Knox's solid body cradling me from behind and giving me something to press up against, I slept weirdly and ended up with a kink in my shoulder and back. Not to mention, my feet were aching and it was impossible to lift myself up into a sitting position on my own.

"Mom!" I yelled, remaining put - not that I actualy had much of a choice.

"Yes, Honey?" came her sweet voice floating into the room. I instantly relaxed. I hadn't seen or heard much from her in the past month or so - it was almost as if she'd been distancing herself from me, but I haven't quite figured out why. I didn't want to think it was intentional, but I knew for a fact that it was given the numerous attempts I'd made.

"I can't get up on my own, my feet hurt more than usual, and Knox isn't here to wake me up," I surprised myself by sobbing out. I couldn't wait until this pregnancy was over and my hormones could go back to their normal levels. I should've taken up stock with Kleenex at this point; I'd be filthy rich.

"Oh, Poppy," my mom sympathized as she rushed towards me. She crouched to her knees before pushing my hair out of my face and wiping away my tears.

"It'll be okay! It's already one in the afternoon and you're getting married at five. It's a good thing you woke when you did, we need to get up and get something to eat before we head to the venue for your hair and makeup," she explained.

My hair and makeup didn't take long at all because I was going for a natural, timeless look that I wouldn't cringe at when I showed my girls our wedding photos when they were older.

"Poppy, sweetheart, can I talk to you for a moment?" my mom asked as she peeked her head into my room. I tried to keep my mind from thinking the worst as she sounded a little hesitant at first. Despite the horrible start to the day, everything had gone perfectly from that point on. Thankfully, getting to sleep in so late meant that I would have enough energy to walk down the aisle and survive our reception as long as I got to sit the majority of the time. I knew Knox and I weren't really going to be the main attraction, rather my stomach would be, but that was okay. With only a few more minutes until I would walk down the aisle and promise myself to the love of my life, nothing else could possibly go catastrophically wrong.

Oh, how wrong I was.

"Girls, Eric, why don't you go line up so I can speak to her alone for just a moment," she murmured. They all nodded while exchanging confused looks before quickly leaving the room.

"I know you said you didn't want your father coming today, but, Poppy, I really think you should talk to him. He's here and he wants to apologize to you," she explained while rubbing my knuckles back and forth soothingly. No matter how softly she spoke, it didn't keep from sparking a fire in me as I saw red instantly.

"What the hell do you mean, he's here? I gave security a fucking picture and everything! They were given direct orders not to let him in under any circumstances!" I yelled while violently ripping my hands out of her hold.

"Poppy, Honey, please just hear me out. Okay? I took your advice and your dad and I have been seeing a marriage counselor. The cheating situation was really just a big misunderstanding. It's a very long story, but he wants to be involved in your life, Sweetie! Would you please just talk to him?" she begged. I was so angry that even despite how betrayed and upset what she'd done made me feel, I couldn't cry for the first time in months.

"I only gave you that advice because I wanted you to be happy! And I didn't fucking tell you to go to a goddamn marriage counselor! I said to go see a therapist so you could get closure concerning his infidelity. I don't need him in my life! He's never done anything for me! He's never showed me the love a father is supposed to! Why the hell would I let a man that I don't have any connection to come to my wedding?" I demanded, screaming in her face as my anger got the best of me.

"Is everything okay?" My dad asked as he entered the room uninvited.

"You! You rat bastard! Why the hell are you here? Why can't you just stay the hell away from me? From us! We weren't good enough for you before, so why don't you just fuck off!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Even I was a little surprised by how harsh I'd managed to keep my tone.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "Poppy, I know you're upset. There's a lot to this story that you haven't heard yet. I get that you're mad, I really do, but I want to be a part of your life. I've never been the best dad, but I'm going to try to be," he insisted. I shook my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe the utter crap he was spouting.

"He wants to walk you down the aisle, Poppy," my mom explained after a few minutes of silence. Her words caused the dam that was holding my tears back to break.

Yep, there they were. I knew they were just hiding here somewhere.

"You don't get pick and choose when to be a good father! That's not how that shit works! I want you both out! NOW! Neither one of you deserves to share this day with me! Not after what you've both done!" I growled before turning and storming away as fast as I possibly could. There was no way in hell that man was walking me down the aisle and after surprising me with something of this caliber my mother had no place here either. My mom and I agreed she would do it weeks ago. She promised she would. I just wanted the one woman who's been there for me my entire life to give me away, but apparently that was too much to ask...

**

"That fucker! I'm going to fuck up those pieces of shit security douche bags for even letting him step foot in this building!" he hissed.

"Calm down, Knox," I mumbled, completely exhausted and already over the entire situation. I just wanted to forget it all happened and get on with our happy day. "I just wanted today to go smoothly," I grumbled. According to the clock on the wall, I was supposed to walk down the aisle over thirty minutes ago, but now what little makeup I was wearing was a mess and my mom and I weren't on good terms.

"I'll go talk to them and fix everything. I doubt you'll look anything less than a queen, but I will send the makeup people in and then we can finally get married," he said, reading my mind but also probably guessing with my tears I needed a touch-up. There was an excited undertone to his voice causing me to laugh at him before pressing a kiss to his cheek and helping him out of the room without bumping into anything.

"I love you, Flower. Forever and always," he stated fiercely.

"I love you too. Forever and always," I breathed out on a sigh.

Knox's POV

I heard the music start and straightened up immediately.

"You ready, dude?" Zane, my best man, asked. I nodded, ignoring the jibbing from the rest of my groomsmen - who were mostly just good friends from military school.

"I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life," I responded, my voice strong and confident. There was no doubt in my mind that this was exactly what I wanted.

"Can't wait to meet her," the rest of the guys murmured, sending me genuine smiles that I quickly returned. A random tune started playing as the Tansy entered. She took her flower girl duties very seriously as she made sure that an even number of petals trailed behind her. There were chuckles heard all around before the random tune stopped and the tune of the bridal chorus started up. My heart felt like it stopped beating as I heard the whoosh of the church doors open. I looked up and instantly locked eyes with the love of my life. The sight of her on her grandfather's arm knocked the breath out of me as butterflies swarmed in my stomach. She smiled that beautiful smile I would never get enough of while staring right back. Tears pricked the edges of my eyes before a few trailed down my cheek. I couldn't stop them from coming; she was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I wiped the tears away quickly while trying to pull myself together.

She finally marched her way to me before I took her small, soft hands into my much larger ones as she kissed her grandfather's cheek and thanked him for helping on such short notice. I knew I was smiling ear to ear when she looked back at me because of the happy giggle she released in response. I raised her veil to uncover her face before pressing a chaste kiss to the tops of both her hands.

"Dearly beloved, we gather here today to witness the joining of Poppy and Knox in holy matrimony..." the officiant began. The ceremony flew by as Poppy and I didn't look away from one another.

"Do you, Knox Carmichael, take Poppy Nichole to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?" the officiant asked.

"I do," I answered with a huge smile. Poppy squeezed my hands, happiness glowing on her face.

"Do you, Poppy Nichole, take Knox Carmichael to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do-ah!" Poppy suddenly gasped, her jaw hitting the floor as she glanced down at where her feet would've been had they not been covered by her gown. The clergy's eyes grew wide as his attention was immediately drawn to her face.

"Excuse me?" he asked, confused.

"Knox...my water just broke," she hissed, eyes wide and scared as her face paled.

"What?" I gaped back.

"My fucking water just broke!" she hissed again, more hysterical than before. Everyone around us started to chatter, keen on finding out why the ceremony had halted.

"Shit! Somebody get the limo, she's in labor!" I yelled to no one in particular. I wrapped my arm around her waist and helped her lean all her weight against me as I started to walk her out toward the curb to wait for the car to pull up.

"Of course kids with your DNA just couldn't wait. He didn't even get to pronounce us husband and wife!" she grunted unhappily. We were halfway down the aisle when I stopped and looked over my shoulder.

"Father, wrap it up!" I growled. He looked shell-shocked before clearing his throat and glancing back down at his book.

"By the authority vested in me and by the State of South Carolina, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!" he rushed out in one breath. Everyone hooped and hollered, laughing at the craziness of it all as I pecked Poppy's lips and continued toward our previous destination.

"Alright. Let's go have some kids," I laughed giddily.

Poppy's POV

I carefully rolled from my side onto my back, feeling as if I was run over by a semi. I looked across the room to see Knox cradling one of our little girls in his arms, talking to her quietly.

"You put mommy through a lot today, daddy's beautiful girls," he murmured while looking between the two of them and carefully pressing a kiss to each other little hairless heads. Both Evangeline and Eleanor started to whimper and kick around.

"I think they're hungry," I rasped out. Knox jumped just the slightest bit, caught off guard, before handing Evangeline over to me. I smiled, she had dimples just like her daddy. I pulled my gown down and proceeded to nurse both little beauties one-by-one, following every direction exactly as the nurse had instructed earlier. I finished re-buttoning the gown when my eyes met Knox's hungry ones.

I scoffed. "How could you possibly be turned on right now? I look absolutely disgusting," I grimaced.

"You always look beautiful to me, Flower. Always. How long did the doctor say before we could start having sex again?" he jokingly asked.

I just rolled my eyes at his desperation. "The nurse said at least four to six weeks to be safe, but it really just depends on how I heal," I said, laying my head back on my pillow and closing my eyes.

He groaned. "This is going to be the longest month to month and a half of my life." I just rolled my eyes again, knowing he was at least partially kidding.

"Shut up and come cuddle me," I demanded sleepily, still keeping my eyes closed. He headed my command silently, being extremely cautious as to not rattle me around too much.

"Thank you," he whispered against my temple as he spooned me on the hospital bed.

"I love you," I whispered in reply.

"I love you more, Poppy."  

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

7.3K 416 33
Hades Erotic Dark Romance To make a fate, one must be cut. I've lost her so many times. She has come and gone. Loved me and turned to ash in my hands...
837K 28.2K 12
Mina never meant to fall for her sexy tattoo artist, Eric, or to become a model. But when she’s asked to pose in a photo shoot for the Hot Ink tattoo...
1.7M 112K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
3.6K 151 11
A possessive vampire who learns to control his hunger for his human best friend, she has no clue what he's hiding. --------- After a fateful tragedy...