Surviving The End (The Academ...

By LoveAshleyNicole

Emergency alert system activated. Panicked voices. The smell of rotting flesh and death. Devastation. On Fri... More

The beginning of the end.
Calling Dr. Green
Meeting Kota
Meeting Victor
Becoming Trouble
Meeting Nathan
He calls me Miss. Sorenson
He says I'm his Aggele.
If he's North, then Im headed South.
MRE's And Silas Hugs.
Night Watch And Bad Dreams.
Saved By A Prince.
Your My Meanie
Into The Woods We go.
Pam.
Welcome To The Morgan Estate.
Stronger Than Strong.
Monsters In My Memories.
The Three Amigos And The Big Scare.
Each New Day Brings Hope.
The Supply Run From Hell.
Getting My Boys Back.
While You're Away.
Honey, I'm home.
Point. Blank. Period.
On Our Own.
Your My Saving Grace.
Traveling With The Tomas.
Becoming The Hunted.
The Fire In His Eyes.
Waiting For Malen'kaya Ptichka.
Making New Friends.
Facing A Fear.
She's One Hell Of A Bird.
Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place.
Admitting My Mistakes.
Family Meeting.
Self Defense Lessons.
Wasting Time. (Part 1)
Waisting Time (part 2)
AUTHOR NOTE.
AUTHOR NOTE.

The end of being alone.

7.8K 393 62
By LoveAshleyNicole

Sang's POV:

After I had answered there was no reply. Its like there was nobody there anymore and I began to slowly panic. God damnit sang...what the hell did you just do? I could feel my throat closing up and my vision blurred with unshed tears. They're going to come for me now. They're going to rape me and toss me out to the undead. Oh god, how could I have been so fricken stupid?

My body was trembling and I choked out a sob before silently allowing myself to cry. I hadn't cried since the day I saved Max. I've been strong for the two of us. I had to be. But now...right now I was weak and pretty sure I was going to die all because a stupid decision I had made. That thought had my breathing coming out in shallow pants and I was struggling to suck in enough oxygen. Black dots began to dance across my vision. No, not right now. Breathe sang breathe damnit. Max quickly crawled onto my lap and started to lick my face.

He always knew what to do when this happened. He'd helped me get through many nightmares before, so this was nothing new to him. He would just sit with me and lick me until I cuddled him and came back from the panic. This time it was no different.

When I finally got my breathing under control I looked out the window again, still nothing. I double checked the window was secured before crawling under my blankets with max now curled up at the end of my bed. I laid there struggling to stay awake as i listened to the howl of the wind and the soft pitter patter of the rain hitting the house. I tried to keep my eyes open but after the panic attack I'd had earlier I was exhausted. With the storm of the night blistering on outside I was dragged off into sleep and the darkness of my mind.

I woke up to the sound of Max growling lowly. I sat up slowly and rubbed the sleep from my eyes before focusing my attention on what the dog was growling about. I scanned my room listening quietly for any changes in the house. Nothing.

"What is it max?" I whispered in a sleepy croaking voice before following his gaze out the window. The sun was up now so it made it much easier to see. Across the street were about 7 undead shuffling around the door and front window of a house. The same house that had signaled me yesterday. Good. At least the signaler can't hurt me now. I thought bitterly and instantly regretted it. It wasn't right for me to feel that way. They had yet to hurt me or threaten me in any way and here I was practically wishing death on them.

And the good Samaritan of the year award goes to...sang Sorenson.

Well fuck.

I guess I better help them. They might at least leave me alone since I've done them a favor. I thought to myself.

I sighed as I got up and made my way to the little attic crawl space next to my bed. I had pretty much turned it into a weaponry room my first three days here after finding a bunch of guns, amo, and a crossbow in the shed from whoever owned the house before us. I was lucky to find them. Although, I'm not so sure if I really wanted to know why they were in there.

Pulling out my crossbow and arrows I closed the attic up and made my way back to the window before unlocking it and opening it wide enough to fit my crossbow out of it so I could have a clear shot. I could see the curtains moving in the house across the street in the downstairs window. Oh great, now you've done it smart guy. They know you're there now. What an idiot. Sure enough, I watched as the undead began to shuffle towards the window and begin to try and push through. I heard a loud crack and realized the glass was beginning to give away as a blur of dark hair pushed the curtain aside and began to hammer up a piece of wood to the window. I heard another crack and quickly positioned my crossbow and arrow before drawing it back to my shoulder. I closed one eye and inhaled just as two of my targets lined up. I took aim and fired on an exhale watching as the arrow glided through the air strait into the back of both the undeads heads before they dropped down together, unmoving.

Two down, 5 to go.

The signaler finally got the board in place as I readied my next arrow. I continued my extermination of the undead until there was none left. I sat there observing the area, satisfied that I hadn't missed any threats before putting my crossbow away and making my way to the other side of the room to the trunk next to my bookshelf. I grabbed the last bottle of water from the trunk and split it between max's bowl and myself before reaching into the trunk again and pulling out a can of soup and doing the same.

Max quickly hopped off my bed and Nuzzled my leg before padding over to his bowls to eat. I sat down on the bed eating my soup and sipping on my water before putting on my converse and slipping out my half open window to collect my bucket from last night. I carefully made my way across the roof before looking inside. It was full to my luck, and completely drinkable. I grinned at the knowledge that I wouldn't have to leave the safety of my house to survive at least for a little while longer.

You see my house was basically a brick fortress. So it was technically unbreakable to the undead. I had boarded up all the windows other than my own and barricaded all the doors downstairs so anybody trying to get in would have a hard time doing so, and I would also have enough time to react with all the noise they'd be making giving me fair warning.

I was brought out of my musings when I thought I heard a soft grunt nearby. I froze, slipping my hand around the handle of the switchblade I kept in my back pocket before whiping around quickly while pulling it out and flicking it open.

Hmmm, nothing.

I stood there a moment longer just listening and checking the surrounding area before I put away my knife and picked up the bucket befire turning to make my way back into the house. I leaned into my room from outside and put the full bucket on my nightstand before carefully climbing back in through the window. "Look max, we've got fresh water boy." I informed my furry friend. There was no response and max didn't rush over to see me like he normally did, so I glanced at my bedroom door only to find it still closed before scanning my room. Freezing when my gaze landed on the floor next to my bookshelf.

There were boots.

Black boots.

And legs connecting to the boots. My eyes trailed up the faded jean clad, strong legs to a torso wearing a button down plaid baby blue, white and Grey shirt with the top three buttons undone revealing a strong, cut masculine chest and slightly tan skin. My gaze flicked up to the intruders face and my breath hitched in my throat as my green eyes locked on mishevious, playful brown orbs before taking in blonde hair that hung long enough to just touch his shoulders.

He was handsome. Breathtaking even. But still an intruder. So I did what any girl would do.

I screamed.

Now that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do because a soon as I screamed a series of other things happened.

First, The intruder jumped and pulled out his own knife, looking behind him at the bedroom door, as if that's where the danger was, all while making his way towards me quickly. That caused me to panic and I jumped hitting my head on the ceiling before falling to the floor where I promptly landed on my butt, which caused the intruder to turn to me and try to get near me maybe to assist me? Or you know cut me into a million pieces with the knife he was still clutching.

Second, while all this was happening I began to have a panic attack and my breathing- or lack thereof- was coming out in short pants and after hitting my head I was now beginning to see black spots.

And last but definitely not least, the site of the intruder quickly making his way toward me with a knife was the last straw before I felt my eyes roll to the back of my head and heard a bark before I was pulled into darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 1.1K 9
~At the age of three I was required to be the perfect daughter as my mother was the butcher and I the lamb heading for the slaughter. I didn't compla...
4.8K 761 23
•DAILY UPDATES• What are the odds that you are dared to send a random text to a stranger? And what are the odds that the stranger happens to be someo...
23.2K 1.5K 37
Academy Fan Fiction Au CL Stone owns these characters I'm just borrowing them. Sang doesn't know what happiness is. Her life is about survival. When...
295K 8.1K 45
Sterek story. Stiles he gets bullied he Hates himself. And harms himself. his only real friends are Scott and Cora. Well Cora has a twin. Dere...